The Lost Books Of The Bible

Texts of the Apocrypha (means hidden)Apocrypha is a plural word that originally denoted hidden or secret writings, to be read only by initiates into a given Christian group. It comes from Greek and is formed from the combination of apo and krytein

Esdras.

Book of Tobit (the Vulgate, and Luther call it "Tobias")

Book of Judith.

Book of Wisdom.

Ecclesiasticus.

Baruch.

Susanna.

1st & 2nd Maccabees.

In the Book of Baruch there is a strange story where by Jeremiah sends this young boy out (Abimelech) to go and collect some figs.   The boy went out and collected the fresh figs. All of a sudden, Abimelech hears some noise and wind in the air, and he becomes unconscious, he had a blackout. After a time, he wakes up again, and he saw it was nearly the evening. So when he runs back to the society the city was full of strange soldiers. And he says, “What’s going on here? Where are Jeremiah and all the others?” And an old man said, “That was 66 year ago.

http://4baruch.thebookofenoch.info/#top

The book of Judith

This woman Judith was said to be a beautiful widow who lived in the town of Bethulia in Israel during the sixth century B.C. An army set siege on the town, and Judith went into the enemy camp to meet with their leader, Holofernes, a general for Nebuchadnezzar, king of the Assyrians. Holofernes was so charmed by the widow that he drank too much wine and passed out, after which Judith took his sword and cut off his head. The severed head inspired the Israelites to attack, and the Assyrians fled.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Judith

There are loads more books which are lost that make for interesting reading;

1727575766_booksmissingfromthebible.PNG.cbbd53a43b2c1352f96aed3be3a9ad66.PNG1502171442_3thelostbooksoftheb.PNG.a6a069fdc0fe38977a869ec51266cae4.PNG

Another interesting book is the Gospel of Thomas where by it tells of Jesus when he was a young boy........but I'm not sure of it's authenticity ??

https://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/lbob/lbob08.htm

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, DougASmall said:

In this case the key is Christ. 

You can only discern the bible with christ. With a key you turn it 180deg. 

Here just watch the unrolled scroll 

This is so true, without Jesus you will never understand the scriptures, they never stop ceasing to amaze me, especially the removed book of  'Jasher'. In this book it tells us about how Joshua made the sun stand still. And in the book of Enoch, well this book just WOW's me when it comes down to Biblical Cosmology.

But I believe & truly understand the book of Revelation now, and I would suggest that everybody tries to understand this book especially now and the times we are now living in.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm reading the "Book of Adam and Eve".  I see where many of the allusions in the Bible come from.  There are so many other important

books which were left out by "King James" the blood-crazed lunatic "king".  My God, what a monstrosity.  

Do not cast Pearls before pigs or they will trample them under the hooves, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

There are many "books" that people are discovering, or alternatively writing, most of them tell some woke feminist liberal message.

This phase of society where there is no respect for anything, anything inside you or anything outside you, and there is this irrepressible urge to destroy the past ... this phase does not last long.

On 8/16/2020 at 6:02 AM, alexa said:

Texts of the Apocrypha (means hidden)Apocrypha is a plural word that originally denoted hidden or secret writings, to be read only by initiates into a given Christian group. It comes from Greek and is formed from the combination of apo and krytein

Esdras.

Book of Tobit (the Vulgate, and Luther call it "Tobias")

Book of Judith.

Book of Wisdom.

Ecclesiasticus.

Baruch.

Susanna.

1st & 2nd Maccabees.

In the Book of Baruch there is a strange story where by Jeremiah sends this young boy out (Abimelech) to go and collect some figs.   The boy went out and collected the fresh figs. All of a sudden, Abimelech hears some noise and wind in the air, and he becomes unconscious, he had a blackout. After a time, he wakes up again, and he saw it was nearly the evening. So when he runs back to the society the city was full of strange soldiers. And he says, “What’s going on here? Where are Jeremiah and all the others?” And an old man said, “That was 66 year ago.

http://4baruch.thebookofenoch.info/#top

The book of Judith

This woman Judith was said to be a beautiful widow who lived in the town of Bethulia in Israel during the sixth century B.C. An army set siege on the town, and Judith went into the enemy camp to meet with their leader, Holofernes, a general for Nebuchadnezzar, king of the Assyrians. Holofernes was so charmed by the widow that he drank too much wine and passed out, after which Judith took his sword and cut off his head. The severed head inspired the Israelites to attack, and the Assyrians fled.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Judith

There are loads more books which are lost that make for interesting reading;

1727575766_booksmissingfromthebible.PNG.cbbd53a43b2c1352f96aed3be3a9ad66.PNG1502171442_3thelostbooksoftheb.PNG.a6a069fdc0fe38977a869ec51266cae4.PNG

Another interesting book is the Gospel of Thomas where by it tells of Jesus when he was a young boy........but I'm not sure of it's authenticity ??

https://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/lbob/lbob08.htm

I have so many questions and this thread seems as good a place as any to start... So to anyone that wants to offer a sister some words of advice would be appreciated.... I'll try and stay brief if I can. Until this year my views on God were more pantheistic, I was interested in Hinduism and I suppose I just floated round with a belief in God but no deep understanding of who he is or a direct following of a religion. Until this year I hadn't realised the vast amount of evil that seems to be among us especially all the Satanic worship we see from the Elites!! There is so much more to this hoax than pure human control and definitely stems into the Spiritual realm. This made me question a lot and understanding parts of the book of Revelation and witnessing whats going on I thought about picking up the Bible.  I have taken down my Shiva and Ganesh statues as I do believe Christianity is the right path but I am still processing and learning.... I've been into 'New Age' stuff for a while but I'm learning to leave that stuff alone now, although I won't lie it does make me a bit sad which is one of the reasons i feel a bit confused. I used to follow the Chakra system with great interest and have Reiki done regularly (in fact I bumped into my Reiki woman yesterday and made a bunch of excuses why i haven't been in a while before skulking off) but I have been learning that this would be classed as mysticism and as a Christian I should not follow this?? The Chakra's make sense to me and aligning them always seemed to work and make me feel good? Or have I been tricked? I have read and watched video's saying i need to stay away from this stuff. But I'm also confused as I do question so much of history and what is truth and what are lies that we have been made to believe. So then if I question that how do I know the Bible is real? Is belief in God enough or do I need to follow Christianity? So I actually have a couple of Bible's from when I was young anyway, one of which was bought by my Grandparents from Jerusalem with a beautiful mother of pearl cover. My cover seems to be on backwards as my Grandparents bought my sister the same Bible a few years earlier from there and hers has a lovely 3D star on the front. My star is on the back... upside down... read into that what you will. Anyway its a KJV and I noticed a comment above about him being a blood craved lunatic, I've came across something similar before but haven't read into this. I'd always believe the KJV was the best version to read, does it matter? Are there many differences? I did notice in all the Churches I have been in recently they seem to have the ... I think its the RSV? And in those I have noticed certain lines are missed out.... Alexa mentioned above about the missing books. If there are other books in the Bible why aren't they included? And do we know them to be real? I'll stop at this point or I could go on forever but any general thoughts on this and on following eastern traditions while trying to follow Jesus is ok? Are there any other threads on these forums worth looking at?

🙂

On 12/10/2020 at 1:01 PM, Jelly Bean said:

I have so many questions and this thread seems as good a place as any to start...

Hi Jelly Bean.

Good questions welcome to the religious forums. Let me give you my point of view regarding your questions. 

According to the Buddhists, Jesus, in his lost years went and studied with them. According to Bill Donahue on Youtube there are Eastern teachings within the Bible regarding raising the Kundalini spirit. So are Eastern teachings evil? No. Are they anti-christian? No. But they are Pagan, I'll get to that in a minute. Regarding religion, Christianity or Judaism - 'Treat others as you wish to be treated' thats really all you need to know and if everyone did that we would have heaven on earth.

Regarding Bible translations, I was always told the KJ was the best and most literal. Its the version I had growing up but I don't believe that to be true anymore. In the Yale Anchor Bible Series there is, as I understand a faithful and literal translation of some of the early original text. There are differences, but unfortunately the Anchor series is quite expensive. 

Also in the Greek Bible there is no ascension story, it was added later to the Bible. So it is very important which Bible you study if you choose to do so.

I do believe there is a golden thread of truth that runs through all religions but discerning that truth from the false teachings is a difficult task. I think some versions of Christianity are batsh*t crazy and mostly all are corrupt. They teach false spirituality while emptying your bank account. I would stay away from all organized religions except the Quakers.

Regarding Paganism, it seems all religions are based on Paganism - Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Zorastian, Islam they all stem from the ancient pagan mystery religions. These ancient religions used the Sun, Moon and stars as a basis of their fables. Encoded into these fables were spiritual truths regarding the souls evolution on its journey back to heaven. So it is useful to study this stuff if you can unpick the symbology and allegory (and secret codes) but try not to let it consume you. 

Seek and ye shall find. Just accept what your heart tells you and discard the rest.

BTW in future, try to put paragraphs into your writing as some people don't like looking at a wall of text and won't even bother to read it.

whats up with Paganism? Socrates was a Pagan, teaching about the heavenly abode to Glaucon while proposing a system of government called Timocracy - A system where the just and righteous became the elect and the unjust and immoral became the lowest strata.

47 minutes ago, Steph said:

whats up with Paganism?

I'm beginning to suspect there is nothing wrong with Paganism, I was always led to believe that Paganism was idolatry and associated with Satanism. But I'm beginning to think this was a strategy by the early church to demonize Paganism and promote their form of Christianity to assume spiritual control over the people, by suppressing Pagan teachings while cleverly assuming some of the philosophy as their own.

It seems obvious that all the major religions are based on Paganism and if there is any merit in religions then there must also be merit in Paganism.

As I now understand it, Paganism, the Zodiac and the attributes applied to the planets and stars are just a metaphor to explain the soul's progress back to source. Hence I'm beginning to believe there is nothing wrong with Paganism and that it may in fact be a more accurate system for describing our soul journey.