Events

Grumpy Owl

The forum already has a Calendar feature:

https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php?/calendar/

I'm not sure if 'ordinary' members are able to create 'events' in the calendar (never really thought to try and use this feature myself before!).

Organisers of any kind of event that might be relevant to members of this forum should be encouraged to add them to the calendar. Or likewise, if anyone knows of any such events, they should also feel free to add them.

It could be some kind of mass gathering like I attended in Birmingham today. Or a similar gathering and march happening in London later this month.

Any kind of event, such as a protest, rally or march, or even an 'event' such as the next 'live' interview with Brian Rose and David Icke.

What this software platform used by this forum doesn't do, that others do, is create a discussion topic for that calendar event.

So would it be useful to have an Events board in this forum? Where a discussion topic for an event can be created, then include the link to that topic in the calendar event?

• Like 1

Do you think it helps to have it as it is now, if you click on the Activity tab?

For me, not signed in, I can see the 'discussion' of an event in the 'activity' screen!

events.jpg.94b129b82904d0f329edb9d628000713.jpg

Edit .... Not signed in I can see the 'banner' for the up coming event as well.

20 minutes ago, ink said:

Do you think it helps to have it as it is now, if you click on the Activity tab?

For me, not signed in, I can see the 'discussion' of an event in the 'activity' screen!

events.jpg.94b129b82904d0f329edb9d628000713.jpg

Edit .... Not signed in I can see the 'banner' for the up coming event as well.

I don't know how many people here even look at the Activity tab to be honest (or even know it exists!)

On other forum software I've used in the past (such as SMF) where there is a calendar feature, it allows the creation of an associated forum discussion topic for that event, but this Invision doesn't seem to. Unless there is a configuration setting that can be changed, but that would need an admin to look into.

18 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

I don't know how many people here even look at the Activity tab to be honest (or even know it exists!)

Good point mate .... moved it to the right hand side and it 'looks' better to me!

Could try it on the main forum page?

Edit .... Have put it on the main forum page, on the right, as well .... looks ok!

Using web dev tools (responsive for different screen sizes, thus mobiles, tablets etc) .... It comes up at the bottom of the forum sections as if it is another section, so that is good .... looks like discussion threads 🙂

23 minutes ago, ink said:

Good point mate .... moved it to the right hand side and it 'looks' better to me!

Could try it on the main forum page?

Edit .... Have put it on the main forum page, on the right, as well .... looks ok!

Using web dev tools (responsive for different screen sizes, thus mobiles, tablets etc) .... It comes up at the bottom of the forum sections as if it is another section, so that is good .... looks like discussion threads 🙂

I didn't even think about using the Block manager, now appears at the top of the forum Home page rather than the right.

1 minute ago, Grumpy Owl said:

I didn't even think about using the Block manager, now appears at the top of the forum Home page rather than the right.

Oh cool mate .... just looked before seeing your post and thought "wtf I didn't put it there??" .... lol

Seems to show up well on mobile devices .... looks like threads!

So if it is put at the top then on smaller screens it shows up as the first forum section but if on the right it shows as the last section.

Problem with it being at the top then .... how many does it show?

5 minutes ago, ink said:

So if it is put at the top then on smaller screens it shows up as the first forum section but if on the right it shows as the last section.

Problem with it being at the top then .... how many does it show?

I've set it to show all events within the next 30 days. Max of 5.

Problem solved! Now we just need people to share these kinds of events in the calendar.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A reminder to all members: if you are either organising or aware of any events due to take place that would be of interest to forum members here, please feel free to add them to the forum's Community Calendar:

https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php?/calendar/

Upcoming events will be shown at the top of the Forum home page.

Click on the Event name to view all details, leave a comment, and share with your friends!

Can the protest in Melbourne on Saturday 5 September be added to the calender of upcoming events please.

The Guardian have done a hit job on the event  oday.

"Police in Victoria have charged two men over the “coordination and encouragement” of an anti-lockdown protest to be held in Melbourne on Saturday.

Victoria police said the men, a 28-year-old from Coburg and a 38-year-old from Epping, had been arrested and charged with incitement after officers searched their homes on Tuesday morning. In a statement, police said officers seized several items including mobile phones, laptops and postage items. The men have both been bailed to appear at the Melbourne magistrates court on 4 February.

Dreamed up by a coalition of online groups broadly linked around a mishmash of conspiracy theories, the so-called Day of Freedom protest scheduled for 5 September has been planned in defiance of lockdown restrictions, mandates on mask-wearing in Victoria, 5G, vaccinations and “child trafficking and pedophilia”.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/sep/01/two-men-charged-with-planning-melbourne-anti-lockdown-protest

@Grumpy Owl

Edited by Golden Retriever
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Golden Retriever said:

Can the protest in Melbourne on Saturday 5 September be added to the calender of upcoming events please.

The Guardian have done a hit job on the event  oday.

"Police in Victoria have charged two men over the “coordination and encouragement” of an anti-lockdown protest to be held in Melbourne on Saturday.

Victoria police said the men, a 28-year-old from Coburg and a 38-year-old from Epping, had been arrested and charged with incitement after officers searched their homes on Tuesday morning. In a statement, police said officers seized several items including mobile phones, laptops and postage items. The men have both been bailed to appear at the Melbourne magistrates court on 4 February.

Dreamed up by a coalition of online groups broadly linked around a mishmash of conspiracy theories, the so-called Day of Freedom protest scheduled for 5 September has been planned in defiance of lockdown restrictions, mandates on mask-wearing in Victoria, 5G, vaccinations and “child trafficking and pedophilia”.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/sep/01/two-men-charged-with-planning-melbourne-anti-lockdown-protest

@Grumpy Owl

On the Calendar page, just click the 'Add Event' button to add an event to the calendar. 😉

I don't have the relevant details to add this event though.

• Thanks 1