Jump to content

My Caring GP surgery


Steve H

Recommended Posts

I’ve just been to the GP for a blood test following a severe asthma attack a few nights ago which required a visit from the paramedics.  When I got to my surgery door I was wheezing like an old dog and gasping for breath.  The lady on the reception who could hear me wheezing and gasping for breath then advised me to cover my nose and mouth with a face nappy and obstruct my airway and breathe in my carbon dioxide.  It’s funny, but that’s not the usual advice given to asthmatics fighting for breath.  In fact it’s the polar opposite.  So I must remember the next time I have an asthma attack to obstruct my airway as this is advice from my go surgery.  Is this for real?  I told the woman she wasn’,t for real asking me to do such a thing in such circumstances.  She didn’t like it but that’s her problem.

 

What the hell are we coming to?

 

Bewildered.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My father has copd, one thing he has found that helps him is blueberry strain cannabis baked into biscuits.

 

I have lost a lot of faith in doctors this year,  I never knew they were so gutless as to not attend ill people and I never  knew they got £10 fees for every person they inject with flu vaccine.. total shits

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, shadowmoon said:

My father has copd, one thing he has found that helps him is blueberry strain cannabis baked into biscuits.

 

I have lost a lot of faith in doctors this year,  I never knew they were so gutless as to not attend ill people and I never  knew they got £10 fees for every person they inject with flu vaccine.. total shits

 

@shadowmoon the surgery receive that money, not individual doctors.  A surgery is a business with one or more GP Partner(s) and any 'services' they offer such as vaccinations are counted as income.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Steve H said:

I’ve just been to the GP for a blood test following a severe asthma attack a few nights ago which required a visit from the paramedics.  When I got to my surgery door I was wheezing like an old dog and gasping for breath.  The lady on the reception who could hear me wheezing and gasping for breath then advised me to cover my nose and mouth with a face nappy and obstruct my airway and breathe in my carbon dioxide.  It’s funny, but that’s not the usual advice given to asthmatics fighting for breath.  In fact it’s the polar opposite.  So I must remember the next time I have an asthma attack to obstruct my airway as this is advice from my go surgery.  Is this for real?  I told the woman she wasn’,t for real asking me to do such a thing in such circumstances.  She didn’t like it but that’s her problem.

 

What the hell are we coming to?

 

Bewildered.

 

@Steve H am so sorry to read this, it must have been scary for you.  I would speak with the practice manager and raise it as a training issue as it's clearly not acceptable to be given a wrong and dangerous instruction from someone who isn't medically qualified.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Steve H said:

I’ve just been to the GP for a blood test following a severe asthma attack a few nights ago which required a visit from the paramedics.  When I got to my surgery door I was wheezing like an old dog and gasping for breath.  The lady on the reception who could hear me wheezing and gasping for breath then advised me to cover my nose and mouth with a face nappy and obstruct my airway and breathe in my carbon dioxide.  It’s funny, but that’s not the usual advice given to asthmatics fighting for breath.  In fact it’s the polar opposite.  So I must remember the next time I have an asthma attack to obstruct my airway as this is advice from my go surgery.  Is this for real?  I told the woman she wasn’,t for real asking me to do such a thing in such circumstances.  She didn’t like it but that’s her problem.

 

What the hell are we coming to?

 

Bewildered.

 

2 minutes ago, CyprusAvenue said:

 

@shadowmoon I don't believe that all GP Partners are mercenary.  Will come back a bit later with more info.

I have had severe chest problems for about six years. Called doctors today to tell them of a bad flare up. They decided to ignore my specialist test results plus other visits. They are constantly trying to say that it is anxiety. A joke.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, shadowmoon said:

 

So it's just based round profit making in other words?

Any more info?

 

 

@shadowmoon it's complicated, from what I can see.  Probably the worst thing to have ever been introduced was this:

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quality_and_Outcomes_Framework

 

When what's really needed is a 'reward' for getting people off meds and adopting a healthy lifestyle.  It doesn't make sense that the more patients who're prescribed anti depressants (the biggest earner), statins (second biggest earner) etc the more money the surgery will 'earn'.  It's outrageous and proof that the NHS has been in the pocket of Pharma for a very long time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bombadil said:

 

I have had severe chest problems for about six years. Called doctors today to tell them of a bad flare up. They decided to ignore my specialist test results plus other visits. They are constantly trying to say that it is anxiety. A joke.

 

 

@Bombadil have you not been able to see your specialist then?    Would A&E be able to help?  As regards anxiety, please see my reply to @shadowmoon and read the link.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Steve H said:

I’ve just been to the GP for a blood test following a severe asthma attack a few nights ago which required a visit from the paramedics.  When I got to my surgery door I was wheezing like an old dog and gasping for breath.  The lady on the reception who could hear me wheezing and gasping for breath then advised me to cover my nose and mouth with a face nappy and obstruct my airway and breathe in my carbon dioxide.  It’s funny, but that’s not the usual advice given to asthmatics fighting for breath.  In fact it’s the polar opposite.  So I must remember the next time I have an asthma attack to obstruct my airway as this is advice from my go surgery.  Is this for real?  I told the woman she wasn’,t for real asking me to do such a thing in such circumstances.  She didn’t like it but that’s her problem.

 

What the hell are we coming to?

 

Bewildered.

 

Wow, that is absolutely disgusting. 

 

Edit: yes I would follow the good advice above and report it so someone else doesn't suffer the same fate.

Edited by Mr H
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

 

I had to look it up myself and unfortunately it seems to be very real.

 

rb.jpg.c6149992aff1c59b48a33333d834e5cc.jpg

 

 

How to do CPR on an adult: COVID-19 update

https://www.sja.org.uk/get-advice/first-aid-advice/unresponsive-casualty/how-to-do-cpr-on-an-adult/

OK, so said person needs CPR to restore breathing etc and they are telling you to cover their mouth and nose with a cloth? 🤣🤣🤣 FFS! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is no where to walk away to any more  -TZC-   I would have decades ago otherwise.

We live in an insane toxic society, where the mainstream is so totally immersed that they cant tell the difference between right or wrong, up or down, poison or nutrition, tyranny or freedom or breathing and suffocation.

 

The lunatics took over the asylum millenia ago.

The new normal has always been with us - only no one noticed it

 

I would like very much to experience normal.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

my walk away was to get outta here, a litlle dark. 😕 We shouldn't do that I'm quite sure. I hope I can be proud of my decisions despite the circumstances, the choices. If they are terrible, bad or just barely acceptable, I hope to say mid finger to them and accept the concequences of doing so. It'd be great to think I wasn't alone but that should not be a factor in the decision

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@ steve h sorry to hear about your experience. i have asthma too. maybe you should take the matter up with your doctor personally. its asthma, its an emergency. you have priority in that situation.

 

and if possible try keeping a neb for emergencies. alt healing may also help. i found personally, during mango season, i had no problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, CyprusAvenue said:

 

 

@shadowmoon it's complicated, from what I can see.  Probably the worst thing to have ever been introduced was this:

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quality_and_Outcomes_Framework

 

When what's really needed is a 'reward' for getting people off meds and adopting a healthy lifestyle.  It doesn't make sense that the more patients who're prescribed anti depressants (the biggest earner), statins (second biggest earner) etc the more money the surgery will 'earn'.  It's outrageous and proof that the NHS has been in the pocket of Pharma for a very long time.

 

 

"but GPs who fail to reach the targets can be penalised in many different ways and can even find themselves being asked to justify why they haven't reached targets. This can be classed as a 'poor outcome' 'poor practice' so you see there is more to it than you realise."

 

(From a daily mail comment.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Grumpy Owl said:

 

"Staying Alive" - what an inversion!

 

Perhaps more appropriate would be "Killing Me Softly" (The Fugees version is a bit more uptempo)

Hahahaha exactly, how messed up is that? They are taking the ultimate piss. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...