Temperature check for Covid with gun like device

Hi, I have some concerns about the gun like devices being used in some scenarios to see 

if people have a high temperature.  Made an impromptu visit to a funfair with my kids when exploring on holiday in South Wales (I’m from England) and this was  the first time I’d seen them. Face masks insisted on rides for over 7s, too. I said my kids were under 7 (one isn’t) and for the first time used the exemption card because I felt the need to compromise in order to give my kids time experience of the fair without me getting into an argument. Hardly anyone there,  and I had a creepy feeling such fairs may no longer exist next year. Anyway the temp gun was pointed right in the centre of forehead. Felt wrong and invasive and I wont allow one near us again. Anyone know if repeated use could actually do some damage? Rumours of temperature checks in school for September.

Edited by Dustpanandbrush
1 hour ago, Dustpanandbrush said:

Hi, I have some concerns about the gun like devices being used in some scenarios to see 

if people have a high temperature.  Made an impromptu visit to a funfair with my kids when exploring on holiday in South Wales (I’m from England) and this was  the first time I’d seen them. Face masks insisted on rides for over 7s, too. I said my kids were under 7 (one isn’t) and for the first time used the exemption card because I felt the need to compromise in order to give my kids time experience of the fair without me getting into an argument. Hardly anyone there,  and I had a creepy feeling such fairs may no longer exist next year. Anyway the temp gun was pointed right in the centre of forehead. Felt wrong and invasive and I wont allow one near us again. Anyone know if repeated use could actually do some damage? Rumours of temperature checks in school for September.

Have a look at this and see what you think:

https://www.health.com/condition/infectious-diseases/coronavirus/coronavirus-temperature-checks

• Thanks 1

I don't have any evidence, but there has been some private discussion about the theory that "they" are targetting the third eye - that's where intuition, expanded consciousness lies.

To be honest it sounds like a far fetched theory to me, but we are in the world of far fetched at the moment, and I will not rule out anything

• Thanks 1

Before reading any articles, when I first saw the electronic temp check guns and the agents pointing them at the center of people's forehead the first thought that came to me was that they are assaulting the third eye. Maybe blinding it or deactivating it.

I would stay far away from any temp check guns or swabs. Very dangerous IMO.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Messenger said:

Before reading any articles, when I first saw the electronic temp check guns and the agents pointing them at the center of people's forehead the first thought that came to me was that they are assaulting the third eye. Maybe blinding it or deactivating it.

I would stay far away from any temp check guns or swabs. Very dangerous IMO.

Me too. If someone insists on wanting to take my temperature I will insist they do it the ol fashioned way by sticking something up me B*m. Hopefully that should deter them!

• Haha 1

These handheld infra-red thermometers have been around for ages, we sell some at work, as part of our catering range of products, used for measuring the temperature of meat to ensure its cooked properly. Around February/March this year, we suddenly started selling loads of them for some reason. 😆

What was crazy though was the number of private addresses and non-catering companies these were being dispatched to. I dread to think how many employees have been having their temperatures 'tested' daily using a catering thermometer.

As for their effectiveness, well people can run temperatures for all sorts of reasons, I wonder how effective they are if someone has been sitting out in the sun for several hours and has a bit of a sweat on? Fevers can be caused by all sorts of conditions, not exclusively Covid-19, or maybe thats the plan for any kind of illness to be 'Covid'?

8 hours ago, shadowmoon said:

they have to stick those swabs right down your throat,  negates needing a mask if they have to  go that far.

And the swabs they were sticking up people's nose too.

9 hours ago, Mr H said:

Me too. If someone insists on wanting to take my temperature I will insist they do it the ol fashioned way by sticking something up me B*m. Hopefully that should deter them!

I wouldn't bank on it. Especially if you've got small children with you.

We have been using these kind of thermometers for the past 2-3 years...they seem to last longer, and easier to clean / sanitize.

I dont know, maybe its aimed at 3rd eye as well. the worlds so crazy you never know.

anyways i remember seeing a video few days ago on fb, showing how some of these are "pre programmed"... on each key press, a random temp is thrown out. even when its not aimed at any heat source! made in china

will try to share the vid here IF i find it again