Birmingham gathering - Sat 15th August

Grumpy Owl

Just learned of this from Andrew Johnson's "Check The Evidence" website:

https://www.checktheevidence.com/wordpress/2020/08/03/vaccine-messaging-study-paula-realises-birmingham-uk-15-aug-2020-gates-and-epstein-reason-for-hcq-crackdown/

Birmingham Gathering – 15 Aug 2020 – 12 Noon

“The disproportionate Government response to COVID and the torrent of fear-based reporting , is destroying lives, our businesses, our economy and mental health. Stand up for freedom. Stand up for our rights. Say no to: Unlawful lockdowns — Mandatory masks — Track, trace & test — Health passports.”

image004.png

Been looking for an excuse to go and have a look around the city centre as I haven't been there since before the lockdown started.

• Like 1

Just returned from a very pleasant afternoon at the above event which took place today.

First of all, on the short walk through the city centre from Carrs Lane bus stops to Victoria Square, first thing I noticed was how relatively quiet it was, Saturday lunchtime the city centre is usually packed with people, though I haven't been there since early this year. Still quite a few people walking about, and quite pleasing to see a majority of people not wearing face coverings, though I did shake my head a bit at what looked like young couples who were walking around with their matching 'fashion' masks. And holding hands. Explain that one!

Got to Victoria Square just before 12pm and there was already a small crowd gathering, and there was some lady singing songs.

I doubt this will get reported in the media, but at the height of the event, I'd have estimated there were a good couple of hundred people there. No social distancing or masks either!

First speaker was Andrew Johnson, a researcher who runs the Check The Evidence website, and has been a regular guest on Richard Hall's RichPlanet shows.

Next few speakers I didn't catch the names sorry, but lots of useful figures and statistics and the one young lady called Hayley gave a very rousing speech!

Then a speech from a Dr Mohammed Adil, a Pakistani born surgeon who has been working for the NHS for over thirty years since coming to England. He was struck off by the General Medical Council simply for speaking out and telling the truth about what was really going on.

Next up was Piers Corbyn, and I must admit it was a pleasure to hear him speak. Such a contrast to his sell-out brother!

Following this was some unknown guy called Gareth Icke 😆 I'm sure a lot of the crowd would have loved to hear your dad speak, but thanks @GarethIcke, that was a short but sweet yet powerful speech and I hope your dad is proud of you!

Next up, I didn't catch the name but a brief but emotive speech from someone described as the 'Rasta Pastor'. Got a great reaction when he mentioned about us all being 'electromagnetic beings'. 👍

And that pretty much wrapped things up I think, I left as another sing-song started, and went for another wander about.

Like I said at the start, I haven't been into the city centre for several months now, so went for a walk through the new Paradise development which looks to be mostly complete now, and onto Centenary Square which is finished now. Last time I came down this way here was last year when I went to the ICC, so it was still a building site and mostly closed off.

Walked down to by the new Metro tram terminus in front of the Library and sat next to this new water feature. It was nice to see some families and children splashing about in it, but otherwise the whole square just felt so desolate and souless. Apart from the Metro trams, that end of Broad Street is still closed off to traffic, so it was quiet. Eeriely quiet really. Quite unsettling. I really didn't want to sit there for too long.

It was about 4pm when I was walking back to my bus stop, walked along New Street and High Street, bit busier by this time. Great to see hardly anyone paying any attention to the direction markings that Birmingham city council have painted on the pavements. 🤣 Still lots of people walking about in the 'open air' wearing face coverings. I accept that people may choose to 'comply' and wear them when inside shops, but it is (not yet) mandatory to wear them outside. Maybe its "more convenient" to just keep them on...

So my final thoughts, there may not have been thousands present, but it was certainly fantastic to be amongst like-minded people, who can see this whole situation for what it is, a massive orchestrated hoax, that has nothing to do with public health or 'keeping people safe' but about promoting and pushing an agenda to remodel society and impose total centralised control over the populations of the world, a 'new world order' indeed.

There are other similar events that will be taking place elsewhere, including a big one in Trafalgar Square in London at the end of this month.

If anyone here knows of or is organising such events, please add them to the forum calendar here:

https://forum.davidicke.com/index.php?/calendar/

If there is an event local to you, please do what you can to attend and share details with others.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

Was so good to be with likeminded people and know I'm not alone.

My feelings exactly! I'm normally uncomfortable in crowds and can be quite shy and retiring amongst strangers, so I didn't go mingling and talking to people, but it was enough for me to just be among fellow like-minded free-thinkers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

My feelings exactly! I'm normally uncomfortable in crowds and can be quite shy and retiring amongst strangers, so I didn't go mingling and talking to people, but it was enough for me to just be among fellow like-minded free-thinkers.

Same with me. 

Another example of lazy 'journalism' from the Birmingham Mail, with a 'report' written by someone who clearly wasn't there and based on a short videoclip that someone sent her.

Watch huge crowd protest against wearing face masks in Birmingham city centre rally

Demonstrators gathered without masks to protest against wearing face coverings during the pandemic

0_freedomJPG.jpg

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/watch-huge-crowd-protest-against-18775178

This is the moment unmasked protesters congregated in the heart of the city for a 'freedom gathering' against masks and the coronavirus lockdown.

A large crowd gathered with placards in Victoria Square, Birmingham city centre on Saturday afternoon, August 15.

In the scenes above, they can be seen gathering around a speaker who stands next to a sign reading: 'Covid-19 is a smokescreen for a bigger agenda.'

First of all, this 'protest' wasn't just about 'wearing face coverings'!

Buses had to be diverted around the area as the protesters lined the streets at 1pm.

National Express said the 23, 24 , 25, 101 services were affected due to demonstrators blocking Colmore Row.

Fake news. The 'protestors' were all gathered in Victoria Square, a pedestrianised area. However there was some kind of group on very loud bikes with Union flags and some other flags though I couldn't see what they represented. They started doing a few laps of Colmore Row and Waterloo Street passing by Victoria Square. Although the crowd in Victoria Square were cheering them on, as I had no idea who this biker group were I couldn't work out if they were supporting or attempting to disrupt our demonstration. That group was the one presumably blocking Colmore Row.

The official Government advice says people should not be gathering in large crowds for events and should wear face masks to prevent the spread of Covid-19.

Well, the small handful of police officers at the end of Colmore Row didn't seem too bothered. No-one was 'cautioned', arrested or fined.

But the article ends rather predictibly:

The 'freedom' rally came as new figures for Birmingham showed a significant increase in coronavirus infection rate.

According to the latest infection rate figures for England, covering the seven days up to August 11, the city saw its Covid-19 infection rate increase from 13.8 to 28.1per 100,000 people after 321 new cases were recorded.

If this 'reporter' had actually bothered to attend this event and listen to some of the speakers, then they would know exactly why the number of 'cases' is supposedly rising.

• Like 1

^^^The Metro wasn't as bad but not great either. One point mentioned it was "mainly men" (is that to make it sound menacing) There were loads of women, some children and at least one dog! :-).  https://metro.co.uk/2020/08/15/anti-maskers-protest-birmingham-citys-infection-rate-doubles-week-13133397/

I tried to find the drone footage but haven't. Probably a police one then?

I was wondering about the bikers too. I passed them on the way to Victoria Square, they'd blocked one of the roads off with their bikes. Couldn't find any video or news about it either.

Edited by BlueSky

3 hours ago, BlueSky said:

I tried to find the drone footage but haven't. Probably a police one then?

Yes, it was a police drone, was confirmed in a different article:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/pictured-police-drone-spots-200-18777298

It was the second time that day they police had been flying a drone to monitor a large crowd.

Another one was used in Victoria Square where a group had gathered on Saturday afternoon to protest about the need to wear masks in a pandemic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlueSky said:

^^^The Metro wasn't as bad but not great either. One point mentioned it was "mainly men" (is that to make it sound menacing) There were loads of women, some children and at least one dog! :-).  https://metro.co.uk/2020/08/15/anti-maskers-protest-birmingham-citys-infection-rate-doubles-week-13133397/

I've just finished reading through that Metro article. We have no friends in the mainstream media. And those quoted comments!

But others took to social media to criticise the protest. One person tweeted: ‘Im so disappointed with my city today… went into Birmingham city centre to pick up some supplies (with my mask on) and there was an anti mask/anti vax protest going on there. Fairly decent attendance. They were performing ABBA songs. I ended up in a heated debate with em.’

Stunning and brave! Well done for wearing your mask, you virtuous individual!

Sean Madden wrote: ‘Unbelievable. 100 years ago, people recognised that the best way to stop the spread of a virus was #SocialDistancing, in conjunction with hygiene. How backward do you have to be to not accept this? It’s a temporary inconvenience. Deal with it.’

Really? How come 'social distancing' only became a 'thing' in 2020 and had never been heard of until that point? Is someone trying to rewrite history so that 'social distancing' is something we've always done?

"It's a temporary inconvenience" - well believe that and I suppose you'll believe anything. Perhaps this person has forgotten how the lockdown introduced in the UK in March was only supposed to be for 'three weeks'...

• Like 3