random anything.

Given To Fly

25 minutes ago, webtrekker said:

Nice catch there, @Fluke. 👍

This guy is another real piece of work! Here he is on youtube ...

[Jump to 4:00 for the start of the main topic]

2024-04-01_01-21-32.png.7a2d3ba5d7a986356d8dfa0c01d57ca7.png

Never thought I'd say this but this David icke fella is awful 😂 doesn't deserve the name.

• Haha 1

Random thought.

Why do people give money to charity for people who like swim the Atlantic, or hop skip and jump around the world.

Wouldn't it be easier just to give em the money?

14 hours ago, webtrekker said:

Nice catch there, @Fluke. 👍

This guy is another real piece of work! Here he is on youtube ...

[Jump to 4:00 for the start of the main topic]

2024-04-01_01-21-32.png.7a2d3ba5d7a986356d8dfa0c01d57ca7.png

So you can become like an Oyster card / credit card where you get triggered if you walk close to a terminal? lol

Been listening to Shaun Attwood prison fight stories. Quite riveting.

One disclosed an awesome tactic I never considered. When attacker goes for the head shot. Lower your head - they break their hand. 

2 hours ago, Mr H said:

One disclosed an awesome tactic I never considered. When attacker goes for the head shot. Lower your head - they break their hand. 

How do they break their hand, you mean if they hit the wall instead? 

I'm still wondering whether to take up Taekwondo for self-defence as well as general fitness but not sure if it's the best one to learn. 

3 hours ago, Mr H said:

😱

I used to do Wado Ryu and Shotokan karate and that move would have broken your head, not their hand!

1 hour ago, Campion said:

I'm still wondering whether to take up Taekwondo for self-defence as well as general fitness but not sure if it's the best one to learn. 

Age comes into it a bit. I'm 72 now and a session on the Wii Balance Board is more than enough for me! 🤣

Taekwondo would be too much for me now, but I could be interested in Aikido if I put my mind to it. The best form of defence though is a good pair of running shoes!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Campion said:

No head is hardest part of body.

Joe average will likely damage his hand very badly just hitting you anywhere in the face. On the top of your head likely to break all their knuckles. The hand is a really weak area and not a great striking weapon. Unless expertly trained like webtrekker

• Like 2

So today I'm going to start to write my own book of conduct.

Going to map out, review and consciously choose my beliefs, values and code of how I will conduct myself.

Never done this before. But woke up feeling it's important to have one written down somewhere.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Campion said:

Yeah I think it depends on age, and what's available near you.

Not much going on in the dales so limited to taekwondo.

Probably wouldn't be my first choice. If I had all options I would choose Olympic wrestling or Brazilian jujitsu. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

It's irritating! 😩

Mercury retrogate started yesterday and BAM a software problem.......which I managed to sort out but it let me know that Merc is retro.

Then bam another, not on my computer but something strange happened at a company's system.

So I'm listening to Ari's bloodline.....on loop. 😆

Edited by DaleP

Interesting LGBTQ+H experiement. (Yes, I added H for hetrosexual to be inclusive 😂 ) This experiment doesn't apply to women.

Wear a platform, highheel and walk down the high street and only smile at people.

No make-up, or shaving is necessary, just be yourself.

See the reaction of people. See how accepting they are.

On 4/3/2024 at 8:27 PM, DaleP said:

Interesting LGBTQ+H experiement. (Yes, I added H for hetrosexual to be inclusive 😂 ) This experiment doesn't apply to women.

Wear a platform, highheel and walk down the high street and only smile at people.

No make-up, or shaving is necessary, just be yourself.

See the reaction of people. See how accepting they are.

Good to know I stand for heterosexual!    🦾 grrrr...

On 3/23/2024 at 10:47 AM, Mr H said:

So I decided to take up golf...

Managed to find a FANTASTIC coach online.

Highly recommended

Decided now to take up yoga...

My my, I'm getting fit!

So many good fitness educational videos on the tube, I am.blessed!

• Haha 1

Herman the Cat was an expert mouser who served in the US Coast Guard in the 1940s and was even given his own identification card complete with pawprint.

image.png.6b9628ac7a6c05867d4c10cc29f396ca.png

The original New York Times article (Jan 15th 1943) can be seen here and his appointment was also captured on film.

I have tried suggesting that my mum's two Norwegian forest cats follow in Herman's footsteps but they cannot be persuaded away from their life of luxury...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

Herman the Cat was an expert mouser who served in the US Coast Guard in the 1940s and was even given his own identification card complete with pawprint.

image.png.6b9628ac7a6c05867d4c10cc29f396ca.png

The original New York Times article (Jan 15th 1943) can be seen here and his appointment was also captured on film.

I have tried suggesting that my mum's two Norwegian forest cats follow in Herman's footsteps but they cannot be persuaded away from their life of luxury...

It would be nice if the world could find more time for things like this nowadays. My Grandads regiment had a pet rabbit during world war 2 called supper. They never ate it apparently!

• Like 1