random anything.

Given To Fly

‘Red Alert’: China Posts Bizarre Video Of Marching Female Chinese Soldiers To Sounds Of Classic Video Game

The Chinese government has posted a bizarre video of female Chinese soldiers marching in various settings to its official account for its embassy in France — and featuring music that was made for a famous 1996 military strategy video game.

The video, captioned “Les femmes de l’armée chinoise” (“The women of the Chinese army”), was posted on Sunday and features a number of clips of female soldiers marching in different contexts.

However, the music featured over the top of the clips is well-known to real-time strategy gaming buffs who grew up in the 1990s.

This undated Chinese video shows soldiers marching. It was posted to a Chinese Twitter account on Sunday.

The music, peppered by the sound of boots and militaristic commands, is from the opening to the 1996 title “Command & Conquer: Red Alert.” That game, which is widely regarded as one of the best titles in its genre, is premised in an alternate timeline where Albert Einstein discovers time travel in a lab in New Mexico. As a result, in 1946 he transports back to pre-war Germany and removes future dictator Adolf Hitler from history altogether.

Einstein reappears in 1946 and is congratulated by his assistant for preventing World War II. Einstein warns that the celebration is premature.

“Time will tell,” he says. “Sooner or later, time will tell.”

The game then opens to scenes of war in the new timeline where Joseph Stalin’s Russia has become the dominant superpower due to lack of German militarization. The game itself places the player on either side of the new, alternative conflict between the Allied Forces (including Germany) and the Soviets.

Not a lot of "diversity" or "chubby challenged" in that lot .... although the girls in red at 42 seconds seem to have forgotten something??

Actually they all seem to be near enough the same height .... clones??? lol

Edited by lake
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Mr Crabtree said:

Me too, made me think of a Gilbert O'Sullivan song from years ago 'A CLONE, AGAIN, NATURALLY'!

GIL.jpg.aa391571f9fa0c6e7ae12cca0734e711.jpgGIL.jpg.aa391571f9fa0c6e7ae12cca0734e711.jpgGIL.jpg.aa391571f9fa0c6e7ae12cca0734e711.jpgGIL.jpg.aa391571f9fa0c6e7ae12cca0734e711.jpgGIL.jpg.aa391571f9fa0c6e7ae12cca0734e711.jpgGIL.jpg.aa391571f9fa0c6e7ae12cca0734e711.jpgGIL.jpg.aa391571f9fa0c6e7ae12cca0734e711.jpgGIL.jpg.aa391571f9fa0c6e7ae12cca0734e711.jpgGIL.jpg.aa391571f9fa0c6e7ae12cca0734e711.jpgGIL.jpg.aa391571f9fa0c6e7ae12cca0734e711.jpgGIL.jpg.aa391571f9fa0c6e7ae12cca0734e711.jpgGIL.jpg.aa391571f9fa0c6e7ae12cca0734e711.jpgGIL.jpg.aa391571f9fa0c6e7ae12cca0734e711.jpgGIL.jpg.aa391571f9fa0c6e7ae12cca0734e711.jpgGIL.jpg.aa391571f9fa0c6e7ae12cca0734e711.jpgGIL.jpg.aa391571f9fa0c6e7ae12cca0734e711.jpg

JUST LIKE PEAS IN A POD!

Actually, it could be CGI/AI generated. Something artificial about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lake said:

‘Red Alert’: China Posts Bizarre Video Of Marching Female Chinese Soldiers To Sounds Of Classic Video Game

The Chinese government has posted a bizarre video of female Chinese soldiers marching in various settings to its official account for its embassy in France — and featuring music that was made for a famous 1996 military strategy video game.

The video, captioned “Les femmes de l’armée chinoise” (“The women of the Chinese army”), was posted on Sunday and features a number of clips of female soldiers marching in different contexts.

However, the music featured over the top of the clips is well-known to real-time strategy gaming buffs who grew up in the 1990s.

This undated Chinese video shows soldiers marching. It was posted to a Chinese Twitter account on Sunday.

The music, peppered by the sound of boots and militaristic commands, is from the opening to the 1996 title “Command & Conquer: Red Alert.” That game, which is widely regarded as one of the best titles in its genre, is premised in an alternate timeline where Albert Einstein discovers time travel in a lab in New Mexico. As a result, in 1946 he transports back to pre-war Germany and removes future dictator Adolf Hitler from history altogether.

Einstein reappears in 1946 and is congratulated by his assistant for preventing World War II. Einstein warns that the celebration is premature.

“Time will tell,” he says. “Sooner or later, time will tell.”

The game then opens to scenes of war in the new timeline where Joseph Stalin’s Russia has become the dominant superpower due to lack of German militarization. The game itself places the player on either side of the new, alternative conflict between the Allied Forces (including Germany) and the Soviets.

Not a lot of "diversity" or "chubby challenged" in that lot .... although the girls in red at 42 seconds seem to have forgotten something??

Actually they all seem to be near enough the same height .... clones??? lol

A while ago I caught a bit of this. Regardless of Chinese intent etc, they are light years ahead on all choreography. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bombadil said:

A while ago I caught a bit of this. Regardless of Chinese intent etc, they are light years ahead on all choreography. 

Yes Bomb they are .... but I just wonder why that video was made and tweeted?

• It was posted by the Chinese embassy in France ... wtf?
  • It is exactly 1 minute long .... 60 seconds left?
  • It depicts exact 'lockstep' .... planned and organised.
  • The backing track is from a video game back in 1996 called “Command & Conquer: Red Alert.”
  • The track is called "Hell's March" .... there were 3 versions of Hell's March, this is the first.
  • The game portrays the changing of the past so that Germany is 'weak'.
  • The game begins with Russia at war with Europe/America
  • Russia being more advanced in weapons (I believe as I never played the game)
  • The UK is definitely bombed!
  • Russia just stated that Ukraine will not be allowed to exist .... that it will not exist!

Don't forget that Xi met with Putin recently and I think in the 'game' .... China joins in along with most of the world?

I have no idea but why would China post such a tweet?

war.jpg.853b11252067dcf3d33330892683d1c9.jpg

damned.png.6e51fc0a172603380475784c8521fe3e.png

Edited by lake

1 hour ago, Bombadil said:

Amazing performances here Bom 👍

I wish I'd gone to see 'The Shen Yun' dancers when they were on in Birmingham.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, lake said:

Yes Bomb they are .... but I just wonder why that video was made and tweeted?

• It was posted by the Chinese embassy in France ... wtf?
  • It is exactly 1 minute long .... 60 seconds left?
  • It depicts exact 'lockstep' .... planned and organised.
  • The backing track is from a video game back in 1996 called “Command & Conquer: Red Alert.”
  • The track is called "Hell's March" .... there were 3 versions of Hell's March, this is the first.
  • The game portrays the changing of the past so that Germany is 'weak'.
  • The game begins with Russia at war with Europe/America
  • Russia being more advanced in weapons (I believe as I never played the game)
  • The UK is definitely bombed!
  • Russia just stated that Ukraine will not be allowed to exist .... that it will not exist!

Don't forget that Xi met with Putin recently and I think in the 'game' .... China joins in along with most of the world?

I have no idea but why would China post such a tweet?

war.jpg.853b11252067dcf3d33330892683d1c9.jpg

damned.png.6e51fc0a172603380475784c8521fe3e.png

totally agree. I was refering to the video I posted in response.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2023 at 11:36 AM, bunnyboiler said:

Hey Itsa .... you good?

Something for the mods.

@Bombadil @screamingeagle @Anti Facts Sir

I mean you could have no donkey .... but then you would be slagged off for not trying.

Or you could have 2 donkeys .... but then you would be slagged off for being selfish and having too much!

On 6/21/2023 at 8:08 PM, Bombadil said:

What?

I remember Itsa, that's a real name as she once explained I think?? that also was maybe used as an account name was it?
anyhow certainly I have seen the word Itsa here before.

Sorry if I'm not supposed to as it were expose the full answer to this query, when talking to mention other members....but if they are another screenname now, cool. whatever suits them (her I think).

Edited by Certified Green of Heart

On 6/16/2023 at 6:43 PM, alexa said:

I wish I'd gone to see 'The Shen Yun' dancers when they were on in Birmingham.

I saw this advertized on YT. I think the advert looked fantastic!... (haven't viewed above vid YET)....

If it's okay to ask.....What gets you to miss something usually Alexa?  Just to ponder could it stand any chance of being social anxiety part responsible or else a whole list of things in combination which prevented you from going?..  To guess the obvious it may have been forgetfulness or a busy life which induces that failure to live a more spiced up life or having no-one at the time to go with!? (certainly true of me in general)...
So anyway don't answer if you don't want or can't explain.....but myself being quite a lot 'allergic' to people in general, I therefore have a bit of social anxiety when considering ever being in a crowd especially. Even in a nice theatre.. Although you would suppose in a beautiful setting, everybody's eyes would be on the performance, and therefore not such a social discomfort as one might imagine, as long as seats are reasonably well spaced. I like my personal space!

Worries of somesort that counter spreading my wings can by some measure prevent me from going out to any major event.  anyway will watch the vid in a bit or at weekend as the easy online way...

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Certified Green of Heart said:

What gets you to miss something usually Alexa?  Just to ponder could it stand any chance of being social anxiety part responsible or else a whole list of things in combination which prevented you from going?..

What stopped me going was due to my hubby who had suffered a mild stroke, it wasn't social anxiety which is why I am very sorry to hear that you suffer from this, it must be awful.

The best thing you could do is to get out out there & face your fears head on & stop worrying what people think of you. My prayers are with you.

Take care for now, speak later.

Alexa.

🙏

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reporting a good deed I saw today.

In the distance of my eye I saw a crippled man up ahead. Coming towards was a young man. He clocked the cripple accelerated speed towards him, looked him in the eye, smiled and gave him some cash and floated off. For context I'm in Peru and these folks can often struggle financially.

• Thanks 3

On 7/16/2023 at 8:05 AM, Moonlight said:

the situation in Germany´s outdoor pools...none of this reportages mentions the - let me say- ethnical backgrounds of these attackers -
and the comment section is closed

Do the -e-t-h-n-i-c-s?? so to say (actual or assimulated) not have swimming pools where they come from?....that may effect matters or else what is going on? WHO STARTED IT ? 😁 I would simply say TOO MANY PEOPLE sharing the same space, OBVIOUSLY. 🙃 just looking at the pictures 🤪
Maybe coming over troubled water (if some are/were immigrants, some of those involved in the scuffle?) maybe in such surroundings, it was evocative to them in a bizarre way, then with territorial elements of ethnic division and expected behaviour on either side, it fast became wasser SPAREN sts ?? (water spa FIGHT?? und fight for life??), but still troubled in the sea of tribulation, because of of racial &/or polizei tension and not wanting to share a (GENE) pool for that reason ?? 🤔

Really I don't know what I'm talking about as I don't speak Deutscher.... I tried quite a bit for years in sporadic and in overly clinical way, (colloquial nuances and imperative structure can be a hard balance to master right?.... but never can you learn colloquial from machine learning as clinical as google translate I would say) 😨
to kennen zu lernen it, but I'm afraid I did not reach Masters degree or any recordable level of achievement so to make decent.

Do you read and speak german Moonlight? I guess so?

Btw, are we sure the attacker(s) was/were white (if we even know HOW we can be sure??), are the persons responsible right to act as they did or is the violence just mindless??,,, were they german homeland born and raised by that same country,,, OR originally from ethnic origin OR BOTH parties and both parties to blame?... and so anyhow what is knowable about that?.... Equally possible just maybe it was just some foreign big white guy throwing punches??  Can't know how the white guy might be foreign, that's just a guess..... Anyway that's all I got from video in an exercize using just eye-observation mostly, so anyway then he ran off this big tall white guy, surprised he didn't slip in such a fast flight from the scene!

Edited by Certified Green of Heart
  • Like 1