random anything.

Given To Fly

30 minutes ago, Bombadil said:

I watched the new ones that came ut in the last couple of years. They were not that great in my opinion.

Sorry. I didn't realise there was a reboot on the way. Just checked it out and it seems like it might be a woke fest. One article suggested more LGBTQ inclusion plus black actors. I couldn't care less what colour or sexuality the actors are. Im interested in great scripts.

Yeah same I won't bother either. 

To be fair the originals were a bisexual fever dream with a young David duchovony and Gillian Anderson. I found the sexual chemistry between the two quite fascinating. 

But like you I won't touch it with a barge pole.

• Thanks 1

I'm thinking of getting a.....smartphone 😱

The thing is I need a new camera, my old one that has lasted like 20 years.... is unusable because of battery not keeping charge.

There is a phone for £66....... If I were to buy a camera, it costs like £100 from Argos 😱😱

But this one has fingerprint thing and infrared facial recognition. 😔

I am intending to stick something over the camera on one side though.....

What do you think?

15 minutes ago, DaleP said:

The thing is I need a new camera, my old one that has lasted like 20 years.... is unusable because of battery not keeping charge.

There is a phone for £66....... If I were to buy a camera, it costs like £100 from Argos 😱😱

What do you think?

I put a homemade lenscap on my phone (a bit of paper folded over, like on my laptop & tablet!), and don't use any automatic recognition, or bluetooth etc. I switch off the gps location.  I assume they're buggable although I don't know how to turn off the mike when I'm not on a call. 

2 minutes ago, Campion said:

I put a homemade lenscap on my phone (a bit of paper folded over, like on my laptop & tablet!), and don't use any automatic recognition, or bluetooth etc. I switch off the gps location.  I assume they're buggable although I don't know how to turn off the mike when I'm not on a call. 

Thanks. Yes, my laptop has a plaster on it, like Zuckerberg, to the point that I forgot I had a webcam duh!

Hopefully I am not going to use it regularly as I can't stand the small screen but keep it as reserve like....because my 2G phone is getting on as well but still working.

My main use would be to take photo though.

• Like 1

I'm having a bit of a senior moment today.

Got this mp4 player and loaded all the downloaded tube mp4 video on it. Really pleased with it. Now I can listen to music/lectures in bed without having to switch on the computer, Good resolution as well. Had a bit of struggle trying to figure out date/time setting and already got some neckache. :classic_rolleyes: I reckon, todlers in pushchair probably knows more about these devices than me. It's really bad posture to be looking down as most people do nowadays. I am aware of that so try not to do that too much.

One day, I might come on here and say.... I've finally had a chip......nah just joking. I'll draw a line at that. But it took me this long to get a device that is swipable. I know people had smartphone back in 2008 or there about....so I resisted for 15 years. lol

There will be an eclipse on 5th May, a day before the King's coronation.

I don't know if it's a good timing since Mercury will be retrograde and Lunar eclipse time (14° Sco 52′) is not an idea time to do anything important....too volatile.

Anyway, I hope whatever you loses, you gain! I have already benefitted from it and so happy! 🤩

On 4/13/2023 at 6:38 PM, DaleP said:

What do you think?

I'm the same, my camera is so old it's got an outside toilet, so last week I got a Samsung A13 because it seems to have a decent camera for taking fishing pics, I've turned off the govt alert signals already, I'm not remotely in their major scaremongering tactics!👍

• Like 1

On 9/11/2021 at 6:50 PM, EnigmaticWorld said:

I have NO DOUBT that this is extremely common in America.  I live here and can tell you that whites are definitely in the minority now.  I am white (blonde and blue) and get dirty looks all the time.  I have also been passed over for jobs and promotions when they promote a black person (with half the experience and crappy work ethic to boot) instead.  My professional life has literally come to a grinding halt.  I grew up in the 70's and 80's and there was not the tension then that there is now.  I feel hated.  AND I WILL NEVER end up in one of these so-called nursing homes in the care of these "people".  I'll figure out a way to die first if I have to do it myself!!  I can't stand having this anger and negativity in my heart, but it's become impossible not to.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sunshine9 said:

I have NO DOUBT that this is extremely common in America.  I live here and can tell you that whites are definitely in the minority now.  I am white (blonde and blue) and get dirty looks all the time.  I have also been passed over for jobs and promotions when they promote a black person (with half the experience and crappy work ethic to boot) instead.  My professional life has literally come to a grinding halt.  I grew up in the 70's and 80's and there was not the tension then that there is now.  I feel hated.  AND I WILL NEVER end up in one of these so-called nursing homes in the care of these "people".  I'll figure out a way to die first if I have to do it myself!!  I can't stand having this anger and negativity in my heart, but it's become impossible not to.

It's a western problem too, unfortunately. Other cultures tend to look after their elderly themselves more, instead of putting them in a home. I'm not judgng because people have different circumstances, but it seems to be the case.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

It's a western problem too, unfortunately. Other cultures tend to look after their elderly themselves more, instead of putting them in a home. I'm not judgng because people have different circumstances, but it seems to be the case.

That makes sense.  Nursing homes are extremely prevalent here, and they keep building more.  Everyone in a household having to work so much just to afford to live, leaves no time to be any type of caregiver.  One of them near where I live is run by a hotel company.  They charge an arm and a leg too.  Those poor people who are being abused in these places - what kind of life is that?  It's not a life.  Throwing them into a bed and letting them lay there.  That's not living.  There's a lady across the street from me who's in her 90's and lives on her own.  She goes to work out every week.  I want to stay like that until my dying day!

• Like 2

On 4/13/2023 at 6:59 PM, Campion said:

You know what....I've decided to buy it after Mercury turns direct in May.

I wanted this app and it's worth buying a 'smart' phone for it.

• Like 1