random anything.

Given To Fly

Who Built The Moon

https://archive.org/details/who-built-the-moon_-knight-christopher/page/n255/mode/2up

Who Built The Moon by Cristopher Knight and Alan Butler - in this book authors speculate on the origins of the moon. They point out improbabilities of current descriptions of how the moon came to be. The authors are also pointing out to ancient sites like Stonehenge and how those sites might have been a tool for measurments which used Moon (and other celestial bodies) as a reference points. 

I was looking for information on an artefact called 'Isturitz Baton' which measures lunar cycles when I randomly found this site:

https://donsmaps.com/index.html

Looks pretty good if you like that sort of thing lol.

From the article 'Babylon and the Ishtar gate'

ldpd_10797913_000_0085surrush2gsm.jpg

The mušḫuššu (formerly erroneously also read as sirrušu or sirrush) or mushkhushshu, is a creature from ancient Mesopotamian mythology. As indicated by the Babylonian name it is a 'walking serpent'. A striking feature is the scaly coat and the great tail of a serpent's body. The head with the forked tongue is purely that of a serpent, and is in fact that of the horned viper, so common in Arabia, which bears the two erect horns, of which, as in the case of the bulls, only one is visible in the purely profile attitude.

Behind lie two spiral combs similar to those so generously bestowed on the heads of the frequently represented Chinese dragon. The tail ends in a small curved sting. The legs are those of some high-stepping feline animal, probably a cheetah. The hinder feet are those of a strong raptorial bird with powerful claws and great horny scales. But the tarsal joint is not that of a bird but of a quadruped, and the metatarsals are not anchylosed (grown together into one), or only very slightly at the distal end. It is remarkable that, in spite of the scales, the animal possesses hair. Three corkscrew ringlets fall over the head near the ears, and on the neck, where a lizard's comb would be, is a long row of curls. 

• Like 1

Spring forward...

1Piece-Lovely-Cute-Cat-Vinyl-Record-Wall

It's that time of year, again. Daylight savings day. "Spring forward, fall back", as they say.  I am not a fan of daylight savings time. That said, moving time forward seems to be easier for me to adjust to, as apposed to the reverse.

Just a random comment really. Anyone trying to eat more raw foods. Please please please take my experience and do not eat raw cauliflower! I haven't had bowel movements like this in quite some time!

Guest Gone Fishing...
8 minutes ago, Mr H said:

Just a random comment really. Anyone trying to eat more raw foods. Please please please take my experience and do not eat raw cauliflower! I haven't had bowel movements like this in quite some time!

Are we talking physical discomfort or the need for a WW3 bio-weapon grade gas mask ?

5 minutes ago, Basket Case said:

Are we talking physical discomfort or the need for a WW3 bio-weapon grade gas mask ?

We're talking lots of physical discomfort and trumpets firing on all horns!!!!

No bio labs or weapons of mass destruction....

On 3/16/2022 at 8:18 PM, Mr H said:

It could be that your cauli was picked by someone who didn't wash hands after No.2?

Try eating again to see if it happens then you'll know.

Does it happen with broccoli by any chance? They are more or less the same thing except its colour.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DaleP said:

It could be that your cauli was picked by someone who didn't wash hands after No.2?

Try eating again to see if it happens then you'll know.

Does it happen with broccoli by any chance? They are more or less the same thing except its colour.

I wonder what would happen with the purple one! :-o

purple-brocoli.jpg

• Haha 1