Care Home Murders

Phil2020

Gareth posted a video today of a care home worker reporting awful end of life policies being implamented in care homes. Where was this sourced from? I've conducted some limited reasearch and can not find anything to corroborate this story? 

My mother was placed on end of life care for pneumonia in March. She had gone into hospital from a care home and was returned to the care home with a diagnosis of pneumonia. She died from pneumonia that same month. The strange thing is, the doctor did not put pneumonia on the death certificate. He put - frailty of old age. Strange when I know it was pneumonia and that it likely could have been controlled with an antibiotic....if my darling sister hadn't agreed with the hospital my mom was sent to, to put her on end of life care.  I questioned the doctor and the care home as my mom was sent from the hospital back to the care home to die. I was told that if it was pneumonia it needs to be assumed to be Covid 19. As I had flown half way around the world to be with her by then, they clearly couldn't put Covid 19 on the death certificate, with me being constantly by her side once Id arrived. They deliberately left pneumonia off of the death certificate because they would have been obligated to put Covid 19. When I went to register the death,  the registrar asked me if the details on the death certificate were correct. I told her that No they weren't. I explained the situation and she said that if I didnt agree then it would hold up my mothers funeral for months, as they couldnt issue the green form for a burial or cremation to take place if I wasn't in agreement with the doctor....as I was the only person who was present at the death. The care home just left my mother without anything....no air, no antibiotics, no water no nothing. She was murdered with the cooperation of my sister who agreed as I was out of the country when she went into hospital. I flew in within 24 hours of her release from hospital...and by then she was back in the care home, dying. 

Edited by Beaujangles
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Beaujangles said:

My mother was placed on end of life care for pneumonia in March. She had gone into hospital from a care home and was returned to the care home with a diagnosis of pneumonia. She died from pneumonia that same month. The strange thing is, the doctor did not put pneumonia on the death certificate. He put - frailty of old age. Strange when I know it was pneumonia and that it likely could have been controlled with an antibiotic....if my darling sister hadn't agreed with the hospital my mom was sent to, to put her on end of life care.  I questioned the doctor and the care home as my mom was sent from the hospital back to the care home to die. I was told that if it was pneumonia it needs to be assumed to be Covid 19. As I had flown half way around the world to be with her by then, they clearly couldn't put Covid 19 on the death certificate, with me being constantly by her side once Id arrived. They deliberately left pneumonia off of the death certificate because they would have been obligated to put Covid 19. When I went to register the death,  the registrar asked me if the details on the death certificate were correct. I told her that No they weren't. I explained the situation and she said that if I didnt agree then it would hold up my mothers funeral for months, as they couldnt issue the green form for a burial or cremation to take place if I wasn't in agreement with the doctor....as I was the only person who was present at the death. The care home just left my mother without anything....no air, no antibiotics, no water no nothing. She was murdered with the cooperation of my sister who agreed as I was out of the country when she went into hospital. I flew in within 24 hours of her release from hospital...and by then she was back in the care home, dying. 

So sorry to read this. My mother was slowly killed by the state. There is some law about administering iv antibiotics in a care home setting which would explain the bastard doctors incorrect filling out of the death certificate and as you rightly say not putting covid as you were with her.

I know its difficult but I hope you find some kind of peace and resolution with your sister, she probably thought she was doing the right thing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Itsa said:

So sorry to read this. My mother was slowly killed by the state. There is some law about administering iv antibiotics in a care home setting which would explain the bastard doctors incorrect filling out of the death certificate and as you rightly say not putting covid as you were with her.

I know its difficult but I hope you find some kind of peace and resolution with your sister, she probably thought she was doing the right thing.

Thank you for your response... I do blame the state and the system. My mom was already in the hospital at first where she could have been given IV antibiotics very easily.  From there she was denied the correct care and sent back to the care home.  As for my sister I have no emotion in that regard, she has always been a certain way and always will be. Note... she didnt come to see mom once, after she helped put her on the path to death. Sometimes people like that need no backward glance.

Im sorry you had such a negative experience with your moms care too.... its a disgusting system.

Edited by Beaujangles

1 hour ago, Beaujangles said:

Thank you for your response... I do blame the state and the system. My mom was already in the hospital at first where she could have been given IV antibiotics very easily.  From there she was denied the correct care and sent back to the care home.  As for my sister I have no emotion in that regard, she has always been a certain way and always will be. Note... she didnt come to see mom once, after she helped put her on the path to death. Sometimes people like that need no backward glance.

Im sorry you had such a negative experience with your moms care too.... its a disgusting system.

I hear you, it's difficult with family.

I had a similar experience when my father was dying. End stage liver cancer, heart failure, diabetic and kidneys failing he picked up an infection and the decision was made by another family member not to transfer him to the hospital to have antibiotics.

The doctor called me and my sister to give the news he didn't have long left and he was in a virtual coma. Something that will stay with me for the rest of my life was the look on that doctors face when he came in the room a few days later to see that mean old son of a bitch drinking a coffee and stuffing cake into his mouth 😂

He was never the same after that though really and didn't last long. Last time I saw him alive he told me his friend who had died just under a year earlier had told him to tell me he'd brought him a ladder to help him get out.

And that was that.