Lebanon Explosion 04/08/2020

The Capital of Lebanon, Beirut, experienced a large explosion (or two) today.

Some sources are saying that the blast occurred at a port that contained fireworks. There aren't very many specific details being put out right now. Videos of the explosion are scattered across the media, links below:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/08/04/multiple-explosions-seen-beirut-13083377/

Given the nature of this incident, there is much room for speculation. Thoughts?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can you imagine if this happened within the Western world? They would be playing this 24/7 ad nauseam. Couple of things to note... It's been surprisingly low key within Western media. It h

Eyewitnesses said they heard a noise like a jet and then what felt like an earthquake, followed by a massive exothermic blast, decimating the port of Beirut and causing destruction several miles away.

Exactly, please refer to my comment above.   They could have used this story to overshadow current events if they had nothing to hide and it was of no consequence. They should have show

Posted Images

https://news.sky.com/story/lebanon-large-explosion-heard-in-capital-beirut-12042456

Huge explosion around a port in Lebanon. One picture doing the rounds looks almost like a mini nuclear cloud. Seven storey building exploded.

Ten reported dead so far. 

Even if it blew up by accident, to have that much explosive material in one building etc. 

A new weapon testing? Missile strike? Not that many details but I think it should have a thread in case things get really weird.

Posted (edited)

A few points:

Historically, there has always been some sort of conflict in the Middle East.

A few of the videos of the blast have been edited and broadcasted by the news to contain just the mushroom cloud, not the initial smoke cloud.

It may be obvious to some, but why is the smoke red? Is it Rayleigh Scattering? Chemical composition?

Was this an internal attack? Accident? Or is there something bigger at play?

And can the Media be trusted to report the incident honestly, without propaganda and/or twisting a narritive?

Stg this better not initiate WWIII

Edited by Deus_Videt
Added question, didnt want to make another post
  • Like 1

Apparently there were two explosions? I can only find footage of the huge second one, which I guess loads of people would be filming after the first. There is one with an almost 9/11 money shot zoom in just before it goes bang though.

• Like 1

Another thing: Would bodies even be found near the blast cite? I'm no expert but this doesn't look like a standard firework explosion- those are typically pretty distinctive. Also doesn't look like a chemical explosion like the ones from China and Texas for example.

Perhaps a Micro-Nuke? 

Too many questions, not enough answers per usual.

• Like 1

Eyewitnesses said they heard a noise like a jet and then what felt like an earthquake, followed by a massive exothermic blast, decimating the port of Beirut and causing destruction several miles away.

The news speculated that it was an industrial accident or explosion at a fireworks warehouse.

No firecrackers went off.

This is what an explosion of fireworks looks like.

The huge explosion has killed at least 10 people and injured many more, it sent shockwaves across the Lebanese capital, shattering glass in people’s homes and causing apartment balconies to collapse.

It comes after a series of 'mysterious' explosions in Iran, from a shipyard fire, to a gas line explosion and the blast that destroyed the whole nuclear facility in Natanz.

“Whoever was behind that demonstrated, I think, the highest capability, nothing less than exquisite, of intelligence collection.”

Experts estimate the damage at the facility sets back Iran’s nuclear program by as much as two years.

An unknown group calling themselves the “Homeland Cheetahs” claimed responsibility but might not be the only actor involved. 

The New York Times quoted an anonymous Middle Eastern intelligence source that said Israel was behind the blast.

Experts suspect the Natanz attack could be part of a bigger US-Israel plan.

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/israel/2020/july/israeli-expert-mysterious-explosion-at-irans-nuclear-facility-a-result-of-pre-planned-sabotage

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Velma said:

Eyewitnesses said they heard a noise like a jet 

enough said maybe... hypersonic missile ? looked like a nuke anyway...

• Like 1

Bomb disposal expert, Chris Hunter said he has never seen an explosion of this magnitute in any war zone.

It appeared 'nuclear' and the shockwave was felt as far away as Cyprus.

The dead toll currently stands at thirty, with over three thousand injured.

"Highly explosive material but not explosives" 

People still trapped in homes by the blast. 2,700 injured and now 50 dead. Foreign Secretary offering help.

That's Sky ticker.

I'd forgot about the Iranian bombings earlier. 

Over 70 confirmed dead now but its going to be into the 100's at least. not fireworks but ammonium-nitrate apparently and 22000 tone of the stuff has just been mentioned. I remember what about a tonne of the stuff did to Manchester city center back in the 90's. All that said this smells bad to me.   

10 minutes ago, Itsjaybigjay said:

Over 70 confirmed dead now but its going to be into the 100's at least. not fireworks but ammonium-nitrate apparently and 22000 tone of the stuff has just been mentioned. I remember what about a tonne of the stuff did to Manchester city center back in the 90's. All that said this smells bad to me.   

They claimed the Oklahoma City bomb at the Murrah building in 1995 was fertiliser too, but Phil Schneider said it was a micro nuke.

74221-120-93CB883E.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
10 minutes ago, bamboozooka said:

weren't the core pillars of the wtc micro nuked

Im not sure but remember the pyroclastic flow type clouds & steel beams shooting out vertically puncturing nearby buildings.

Saying that, there was no shockwave at the wtc collapse demolition.

Edited by oddsnsods