Gamers?

Chef

i treated myself to a gaming laptop capable of playing modern games and i started looking at emulators for old systems.

i found retroarch and after looking at a few tutorials i've got it running nes, snes, n64, gamecube, megadrive, saturn and ps1 games

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got into my first NFT game. It's not fully developed yet. But you breed virtual cannabis. It is planned to be a play to earn game, so you get paid for your breeds and stuff. Called monsterbuds....

I think my first game was Mario All-Stars back on the SNES, then Warcraft II. Not gaming much at the moment. Over the years I've become more and more 'specialized' in what I want, which is adventure/RPG games. Preferably in a pre-modern setting so historical realism (like Kingdom Come Deliverance) or fantasy (Witcher etc.) are my genres. Not much excitement in recent times/years.

Edited by Firebird
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Firebird said:

I think my first game was Mario All-Stars back on the SNES, then Warcraft II. Not gaming much at the moment. Over the years I've become more and more 'specialized' in what I want, which is adventure/RPG games. Preferably in a pre-modern setting so historical realism (like Kingdom Come Deliverance) or fantasy (Witcher etc.) are my genres. Not much excitement in recent times/years.

My main genre is still tactical FPS games with a strong focus on teamwork, but the older I get, I find myself playing more RPGs because FPS games often need you to invest quite a bit of time if you want to be able to compete.

Good to see another based Kingdom Come Deliverance enjoyer! The optimization could have been better. I have a pretty decent PC and it still has its issues. Good game though. I love the scenery and the history.

I wish there was more medieval RPGs with less magic to be honest. I'm not totally against casting spells and stuff, but I tend to gravitate towards normal combat.

2 hours ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

Good to see another based Kingdom Come Deliverance enjoyer! The optimization could have been better. I have a pretty decent PC and it still has its issues. Good game though. I love the scenery and the history.

I wish there was more medieval RPGs with less magic to be honest. I'm not totally against casting spells and stuff, but I tend to gravitate towards normal combat.

Yes, great game. A few issues here and there but a blast of an experience. I enjoyed the simpleness of it, no grand world-destroying stuff. I liked all the simple stuff like doing routines in the monastery, lol. I thought it was very immersive.

Yeah, too much magic can hurt a fantasy setting and reduce immersion. Makes armour and melee weapons irrelevant so logically a high-magic setting would make warriors an endangered species. Destructive magic especially should be exceptional and rare. I like playing a warrior and use a bit of magic, like how I played Witcher3.

Edited by Firebird

• 4 weeks later...