Hey Messenger! what milk is best for tea apart from cow titmilk?

Hey Messenger, not wanting to sound like a kiss- arse - but you're the person in the know with regards to food and natural stuff (as far as I'm concerned) on here that has some seriously expansive knowledge about it all .

I don't drink milk - apart from in a normal cup of tea, as everything else I've tried doesn't taste as good as milk in tea.

I've tried to be subjective about it, telling myself it's because I'm 'just used to milk in tea' , but the most honest reason is; everyhting else I've tried tastes shitty - maybe with the exeption of unsweetened soya, I found Hemp Milk too watery and nothing tasting.

Tried loads of others, would like to get off milk completely.  Any recommendations with regarsd to milk.  (apart from stop being a lazy twat and do my own research)  cheers.

After trying almond and coconut milk I find they just dont blend with the tea enough. Soy milk has been the best of the rest so far for me however its the packaging that puts me off more than anything.

I should make some oat milk I have plenty of oats and see how that goes.

Any sugestions on naturally caffeine free teas? 

14 hours ago, AndyJ said:

If you're open to an answer from others Rude Health organic coconut milk is worth a try. ☺️ Also free of other stuff like gluten and soy. In the UK you can usually get it in Sainsbury's or Health Shops.

Yeah thanks Andy, love coconut anything - but not tried in tea yet,

7 hours ago, chocomel said:

May be you should try Rude Health oat Barista version....Waitrose sell them.

Thanks Choco will look for that on my next unmasked trip to the supermarket.

14 hours ago, rideforever said:

We're using Oat Milk here, Oatly brand, mostly get the grey carton - there are several different ones.

Soy ... has questions hanging over it.

Coconut milk is nice but you can have enough.

Yeah - the mrs likes oat milk, I'm not quite so keen, but a good neutral tasting alternative cheers Ride.

8 hours ago, Chef said:

After trying almond and coconut milk I find they just dont blend with the tea enough. Soy milk has been the best of the rest so far for me however its the packaging that puts me off more than anything.

Don't know much about the caffeine free stuff mate - sure someone here will pipe up about that if they see this thread.

Thanks people!!  I know 'what milk to put in tea is hardly a pressing matter' with all the shit going on, but maybe a nice little temporary diversion.

out of likes people - but consider yourselves well and truly 'liked'.  Nice one.

On 7/30/2020 at 1:00 AM, Chef said:

@Chef  do report back on making your own oat milk.  Mine wasn't successful despite adding cashews for flavour, perhaps it needed less water and/or gentle straining through the nut bag.