Jump to content
greenheart

Rining in the ears

Recommended Posts

I don't know when this began and it's not serious at all, but I've just noticed that I seem to have a more or less constant, fine, high-pitched ringing in my ears which I notice most when sitting or lying quietly. For many years I've been careful to avoid loud noises (e.g. hoovering) and I wear earplugs every night. Is this tinnitus, and can it be reduced? It is gradually becoming more irritating. I have an unfounded suspicion that it's because I spend too long on computers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does sound like tinnitus. I've had it for about four years. At first it drove me nuts and caused insomnia. I've been to the doctors about it a couple of times and they just metaphorically shrugged their shoulders. There's no treatment they can offer. I reckon my hearing got damaged after being around a lot of very loud sound systems during the rave scene. The way I deal with it is to ignore it, I don't speak about it and don't think about it. I have tried a few things:

 

Notch therapy: https://tinnitusnotch.com/

 

Qigong exercise Beating The Heavenly Drum: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJm_Z47r9I4

 

Something I'm trying now as I saw an advert about it, Flare's Calmer earplugs: https://flareaudio.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/43000583034-will-calmer-help-with-tinnitus-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Try to go outside when it is dead quiet. Is the ringing still there? If the noise follows you around then it could be tinnitus.

However, if you only hear it indoors, it's probably radiation such as wifi from neighbours or even ultrasonic waves etc.

I've been suffering from this for the past 2.5 years and cannot sleep because of it. Not tinnitus. They used to turn it off once a month to give me respite but no longer.

You might have to accept whether it's tinnitus or you are a TI.

 

Edited by chocomel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have similar hearing troubles. You'd think it'd be a blessing to not be able to hear whatever bullshit Boris or Trump says!

It's still possible to sleep. Just try and concentrate on the white noise in the ear that's the least affected.

Went over to my GP to try and get registered as deaf or hard of hearing. As per usual, fobbed off with some crap about cleaning my ears. How are those receptionists still employed? And of course they can't do much "because of covid etc".

But the ear where the hearing seems less worse. Just focus on that when trying to get to sleep. That might work to get you rest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/28/2020 at 4:35 PM, greenheart said:

I don't know when this began and it's not serious at all, but I've just noticed that I seem to have a more or less constant, fine, high-pitched ringing in my ears which I notice most when sitting or lying quietly. For many years I've been careful to avoid loud noises (e.g. hoovering) and I wear earplugs every night. Is this tinnitus, and can it be reduced? It is gradually becoming more irritating. I have an unfounded suspicion that it's because I spend too long on computers.

 

It is important you first see your doctor to check if its an ear infection, a build up of wax, high blood pressure etc. which could be causing the Tinnitus.  Also certain medications can cause it.   Can you sleep without ear plugs and what is the effect?  You mention about an unfounded suspicion spending too long on computers.  Are the computers quiet or is there an noisy fan etc.?  I presume the computer is in an environment with normal ambient noise levels?  Do you find it stressful when on the computer, which can irritate Tinnitus.  Do you find the Tinnitus reduces or stops when away from the computer for any period of time?    

 

There is a way to train your hearing to cancel out/reduce the Tinnitus.  When you go to sleep have an analogue radio on the bed side table and tune it in between 2 stations (tuned out), so you hear the radio static/white noise and turn the volume down to where it is just below the level of your Tinnitus.  I have found the brain/hearing tunes out the Tinnitus.  Try it for a week and see if you get an improvement.

 

Edited by Orange Alert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks but I'm not going anywhere near a doctor! I'll have to monitor it and see what it correlates with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a similar thing when I’m ill. Have chest problems and when they flare up I get a noise in my ear. This is when I try to lie down. The sound is strange. Seems like a muffled pneumatic drill or the thing they use to dig up the roads.

also on occasion I have a low frequency hum that I hear. Read somewhere that this affects a lot of people and could be natural sounds coming from the earth. Will try and find out now what I read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s known as the Hum by some people and apparently  about 4% of people can hear it. Some claim it could be noise pollution while others allege it is imaginary. Doesn’t seem to have been a lot of research of any kind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive been getting a ringing in the ears also but it is not constant. It feels like a frequency change. I get it maybe once of twice a day i feel like an adjustment in energy is happening. It could be my own brain doing it or it could be from around me. I am an empath so i dont know if it is an adjustment in the general toxic soup we are living in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally get you on this one. I’ve researched quite a lot but most info seems sketchy or wild guess at best. I have tried to identify all background white noise in my house, fridge etc. None of this fits. Maybe it’s a combination of all. I also question if it’s my body/ brain doing this but don’t know how I could establish this to any reasonable level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its worth looking into ear candling, Ive been doing it for my family and it has helped one of them who had tinnitus. Also fascinating to see whats in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, greenheart said:

Thanks but I'm not going anywhere near a doctor! I'll have to monitor it and see what it correlates with.

 

If you feel that you don't want to go near a doctor, that is your rightful decision.

 

However, it would only require for a doctor to look inside your ears with an otoscope to see if there was something like impacted wax, which could be as you are a regular user of ear plugs. It is a standard, low tech, 10 second inspection.  And is the standard thing on the tinnitus checklist. 

 

With some people, caffine, alcohol can increase tinnitus, if you are stressed out or not getting enough sleep are all things to consider or to discount.  It is all of a case of monitoring, as you say.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Orange Alert said:

 

If you feel that you don't want to go near a doctor, that is your rightful decision.

 

However, it would only require for a doctor to look inside your ears with an otoscope to see if there was something like impacted wax, which could be as you are a regular user of ear plugs. It is a standard, low tech, 10 second inspection.  And is the standard thing on the tinnitus checklist. 

 

With some people, caffine, alcohol can increase tinnitus, if you are stressed out or not getting enough sleep are all things to consider or to discount.  It is all of a case of monitoring, as you say.

 

 

 

i would totally agree with all that, and may i add if you can get hold of an EMF meter turn off all power around you and anything electrical phones etc test the area for frequencies are you still hearing it now if so test area if its EMF it will show up. i know that by me there turning frequencies up down and off, because i actually hear it as does my baby daughter

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, karmaxxxx said:

i would totally agree with all that, and may i add if you can get hold of an EMF meter turn off all power around you and anything electrical phones etc test the area for frequencies are you still hearing it now if so test area if its EMF it will show up. i know that by me there turning frequencies up down and off, because i actually hear it as does my baby daughter

 

I think that is a very valid avenue of investigation and even if EMF is eliminated as the cause, nothing else is to go into the direction of reducing as much as possible EMF radiation at home.   I am very much a fan of not having wi-fi or bluetooth and having electrical devices hard wired. Greenheart, mentioned about having suspicions about the computer, so IMO is to have the computer connected to the router by an ethernet data cable. If one is moving around the house, room to room with a laptop, it's easy to wire in a data network.

 

Edited by Orange Alert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Orange Alert said:

 

I think that is a very valid avenue of investigation and even if EMF is eliminated as the cause, nothing else is to go into the direction of reducing as much as possible EMF radiation at home.   I am very much a fan of not having wi-fi or bluetooth and having electrical devices hard wired. Greenheart, mentioned about having suspicions about the computer, so IMO is to have the computer connected to the router by an ethernet data cable. If one is moving around the house, room to room with a laptop, it's easy to wire in a data network.

 

I got that sorted recently. No Wi-Fi allowed in this house! Ethernet trunked all the way to my room. Also have an EMF meter and the readings are generally very low. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2020 at 4:42 AM, rideforever said:

Try shaking your head.


makes it louder and seem to wobble a bit ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2020 at 9:02 AM, Alnitak said:

Ive been getting a ringing in the ears also but it is not constant. It feels like a frequency change. I get it maybe once of twice a day i feel like an adjustment in energy is happening. It could be my own brain doing it or it could be from around me. I am an empath so i dont know if it is an adjustment in the general toxic soup we are living in.


do you get the sound moving to just one ear and a popping kind of feeling on occasion? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, rooey said:

makes it louder and seem to wobble a bit

 

Do you think it is physiological ?  There are exercises you can do if you have balance problems in the ears ... they are a bit strange to see, but they are like tilt head to left,roll completely over, and then tilt head to right.  You have to research them and find instructions.  What they do is move accumulated material in the ampulae of the ear in order to restore the balance.

 

Do you have a problems when you put the head down to the right or to the left?  You can also do a gentle head neck rotation, turning etc... exercises if that's the case ... or go jogging ... so that the stuff in your ears moves around.

 

It could also be some local energetic disturbance for which you can do some qigong on the head and face (look on youtube) or accupuncture.

 

Trying doing some relaxation and see what that does to it as well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...