callmenuts

Shopping today with NO MASK - Liberating

So for the first time since this 'wear masks in shops' bullshit started, I had to go shopping.

I'll be honest though, as my partner said she was ok wearing a mask (but thankfully she is AWAKE), and did not want me to be in a mood all day, she initially offered to go inside alone.

Driving there I became aware of the fact that for some reason I was almost backing down. I've been around for nearly four decades and I've always had a degree of spunk inside me to fight back. I asked myself, where is the old me, that would not even flinch to walk around with no mask. Now, I'm driving there thinking 'I can't be bothered with this altercation'.

When we arrived at the first shop, Sainsburys, my partner got out of the car and thankfully I had the fucking balls to do the same. 

"What are you doing"

"I'm going in"

My testosterone was pumping. Sounds crazy but I felt like enemy of the state. A couple of dodgy looks on my way in. My partner also without mask. Felt proud to have a woman like that by my side and I offer my prayers of strength for those going it alone. Walked past the two assistants on the door and got completely ignored. A glance at the security guard. Did my business and got the fuck out of there. Quite a few dodgy looks, mainly from the older generation. It was actually just ARGOS pick up point we needed. I saw one store assistant stop dead and stare as I followed the path that was fenced in. I shouted loudly "fuck me, it's like queuing for the big dipper".

Argos assistant was pleasant. Way out, some guy quickly grabbed hold of his 4 year old kids who were all in masks, and some guy stopped dead with his trolley to gawp. Nothing I cant handle.

Next store, Lidl. Big food shop... a couple of dodgy looks but surprisingly nothing major inside, and the till assistant didn't have a mask on. Good girl.

Way out, and I wouldn't normally do this, but I noticed a couple of oldies starring in their car. I left it, walked closer, still starring. As I approached their car , the guy made a really judgemental glance and looked at us although we were the fucking Annunaki. So I snapped. I know not cool at an older man but I could have a hidden disability, whatever. I don't. Fuck all wrong with me, I just don't do masks end of. So I shouted "ALRIGHT MATE? BIT NOSEY AINT YA".

I apologised to my partner as all around the shops I was on edge. Not nervous, but more as in I was ready to fight. And fight I will. Today I realised what can be done. To everyone out there who thinks the same way, go out, do not wear a shitty mask, and show these motherfuckers they cannot drag us down. Ok it's a minor victory but I feel empowered for doing it. There is a hidden code of honour amongst people like us... I saw another non mask wearer and it was a nice moment, a little nod.  We are not alone. 

Thanks for reading. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

@callmenuts well done that man and lady!  Had to laugh at your mention of 'testosterone pumping' though and you were both clearly determined so a result.  Not sure about the shouting, don't want to give the mask wearers any ammunition.

Yesterday I wrote about my supermarket visit without a stupid mask.  I confidently walked in with a trolley, had decided to ignore any abuse if it came my way (it didn't) and nobody questioned me despite being the only dissenter.  Held my head high the whole time and actually felt rather sorry for the sheeple.  Haven't told my adult kids yet, they most definitely wouldn't approve!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for sharing, gives me and I'm sure others inspiration.

• Thanks 1

Just been to Tesco.  A large store.  About 100 people there.  Only 2 or 3 in the store without masks, including myself.  But nobody gave me any problems.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I will not bow down to this nonsense.

Went into town on 24th July, called in as many shops as possible with no mask, the only place that questioned me was SPORTS DIRECT. Simply told the guard I was exempt, end of story.

Been into town twice since, also Tesco, a few people in the supermarket looked as though they were about to approach me but backed off when they saw my lanyard.

Exchanged a couple of knowing nods to the odd person without the muzzle.

STICK AT THIS PEOPLE - IT IS LIBERATING. THE MORE PEOPLE ARE SEEN TO DO THIS, THE MORE WILL DO IT. (Sheeple, remember?)

And I'll tell you something else. Footfall  in the supermarket was down 50% on what it normally so economics are going to decide whether this ludicrous rule sticks, not "health" or self-policing...

Off into town now...NO MASK REQUIRED.  😄

Edited by HAARPING_On
  • Like 3

I didn't enjoy it today, a few oldies rattling around like the last peas in a can, all masked up, one looking at me like I was the angel of death personal tasked with her demise.

26 minutes ago, HAARPING_On said:

And I'll tell you something else. Footfall  in the supermarket was down 50% on what it normally so economics are going to decide whether this ludicrous rule sticks, not "health" or self-policing...

Yeah footfall must have stayed low so its going to spectacularly backfire.

• Like 1

Just been challenged entering THE CARD FACTORY and cheerily replied "I don't need a mask thank you, I'm exempt!" as I breezed in...

This absolutely flummoxed the girl on the door and nothing further was said, even when she served me at the till. 😄

• Like 1

On 7/28/2020 at 1:11 PM, callmenuts said:

Next store, Lidl.

Just got home from Lidl and while I was waiting in line behind this older couple the woman said to me to watch the distance and pointed at the markings on the floor.

I was already 1.5m from her ... then her husband also starts talking with the cashier and looking at me saying how I'm not wearing a mask and that I should be fined... etc.

Then they of course mentioned how something was said in the news on the tv... (scary how brainwashed are some people)

A younger man behind me in line said to this couple to basically stop being busybodies and I just smiled to it all.

Then when I was leaving the cashier said that I have to wear a mask next time I come to which I replied I'll just go to other shop instead and left.

Crazy 🤡🌍

• Like 2

Nice one Eve, that's exactly how I feel when in the supermarket, went in on the first day (24th July)  - about 6pm, must have been 80-100 people in there, only me  and another customer were without masks  and - 1 member of staff, had no trouble at all - so far.
Will ignore if trouble occurs - keep the vibration high.

Been in every day without masks - saw about 5 people without masks, went in today - saw at least 10 without masks, and about 10 staff without masks.

Nodding at similar - minded people as we walk past eachother.  pure respect for seeing the light.

It is liberating, such a simple thing - to shop for food.  I just try to remember that most of the sheep in there were (a day before the law came into effect) walking round the supermarket without masks, and are only doing it because they are being obedient, or think they are.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, sickofallthebollocks said:

Nice one Eve, that's exactly how I feel when in the supermarket, went in on the first day (24th July)  - about 6pm, must have been 80-100 people in there, only me  and another customer were without masks  and - 1 member of staff, had no trouble at all - so far.
Will ignore if trouble occurs - keep the vibration high.

Been in every day without masks - saw about 5 people without masks, went in today - saw at least 10 without masks, and about 10 staff without masks.

Nodding at similar - minded people as we walk past eachother.  pure respect for seeing the light.

It is liberating, such a simple thing - to shop for food.  I just try to remember that most of the sheep in there were (a day before the law came into effect) walking round the supermarket without masks, and are only doing it because they are being obedient, or think they are.

I wish I’d had a similar experience while shopping. Went into 4 supermarkets yesterday and I was the only unmasked person, every other shopper and staff member were muzzled, which I found disappointing as many were UK tourists. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeartSpirit said:

I wish I’d had a similar experience while shopping. Went into 4 supermarkets yesterday and I was the only unmasked person, every other shopper and staff member were muzzled, which I found disappointing as many were UK tourists. 

yeah know what you mean heartspirit, it can be so disheartening - I often feel the same - especially if it's 'one of those days' just keep your chin up buddy.  You're the normal one, not them.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2020 at 6:11 AM, callmenuts said:

So for the first time since this 'wear masks in shops' bullshit started, I had to go shopping.

I'll be honest though, as my partner said she was ok wearing a mask (but thankfully she is AWAKE), and did not want me to be in a mood all day, she initially offered to go inside alone.

Driving there I became aware of the fact that for some reason I was almost backing down. I've been around for nearly four decades and I've always had a degree of spunk inside me to fight back. I asked myself, where is the old me, that would not even flinch to walk around with no mask. Now, I'm driving there thinking 'I can't be bothered with this altercation'.

When we arrived at the first shop, Sainsburys, my partner got out of the car and thankfully I had the fucking balls to do the same. 

"What are you doing"

"I'm going in"

My testosterone was pumping. Sounds crazy but I felt like enemy of the state. A couple of dodgy looks on my way in. My partner also without mask. Felt proud to have a woman like that by my side and I offer my prayers of strength for those going it alone. Walked past the two assistants on the door and got completely ignored. A glance at the security guard. Did my business and got the fuck out of there. Quite a few dodgy looks, mainly from the older generation. It was actually just ARGOS pick up point we needed. I saw one store assistant stop dead and stare as I followed the path that was fenced in. I shouted loudly "fuck me, it's like queuing for the big dipper".

Argos assistant was pleasant. Way out, some guy quickly grabbed hold of his 4 year old kids who were all in masks, and some guy stopped dead with his trolley to gawp. Nothing I cant handle.

Next store, Lidl. Big food shop... a couple of dodgy looks but surprisingly nothing major inside, and the till assistant didn't have a mask on. Good girl.

Way out, and I wouldn't normally do this, but I noticed a couple of oldies starring in their car. I left it, walked closer, still starring. As I approached their car , the guy made a really judgemental glance and looked at us although we were the fucking Annunaki. So I snapped. I know not cool at an older man but I could have a hidden disability, whatever. I don't. Fuck all wrong with me, I just don't do masks end of. So I shouted "ALRIGHT MATE? BIT NOSEY AINT YA".

I apologised to my partner as all around the shops I was on edge. Not nervous, but more as in I was ready to fight. And fight I will. Today I realised what can be done. To everyone out there who thinks the same way, go out, do not wear a shitty mask, and show these motherfuckers they cannot drag us down. Ok it's a minor victory but I feel empowered for doing it. There is a hidden code of honour amongst people like us... I saw another non mask wearer and it was a nice moment, a little nod.  We are not alone. 

Thanks for reading. 

Mate, I have not been doing a mask at all, since the beginning. I have not social distanced either. Still no virus. Once you've done enough homework on these crazies pulling the strings you can spot their psyops a mile away.

Today I was riding my 20" freestyle bike up a hill, passing a woman who was on a 26" wheel or larger trail bike with gears.

She saw me coming when she rounded the corner up ahead, I caught up to her, and as I went by I turned and looked at her and she was laughing/smirking at me on this little trick bike cruising by her. I said to her, still riding this while I can. She chuckled as she worked to get up the hill, then I yelled back at her, I eat a lot of avocados! lol

She had lower gears, not sure why she didn't switch down, maybe her bike needs a tune up.

Stay strong, if anyone gives you a hard time, face them with facts.

• Like 1

My first time in a shop in a while, I did bring a mask for first time as I was worried about being refused access, and put it on as I entered.  I have bullous lung disease, it was literally impossible to breathe.  I stood in line, immediately removed my mask, no one said a word or looked unhappy though they saw, though they were all masked.  I did explain to cashier out of politeness as I was at post office and needed to talk about a few items, she was lovely. I noticed she struggled to understand people talking behind masks, was probably happier I didn't have one! Used the shop in there, different cashier not phased at all, neither of us mentioned it.  Our local shops are great! I think they know it is a load of rubbish.  I'll go tomorrow without the mask, I'm not wearing one again, it made me feel ill.  I will refuse when I'm back at work too. If I need one for hairdressers, I guess I'll have to go from short hair to long hair!

Today I went in two supermarkets to buy food for dogs. At the access, I entered with the mask leaving uncovered the nose, into the shops I walked leaving also the mouth uncovered. At the exit I re-put the mask on the mouth.

In a small shop I don't tend to do the rebel because I don't want that shoppers have problem (it some cop enters in the shop also the owner is fined if clients don't wear masks).

From Capoterra, province of Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Magnificmags said:

no one said a word or looked unhappy though they saw, though they were all masked.

Its only the odd one who will say anything, I went in today barefaced and felt even more confident, got some looks though..

They think they have created a clever conflict here guessing that most of us conform, though  by nonconforming you set yourself up as a rebel which itself can become a folk hero archetype, as in Robin Hood.

As it grows and less conform, what is their next move? Once you have beaten the mask fear, the whole vaccine becomes laughable

Posted (edited)
On 7/28/2020 at 12:11 PM, callmenuts said:

"What are you doing"

"I'm going in"

Thanks for reading. 

I don't wear one and never have.. It's best to not engage with people.. Just say its not LAW if approached.

Edited by AuroraREGINA

I have so far only had bus drivers and shop staff ask. I simply say 'no'. I get no hassle. Occasionally I'll get some Karen eyeballing me, but I usually just stare them out until they look away. I want a member of the public to say something. I want the delectable enjoyment of saying "I don't answer to you", or ignoring them entirely, or laughing. 

Anecdote: months back, I went into an unfamiliar supermarket and began walking around whilst ignoring the shitty arrows on the floor. Inevitably, some aggressive sheep started hassling me, after pointedly checking the arrows on the floor. Middle aged guy, fully masked up. I point blank ignored him, and adopted a body language and facial expression as though I hadn't heard him. He kept saying "excuse me" over and over, about half a dozen times, whilst I kept picking up items off the shelf and looking at them. It was hilarious. Eventually he gave up, and after ironically muttering "fucking idiot" under his breath, gave up and walked away. Lol!

• Like 2