Psychadelics

greenheart

Ooh if you would! Oh.

Let's see, 1999 about Autumn I last took acid. I think the year before I did mushrooms.

Wonderful experience, but sometimes it seemed some trips had a limit I couldn't get past. Most trips went good bad good. Not done E because put off by both quality and "Like LSD without the paranoia". The paranoia is there to ride!

Don't drive or leave house. Headphones are your friend. Would love to take one again as a pick me up. But you can't use them like that. I have unhappy moods and feelings recently. If it's a potential medical treatment for it, yeah! Ok! Where's the trial? Given it'll be all sorts of conditions and monitoring to get that program.

If never done them, don't know. Would it work now? The late 90's were fucking simpler times.

I hate acid.  Did it in high school.  Last time I did it was during school.  Came home from school to find my mom had slit her wrists so I had to drive her trippin to the hospital.  

This guy William Leonard Pickard got busted in 2000 for transporting his acid lab across Kansas.  He was in a ring that manufactured thousands of hits.  He just got out of prison.  

https://www.psymposia.com/magazine/william-leonard-pickard-lsd/

So he poses like some guru, but he’s part of the elite.  

Got his book he wrote while in jail, The Rose of Paracelsus.  It was fiction, but basically states his delusion that acid is made and distributed for the purpose of helping humanity raise its intelligence and consciousness.  Whatever. 

Lots of literary references, etc. he is clearly highly intelligent, but has a high opinion of Harvard and all its spoiled, connected grad students.  It was a nauseating read. 

He comes from the government sponsored acid tests and their ilk.  

Because acid is a synthetic chemical it poorly mimics what is found in nature.  

John C. Lilly was a sadistic bastard who did sick experiments on people and gave acid to dolphins.  His book, Programming and Metaprogramming in the Human Biocomputer was also very disturbing to read.  Just based on the title you can imagine his outlook on humanity. 

this was prob 17 years ago; i can't mind what i took, it was either a 'frog' E and a 'bart simpson' acid tab or was just the E but i saw a vampire / count dracula figure coming out from the wall.

i E'd many times and never got any such 'hallucinations', just that one time.

thankfully i haven't touched a drug since 2007/2008 (except alcohol 😁).

I took LSD weekly from the late 1980s to about 1997 , 

Along with thousands of Es , speed and booze !!!

Until it all caught up with me and most of my circle of friends , i ended up with psychosis 

And depression ....and moved on to Cocaine and booze which was even worse for my wellbeing was growing Psilocybe Cubensis from spores in fish tanks around 2000.

Spent the last 20 years putting myself back together again ....

Other than an odd smoke of weed 

Clean for 18 years .....

Edited by Coldrum
Typo
  • Like 2

Just to add to my story . I was never sectioned ,and i refused all antidepressants drugs .

I feel that i had an entity attachment (spirit possession) for a good few years after my drug use.

The only thing that cured me was long distance cycling and mountain biking  , long periods of solitude in nature ...

And when i started praying to God , my nightly  terror attacks stopped ....

True story, so be careful ....

• Like 2

as we speak I'm making my yearly pilgrimage to the great blotter in the sky, now if I could just get those bloody letters to stay in one place it would make things a lot easier

11 minutes ago, shadowmoon said:

Not had any lsd since the late 90's, I  see liberty caps growing in local fields in autumn  but I look and don't take now, used to like mushroom tea

I feel a bit too old now to trip for hours

Its never too late

39 minutes ago, greenheart said:

I've never tried but want to. The only thing I can get my hands on are truffles. One of the difficulties is knowing how much to take.

• 5-10 grams for a light trip, perfect for beginners
  • 10-15 grams for a medium trip
  • 15-20 grams for an intense trip, only for experienced trippers
  • 20-40 grams for a trip to the highest level, only for the real psychonauts

for a first go I'd go around five grams or less.

mates years ago would eat 50 fresh mushrooms and really get mashed, but I always kept it low, & don't forget they take a while to start affecting you so an hour might pass before it kicks in, that is why I liked the tea it started quicker and was of a shorter duration.

Staring at the curtains unable to sleep at 5am might have sounded fun to  begin with..😀

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, peter said:

as we speak I'm making my yearly pilgrimage to the great blotter in the sky, now if I could just get those bloody letters to stay in one place it would make things a lot easier

Its never too late

don't know if I could be bothered now though?

3 hours ago, Mr H said:

And very recently at the end of last year in a spiritual and ceremonial setting I did Ayahuasca

Do mind sharing what plants were in yours?  Did you fast beforehand?

Had a friend go to Bolivia and do it on some yoga thing.  She ended up hooking up with some dude while on it.  Kudos to her.  I wouldn’t feel sexy while I’m “cleansing” out both ends at the same time.  

Got a Banisteriopsis caapi, I think yellow variety, and a Psychotria viridis plant.  Heard sometimes they put an ingredient in that makes you vulnerable to suggestion.  Forgot what it is.  

(Would hate to be out in the jungle with some weirdos and not know exactly what’s in it.  There are some brujos out there.)

So I have some Syrian Rue and Mimosa tenuiflora sitting in the closet and a recipe for an analog.  May try if I get the time, nerve, and a babysitter (for me).  Have to be able to fast three days, too. 

16 minutes ago, Michi713 said:

Do mind sharing what plants were in yours?  Did you fast beforehand?

Had a friend go to Bolivia and do it on some yoga thing.  She ended up hooking up with some dude while on it.  Kudos to her.  I wouldn’t feel sexy while I’m “cleansing” out both ends at the same time.  

Got a Banisteriopsis caapi, I think yellow variety, and a Psychotria viridis plant.  Heard sometimes they put an ingredient in that makes you vulnerable to suggestion.  Forgot what it is.  

(Would hate to be out in the jungle with some weirdos and not know exactly what’s in it.  There are some brujos out there.)

So I have some Syrian Rue and Mimosa tenuiflora sitting in the closet and a recipe for an analog.  May try if I get the time, nerve, and a babysitter (for me).  Have to be able to fast three days, too. 

Yeah it was ayahuasca vine and chacruna leaves. Pretty cool that we got to make our own for one of the ceremonies. It was super strong!

As for the dieta/fasting and all the rules beforehand. I stuck to most of the rules, except a few, I did have sexual within within the 3 week prior, I did drink caffine occasionally prior (not during), and I did smoke the odd cigarrette whilst there. Everything else I stuck to. When I do it again, I will ensure I stick to the rules 100%. I don't know if it was only due to this, but I had extraordinary bowel movements during ceremony - not unusual, but so much so I had haemorroids (SP?) and I lost over 2 stones! (sorry to go into so much gruesome detail!) as well as all the puking! Doesn't sound very pleasant from that, but it was one of the best experiences of my life for sure. Like a full body, mind and spirit cleanse - and you can pretty much "go" where you want on it - once you're relaxed and used to it.

Yeah there's loads of charlatans out there on this scene, so select the centre carefully.

• Like 1

I would also when reading reviews check out what they say about the assistants that work there (something I never considered before), but for first time, they literally save your life at times! I wouldn't want that responsibility with someone who doesn't have a clue!

• Like 2

Did half a tab of acid back in 1984.  It was really great.  I was with a group of friends and we watched that Star Trek movie,  Wrath of Khan I believe.  I drove back to my apartment, which was on the other side of Virginia Beach.  It was Sunday morning, so I was the only car on the road and I was almost freaking out that I was lost and out in the middle of nowhere.  Somehow, I drove straight to my apartment ok.  I found a large wooden spoon in the sink from the day before.  I decided to wash it. It had a large black spot on it that I could not get out.  I scrubbed and scrubbed until I gave up.  Crashed and slept all day.  Woke up later to find this spoon in the kitchen that had been scrubbed so much the wood was bleached. LOL!

I laughed so hard and for so long that night that my ribs hurt for 3 days.

I have seriously thought about growing a batch of "Golden Teacher" mushrooms to experiment with.  I have severe RLS and the healthcare industry has completely failed me.  I want to see if micro-dosing can help my symptoms, along with smoking a little Granddaddy Purple weed before bed or when my symptoms are really bad.  I'm growing a practise batch of weed right now to experiment with several techniques to maximize growth, and in a few months I'm getting seeds of GDP and Purple Kush to grow.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2020 at 12:34 PM, greenheart said:

Anyone ever tried them?

I have taken a number of psychedelics in my time. Every experience has been different and profound for me. 

The first times, I wanted to know who I am. I got that answer and it was an extremely positive experience that helped me greatly. 

I've had a couple of awful experiences where suppressed memories came to surface and I had to experience them all over again. 

My last experience (and will be forever my last experience), was a difficult pill to swallow. 

I felt all the pain and hurt I caused everyone throughout the years. It was horrible. The pain.. The emotional pain became very physical. 

I'll never forget that. 

It was horrible, but I needed it. 

I don't regret any of my experiences as they opened my eyes to the truth and to the darkest parts of me. 

• Like 2

On 7/28/2020 at 1:30 PM, Mr H said:

Yes I have tried them.

When I was younger in a recreational setting - magic mushrooms and lsd.

And very recently at the end of last year in a spiritual and ceremonial setting I did Ayahuasca

Wow I have heard so much about ayahuasca in people trying to heal themselves with cptsd ..... I want to try it but I'm scared haha.

I did lsd and speed ecstasy in the 90s. Wouldn't touch any of it now though as it's so heavily cut with other substances now. The only trip I had was on MDMA and it was quite wonderful haha. I had a very heavily traumatic childhood and I always think that experience was as close to care free joy as I will ever experience - my child inside definitely came out to play that day.

I drank heavily and took coke throughout my marriage with my husband - havent touched it since we divorced and now have managed to massively cut alcohol use and get my act together. Maybe one day I'll achieve complete tee totalness- its definitely becoming less and less appealing to me as I approach 40

2 hours ago, Jode said:

Wow I have heard so much about ayahuasca in people trying to heal themselves with cptsd ..... I want to try it but I'm scared haha.

I did lsd and speed ecstasy in the 90s. Wouldn't touch any of it now though as it's so heavily cut with other substances now. The only trip I had was on MDMA and it was quite wonderful haha. I had a very heavily traumatic childhood and I always think that experience was as close to care free joy as I will ever experience - my child inside definitely came out to play that day.

I drank heavily and took coke throughout my marriage with my husband - havent touched it since we divorced and now have managed to massively cut alcohol use and get my act together. Maybe one day I'll achieve complete tee totalness- its definitely becoming less and less appealing to me as I approach 40

Out of likes but thanks for sharing your story. 🙂

Friggin MDMA they call Molly now.  Same stuff like they call techno EDM.  All recycled.  

My first tab girls from work held me down and pinched my nose.  Plopped one of those garbage ones with brown specks down my throat as an initiation.   

Every time I rolled after that it was an angry, violent experience.  Everyone would be loving and all.  I hated everything and looked for trouble guess because that first time set the tone.  

A girlfriend of mine would pop nine at a time and get that gross rolling eyes and grinding teeth haha!

• Like 1

Done lots of blotters in the nineties. Used to go to a lot of squat parties in South London run by the Spiral Tribe and got into aceeed through them. Had a lot of mind blowing experiences. My trips started getting progressively worse. One time I found myself out and about in the early morning and phoned an ambulance for myself as I thought my eyeballs were falling out my head. Ambulance came and picked me up. I was having a panic attack (?) I think as they gave me a paper bag to breathe in and out of, perhaps I was hyperventilating come to think about it. Got to casualty where they put me on a bed. A doctor came along and asked me my name, I went completely paranoid got up and walked home. I wouldn't touch acid now, I had flashbacks for years after.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wingwang said:

Done lots of blotters in the nineties. Used to go to a lot of squat parties in South London run by the Spiral Tribe and got into aceeed through them. Had a lot of mind blowing experiences. My trips started getting progressively worse. One time I found myself out and about in the early morning and phoned an ambulance for myself as I thought my eyeballs were falling out my head. Ambulance came and picked me up. I was having a panic attack (?) I think as they gave me a paper bag to breathe in and out of, perhaps I was hyperventilating come to think about it. Got to casualty where they put me on a bed. A doctor came along and asked me my name, I went completely paranoid got up and walked home. I wouldn't touch acid now, I had flashbacks for years after.

Friend had a similar experience, went to  A&E  the Dr said "What's the problem?" he says LSD & the Dr says.. "Well you shouldn't do that stuff then" and they did nothing for him just left him in a bed.

1 hour ago, wingwang said:

Haha, fuck I was in Goa in the 99-00 era and I am sure Spiral Tribe all came down there, I had only heard of them through the community in another beach south of Goa so I made a trip up to their unit .

I think they amalgamented with a few european tribes before they came down.

As much as i love acid of the incredible things itr does it really freaks me out.

anyway i took a tab just before i got there, and went in and it was one of the most crazy party I had ever been to.

Think most of the people their were on ketamine and saw people all over the place, in weird contortions and facial expressions, wasnt an ideal place for me, people on the floor shaking, having fits, was scary as fuck.

I was just coming up too and wanted to be somewhere better, rode the motorbike all over the place, not knowing where to go, what to do.

Eventually found a cafe open (about 3 am in the morning and asked them somewhere to sleep, went up a ladder above shop floor and rested till i was safe.

Then went to one of the parties in the woods they set up, not my ideal music (then realised theres drugs for different types of music)

i think it was new year 1999

• Like 1

The Lotus Eaters:

White lotus flowers with pink tips bloom for three days in July, then drop their petals.  I collected the fallen petals of one flower and ate them.  

Lotus petals are said to have hypnotic effects when consumed. Didn’t experience this, but did get slight euphoria from the small amount consumed.  

Did get an overwhelming urge to eat again!  I watched the last bloom intently and ate the petals when it was done.  It’s a mild taste, slightly sweet.  

I heard someone tell me not to eat from his plant again.  I know it’s because I’m not worthy.  

In Buddhism:  the white lotus represents mental purity and spiritual perfection.

In Hinduism:  In the Bhagavad Gita, a human is adjured to be like the lotus; they should work without attachment, dedicating their actions to God, untouched by sin like a beautiful flower standing high above the muddy water.

“In the Odyssey, Odysseus and his crew are forced by a storm to land on the island of the lotus-eaters.  Odysseus dispatches three scouts to find the island’s inhabitants. They encounter the lotus-eaters, who offer the edible parts of the  plant as food. Odysseus is eventually forced to drag his men from the lotus-eaters and chain them to their places among the rowers, as those who eat from the lotus plant instantly forget any thought of leaving the island, preferring to remain and continue eating the lotus.”

(The ancient Greeks used the word “lotos” to refer to many types of intoxicating plants, so Homer may not have meant the literal lotus.)

Then I found this kick ass interpretation of Lord Tennyson’s poem The Lotos Eaters:

https://mikejay.net/the-lotus-eaters/

“The lotos is a drug that stands for the refusal to engage with the world of economic productivity and readiness for war. To the imperial gaze, resistance to this imperative was often seen as a delusive retreat into fantasy.”

Agustin Codazzi, an Italian cartographer engaged to assess the resources of the Pacific coast, wrote in 1849:

“He found a land of rich subsistence agriculture, inhabited by a population mostly of African descent; but their life of ease was, for him, an economic tragedy. ‘Plantains, a little maize and a few plantings of cacao and sugarcane do nothing more than satisfy daily consumption, while fish and wild pigs abound’, Codazzi complains; after a day in the fields, the inhabitants ‘go home to enjoy sweetmeats, smoke, talk and sleep’. He warns that unless these people are forced to work by a police system, the wealth of the colony will suffer.”

“He concludes:

‘A race of people which spends its time in such indolence is not the race called upon for national progress. Out of ignorance, laziness and misunderstood pride at being free, these people are slaves to their lack of need.’”

“‘Slaves to their lack of need’: how strange this sounds to the city-dwellers of the twenty-first century. Our problem is precisely the opposite: once we are subsumed into the global economy, our needs become ever greater and the simple life an ever-receding mirage.”

“In this world drugs are no longer, like the lotus, the talisman and sacrament of an alternative way of living: they become yet another costly commodity, tools that we use to meet or escape the escalating demands of productivity.”

“We are no longer browsing on the fruit of the lotus but passing each other small packages of pleasure between the strokes of the oar as Odysseus commands us relentlessly onwards towards his promised land of Ithaca.”

“It is hardly surprising that drugs occupy such a provocative role in our society, both fetishized and demonized. In a society where we must always act rationally and think of the future, the escape from responsibility that these substances offer is dangerous and must somehow be policed; yet they are always standing by to offer us a small advantage or luxury, to give us back a little control over our moods, our energies or our minds.”

Edited by Michi713
  • Like 1