Where would you emigrate to?

jhodgski

Does anyone know which countries (preferably in Europe) have the least stringent COVID-19 rules?

Not sure I can hack it here much longer - especially if they try hitting me with a £100 wrist-slap.

Not ideal to leave loved ones, but not sure I can accept living under a government that insists I have to dance to their latest tune in order to survive.

• Like 1

It's important to realize covid is just the start of things , your aim must be to position yourself to survive what is planned  ..economic collapse...   food shortages ... supermarkets looted ...a breakdown in  law and order ...

So any populated area is a danger zone ... it maybe possible to survive in remotest Wales with solar panels an underground shelter , food stockpiles and growing your own food ... but it would be hard ... too bloody cold ...nothing grows easily ...

I saw this coming 15 years ago and escaped to Thailand ... a very remote area of jungle/farmland .... I have a massive piece of land (about 10 football pitches in size) with a river and coconuts bananas and ten different fruits  all growing wild ... and a big underground shelter .... 

All are welcome to join me here ... One big problem .... the borders closed !! 

UK has the same population as Thailand ... but has one thousand times the reported deaths from Covid that Thailand has   ( it seems Thailand isn't in on the scam) ...No one wears masks where I am .... 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, oz93666 said:

It's important to realize covid is just the start of things , your aim must be to position yourself to survive what is planned  ..economic collapse...   food shortages ... supermarkets looted ...a breakdown in  law and order ...

So any populated area is a danger zone ... it maybe possible to survive in remotest Wales with solar panels an underground shelter , food stockpiles and growing your own food ... but it would be hard ... too bloody cold ...nothing grows easily ...

I saw this coming 15 years ago and escaped to Thailand ... a very remote area of jungle/farmland .... I have a massive piece of land (about 10 football pitches in size) with a river and coconuts bananas and ten different fruits  all growing wild ... and a big underground shelter .... 

All are welcome to join me here ... One big problem .... the borders closed !! 

UK has the same population as Thailand ... but has one thousand times the reported deaths from Covid that Thailand has   ( it seems Thailand isn't in on the scam) ...No one wears masks where I am .... 

Oh, that sounds wonderful! I really hope things will remain that way for you and everyone else in that country!

It is really interesting that an increasing number of AFRICAN countries are waking up! Tanzania, Madagascar and Nigeria look like they are, so they could be a choice... But I prefer to wait until I receive a clear indication of what I can do and  where I may have to move to. Right now I live in the Northern Highlands of Scotland and so far things have been tolerable here. It just depends on enough money continuing to come. I am without work now and worked as a self-employed tour-guide up here. That looks like dead, so no idea yet what next... Just waiting and watching developments...

• Sad 1

Here's the main questions because I have faced them already.....

1) What skills do you  have to trade when you get there (do you have a service/skills to provide in that country that you can use to trade if required)?

2) Can you grow food there (fertile land, good clean water supply etc..)

3) Can you speak the native language (even if only a bit).

4) Natural disaster chances in the chosen area (sounds like a doomdsday movie but we could have a few on the way so pick your spot wisely).

In Europe Catolonia has always been the place to be. Great medical care, very fertile land, great weather and a lovely lifestyle compared to the UK (everything is tomorrow). Up until recently they had their own appointed leaders and wanted out the Euro and their own laws. The cabal  put a stop to that and marched through there and arrested the lot of them (200 plus years in prison between 15 members of state). Now as we speak it's in second lockdown there and being made an example of Worldwide!

Europe is the same everywhere but if I had to pick then Bulgaria is cheap and you can grow food easily there.

4 hours ago, Brad the lad said:

Here's the main questions because I have faced them already.....

1) What skills do you  have to trade when you get there (do you have a service/skills to provide in that country that you can use to trade if required)?

2) Can you grow food there (fertile land, good clean water supply etc..)

3) Can you speak the native language (even if only a bit).

4) Natural disaster chances in the chosen area (sounds like a doomdsday mov.....

You are right to point out the challenges Brad ..... It is not realistic to just pick somewhere like Bulgaria  or a country in Africa and think you can just go there and settle in fine , particularly when the world is in chaos ...you need contacts ...and a big bag of cash , or it will be a nightmare ......

Dagmar .... sounds  like you are in the right location already ... the more remote the better .

In Bangkok they love the mask more than the UK .... just that in this remote location where I am , nobody wears them....

Edited by oz93666
  • Like 1

What do you think of the south american countries, would any of those be a good place to move to. They refused to do lockdown. Nicaragua's daniel ortega said the virus was a satanic devil.

Sweden and iceland did not do lockdown either, would either of these be possible candidates for moving to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jack121 said:

What do you think of the south american countries, would any of those be a good place to move to. They refused to do lockdown. Nicaragua's daniel ortega said the virus was a satanic devil.

Sweden and iceland did not do lockdown either, would either of these be possible candidates for moving to.

Sweden is going to be the first cashlesss society in the World.  They also have HUGE numbers (6000 people in 2015 already) chipped up with implants. Some companies require you to have the chip to work there. They have shopping centres where you can't use cash anywhere! They are the lemmings of Europe (even more than the UK and that is saying something). They do seem to swerve war but other than that no thank you for me.

Denmark is already mandatary vaccines for any child in school.

Norway and Denmark you would have to be very wealthy to up from the UK because they have a very high standard of living and the £ is worth nothing there. In fact all Scandinavia is the same really in regards to money.

Iceland is a bit of a  mystery for me that I can't work out? One thing to note though is the very unhealthy daylight schedule with little to almost no daylight some days and 24 hours daylight in other seasons.

Yes, I have recently decided that I need to live off grid somewhere. Issue at the moment is I don't have many practical skills, which are quintessential for this type of living. So I plan to spend the next while learning some basic practical skills and visiting off grid communities and houses to see how it is done. Then I'm going to do it.

No idea where, Portugal for some reason has always been attractive.

However, I anticipate building stuff and buying land abroad probably isn't as straightforward as in England, so have also recently considered somewhere like Wales, although possibly not ideal.

But yeah, definitely planning on doing this someway, somehow

Better do it soon because we have the next lockdown just two months away then after that it is going to be pandamonium. Went around the town centre today to pick up a few things. Could not believe it. Saw about two people. Usually at this time of the year in july it is jam packed with shoving room only. If  what i saw at the town centre is an indication of things to come...

What do you think of the south american countries, a lot of them did not do lockdown.

On 7/26/2020 at 5:15 AM, jack121 said:

Nicaragua - a lot of American expatriates retiring there.

Panama - only need $1000 or 764 pounds a month to qualify to live there.

Other countries: Uruguay, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Belize, though they require $2000 monthly income 

Guest Chica
On 7/27/2020 at 3:42 AM, jack121 said:

What about any of the south american countries, they don't like north america much but the unemployment is high.

I am in one of the South American countries and we have been masked and locked in our homes since March. These smaller countries have implemented such draconian measures that it makes no sense. The poor people have no jobs or money to pay for rent and consequently many more homeless families on the streets.

People with no access to hygiene and sanitation because of poverty, are wearing a tight (often dirty) masks 24/7 because of the fear of incurring the $100 fine.

Economy in the dumps..loans from IMF, China---secured against the country's resources.

The public officials who are getting paid for sitting at home and don't care and are enjoying and partying in private estates just like Fauci et al.

Poor people in villages have been scared so much that they are unable to see what's happening.

On 7/28/2020 at 7:50 AM, shadowmoon said:

I remember  reading  long ago that according to  nostradamus  ibiza is one of the few places that survives the end of the world.

Oh, and Mallorca? That would be great if that survived too! Then I would know why I married there and had a son there, who now has four children himself!... And Mallorca has a high mountain range all along its northwest coast. Any rising of the waters when the icecaps have fully melted could possibly be survived up there...

Long ago now I learnt how to sail a boat. Got a basic license for that on a course too. I thought at the time that it could come in very handy if one day things got too dangerous for me on land and now this could be happening... The great thing with a small sailing vessel or a larger one when you are a group of people to manage it, one doesn't need fuel, only the wind in the sails to transport you. Of course, you could have an auxiliary engine for any emergency and carry fuel for that.

What got me impassioned about this was the book "Dove". It is about a 17 year-old American boy, Robin Lee Graham, who sailed around the world on his boat "Dove", from Hawaii, in 1965. And National Geographic monitored him and reported on his progress and a few years later the book came out and Gregory Peck also made a film about it, starring Joseph Bottoms, I think.

If you can get hold of a copy of this book, then I thoroughly recommend it!

image.jpeg.d4c18df679db1d30ce91d2a93a316f86.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dagmar Gross said:

Oh, and Mallorca? That would be great if that survived too! Then I would know why I married there and had a son there, who now has four children himself!... And Mallorca has a high mountain range all along its northwest coast. Any rising of the waters when the icecaps have fully melted could possibly be survived up there...

Long ago now I learnt how to sail a boat. Got a basic license for that on a course too. I thought at the time that it could come in very handy if one day things got too dangerous for me on land and now this could be happening... The great thing with a small sailing vessel or a larger one when you are a group of people to manage it, one doesn't need fuel, only the wind in the sails to transport you. Of course, you could have an auxiliary engine for any emergency and carry fuel for that.

What got me impassioned about this was the book "Dove". It is about a 17 year-old American boy, Robin Lee Graham, who sailed around the world on his boat "Dove", from Hawaii, in 1965. And National Geographic monitored him and reported on his progress and a few years later the book came out and Gregory Peck also made a film about it, starring Joseph Bottoms, I think.

If you can get hold of a copy of this book, then I thoroughly recommend it!

image.jpeg.d4c18df679db1d30ce91d2a93a316f86.jpeg

Could be the whole balerarics? I went there years ago and wanted to visit formentera as they called it a magical island, but never got to go.

• Like 1

Just now, shadowmoon said:

Could be the whole balerarics? I went there years ago and wanted to visit formentera as they called it a magical island, but never got to go.

I haven't been there yet either, nor in Ibiza. But I have been on Menorca. I found that mind-blowing. It is full of caves and ancient "Taulers", megalithic complexes from about four thousand years ago. Although Mallorca has many megalithic structures too. Just search for "Talayots". That's what they are called there. And near Arta, in the Northeast, there is an entire ancient megalithic village they call "Ses Paisses", which just means the stables. There is this legend of the People of the Oak, because Mallorca used to be covered in Holm oak forest. Now there are many at this complex and also all over the mountain range, the Serra de Tramuntana. The People of the Oak could have something to do with the ancient Baleares, the slingshot fighters. After the Romans had conquered the island in 123BC (great number to remember!), they made those Mallorcans fight for them in an entire regiment of Baleares!

Mallorcans will tell you of the tradition that children back then had their food placed on the branch of a tree and they couldn't eat until they managed to shoot it down with a sling.

Estàtua Es Foner High Resolution Stock Photography and Images - Alamy

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dagmar Gross said:

I haven't been there yet either, nor in Ibiza. But I have been on Menorca. I found that mind-blowing. It is full of caves and ancient "Taulers", megalithic complexes from about four thousand years ago. Although Mallorca has many megalithic structures too. Just search for "Talayots". That's what they are called there. And near Arta, in the Northeast, there is an entire ancient megalithic village they call "Ses Paisses", which just means the stables. There is this legend of the People of the Oak, because Mallorca used to be covered in Holm oak forest. Now there are many at this complex and also all over the mountain range, the Serra de Tramuntana. The People of the Oak could have something to do with the ancient Baleares, the slingshot fighters. After the Romans had conquered the island in 123BC (great number to remember!), they made those Mallorcans fight for them in an entire regiment of Baleares!

Mallorcans will tell you of the tradition that children back then had their food placed on the branch of a tree and they couldn't eat until they managed to shoot it down with a sling.

Estàtua Es Foner High Resolution Stock Photography and Images - Alamy

the statue is of the slingshot fighters.?

that would be vicious having hundreds of stones flying at your head.!

• Like 1