C.S. Lewis "The Last Battle" a Prediction of Current Events?

Yesterday, a thought came to me. Well, a memory of the book by C.S. Lewis "The Last Battle". It is the last book of the Chronicles of Narnia series, which I have always enjoyed enormously. I have always loved the idea of living with characters out of Greek mythology in Narnia.

Well, the last book tells of how Narnia is destroyed by a donkey that an evil chimp has set up as King of Narnia. Below, I include an excerpt with an illustration.

This image reminds me so much of Boris Johnson and Cummings, who minds the PM for the evil Cult. I know C.S. Lewis and his pals like Tolkien were very intelligent and very educated people who came together in an Oxford or was it Cambridge bar to debate about all sorts of topics for hours, so how much did they really know?...

• 2 weeks later...

This is an interesting theory.

There's an even more prophetic book by C.S. Lewis called 'That Hideous Strength' - part of his sci-fi trilogy - that features a sinister group of scientists called NICE (National Institute for Coordinated Experiments). Makes me think of SAGE!

• Thanks 1
On 8/3/2020 at 8:36 PM, pete675 said:

This is an interesting theory.

There's an even more prophetic book by C.S. Lewis called 'That Hideous Strength' - part of his sci-fi trilogy - that features a sinister group of scientists called NICE (National Institute for Coordinated Experiments). Makes me think of SAGE!

Like I said, C.S. Lewis was a very intelligent man. Thank you for giving me and any others reading this the info on that book. I shall certainly look into that!

I am just in the middle of reading "The Last Battle" again and not all the pieces fit, but he certainly tells in it of how the public can be manipulated. There it is into believing that their loving God Aslan had now turned into a demon and that he had morphed or indeed had always been a double god entity together with a very cruel god of the Calormenes called Tash. The organizers of this power grab, only three (the poor donkey dressed up in a lion skin has since been rescued by the children), now call him Tashlan. And as Aslan hadn't been in Narnia for centuries and nobody living now had seen him, they could be made to believe anything.

I am only half-way through now and can't remember exactly how it ended, which is why I really wanted to read it again to see if there is some clue of what we could do in our very similar situation. The gist of it is, though, that the Narnia they had known is finished and everyone, dead or alive, has to go ever "onwards and upwards" to a new Narnia... But when I have finished reading to the end, I will be back here.

I thoroughly recommend this book though as reading material in these times, even though it is written in a slightly childish manner. But I have always loved and never forgotten these stories and don't mind the style. It is the truths in these stories that matter most to me and I am more amazed than anything and find it quite bizarre really to suddenly find myself in a similar scenario in real life to the one depicted in the book! The one story I hardly ever read again because I couldn't bear the end of wonderful Narnia with all its talking beasts and Dryads, the tree spirits!

Planet Narnia, by Michael Ward, provides a key to the seven books. They each represent a Middle Age heavenly body. Voyage of the Dawn Treader is the sun book. The Silver Chair is the moon book. The Last Battle is the Saturn book, where everything dies. When I listened to and read David Icke talk about Saturn, it seemed to tie in with this book. Look deeper into Lord of the Rings, by Tolkien, and again you can see Saturnine connections, particularly with Sauron and the ring.

Love the Narnia series, very important books in my family and my daughter read them again recently.  I remember that near the end of The Silver Chair, the two children see Old Father Time/Chronus/Saturn deep asleep in the subterranean world they enter into (Underworld/Underland?). Almost like he's been waiting in this age old slumber for time immemorial and that soon he will awaken. 

I always got a sense that was important and would fit the theory of Saturn representing the final book in the series.