Jump to content

Why have I been blocked?.


epsom
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, epsom said:

I have just tried to post a new topic..... but I have been blocked!.

 

There is NOTHING untoward in my post, so is this forum behaving like those it wants to stop, like FB, YT twitter etc?

 

 

it has a problem with hyperlinking etc

 

what toy need to do i if you copy from another source you need to paste as plain text

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, epsom said:

I have just tried to post a new topic..... but I have been blocked!.

 

There is NOTHING untoward in my post, so is this forum behaving like those it wants to stop, like FB, YT twitter etc?

 

 

 

Oversensitive security protocols put in place after the forum was hacked. I'd wait until tomorrow when the new Social goes live.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Jack said:

it has a problem with hyperlinking etc

 

what toy need to do i if you copy from another source you need to paste as plain text

Hi Jack....

I was trying to insert some PDFs..... I have seen them in other posts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

 

Oversensitive security protocols put in place after the forum was hacked. I'd wait until tomorrow when the new Social goes live.

Hi Grumpy Owl,

 

I will wait until tomorrow then---but I was trying to put some PDF links into my post...which I assume is why I got a blocked message.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I have just tried to post a comment again..... and I get a "BLOCKED" message.

 

Where is the new forum?.... any idea when it will be up and running?.

 

PS.. If this post is accepted, then there must be a reason why my other post was  blocked. (No, I did not post anything nasty).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From what i can gather from reading basket cases post the Forum was taken down again, the Mods/Admin managed to get it back up but I'm guessing still with the very high security level hence the blocking. it should all improve over the coming days as the mods/admin get it all back in hand.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Itsjaybigjay said:

From what i can gather from reading basket cases post the Forum was taken down again, the Mods/Admin managed to get it back up but I'm guessing still with the very high security level hence the blocking. it should all improve over the coming days as the mods/admin get it all back in hand.

Hi.... 

I don't think it's anything to do with that.

This happened about a week ago also----but I can post replies and start topics if they are fairly short in length......the one I have been trying to post is about 700 words.

 

I am wondering what kind of security level they have (and have had for last few weeks) to block my main post.

As far as I am aware, my post is not abusive--it is my rant about the covid scam etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, epsom said:

I have just tried to post a comment again..... and I get a "BLOCKED" message.

 

Where is the new forum?.... any idea when it will be up and running?.

 

PS.. If this post is accepted, then there must be a reason why my other post was  blocked. (No, I did not post anything nasty).

 

When you paste into the text box do you select - PASTE AS PLAIN TEXT? 

If not then try that.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, epsom said:

Hi....

I dont't have an option to post as plain text..... I do in email's, but not here.

 

Do they have a character limit? or anything else that may be stopping my post?.


No character limit as far as l know.
When you right click to paste, do you not have an option for paste or paste as plain text.

What device are you using ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Basket Case said:


No character limit as far as l know.
When you right click to paste, do you not have an option for paste or paste as plain text.

What device are you using ?

No, I do when I send emails, but not here.

I am using a desktop and Firefox/ mazilla and Opera browsers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, epsom said:

No, I do when I send emails, but not here.

I am using a desktop and Firefox/ mazilla and Opera browsers.

That's odd.
I like Firefox but use Chrome for this forum.
My right click gives me those options.
Perhaps use Chrome until the forum is totally debugged ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Basket Case said:

That's odd.
I like Firefox but use Chrome for this forum.
My right click gives me those options.
Perhaps use Chrome until the forum is totally debugged ?

I just used Chrome and posted in plain text..... still comes up as blocked.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, epsom said:

I just used Chrome and posted in plain text..... still comes up as blocked.

Sorry to hear that.
Are there hyperlinks in the text ?
If so, can you post the text without them, then once posted then edit them in ?
And / or - As it's 700 words ? - maybe split it into 2 or 3 separate posts ?
There must be a way of getting your words onto here..
Sheer persistence works most times.
Or patience with the webmaster.
Thanks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, awake said:

I have never had any blocked from posting messages but i do get the blocked message by cloudflare. The only way in for me is to use an incognito window in chrome

Just used chrome in incognito window  and in plain text without links....----same result from Cloudflare.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is this forum still using Cloudflare?.

 

No matter what I do, different browsers, plain text, leaving out links, etc  etc...... I am always blocked from having my post published.

It is not offensive in any way..it is my rant about the covid scam.......

 

Why does it allow me to post this and replies to other post's and not my 700 word rant?.... ( yes, I have tried to post in two parts to see if that is any good, but same thing happens.).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, screamingeagle said:

let admins and web masters decide that.....

 

I have no faith in either ... I believe Gareth is being taken for a ride by "web masters" .... they will be being paid by the hour and take months to do what should take hours ....

 

This "new" forum works just as badly as the old one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, oz93666 said:

 

I have no faith in either ... I believe Gareth is being taken for a ride by "web masters" .... they will be being paid by the hour and take months to do what should take hours ....

 

This "new" forum works just as badly as the old one. 

Give it time. 

2 new full time Webmasters. 

Not on an hourly. 

Lots to sort out. 

Rebuilding this forum was a change of plan so give the Admin team some space. 

Chill and be patient please.. 

Peace 🙂

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...