A Place for Sharing Books etc

Actually, er, it's an old sales trick I employed from my days as a market trader!

Make an obvious spelling mistake and people will stop to laugh at it and point it out to others, ....................... but at least they STOPPED and paid attention, which is exactly what you were trying to achieve.

That's my excuse anyway! 😋

Untenable: The True Story of White Ethnic Flight from America's Cities

"I asked one lifelong friend, a Democrat, why he and his widowed mother finally left our block in the early 1970s, 20 years after the first African-American families moved in. He searched for the right set of words, and then simply said, “It became untenable.” When I asked what “untenable” meant, he answered, “When your mother gets mugged for the second time, that’s untenable. When your home gets broken into for the second time, that’s untenable.” In researching this project, I found myself repeatedly stunned by the failure of self-described experts on white flight to ask those accused of fleeing why it was they fled. The reason the experts didn’t ask, I discovered, is that they were afraid of what they might learn."

image.png.aad87fd3980fc6cd101a6699b088755c.png

https://www.amazon.com/Untenable-Ethnic-Flight-Americas-Cities/dp/1637586469/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2DM23KLCK6QU&keywords=cashill+untenable&qid=1674574125&sprefix=cashill+untenable%2Caps%2C242&sr=8-2

• Thanks 1

Virus Mania ,

How the Medical Industry Continually Invents Epidemics making Billion Dollar Profits At Our Expense,

by Tosten Engelbrecht,Dr Claus Kohnlein,MD, Dr Samantha Bailey,MD

,Dr Stefano Scoglio,BSc PhD,

3rd edition 2021, published by Books on Demand 

ie how scientists don't often truly follow scientific method  or verifiable research is not carried out 

and techniques like

"Clustering"   and propaganda are used to give Perception of epidemic not taking into account changes in nutrition, sanitation, environmental toxins and toxic vaccines etc

etc 

& How peer reviewers aren't often fact checked themselves! 

this book helps expose this 

Edited by Talorgan
  • Thanks 2

On 6/26/2023 at 12:39 PM, webtrekker said:

Actually, er, it's an old sales trick I employed from my days as a market trader!

Make an obvious spelling mistake and people will stop to laugh at it and point it out to others, ....................... but at least they STOPPED and paid attention, which is exactly what you were trying to achieve.

That's my excuse anyway! 😋

I said something similar to that to Sid the market trader in the Bullring, he was selling large toilet rolls 'Bigger rolls, more sheets'! I said 'Are they Spanish toilet rolls then Sid'?🤔

It went right over his head!

Has anyone tried the new style Mexican toilet rolls yet?

trump.jpg.befd8ade0cf7ba6f033f46df354a8724.jpg

Edited by Mr Crabtree
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2023 at 4:46 PM, Certified Green of Heart said:

Sounds a lot like the truth that.

Also the book reminds me

where evidence clearly shows medications cause harm they are hushed up or ignored .

WHO is not fit to keep declaring  pandemics based on no real scientific evidence

so interested parties and shareholders get billions profiting out of unnecessary dangerous wasteful drugs  and polluting plastic rubbish .

Edited by Talorgan
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sacred Soil ; Biochar And Regeneration of Earth 

By Robert Tindall ,

Frederique Apefel -Marglin and David Shearer.

North Atlantic Books ,2017

V Interesting book having read Robert Tindall 's previous book

" Biochar ( or Yana Allpa,black earth). /terra preta agriculture is especially vital in this region (Amazon) because capable of transforming degraded and totally infertile lands as quickly as in one season"

So even syncretistic new / old paradigm shift locally but globally ! 

Edited by Talorgan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First published as a monthly serial in Florida Magazine 1902, The Iron Republic tells an extraordinary story of Mr. E.W. Barrington’s sea journey in the late 1800’s to Antarctica where he found a passageway through the massive ice wall, and a highly developed civilization, both technologically and socially speaking. 

It is a rare story and presents an ideal of society and government that will make the average reader long to be a citizen of the newly discovered Iron Republic.

aironrepublic.jpg.ab3cb77bae3085231b47fbe90b8c82c1.jpg

1 hour ago, Talorgan said:

Sacred Soil ; Biochar And Regeneration of Earth 

By Robert Tindall ,

Frederique Apefel -Marglin and David Shearer.

North Atlantic Books ,2017

V Interesting book having read Robert Tindall 's previous book

" Biochar ( or Yana Allpa,black earth). /terra preta agriculture is especially vital in this region (Amazon) because capable of transforming degraded and totally infertile lands as quickly as in one season"

Great heads up. I was reading about this last week. At the time I knew I wanted to know more about this. Then as usual, I completely forgot.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bombadil said:

Great heads up. I was reading about this last week. At the time I knew I wanted to know more about this. Then as usual, I completely forgot.

Great minds think alike !

It does seem to be used in neolithic sometimes, around world and perhaps medieval times ,(like Plaggon soil cultivation ?) 

According to this book there seem to be various adaptions depending on sophistication of tribe / culture or a less technical use for small groups but their argument is it is part of whole antidote to some modern industrial soil depleting polluting  agriculture  mind  set   too

,sort of tuning into the biosphere 

Would be interesting to see how it's going there  since book published 2017 ?

And how to adapt it to our northern rainforest climate ,need more technical  details really and how to avoid contaminants if done on large scale from foodstuffs etc 

I suppose here  it could work at different scales too  even create energy 

Edited by Talorgan
  • Thanks 1

I’m looking forward to David’s new book. Really pleased to see an Audio version as well. Great way to listen whilst busy.

I think he spent way too many pages talking about his background in the last book though. I do get that someone is always a new reader though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bombadil said:

I’m looking forward to David’s new book. Really pleased to see an Audio version as well. Great way to listen whilst busy.

I think he spent way too many pages talking about his background in the last book though. I doget that someone is always a new reader though.

Yes the last book was v thought provoking I suppose the nature of consciousness is an on going expansion of awareness ,the background stuff was interesting especially relating to entities that might impersonate people either passed over or still alive .

I often wondered about this eg channelling etc 

The next one, The Dream sounds intriguing 

• Thanks 1

MASS MURDER Official Killing Port Arthur /Tasmania By Keith Allan Nobel

This publication is 700 pages of evidence regarding the massacre in Tasmania by Martin Bryant

This is a difficult read but well worth it,  you can only do a few pages at a time then you have to stop and digest ( think )what it all means

After reading this in my opinion the whole affair stinks and the official line is obviously bullshit.

Keith Allen Nobel is a very good investigative journalist he did a book on police corruption in NSW then moved  to Austria as he pissed a lot of bigwigs off

I was actually in contact with him via email for a while  ,I'm not sure if he is still alive as he was 75 back then 

Edited by peter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Loads and loads of books on Pinterest, I am always seeing suggested (for my angle, that's books like this one as might be good to consider).....So, here is a nice one maybe for nature lovers, and alternative lives lived outside of post modern kaos, to help us diverge away from this mess we call society.

So it seems to be about as the title says quite simply...

The Way Home - Tales from a Life Without Technology - by Mark Boyle.

https://www.worldofbooks.com/en-gb/books/mark-boyle/way-home/GOR009761150

On 8/2/2023 at 8:56 AM, Talorgan said:

I prefer the word fusion maybe over "syncretistic" .... So anyway taking this on board too, I find out this syncretistic word means like making an attempt at fusion of normally just two things. Essentially finding the best from the two things that once harmonized or reconciled can then begin to work in harmony more long term (I guess is the idea).

The phrase I see more often goes like so:- **Think Globally Act Locally**... and relates to environmentalism.... Few people on DI give a damn about their planet it seems to me apparently due to distorted horrible dichotomies, created by hatred - in such a way as to be a tunnel vision mindset, of anything mentioning "planet", "climate" or "environment" on this website all because of green-washing, but I'm putting it out there anyway for anyone that is not fixated just on that one line of thought regarding green-washing which detracts from the appreciation of nature as a whole, so for those that way inclined try not to let whatever your view on climate change spell dis-appreciation for your natural environment more in general !!

IF THAT HAS MADE ANNNNNNNY DIFFERENCE:TO ANYONE- I APPRECIATE YOU!

Sooooo...

Thankyou to anyone who may come to realize you can't fix things unless the fundamental appreciation is underlying and supporting the root cause of why nature is so important (& I mean by its' own accord aside from man), or at least where discernable aside from whatever conspiratorial thing or manipulation *may exist* about weather lies as it appears is the truth about lies on that front I grant you on say some artificial man-made weather narratives, but to focus on that only about the green-washing for example, at the expense of nature more widely, well that to me amounts to betrayal of nature if you ignore the fundamental appreciation of it.

Hence for one thing, why the book I suggested above to name but one example, and I dare say that book may have some words in defence of nature in amongst its' pages too, such as I hope is reflected by my comment as to suggest. 

Delicate Rant over. 😎

(Excuse me Talorgan, just got put in my -SEMI-OFF-TOPIC FLOW- you see of how this came into my head, right at the point of mentioning **Think Globally Act Locally**, and ensuing rant, well that's something I can't just keep to myself, no matter how the majority may try to "gut" what I am saying up in this place) 🫣🙂

Edited by Certified Green of Heart
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Certified Green of Heart said:

I prefer the word fusion maybe over "syncretistic" .... So anyway taking this on board too, I find out this syncretistic word means like making an attempt at fusion of normally just two things. Essentially finding the best from the two things that once harmonized or reconciled can then begin to work in harmony more long term (I guess is the idea).

The phrase I see more often goes like so:- **Think Globally Act Locally**... and relates to environmentalism.... Few people on DI give a damn about their planet it seems to me apparently due to distorted horrible dichotomies, created by hatred - in such a way as to be a tunnel vision mindset, of anything mentioning "planet", "climate" or "environment" on this website all because of green-washing, but I'm putting it out there anyway for anyone that is not fixated just on that one line of thought regarding green-washing which detracts from the appreciation of nature as a whole, so for those that way inclined try not to let whatever your view on climate change spell dis-appreciation for your natural environment more in general !!

IF THAT HAS MADE ANNNNNNNY DIFFERENCE:TO ANYONE- I APPRECIATE YOU!

Sooooo...

Thankyou to anyone who may come to realize you can't fix things unless the fundamental appreciation is underlying and supporting the root cause of why nature is so important (& I mean by its' own accord aside from man), or at least where discernable aside from whatever conspiratorial thing or manipulation *may exist* about weather lies as it appears is the truth about lies on that front I grant you on say some artificial man-made weather narratives, but to focus on that only about the green-washing for example, at the expense of nature more widely, well that to me amounts to betrayal of nature if you ignore the fundamental appreciation of it.

Hence for one thing, why the book I suggested above to name but one example, and I dare say that book may have some words in defence of nature in amongst its' pages too, such as I hope is reflected by my comment as to suggest. 

Delicate Rant over. 😎

(Excuse me Talorgan, just got put in my -SEMI-OFF-TOPIC FLOW- you see of how this came into my head, right at the point of mentioning **Think Globally Act Locally**, and ensuing rant, well that's something I can't just keep to myself, no matter how the majority may try to "gut" what I am saying up in this place) 🫣🙂

Yeah it's important to Separate the con of climate man made fits the bill for globalist technocratic world Control from our Humble attempts at treading softly on Earth *

Corbett explains the former con well here with background .

https://www.corbettreport.com/episode-321-why-big-oil-conquered-the-world/

The book on Biochar partly  by Tindall despite some possible assumptions from consensus in it  does follow the later* as his previous books relating to Amazon plant healing and relationships etc 

• Like 1

The Dream by David Icke,

Great book clearly explains and describes so much 

We managed to gain some freedoms from a feudal system but as explained here we are collectively sleep walking into another technocratic feudal cloud system today.

But   Love-Consciousness can free us as  Awakening from the dream and  hopefully being Conscious in a  mind /dream  too

increasingly so

to avoid being controlled , manipulated and farmed

Edited by Talorgan
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

A book on How you/anybody can make Better Decisions which can make profound difference in world at best, and at least help you in your decision making for everyday life....  I found on Pinterest today.  If I decide to get it, I will let you know, and then make the decisions of everybody that requests me to take control of their affairs on their behalf, just kidding. 🤗

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/59461657573083007/

• Like 1

Here is a nice light hearted read, for the readers of Lady Bird Books for example:

Actually, caution - this is without question gonna be heavy.

"When to Bargain with the Devil, *when to negotiate*?.... (hmmmm)....and then.. When to Fight..."

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/845199055093749010/

Title: Light Therapies: A Complete Guide To The Healing Power Of Light

Author: Anadi Martel

Published: 2018

I wonder how many people are aware of the incandescent lightbulb being as close to natural light of all the artificial options available on the market?

Furthermore, with this being the case, what then could possibly account for the rise and popularity of CFLs and LEDs in recent years, when scientific studies have shown incandescents to be salubrious and the blue light emitted from LEDs in particular, rather problematic, if not outright deleterious to human psychological and physical health?

Although this isn't a book that delves into conspiracy theories, it's difficult for the reader who travels with Alice not to speculate as to the reasons why the movers and shakers of the system have in recent decades taken to demonizing sun-like incandescent lighting while at the same time promoting a light within the electromagnetic spectrum not all that beneficial to the well-being of humans.

We live in a dark period in history in which 'They' want to block out the Sun, spraying the skies as they are, whether out of misplaced paranoia or, more likely, as part of a sinister agenda; where children are socially engineered to play indoors in front of their electronic screens; where even moderate doses of vitamin-D containing sunlight is feared by many; and where the knowledge of the therapeutic effects of Joseph Swan's greatest if sole invention, later patented by Thomas Edison, has been largely suppressed, with books like John Harvey Kellogg's Light Therapeutics (1910) all but totally ignored and forgotten.

After listening to physicist Anadi Martel interviewed by show host Gordon of "Rune Soup," I knew that here was a man on the side of humanity and who was onto something; namely, how significant certain light is to life and health and how some forms are not as healthful as others, even if they are promoted by the cabal as being more 'environmentally friendly' (where else have we heard that line?). That special forms of light can be used medicinally, is also something that no one in support of, say, Big Pharma would want a person to know.

This here is a dense, scientifically based, and highly important publication that ought to be read by anyone who dares to think outside of the LED-lit conceptual box. Was it not God who said, And let there be Anadi Martel to light the way?

Edited by Hegel Schmegel
  • Like 1

One for watching out for people not unlike Elon Musk on the prowl... who show abnormal levels of confidence... Don't know whether he is mentioned in a such a book as this though, lol.

"The Confidence Game" of those looking to lead you on... (Wolf in Sheep's Clothing, is depicted on cover,, so does he -or she- con you everytime??)

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/655133077063890243/