Sign in to follow this  
Stride

What were the hackers trying to achieve

Posted (edited)

As above, what was the point? Seemed they wasted their time as we are all still here, chatting and having a wonderful time?

Edited by Stride

We're not all here, and 90% of the content never came back.  What they were trying to do was shutdown everything related to David Icke, because HIS truth is a direct threat to THEIR lies.  However, we're not going anywhere and neither is David.  The Left might have taken one step too far, as more and more people wake-up to what's actually happening, and more and more people realize what Facebook, Twitter, and Google really are.

If everyone who hates lies and censorship and fraud would just leave these social media sites, they would whither away and die on the vine, because they'd have no one to attack anymore and no one to listen to their insane drivel except themselves.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stride said:

As above, what was the point? Seemed they wasted their time as we are all still here, chatting and having a wonderful time?

Their standard approach is:

1) Try to CONTROL discussion on a site/forum with 20 - 50 troll accounts that attack and ridicule anyone who gets "TOO CLOSE TO THE TRUTH".

2) If that is not feasible, they HACK individual accounts or the ENTIRE forum to try and SUPPRESS the existence and popularity of the forum.

ICKE's Forum is special in that an UNUSUAL RANGE OF HIGH QUALITY INFORMATION comes together in one place.

So the CONTROLLER probably said "LET'S PULL THE FUCKER OFF THE INTERNET FOR A WHILE".

They may also have NEEDED TIME training new TROLLS who will appear on this forum when it comes back from its near-demise.

• Like 1

Apparently hacks of this sort are meant to cause chaos and disruption. And they achieved that imo. The old forum seems to be gone with the wind, members are leaving or fighting each other and the announced new forum has not been put up yet.

This website is in decline and I personally no longer visit every day. das

• Like 1

Yes but I am still here, and so is everyone else posting today. Yes the content loss

is regrettable however really now we are waiting for a new forum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sit down, Waldo said:

Is that what happened to the site from a couple of years ago?

That was massive.

That site was replaced with this "pretty" one because it was supposedly difficult to maintain.  A mountain of good data was lost.  I don't have any proof, but I think there was a cry from some people on the old forum to make it "pretty" for mobile users, so the old site had to be dumbed down like everything else today so we can all conform to mobile users who are so addicted to the internet they have to take it everywhere they go.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, motleyhoo said:

That site was replaced with this "pretty" one because it was supposedly difficult to maintain.  A mountain of good data was lost.  I don't have any proof, but I think there was a cry from some people on the old forum to make it "pretty" for mobile users, so the old site had to be dumbed down like everything else today so we can all conform to mobile users who are so addicted to the internet they have to take it everywhere they go.

I used to find David's site slow to navigate, so would often jump across to the forum instead. There was so much there, I often didn't get past the Todays News section...there was a long daily post from someone who connected everything with numbers? It's a real shame if content was lost though.

1 hour ago, motleyhoo said:

I recall seeing this all explained in a post that Gareth made not long after the 'new' David Icke Social was launched.

The 'old' David Icke Forum (DIF) was running an old version of Vbulletin, and was susceptible to spambots. In order to 'fix' certain security issues and add new functionality, an upgrade of the Vbulletin core software had to be done, but the software providers had ramped up the price of their software.

A decision was made to 'retire' the old DIF and launch a brand new forum (this David Icke Social), using Invision Community software, which is more modern and up-to-date and added new functionality and features. The idea was to disable registration on the old forum, thus making it 'read-only', and to keep it as an 'archive'. What I did find odd was that there never seemed to be any 'direct link' to the old DIF, so that new members here could easily access the 'archived' forum.

As all the 'pre-hack' posts have been removed, I'm working from memory here, so I'm happy for Gareth Icke to correct me if I'm wrong on anything here.

• Like 1

I don't know, but the new one is taking a while so I'm expecting time portals, food replicators, actual holograms of David talking, every thread ever made tidied up with shills removed ......a naughty step for @Basket Case 

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

I recall seeing this all explained in a post that Gareth made not long after the 'new' David Icke Social was launched.

The 'old' David Icke Forum (DIF) was running an old version of Vbulletin, and was susceptible to spambots. In order to 'fix' certain security issues and add new functionality, an upgrade of the Vbulletin core software had to be done, but the software providers had ramped up the price of their software.

A decision was made to 'retire' the old DIF and launch a brand new forum (this David Icke Social), using Invision Community software, which is more modern and up-to-date and added new functionality and features. The idea was to disable registration on the old forum, thus making it 'read-only', and to keep it as an 'archive'. What I did find odd was that there never seemed to be any 'direct link' to the old DIF, so that new members here could easily access the 'archived' forum.

As all the 'pre-hack' posts have been removed, I'm working from memory here, so I'm happy for Gareth Icke to correct me if I'm wrong on anything here.

"More modern and up to date" means to me dumbed down to look nice on mobile devices.  Just look at how much unused white space there is on every page and how much scrolling you have to do.  It's all about scrolling/swiping now, but they call this new functionality, because all of the millions of people now who cannot stand to be alone with themselves and their own thoughts, they have to be on their devices 24/7, addicted to digital distraction even when they're travelling about.  One of the healthiest things a person can do, and it's something we should be doing at least once per day, is sitting alone with our own thoughts and just zoning out or daydreaming for a while.  like sitting on a bus, watching the world go by in a semi-meditative state. Today, people cannot stand to do this for even a few seconds, and they have to be staring at their phones with more and more information overload of stuff that actually does not matter at all, and the price we pay for this insanity is cell towers and 5G everywhere we look and surrounding our neighbourhoods, zapping our brains even while we're asleep at night. Sorry for the rant, but this stuff really pisses me off.

• Like 2

On 6/24/2020 at 9:08 PM, motleyhoo said:

"More modern and up to date" means to me dumbed down to look nice on mobile devices.  Just look at how much unused white space there is on every page and how much scrolling you have to do.  It's all about scrolling/swiping now, but they call this new functionality, because all of the millions of people now who cannot stand to be alone with themselves and their own thoughts, they have to be on their devices 24/7, addicted to digital distraction even when they're travelling about.  One of the healthiest things a person can do, and it's something we should be doing at least once per day, is sitting alone with our own thoughts and just zoning out or daydreaming for a while.  like sitting on a bus, watching the world go by in a semi-meditative state. Today, people cannot stand to do this for even a few seconds, and they have to be staring at their phones with more and more information overload of stuff that actually does not matter at all, and the price we pay for this insanity is cell towers and 5G everywhere we look and surrounding our neighbourhoods, zapping our brains even while we're asleep at night. Sorry for the rant, but this stuff really pisses me off.

l agree with you about phone zombies.
But.....if 'we here' can catch the attention of some of those young phone zombies by being easily accessible to them, then that should be a good thing.
Fingers crossed and all..

• Like 1

On 6/24/2020 at 5:38 PM, Stride said:

Mate. Archives have gone. Thread apon thread about stuff that's going on. This site wasnt the only one hit.