Could it be that social media sites don't ban 'fake news' posts because they are true?

In response to the ITV article on this site today complaining about Social Media sites actually leaving alone most posts considered by some as fake news, I just want to comment that perhaps this is because the vetters too realize that the information in these posts is actually true? I have noted in the past couple of weeks that I can share so many of the videos and articles I find on this site on Facebook. I don't know whether they are simply ghost-banning them, but I don't get that message coming up anymore telling me I am acting against community regulations. I do sometimes, but I always get the option to post anyway, which I then do. I add many videos and articles to my replies to posts or other people's comments on newspaper sites too and that works. I haven't posted anything about Vitamin C and D mentioned in this article, but others clearly have because of course they work as preventions! So, why should they be considered fake information unless it is politically motivated, right? And the grand plan using the 77th brigade may even be back-firing somewhat? These people may have brains after all? That would be brilliant! And who knows, perhaps "the Forces for Good" are influencing them? I so hope that is true!

The social-media moderators seem to be quick to remove some posts related to material that goes against the narrative.

It's a shame they are not so quick to take action against all the shitty scammers with their fake competitions giving away Range Rovers or campervans. They're also quite happy to take money from Chinese scammers for 'sponsored posts' advertising websites that are 'closing down' whose domain names were only registered a few weeks ago.

Social media is just a cess-pit. It was bad enough during the 'Brexit days', then through the 'covid-panic', but the recent Black Lives Matter stuff is really driving rifts between people, including friends I have known for years, both black and white.

Its evil and destructive. Some of my friends and family already think I am some kind of 'far-right nutter' simply because I think differently, say what I want to say, and don't go along with the 'official narrative'.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Social media rewires people's brains into a kind of group think, where they get all of their "news" from inside echo chambers of only information that reinforces their defective beliefs.  They no longer even believe in learning alternative points of view.  They're right and you're wrong, and if you don't like it, it's because you're an idiot, or a racist, or a sexist, or a bigot, or a selfish right wing redneck.  That's all of social media in a nutshell.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

You are NOT dealing with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and so forth for starters.

Behind those COMPANY NAMES are VERY, VERY RICH INVESTORS who MADE THEIR MONEY IN OTHER INDUSTRIES who ULTIMATELY DECIDE WHAT HAPPENS.

So when you say "FACEBOOK LABELED MY POST FAKE NEWS", it actually means "RICH INVESTORS FROM OIL, PHARMA, AUTOMOTIVE, CHEMICALS AND PLASTICS DON'T WANT THIS INFORMATION TO BE SEEN".

There is NO Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. There is BIG, RICH, POWERFUL MONEY FROM ELSEWHERE that is LOOKING TO MAKE MORE EASY MONEY USING A FUCKING WEBSITE.

TPTB knew 30 YEARS AGO THAT CONTROLLED TELEVISION IS DYING. They needed a "NEW CONTROLLED TELEVISION" for the 2010s and 2020s.

So they pretended for a few years that "THERE IS FREEEEEDOM IN SOCIAL MEDIA". Once 3 BILLION PEOPLE WERE ON IT, they decided "NOW IT BECOMES CONTROLLED LIKE GOOD OLD FASHIONED 20TH CENTURY TELEVISION AND RADIO".

BILLIONAIRES are the LAST PEOPLE ON EARTH who want TOTALLY FREE EXCHANGE OF INFORMATION.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

Yes - and Facebook has done the same. But Facebook then took down the post which exposed the corresponding "fact check" (which I saw with my own eyes)...

Let them censor and contest stuff. This just means that we'll have DECENTRALIZED Social Media - not tied to any particular company or data center - all the quicker.

If anyone can create a "Bitchute-like Version of Facebook", I guarantee you it'll hit 100 Million active users in less than 5 months.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, HistoryIsComplex said:

You are NOT dealing with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and so forth for starters.

Behind those COMPANY NAMES are VERY, VERY RICH INVESTORS who MADE THEIR MONEY IN OTHER INDUSTRIES who ULTIMATELY DECIDE WHAT HAPPENS.

So when you say "FACEBOOK LABELED MY POST FAKE NEWS", it actually means "RICH INVESTORS FROM OIL, PHARMA, AUTOMOTIVE, CHEMICALS AND PLASTICS DON'T WANT THIS INFORMATION TO BE SEEN".

There is NO Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. There is BIG, RICH, POWERFUL MONEY FROM ELSEWHERE that is LOOKING TO MAKE MORE EASY MONEY USING A FUCKING WEBSITE.

TPTB knew 30 YEARS AGO THAT CONTROLLED TELEVISION IS DYING. They needed a "NEW CONTROLLED TELEVISION" for the 2010s and 2020s.

So they pretended for a few years that "THERE IS FREEEEEDOM IN SOCIAL MEDIA". Once 3 BILLION PEOPLE WERE ON IT, they decided "NOW IT BECOMES CONTROLLED LIKE GOOD OLD FASHIONED 20TH CENTURY TELEVISION AND RADIO".

BILLIONAIRES are the LAST PEOPLE ON EARTH who want TOTALLY FREE EXCHANGE OF INFORMATION.

These are good points, but I would add to the mix the various intelligence agencies that are hip-deep in what goes on SM. Without political connivance, SM giants as well as platforms like Google, would be declared common carriers.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 7:43 AM, Dagmar Gross said:

In response to the ITV article on this site today complaining about Social Media sites actually leaving alone most posts considered by some as fake news, I just want to comment that perhaps this is because the vetters too realize that the information in these posts is actually true? I have noted in the past couple of weeks that I can share so many of the videos and articles I find on this site on Facebook. I don't know whether they are simply ghost-banning them, but I don't get that message coming up anymore telling me I am acting against community regulations. I do sometimes, but I always get the option to post anyway, which I then do. I add many videos and articles to my replies to posts or other people's comments on newspaper sites too and that works. I haven't posted anything about Vitamin C and D mentioned in this article, but others clearly have because of course they work as preventions! So, why should they be considered fake information unless it is politically motivated, right? And the grand plan using the 77th brigade may even be back-firing somewhat? These people may have brains after all? That would be brilliant! And who knows, perhaps "the Forces for Good" are influencing them? I so hope that is true!

No brains Dagmar; and the only thing that influences these ‘things’ is money.

Maybe they’re running scared because of this;

MEDIA DEMONIZATION OF PARLER BEGINS AFTER FREE SPEECH NETWORK ATTRACTS FLOOD OF NEW USERS

https://www.infowars.com/media-demonization-of-parler-begins-after-free-speech-network-attracts-flood-of-new-users/

• Like 1

It's not even people who delete or demote a post.  All of these social media sites use bots (algorithms) programmed to find keywords and images that are setup in a database.  They're sophisticated enough now that they can inspect videos and sound files.  These bots are also using "fact check' databases to make sure your post/video conforms to mainstream group think.  Zuckerberg told the US congress right to their faces that they would be using "extreme left-wing progressive rules" to setup these algorithms.  Those were his exact words.  In other words, they're making sure their sites conform to a Marxist ideology and anything else will be censored.

On 6/23/2020 at 8:12 PM, motleyhoo said:

Social media rewires people's brains into a kind of group think, where they get all of their "news" from inside echo chambers of only information that reinforces their defective beliefs.  They no longer even believe in learning alternative points of view.  They're right and you're wrong, and if you don't like it, it's because you're an idiot, or a racist, or a sexist, or a bigot, or a selfish right wing redneck.  That's all of social media in a nutshell.

When it can be such a great tool to communicate useful information too! I do thankfully still find Facebook pages with mostly intelligent people on them and I have countered some idiots on other pages quite aggressively over time, but always remaining polite, trying to show my superiority over them. They are clearly the ignorant fools and I can always prove that I have researched a subject I comment about. I call them trolls, too, at times. :classic_smile: Which they often are. All that tends to shut them up. Like David always says, this sort won't debate constructively and are too lazy to dig a little for information. To cover that up, they insult others with an opposing opinion.

16 hours ago, jonesthepost said:

No brains Dagmar; and the only thing that influences these ‘things’ is money.

Only thing that influences these things is power. This is why they don't care if they get woke and go broke. As long as they push the progessive agenda they're happy. In a future where they can get rid of the majority of the population and automate everything they won't need consumers to make sure they remain wealthy. The machines will guarantee that they can still have abundance.

1 hour ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

Only thing that influences these things is power. This is why they don't care if they get woke and go broke. As long as they push the progessive agenda they're happy. In a future where they can get rid of the majority of the population and automate everything they won't need consumers to make sure they remain wealthy. The machines will guarantee that they can still have abundance.

I know what you’re saying, but they seem to equate money with power; the more money they have, the more powerful they think they are.

Which to me seems to indicate psychopathy; I mean, how much money do you need?

They are not ‘sane’ at all, they are megolamaniacs of course.

Do you think these losers will be happy with just a few humans around, with mainly AI?

Will they get the same feelings of superiority, power? I wonder.

5 hours ago, jonesthepost said:

I know what you’re saying, but they seem to equate money with power; the more money they have, the more powerful they think they are.

Do you think these losers will be happy with just a few humans around, with mainly AI?

Money definitely plays it's role, but facebook recently introduced a censorship board and it's dominated by leftists.

14 hours ago, jonesthepost said:

It's because there's a competition going on that no one talks about.  These types of people who seem to never have enough of something are also highly competitive.  It's not just about having more money or more power, it's about having more than anyone else.  It's about having more than the other rich assholes they're competing with.   They all want to get their name at the very top of the list of the richest people, and they work at it 24/7.  That's the way all of these people are.  It's like a game to them, and they absolutely keep track of each other to see where they all stand on the list at all times.

3 hours ago, motleyhoo said:

It's because there's a competition going on that no one talks about.  These types of people who seem to never have enough of something are also highly competitive.  It's not just about having more money or more power, it's about having more than anyone else.  It's about having more than the other rich assholes they're competing with.   They all want to get their name at the very top of the list of the richest people, and they work at it 24/7.  That's the way all of these people are.  It's like a game to them, and they absolutely keep track of each other to see where they all stand on the list at all times.

I don’t know about others here, but to me that’s incomprehensible; and I still can’t figure out why they are like that ?

It’s too much like hard work to me.

1 hour ago, jonesthepost said:

I don’t know about others here, but to me that’s incomprehensible; and I still can’t figure out why they are like that ?

It’s too much like hard work to me.

I don't either, but they're obsessed with it.  You ever see a 75 year old billionaire retire?  80?  They don't, because they continue to play the game until they day they die.

• Like 1