Jump to content

One month after hack this forum is still a mess


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gareth has told me, today, that the new forum will be very soon .... that it looks great and is all complete .... and they are only considering now when to move all the posts from this current forum.

I comprehend why Oz has made this thread .... I would have done the same.   I will not discuss emails nor private messages .... but I agree with the 'tone' of the thread.   Doing s

I am constantly being blocked ...Almost given up posting ....   Does anyone out there care this forum is crumbling ? ... Is there anyone working on this problem ??   What happened

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Grumpy Owl said:

 

Anyone with a bit of technical knowledge can set up and start a new forum, that's the relatively easy bit.

 

I wasn't going to, but I added a forum to my own website:

http://thegrumpyowl.co.uk/forum/

 

The trick is getting people to join in and get involved. And making sure you keep the 'disruptors' at bay, so to speak.

 

 

I don't like seeing the term 'defected' being used, people should be free to join any online community they want to. Done properly, they can all complement each other nicely, and as long as contributors share their content in as many places as possible, 'all is not lost' if ever one site gets hacked or taken down.

 

That was the whole point of my "Tips on preserving your own forum contributions" thread here. If you have interesting research, then post in as many places as you can, or start your own blog website.

 

If anyone here wants to join my new forum, then welcome on board, but no bitching or moaning about this site or any others for that matter. I have no desire to 'compete' with or 'rival' any other forum, and I also don't want people to consider this as a 'defection'. Consider it as another place for 'alternative thinking', somewhere else to save your thoughts, comments or research.

Yes agree.  Wrong word sorry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Nobby Noboddy said:

I'll join I think, why not?

 

I like the site overall too, I'm just watching the manchester bombing vid.

 

AND you can save a copy! How do you embed them like that?

 

 

 

Yeah, agree good overall site... I found the article title from May 9th - quite funny: Some people don’t want the lockdown to end. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

 

Anyone with a bit of technical knowledge can set up and start a new forum, that's the relatively easy bit.

 

I wasn't going to, but I added a forum to my own website:

http://thegrumpyowl.co.uk/forum/

 

 

Well done Owl ... a practical solution ...I'll go and check out your forum..... We all need to rally to new forums as an insurance policy against future hacks or censorship. 

 

My point about anyone opening up a forum is that I assume forum providers make it fairly easy for the average guy ...

 

All we need is to start again a new DI  from scratch , everyone re-register .... 

 

If Gareth wan'ts to transfer existing posts and membership  from here  to a new forum the "web master" can stretch it out , spend weeks on it ....paid by the hour a web master can hold management hostage , what you gonna do?? 

 

I could imagine the "web master"  maybe MI5 ... Gareth can take the power back by just starting a basic forum from scratch ....It ain't rocket science! 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ink said:

I comprehend why Oz has made this thread .... I would have done the same.

 

I will not discuss emails nor private messages .... but I agree with the 'tone' of the thread.

 

Doing such things as @GarethIcke will lead nowhere .... maybe email him from the main site page or from Ickonic links?

 

Gareth needs to step up and inform you all of the .... intention.

 

For me it is simple and I have stated this a few times ....

 

A forum is like a dead body .... no movement.

It is the life and time given by those who research and then create posts which breaths an existence into that potential.

Code is nothing without that 'breath'!

A forum .... IS THE MEMBERS

 

5 million + posts on the 'old' forum.

Approx 120 thousand posts on the 'social' forum.

 

And now you have spent YOUR time in researching and creating .... somewhere over 6000 posts in this 'temp' section .... which should have lasted for a day or two :(

 

I greatly respect the decades of work done by David .... but much of that knowledge would have been drawn from those who posted on the forums.

 

You active 'posters' deserve much more respect.

 

The book burning is happening right now in front of your eyes .... and that makes me sad for those who will have to live a life from now : (

 

The 80's was bloody great .... lol : )

 

 

I’ve thought for a while now that the Ickes don’t really want a forum; that they’d rather concentrate on Ickonic, which if true, would be a pity.

 

The loss of the old forum; the ‘downgrading’ - in a way - to the DI Social, then the hack.  Just seems, imo, a road to letting it -the forum - go.

 

Ive ‘been with’ David for a long long time, and to me his work is about closest to anything resembling ‘truth’ - esoteric stuff and all, but I will never join Ickonic because, to me, the sub is expensive, and I know a lot of people can’t manage it, especially now; and, to me again, it feels vaguely elitist; only those who can afford it get admittance to the ‘inner sanctum’.

 

I get that a platform like Ickonic incurs expense but why was it started; David was getting the word out ok before that with DI.com.

Perhaps I’m just being old; don’t like change.

 

And I agree with you ink, many of the posters over the years have provided invaluable input, and put David’s work out there for many more to look into.

 

Anyway, what will be will be; I hope he keeps his current website.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jonesthepost said:

 

I’ve thought for a while now that the Ickes don’t really want a forum; that they’d rather concentrate on Ickonic, which if true, would be a pity.

 

The loss of the old forum; the ‘downgrading’ - in a way - to the DI Social, then the hack.  Just seems, imo, a road to letting it -the forum - go.

 

Ive ‘been with’ David for a long long time, and to me his work is about closest to anything resembling ‘truth’ - esoteric stuff and all, but I will never join Ickonic because, to me, the sub is expensive, and I know a lot of people can’t manage it, especially now; and, to me again, it feels vaguely elitist; only those who can afford it get admittance to the ‘inner sanctum’.

 

I get that a platform like Ickonic incurs expense but why was it started; David was getting the word out ok before that with DI.com.

Perhaps I’m just being old; don’t like change.

 

And I agree with you ink, many of the posters over the years have provided invaluable input, and put David’s work out there for many more to look into.

 

Anyway, what will be will be; I hope he keeps his current website.

 

Some people have the money and they can do things, like for example join a site that not all can afford... But you can't buy Truth... it comes to you no matter what in the end, nobody that sits on real wisdom will keep it secret it is shared for free. He has already done a lot for his part, he has his way. We have ours. Truth has its.

 

I haven't joined Ickonic and I didn't join Peoples Voice - all my life I have been quite poor. I first heard of David Icke 10 years ago. I didn't find the need to join Peoples Voice or Ickonic. . . but if I have more money than I need maybe I can sub for support or something like that. If we get monetary resources we get the option to enhance life for us and most importantly for the generations to come . . . who are to live in harmony with the Nature/Planet. Many things need to be done without money as well... life in harmony with Nature can't be purchased either... often hard work is required.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, THESTRONG-THEVALIANT said:

 

Some people have the money and they can do things, like for example join a site that not all can afford... But you can't buy Truth... it comes to you no matter what in the end, nobody that sits on real wisdom will keep it secret it is shared for free. He has already done a lot for his part, he has his way. We have ours. Truth has its.

 

I haven't joined Ickonic and I didn't join Peoples Voice - all my life I have been quite poor. I first heard of David Icke 10 years ago. I didn't find the need to join Peoples Voice or Ickonic. . . but if I have more money than I need maybe I can sub for support or something like that. If we get monetary resources we get the option to enhance life for us and most importantly for the generations to come . . . who are to live in harmony with the Nature/Planet. Many things need to be done without money as well... life in harmony with Nature can't be purchased either... often hard work is required.

 

 

I tend to agree. However even though i am part jobless and don't own a house I am on the whole a free marketeer from the way i understand it. And I don't begrudge the ickes for doing this with ickonic (i know you don't either.) Personally i think Icke and his sons are brilliant and they like us have to put roofs over their heads. And i don't think everything should be free. 

 

I do however think there is still an abundance of information out there despite all the censorship, and haven't seen evidence from the promotion of ickonic that it would be worth spending that amount for me, but i haven't subscribed so i don't know for sure. The peoples voice i donated a significant anount to and i said on one of my first posts here i wasn't happy with the way David dealt with it after it all went tits up. It was also promoted as a television show. Which it wasn't. And i am not suggesting David did this out of malice because i genuinely believe he is a nice bloke, looking back he was probably pissed off with it all which is understandable. My issue was he appeared to have a lack of responsibility when it all went wrong.

 

All that aside, its in the past and i for one hope David and his family, (clearly all very talented) and seem to have a lot of integrity, and seem decent people, thrive and prosper which i know they will. 

 

In terms of the forum, i think its vital personally. In todays soundbite world we need information and communication like this. Well thought well written well researched posts from members, and mature discussions is a must and has and is still taking place here. It is much less toxic than social media. There was a thread on the old forum titled the death of forums. It is essential for gathering and discussing topics i truly believe that. 

 

So i really hope that this place doesn't die out because of frustrations, or go completely. If anything that attack hack or whatever it was told us surely we are on the right path? 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fluke said:

 

So i really hope that this place doesn't die out because of frustrations, or go completely. If anything that attack hack or whatever it was told us surely we are on the right path? 

Me too. Even though the forum is like a brain injury patient at the moment I think it's still a place of free speech and there still seem to be quite a few peeps (not sheeps) here.

 

I think what Grumpyowl pointed out has more to it. If anyone who can, creates a forum and these many forums are kept interlinked by the crossover of attendees sharing the most important posts it would become a lot more difficult to 'police'.

 

In addition we should have several places where we can store important videos, documents and books to be downloaded. I have an underused hosting package available to me and when I can find time will start to accumulate stuff - only problem being, what do we keep?

 

Oh, and I have no illusions that even having things on my hard drive or hosting is no protection from ultimate deletion but we do what we can.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Nobby Noboddy said:

Me too. Even though the forum is like a brain injury patient at the moment I think it's still a place of free speech and there still seem to be quite a few peeps (not sheeps) here.

 

I think what Grumpyowl pointed out has more to it. If anyone who can, creates a forum and these many forums are kept interlinked by the crossover of attendees sharing the most important posts it would become a lot more difficult to 'police'.

 

In addition we should have several places where we can store important videos, documents and books to be downloaded. I have an underused hosting package available to me and when I can find time will start to accumulate stuff - only problem being, what do we keep?

 

Oh, and I have no illusions that even having things on my hard drive or hosting is no protection from ultimate deletion but we do what we can.

Agreed. I keep thinking a good solid concrete bunker filled with paperbacks for future generations to find would be useful. Then I remember the Sumerian tablets et all and realise mankind has trodden this knowledge destruction path before.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2020 at 1:03 AM, oz93666 said:

I am constantly being blocked ...Almost given up posting ....

 

Does anyone out there care this forum is crumbling ? ... Is there anyone working on this problem ??

 

What happened to the new forum promised to open 1st of June .... 

 

Anyone can start a new forum in one day ...!!

 

Piss up in a brewery! 

 

Oz. It's a bit of a coincidence isnt it? In the biggest push of censorship ive ever seen, an alternative site like this has been curtailed. Could the owners of this forum been forced into obeying restrictions? I dunno mate. Just stinks. It's not like the owners can come on and say sorry lads but we've had to delete all history and bend over for the overlords.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I went through truthzone to read what they thought was going on here.  It should be 'required reading' before anyone gets involved here imo.

 

Lots of members and ex members post there.  

 

Why people join David Icke when they only seem to agree with a tiny amount of what he says is beyond me. I know we all believe in various levels of it ( I was about 60 % pretty near 99% now). But some of them seem to agree with pretty much none of it...anyhoo.

 

After visiting I then showered and disinfected all the hate germs off me (and I'm only talking about a few threads and a few people -  there seems to be a lot of good folk over there too it was the abuse unkindness and hatred that was vile and it seemed to appear particularly in any Icke thread). Novum who runs that place must have the patience of a saint and skin of a rhino. Total respect to him/her.

 

Anyway ..over 'there"  Those who feel they are more 'in the know"  seem to be INDICATING they think either 1 or all the below scenarios are likely

 

1) David has had enough of the forum it causes trouble and could be used as a tool against the family

 

2) the forum doesn't generate income and therefore David is not bothered with it. (bollox to that - that would never be a thing that david would be concerned about from what Ive seen)

 

3) the information  gleaned from the forum is widely available elsewhere anyway.

 

4) several queries over who or what destroyed the old data. Who does it suit to have the information missing with the clear intimation that it is not just the censorship people removing data. Ie it could be restored but it may be better suppressed. What's useful is now published elsewhere.  

 

5) a new forum might go up under a paywall.

 

6) the new webmaster is taking the family for a ride charging them to build a forum which could be done much more easily.

 

7) a new, fully restored, old data reinstated, wonderful spanking gorgeous free new forum is..unlikely? But not impossible. 

 

8) perhaps they are hoping for it to 'fade away' this from someone over there who seems to say they know David personally  but whom everyone and their dog seems to think is a deluded nutjob. (I saw why)

 

If I've missed anything please some of you lurkers feel free to drop in.

 

Now.. I pay for ickonic and I can totally see the need for those of us who can, to support a paid source of independent tv viewing.  Its not great but i think it will be. Bit annoyed I still paid for 'renegade separately but ok. I also see that a lot of what DI  earns is put straight back into his website books and tours to promote the spreading of the truth. I'd pay for a forum but perhaps on a ' I pay for one 'and two get in free system or some such sponsor  maybe after they've been free posting for a week or so and mods could decide. Dunno. Just dont like the thought of low income people who need to access truth being unable to.

 

Also wouldn't want my name linked to some of the [email protected] that goes on on all forums must be a complete legal nightmare especially with a name like Icke that puts you right in the spotlight . So I get it if it's difficult to wade through the legal minefield especially right now.

 

I'd like to see some form or way we can support or subsidise lower income people to be able to view ICKONIC  too.

 

 

From what I've seen of the Ickes they want nothing but the spreading of the truth and freedom for people.

 

I'm not surprised Muir needs a rest. Have nothing but admiration for him/her. You too ink and screaming. 

 

Nothing other than option 7 above has been intimated here on this forum as far as I can see.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by kj35
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

@kj35 just had a look the forum looks interesting.

 

Looks like this forum is on its way out then. 

 

Yeah seems to be one chap lapping up the drama. Always one dickhead stirring up trouble. You would have thought there is enough going on in the world to keep us interested (i know we are all getting sick to death of the incoming tyranny) but this prick is trolling. 

 

Nah this place is better ?

Edited by Fluke
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got 2 threads which I've being trying to post since I signed up here (not long ago).

 

All backed up with links, pictures, videos, URL's etc. ... just to get a conversation going.

 

Can't do it... so did it on other forums.

 

Here... keep coming up with I'm banned :(... absolutely no disrespect to the mods.

Edited by Sentient Being
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2020 at 4:16 PM, kj35 said:

Well I went through truthzone to read what they thought was going on here.  It should be 'required reading' before anyone gets involved here imo.

 

Well I haven't got time to read 351 pages so I'll take your words for it.

 

On 6/17/2020 at 4:16 PM, kj35 said:

Lots of members and ex members post there.  

 

Why people join David Icke when they only seem to agree with a tiny amount of what he says is beyond me. I know we all believe in various levels of it ( I was about 60 % pretty near 99% now). But some of them seem to agree with pretty much none of it...anyhoo.

 

After visiting I then showered and disinfected all the hate germs off me (and I'm only talking about a few threads and a few people -  there seems to be a lot of good folk over there too it was the abuse unkindness and hatred that was vile and it seemed to appear particularly in any Icke thread). Novum who runs that place must have the patience of a saint and skin of a rhino. Total respect to him/her.

 

WELL DONE! :classic_biggrin:

 

On 6/17/2020 at 4:16 PM, kj35 said:

 

Anyway ..over 'there"  Those who feel they are more 'in the know"  seem to be INDICATING they think either 1 or all the below scenarios are likely

 

1) David has had enough of the forum it causes trouble and could be used as a tool against the family

 

It has caused problems over the years and I'm sure they know that it could be used against the family hence we have mods to keep an eye on it. It's nothing new. If that was the case, he wouldn't have bothered with the new forum in the first place. :classic_rolleyes:

 

The following comments are not directed at you per se kj.

On 6/17/2020 at 4:16 PM, kj35 said:

 

2) the forum doesn't generate income and therefore David is not bothered with it. (bollox to that - that would never be a thing that david would be concerned about from what Ive seen)

 

I don't think he's that bothered about earning from the forum. He has enough.

 

On 6/17/2020 at 4:16 PM, kj35 said:

3) the information  gleaned from the forum is widely available elsewhere anyway.

 

That's true but the difference is people participating for discussion which brings different flavours. Hence each truth community is different.

 

On 6/17/2020 at 4:16 PM, kj35 said:

4) several queries over who or what destroyed the old data. Who does it suit to have the information missing with the clear intimation that it is not just the censorship people removing data. Ie it could be restored but it may be better suppressed. What's useful is now published elsewhere.  

 

It it's gone, it's gone. No point in speculating. You don't know the ins and outs, therefore, you'll never know. This is like much of the psy-op incidences. People speculate what happened in the city in US, you were not there.

 

On 6/17/2020 at 4:16 PM, kj35 said:

5) a new forum might go up under a paywall.

 

I doubt it. Paywall won't solve anything.

 

On 6/17/2020 at 4:16 PM, kj35 said:

6) the new webmaster is taking the family for a ride charging them to build a forum which could be done much more easily.

 

7) a new, fully restored, old data reinstated, wonderful spanking gorgeous free new forum is..unlikely? But not impossible. 

 

8) perhaps they are hoping for it to 'fade away' this from someone over there who seems to say they know David personally  but whom everyone and their dog seems to think is a deluded nutjob. (I saw why)

 

If I've missed anything please some of you lurkers feel free to drop in.

 

Now.. I pay for ickonic and I can totally see the need for those of us who can, to support a paid source of independent tv viewing.  Its not great but i think it will be. Bit annoyed I still paid for 'renegade separately but ok. I also see that a lot of what DI  earns is put straight back into his website books and tours to promote the spreading of the truth. I'd pay for a forum but perhaps on a ' I pay for one 'and two get in free system or some such sponsor  maybe after they've been free posting for a week or so and mods could decide. Dunno. Just dont like the thought of low income people who need to access truth being unable to.

 

Also wouldn't want my name linked to some of the [email protected] that goes on on all forums must be a complete legal nightmare especially with a name like Icke that puts you right in the spotlight . So I get it if it's difficult to wade through the legal minefield especially right now.

 

I'd like to see some form or way we can support or subsidise lower income people to be able to view ICKONIC  too.

 

 

From what I've seen of the Ickes they want nothing but the spreading of the truth and freedom for people.

 

I'm not surprised Muir needs a rest. Have nothing but admiration for him/her. You too ink and screaming. 

 

Nothing other than option 7 above has been intimated here on this forum as far as I can see.

 

The impression I got from reading one page on TZ is that there are many egos.

Like children arguing. It's time to grow up lads.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gareth has told me, today, that the new forum will be very soon .... that it looks great and is all complete .... and they are only considering now when to move all the posts from this current forum.

 

There will be no paywall.

 

Edit .... And the forum is VERY MUCH WANTED :)

Edited by ink
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ink said:

Gareth has told me, today, that the new forum will be very soon .... that it looks great and is all complete .... and they are only considering now when to move all the posts from this current forum.

 

There will be no paywall.

 

Edit .... And the forum is VERY MUCH WANTED :)

that is such good news. 

 

because I've looked at the others and this is the one where I feel at home.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, chocomel said:

 

Well I haven't got time to read 351 pages so I'll take your words for it.

 

 

WELL DONE! :classic_biggrin:

 

 

It has caused problems over the years and I'm sure they know that it could be used against the family hence we have mods to keep an eye on it. It's nothing new. If that was the case, he wouldn't have bothered with the new forum in the first place. :classic_rolleyes:

 

The following comments are not directed at you per se kj.

 

I don't think he's that bothered about earning from the forum. He has enough.

 

 

That's true but the difference is people participating for discussion which brings different flavours. Hence each truth community is different.

 

 

It it's gone, it's gone. No point in speculating. You don't know the ins and outs, therefore, you'll never know. This is like much of the psy-op incidences. People speculate what happened in the city in US, you were not there.

 

 

I doubt it. Paywall won't solve anything.

 

 

The impression I got from reading one page on TZ is that there are many egos.

Like children arguing. It's time to grow up lads.

you do make me smile @Chocomel you are a breath of fresh air.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Chocomel said :-Well I haven't got time to read 351 pages so I'll take your words for it.

 

l read super super fast it really annoys everyone who knows me :-)

 

Years of having to assimilate hundreds of pages of documents in very short periods of time at work, with big sums depending on you absorbing the info correctly. I usually only miss nuance of emotion, the facts I rarely miss.

Edited by kj35
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ink said:

Gareth has told me, today, that the new forum will be very soon .... that it looks great and is all complete .... and they are only considering now when to move all the posts from this current forum.

 

There will be no paywall.

 

Edit .... And the forum is VERY MUCH WANTED :)

 

If its ready to go, then go for it! It would be great to have it go live in time for the weekend ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2020 at 7:28 PM, ink said:

 

 

I will not discuss emails nor private messages .... but I agree with the 'tone'  

 

Talking of private messages I note from reading the "DI thread" and the " fun and bloodshed thread" on truthzone dicking around in private messages was a 'thing' in previous forum incarnations. Yet when I mentioned here that I had noticed my pm s had been messed with, no one batted an eyelid.  It might have happened before the hack but I didn't think to check then. Whether it's assumed that I knew about the previous  issue (I didnt) and was making a fuss ..dont know. Anyway , won't mention it again will just leave it here for admin info. 

Edited by kj35
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...