strange unexplained stuff that has happened to you? please share

27 minutes ago, Babywithalaser said:

Actually, come to think of it Kj35...are you getting mixed up? Poundwick was a high school which was two schools, higher and lower..The lower school was off Portway facing the CA youthclub. It was knocked down years ago. It's a housing estate now, my cousin lives on there. The higher is still there although it has been revamped, that's on the corner of Greenwood rd and Simonsway. The willows was called St Peters or something not long back.

No. The junior school was called poundswick juniors too. I think it changed to the willows when they changed all the names after the strike and the graffiti stuff . If you Google poundswick juniors you'll see it's address was tayfield road. I lived nearby. Won't say where as too many muggles.  Suffice to say I know stoneacre road. Opposite the day centre for old and disabled people. Don't know if that's still there. Not been back for years . Once forum up and stable and running I'll share more wythenshawe experiences. I think that whole woodhouse park area was definitely 'off'

Edited by kj35
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just for a bit of fun & interest, a list of stuff that's happened to you that you just can't explain?  (or can?) Add your own, small things, big things,  here’s mine as an example: Extremely ev

It was the long hot summer of 1976 and it was here that I had my first weird experience with the paranormal. I was 16 years old at the time and working on the Isle of Arran in a hotel for the summer

I'm not done with my own weird shit yet, but seeing as you asked.... My mate was off on a night out with his mate and had called to his house. His mate was just about to go in the shower and told

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, kj35 said:

No. The junior school was called poundswick juniors too. I think it changed to the willows when they changed all the names after the strike and the graffiti stuff 

My ex mother in law was right in the middle of the graffiti shit episode. She was the local councillor...I could tell you a mad funny story about that sometime, you'll piss yourself. i didn't know it was called Poundwick juniors by the way, I knew it weren't the willows till very recently.

1 minute ago, Babywithalaser said:

My ex mother in law was right in the middle of the graffiti shit episode. She was the local councillor...I could tell you a mad funny story about that sometime, you'll piss yourself. i didn't know it was called Poundwick juniors by the way, I knew it weren't the willows till very recently.

I'd love to hear it some day. I obviously know the basics as was at the school at the time :-)

1 minute ago, kj35 said:

I'd love to hear it some day. I obviously know the basics as was at the school at the time :-)

I suppose it comes under the weird shit banner...vaguely...The person in question died a while back so it's safe to assume I can put it out there. 

I was good friends, and still am with my ex's brother. When his mum was out, we used to have a smoke in his house. On this occasion there was four of us...We'd just had a sesh on the hot knives and were off our tits giggling...The next thing you know, we could hear the sound of heavy footsteps and a baying mob chanting...we all looked at each other wondering what the fuck it was..Next thing, we hears it getting louder and footsteps so heavy you could feel it through the floorboards..It was someone coming up the path..we stood up and looked through the window...The moment we stood up, a massive bright light shone on through the window off the top of a van and all we could see was a huge crowd of people carrying placards and banners and a couple of them marching towards the door...Just imagine, we were off our heads in a local councillors house...Next..Bang on the door...My mate goes and answers the door with a spliff hanging out of his mouth confronted by a gaggle of mouthy banshees demanding a word with his mum, to which he replied- "tough shit, she ain't in...".....The light was some TV company setting up and the press on the path clicking away...Fuck knows what it was about, but god... it was funny...

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Babywithalaser said:

I suppose it comes under the weird shit banner...vaguely...The person in question died a while back so it's safe to assume I can put it out there. 

I was good friends, and still am with my ex's brother. When his mum was out, we used to have a smoke in his house. On this occasion there was four of us...We'd just had a sesh on the hot knives and were off our tits giggling...The next thing you know, we could hear the sound of heavy footsteps and a baying mob chanting...we all looked at each other wondering what the fuck it was..Next thing, we hears it getting louder and footsteps so heavy you could feel it through the floorboards..It was someone coming up the path..we stood up and looked through the window...The moment we stood up, a massive bright light shone on through the window off the top of a van and all we could see was a huge crowd of people carrying placards and banners and a couple of them marching towards the door...Just imagine, we were off our heads in a local councillors house...Next..Bang on the door...My mate goes and answers the door with a spliff hanging out of his mouth confronted by a gaggle of mouthy banshees demanding a word with his mum, to which he replied- "tough shit, she ain't in...".....The light was some TV company setting up and the press on the path clicking away...Fuck knows what it was about, but god... it was funny...

That's so wythy...:-) 

1 hour ago, kj35 said:

No. The junior school was called poundswick juniors too. I think it changed to the willows when they changed all the names after the strike and the graffiti stuff . If you Google poundswick juniors you'll see it's address was tayfield road. I lived nearby. Won't say where as too many muggles.  Suffice to say I know stoneacre road. Opposite the day centre for old and disabled people. Don't know if that's still there. Not been back for years . Once forum up and stable and running I'll share more wythenshawe experiences. I think that whole woodhouse park area was definitely 'off'

Wow...Can't wait to hear them...I've long been wanting to write a book on Wythy's spooks I've heard some really freaky tales from people I know and trust..I mentioned my cousin who lives on the new estate where poundswick lower was, he recently had an extension built and has had some weird shit happening since. Around the back of the old school a friend of mine had one of the weirdest ghost experiences I've ever heard. My gran used to lived in the flats opposite the day centre, there was always Robin Reliants parked outside..

Edited by Babywithalaser

Hey, pretty new to posting here but thought I might chime in. I've had 3 experiences that have really made me wonder about psychic abilities. For a long time I really scoffed at the idea of anything psychic but these experiences were so strange and inexplicable.

A few years ago I started feeling terrible pain in my upper abdomen/chest area, it was the most dreadful sudden awful pain, my family were trying to convince me to let them call an ambulance I looked so ill. My face was grey and pouring with sweat. Then suddenly it disappeared. An hour or so later I got a message from a close friend telling me she was in hospital with suspected gall stones, they had to give her morphine because the pain in her abdomen and chest was so bad. 

I thought that was spooky, but just a coincidence so I brushed it off. Second time it happened I was at home alone and then started feeling what felt like the worst period pains of my life. Very painful and especially odd because I was on the pill at the time. An hour or so later my sister called, she was pregnant at the time and had gone into labour. 

Last time it happened was last week, I developed a very bad infection in my right eye seemingly overnight, the pain was so bad I could barely open my eye and when I did my vision was blurred. I received a phone call the next day from my dad, he was in hospital about to have surgery on his right eye for a detached retina. 

I've never really believed in this stuff but really I don't know how to explain these happenings.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

My mum only started attending a spiritualist church when she got divorced at the age of 50, and soon found she was quite attuned. She practiced for a few years, but gave up when it started to encroach by getting unbidden messages too frequently when she was busy with other things.

My dad had the same thing. He was a Sub Post Office worker and he said it interfered with serving customers all day so he had to shut it down. The only things he told me from it was this - 

Jesus is never coming back

There is a golden thread of truth in all religions.

I'd like to go to a spiritual church myself one day, but then I also want to go to a Quaker meeting too!

1 hour ago, pi3141 said:

My dad had the same thing. He was a Sub Post Office worker and he said it interfered with serving customers all day so he had to shut it down. The only things he told me from it was this - 

Jesus is never coming back

There is a golden thread of truth in all religions.

I'd like to go to a spiritual church myself one day, but then I also want to go to a Quaker meeting too!

Interesting.

My mum told me years ago, that there was a huge battle between good and evil coming up - that was around 20 years ago that she said it - that they were all girding themselves for, but they did not know the details of what form it would take. She said we will all be touched by evil, and it's how we respond to that that makes all the difference.

The thing that she said she didn't agree with about the Spiritualist Church was that their emphasis was all on Jesus, instead of God. 

3 hours ago, Babywithalaser said:

Wow...Can't wait to hear them...I've long been wanting to write a book on Wythy's spooks I've heard some really freaky tales from people I know and trust..I mentioned my cousin who lives on the new estate where poundswick lower was, he recently had an extension built and has had some weird shit happening since. Around the back of the old school a friend of mine had one of the weirdest ghost experiences I've ever heard. My gran used to lived in the flats opposite the day centre, there was always Robin Reliants parked outside..

It's definitely a weird area. Be interesting to see if my experiences tally with what you know.  Just waiting for new forum as don't want to keep duplicating stuff x 

3 hours ago, Babywithalaser said:

What was your friend's weirdest ghost experience? This area sounds like it has very high electromagnetism.

3 hours ago, DumSpiroSpero said:

Hey, pretty new to posting here but thought I might chime in. I've had 3 experiences that have really made me wonder about psychic abilities. For a long time I really scoffed at the idea of anything psychic but these experiences were so strange and inexplicable.

A few years ago I started feeling terrible pain in my upper abdomen/chest area, it was the most dreadful sudden awful pain, my family were trying to convince me to let them call an ambulance I looked so ill. My face was grey and pouring with sweat. Then suddenly it disappeared. An hour or so later I got a message from a close friend telling me she was in hospital with suspected gall stones, they had to give her morphine because the pain in her abdomen and chest was so bad. 

I thought that was spooky, but just a coincidence so I brushed it off. Second time it happened I was at home alone and then started feeling what felt like the worst period pains of my life. Very painful and especially odd because I was on the pill at the time. An hour or so later my sister called, she was pregnant at the time and had gone into labour. 

Last time it happened was last week, I developed a very bad infection in my right eye seemingly overnight, the pain was so bad I could barely open my eye and when I did my vision was blurred. I received a phone call the next day from my dad, he was in hospital about to have surgery on his right eye for a detached retina. 

I've never really believed in this stuff but really I don't know how to explain these happenings.

Sounds like you are an empath.

Two things stick in my mind but I'll relate one.

I was 19 and on holiday from college. A friend of mine lived in a bedsit which was in the attic of an old Victorian house just off Bury New Road in Prestwich. I visited him and as it was late, I stayed the night, sleeping on the floor in a sleeping bag. I woke up in the early hours with my back on the floor and my legs resting on the door in an "L" shape, if you will. I was jabbering away in a language that my friend did not understand and it felt as though something had dragged me across the floor still in the sleeping bag. I wasn't drunk or stoned, but I was was confused and more than a bit scared. My friend told me that nothing unusual had occurred in that flat before and it was usually quiet and peaceful. I've never been able to explain what happened. 

3 minutes ago, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

I was 19 and on holiday from college. A friend of mine lived in a bedsit which was in the attic of an old Victorian house just off Bury New Road in Prestwich. I visited him and as it was late, I stayed the night, sleeping on the floor in a sleeping bag. I woke up in the early hours with my back on the floor and my legs resting on the door in an "L" shape, if you will. I was jabbering away in a language that my friend did not understand and it felt as though something had dragged me across the floor still in the sleeping bag. I wasn't drunk or stoned, but I was was confused and more than a bit scared. My friend told me that nothing unusual had occurred in that flat before and it was usually quiet and peaceful. I've never been able to explain what happened. 

If it was something other-worldly - it's like they're having a bit of a laugh at us doesn't it - at our expense. Piss-takers.

6 minutes ago, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

That's very odd. If you'd have a few pints or reefers that might have explained it but since you hadn't--puzzling!

24 minutes ago, itsnotallrightjack said:

That's very odd. If you'd have a few pints or reefers that might have explained it but since you hadn't--puzzling!

Not a drop or a toke. Nothing. It really was strange and I still cannot explain it to this day.

39 minutes ago, sickofallthebollocks said:

Q? Bloody hell that's going back isn't it?  From what I remember that Q out of next generation was a right pain in the arse wasn't he.

LOL. He's awesome. I'd love him to show up and troll the loonie lefties. Nobody trolls as adeptly as Q.

triggered.jpg

here's another. one time when young, was having trouble getting to sleep, for some reason looked through my blinds to my front yard (my room was at front of the house), there were three people standing there all dressed in various historical outfits from perhaps 70-80 years ago, one was a nurse, another a police officer and cant remember the other. Immediately sensing that wasn't normal, got very scared and ran to my parents room, tried to tell them about it but they didn't take seriously. Then when the adrenaline wore off fell asleep. I've never had any similar type of experiences since, which people say is something that happens because you very scared. 

have also had different experiences around sleep, where instead of falling asleep, my consciousness projects bodiless to various locations.