Sign in to follow this  
shadowmoon

stopping towers?

Out for a walk yesterday, I saw a planning permission notice on a lampost, had a quick read of it.

Installation of 20m Phase 8 Telecommunications Monopole

I had to look that one up & yes its for a fivegee tower, its at the end of a residential street.

It says any objections must be raised before the 23rd june (I think it was) which doesn't leave that long. & whether any objections will even be listened to?

What if anything can I do? objections will prob be ignored

I'd object anyway. Unless it says otherwise, I'd contact your local council office and ask where it's to be submitted. 

If they do uphold a complaint they might just try to put one a few feet away from where it was originally planned, but it's got to be worth a try.

Good luck 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I was thinking of making some anti-fivegee stickers myself, to stick over the planning permission note?

the street it is going up in is a quiet street with mainly oap residents..who likely would just give blank looks at the mention of the words fivegee.

Edited by shadowmoon

I know someone that objected to a wind turbine being installed near his home.

When he turned up at the planning meeting there was a committee of six people he had to convince.

He lost.

Weeks later he found an alternative route to appeal to a higher authority.

When he turned up at this meeting the committee consisted of the same six people, supposedly representing different interests.

Surprisingly he lost again.

I'd like to think you could prevent one of these fivegee installations, but I suspect any right to appeal is just a token gesture.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, shadowmoon said:

Out for a walk yesterday, I saw a planning permission notice on a lampost, had a quick read of it.

I had to look that one up & yes its for a fivegee tower, its at the end of a residential street.

It says any objections must be raised before the 23rd june (I think it was) which doesn't leave that long. & whether any objections will even be listened to?

for any petition or motion to do anything, a member of a council (town, parish, local, borough) must accept the petition /motion and get it filed for an upcoming meeting

the agenda of the meeting will then inturn follow that filed petition

just a plain objection to the local council will require a techical issue to be raised. the local council is the proposer and will ignore anything that is contrary to its proposal UNLESS it contravenes health and safety or some other mandatory point..

turning up at a meeting will not do anything unless the petition was filed and is on the agenda

find a sympathetic councillor ... parish or town .. ...

n.b check out what party run the council, see who are the opposition and check out facebook local forums

there will be someone who would love to cause  good trouble for the Councillors

you'll have to do donkey work with reasons that councillors understand, evidence and facts. quoting some bloke online aint gonna wash

plus a VERY IMPORTANT thing...... the residents of that street, do they care? if you can find a few who are bothered, it will help get things moving

Edited by zArk

5 hours ago, shadowmoon said:

Well at the very least, go on your council's website, find the planning application, and at least register your objection.

A few weeks ago I was walking up to Moseley Bog, and I saw a similar planning permission notice, stating that a new 'tower' was to be installed. It didn't mention 5G specifically, but it did mention 'microwaves' which sort of gives it away. The thing is the site is next to an existing mobile phone mast.

The trouble was that the last date for objections to be raised had already passed.

Posted (edited)

You might wanna print this off and post it through letterboxes in your area: https://k2s.cc/file/7b5aae4d7d2e0/cia_mm rad extract.odt

That is an OCRed (& corrected) open office version of an extract from a declassified CIA document.

The full document can be downloaded here: https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP88B01125R000300120005-6.pdf

The extract, I got from here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mX1fSrTzvWIxJBOC0Q8POLD0XhBQSpDv

You might wanna add a page in front about the 5G tower proposal.

Edited by scowie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, scowie said:

You might wanna print this off and post it through letterboxes in your area: https://k2s.cc/file/7b5aae4d7d2e0/cia_mm rad extract.odt

That is an OCRed (& corrected) open office version of an extract from a declassified CIA document.

The full document can be downloaded here: https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP88B01125R000300120005-6.pdf

The extract, I got from here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mX1fSrTzvWIxJBOC0Q8POLD0XhBQSpDv

You might wanna add a page in front about the 5G tower proposal.

I can't get the odt file to open on my PC so i'll have a look at the others thank you.

I know someone who used to work for council who says it is possible for the application for the mast to be refused if enough residents object. It all depends on your local planning department, the individuals involved and how much they care. No government guidance.

Obviously the health effects are the main focus but you might want to mention the considerable drop in house prices on that street as a result, inevitable over the years as cancer incidence increase and people will gradually catch on and not want to be near these things.  

Problem is that you really want it 400 metres away to avoid the health consequences. Cancer rates rise significantly for those living within 300 metres of phone mast. In some cases a  mast being further away from others could result in the output/radiation being higher? not always the case tho. The worst masts are the ones in rural areas, due to being far way they have to put out a lot of radiation, dont hang about these guys!

This is a good start, might be useful to hand around to your neighbours?

https://www.saveusnow.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Adverse-Health-Effects-of-M.P.Masts-Planning-Policy.pdf

the tower is now going up as of today, the date for constraints was May 2020..weeks after I noticed the 'planning permission' notice..

Its right next to  OAP flats. 🇲🇬