Jump to content

Everything to do with masks / face coverings


Yasmina
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, vinny79 said:

Anyone have any advice 

 

I work for a major U.K. firm who are insistent they can ask for proof of mask exemption 

 

until now it’s been fine

 

My Union has done nothing!

 

Read up on the Government Disability Discrimination page.. 

BC 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For example

 

lets say we have a woman or man

 

who has suffered domestic abuse

 

in this example being suffocated with a hand over the mouth

 

lets say this covering triggers those memories

 

what business is it of any employer that this has happened to someone in the past?

 

”Why can’t you wear a face covering”

 

”because I was suffocated”

 

”erm”

 

I know an extreme example but it’s disgusting

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vinny79 said:

Anyone have any advice 

 

I work for a major U.K. firm who are insistent they can ask for proof of mask exemption 

 

until now it’s been fine

 

My Union has done nothing!

 

Hi Vinny,

 

Miri Anne Finch helps people with letter templates which can be found on her website.

 

I am not sure the employer mask challenge letter (the first one listed below) quite fits with your situation as it has been drafted for someone with a hidden disability who is happy to declare this. If I understand you correctly, you object to being asked to provide proof of exemption at all?

 

Miri Anne Finch also offers to help draft letters if the templates don't quite fit a person's circumstances (https://miriaf.webs.com/). Her email address is [email protected]

 

LETTERS CHALLENGING MASK MANDATES:
https://miriaf.webs.com/employer-mask-challenge
https://miriaf.webs.com/mask-risk-assessment
https://miriaf.webs.com/pub-mask-refusal
https://miriaf.webs.com/airline-mask-refusal
https://miriaf.webs.com/masks-small-business
https://miriaf.webs.com/shopping-centre-mask
https://miriaf.webs.com/leisure-centre-masks
https://miriaf.webs.com/exercise-mask-children
https://miriaf.webs.com/council-shops-mask-exemption
https://miriaf.webs.com/doctor-smear-mask

LETTERS DECLINING COVID TESTING

https://miriaf.webs.com/school-consent-coronavirus
https://miriaf.webs.com/covid-test-dangers
https://miriaf.webs.com/school-coronavirus-test
https://miriaf.webs.com/hospital-covid-test
https://miriaf.webs.com/hospital-worker-test-vaccine

LETTERS DECLINING VACCINES

https://miriaf.webs.com/school-consent-coronavirus
https://miriaf.webs.com/custody-consent-vaccines
https://miriaf.webs.com/hospital-worker-test-vaccine

ALL OTHER LETTERS:
https://miriaf.webs.com/site-index
 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just wondered how people are doing with supermarkets etc.. it is cowardly saying I’m exempt, I think, but I actually am and only say it when I have to.  I had to go to court yesterday with work and explained I’m exempt (which I always do) and obviously was asked for proof which I said I don’t need to produce.
 

Was hoping to say the same in Tesco today without being overly challenged, but I didn’t get asked on entry... and for the first time EVER, a lovely lady shopper said “good for you” and we chatted for ages :-) was so lovely that’s never happened before, even though I’ve always wanted to find someone on the same friggin wavelength. Oh and this was after hearing 3x young female receptionists at the dentists all talking about how they won’t have the vaccine ... so I asked them about it when I paid and they said risk to fertility etc, which was also refreshingly positive for once 😃

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Malbec said:

Just wondered how people are doing with supermarkets etc.. it is cowardly saying I’m exempt, I think, but I actually am and only say it when I have to.  I had to go to court yesterday with work and explained I’m exempt (which I always do) and obviously was asked for proof which I said I don’t need to produce.
 

Was hoping to say the same in Tesco today without being overly challenged, but I didn’t get asked on entry... and for the first time EVER, a lovely lady shopper said “good for you” and we chatted for ages :-) was so lovely that’s never happened before, even though I’ve always wanted to find someone on the same friggin wavelength. Oh and this was after hearing 3x young female receptionists at the dentists all talking about how they won’t have the vaccine ... so I asked them about it when I paid and they said risk to fertility etc, which was also refreshingly positive for once 😃

I'm doing alright. I've still never worn a mask. I've also never disclosed my specific medical reasons either, which would be hypercapnia (effects from breathing in own carbon dioxide) and anxiety (being forced to submit to a fascist technocracy) - both therefore technically true.

 

When the stuff about supermarkets getting stricter first came out a few days ago I was confronted by staff in Tesco three times about wearing a mask. Once on entry (as per), by the Manager in the store and then by a woman at self-checkout. When I told the Manager I was exempt he tried to get me to wear a lanyard for some reason (how on earth a lanyard protects anyone from a deadly virus god only knows - less science behind that than the masks) and I think he went away feeling a bit silly when I refused. The woman at self-checkout was even more bizarre. She was wearing a mask and a face shield and asked if I was disabled. I said I wasn't. She asked why I wasn't wearing (with a bit of tone) a mask and I told her I was medically exempt. She was like, "ah ok then". Then she came up to me and said, "they're horrible these masks aren't they". I said, "I don't know, I've never worn one". What a braindead woman. Very sad.

 

So all in all a totally weird shopping experience but it's what we're all used to by now. I've never had a heated confrontation - I'm quite a big guy and I speak in a very calm, monotone manner so I think it'd be hard for things to get out of hand. 

Edited by Ed8
Spelling
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, vinny79 said:

Anyone have any advice 

 

I work for a major U.K. firm who are insistent they can ask for proof of mask exemption 

 

until now it’s been fine

 

My Union has done nothing!

I was just wondering, are you exempt or are you just saying

youre exempt? Not that you have to explain yourself to your employer (or even say on here), but clearly any level of distress caused by wearing a mask is subjective... so I don’t see how the employer can prove you’re not exempt if you say you are. 
Therefore, in order to have an exemption according to the “guidelines” it does not necessarily follow that everyone exempt will have medical proof. 
 

so countless people could be exempt for psychological reasons that are not documented with a dr or whatever, so the only person who can say that is the individual. I hope that makes sense .... 

 

so hopefully you could do a letter to that effect (always communicate in the subject in writing not verbally) stating “yes I am exempt, but I am not obliged to give you proof” but pointing out what they are asking for is unfair / unreasonable etc  

Edited by Malbec
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Ed8 said:

I'm doing alright. I've still never worn a mask. I've also never disclosed my specific medical reasons either, which would be hypercapnia (effects from breathing in own carbon dioxide) and anxiety (being forced to submit to a fascist technocracy) - both therefore technically true.

 

When the stuff about supermarkets getting stricter first came out a few days ago I was confronted by staff in Tesco three times about wearing a mask. Once on entry (as per), by the Manager in the store and then by a woman at self-checkout. When I told the Manager I was exempt he tried to get me to wear a lanyard for some reason (how on earth a lanyard protects anyone from a deadly virus god only knows - less science behind that than the masks) and I think he went away feeling a bit silly when I refused. The woman at self-checkout was even more bizarre. She was wearing a mask and a face shield and asked if I was disabled. I said I wasn't. She asked why I wasn't wearing (with a bit of tone) a mask and I told her I was medically exempt. She was like, "ah ok then". Then she came up to me and said, "they're horrible these masks aren't they". I said, "I don't know, I've never worn one". What a braindead woman. Very sad.

 

So all in all a totally weird shopping experience but it's what we're all used to by now. I've never had a heated confrontation - I'm quite a big guy and I speak in a very calm, monotone manner so I think it'd be hard for things to get out of hand. 

This is hilarious, but no likes left. It’s completely weird when having any of these sort of interactions with the public, how ridiculous and outrageous they actually sound. I was thinking earlier in Tesco, if someone actually accused me of spreading the virus 🦠 by not wearing a mask, I think I would actually laugh my head off at the absurd nonsensical shite they are coming out with, but in a serious way and actually genuinely believing it ! It’s so bizarre isn’t it ! 🤣 almost as if everyone else is under a weird spell 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Malbec said:

so countless people could be exempt for psychological reasons that are not documented with a dr or whatever, so the only person who can say that is the individual. I hope that makes sense .... 

 

Makes perfect sense. It's like someone saying they're gay and then someone asking them to prove it! It just wouldn't happen!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeh exactly, but the annoying

thing is, that the general populace will not be armed with these sorts of angles when dealing with confrontation. I don’t generally have anxiety, but I’ve probably had a form

of it due to what’s going on (as in what’s actually going on not “covid” itself). However, the prospect of going to do a normal shop and the thought of being looked at or challenging could give a lot of people anxiety, and me sometimes. So a lot of (potential) non mask wearers will avoid it, online shops or whatever as they can’t be doing with the hassle. Or ..... they just put a mask on “simples” 🙄🙄🙄
 

so, firstly all the old / ill (vulnerable through their own lifestyle choices) people who are in fear shouldn’t be wearing a mask. And anyone with anxiety or fear over actual (alleged) covid , shouldn’t be wearing a mask! It’s fuckin ridiculous! 
 

and then you get people on fb groups bragging about their multiple health conditions but yet they still wear a mask- like it’s a badge of honour! 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I feel everyone is excempt. We are not lying either so that should make it come from a much better place. You are not being weak by expressing that either. You are being honest. Wearing one long term will cause breathing difficulties and anxiety in EVERYONE. The only difference is it will effect some much more than others but EVERYONE is excempt even if they don't know it.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lol had to bite my tongue this morning. Went into a cafe and 2 ladies behind the counter "have you got your mask". No I'm exempt". "Do youI have a card" "no" is that alright? She said to her colleague. "We are not supposed to but seeing as there is no one else here". 

 

Normally I'd walk out. But my boss came in like a masked gimp. And said shall we buy lunch? Nah I prefer a meal deal. I was going to say thankyou for supporting tyranny as I left but couldn't be arsed. I just spoke to them with contempt. 

 

So thats customer service out the window. It's getting worse. But I'm not going to stop. Might start taking my card around now more though.

 

Edited by Fluke
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I came across this article today which makes for interesting reading concerning anti-mask sentiment during the 1918-19 Spanish flu pandemic in the US. It's not friendly to those with objections about being muzzled - with some focus on the vanity of those who complained - but it shows how history is repeating itself and the parallels between then and now. The main difference now being, however, that death rates are not above the norm and that we are clearly not within the grips of a true pandemic.

 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/03/us/mask-protests-1918.html

 

Even then, masks were dubbed "muzzles", "germ shields" and "dirt traps" which do more harm than good and were viewed by dissenters as government overreach with some snipping holes in them. There were penalties for non-compliance including fines and imprisonment with jails becoming full.

 

Scepticism grew and the Anti-Mask League was created in San Francisco with its first meeting held on 25th January 1919. "Their objections included lack of scientific evidence that masks worked and the idea that forcing people to wear the coverings was unconstitutional". The mandate to wear masks was repealed not long after.

 

image.png.2f6d9125b08790ee1c7e612b7487dd21.png

 

Despite the more widespread scepticism of the existence of a pandemic currently compared to 1918-19, there appeared to be far more resistance to mask mandates then than now with people prepared to go to prison on principle. I imagine this is largely due to more advanced brainwashing tools in the 21st century, with people glued to TV and social media, dampening the ability to think critically and creating a dumbed down and more compliant society.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a lanyard. Everybody can get one off the internet, and GP's won't declare anybody exempt.

 

As it happens, I do walk with a rollator due to arthritis and a bad ankle, so I expect that visible clue deters people from trying to challenge my exemption.

 

But when I go to the supermarket, I sometimes prepare by donning a T-shirt that I've had for years, and tucking the lanyard inside my coat in the hope of baiting someone into demanding to know why I'm not masked. 

 

Then I can have the pleasure of whipping my coat open to reveal the lanyard and the wording printed on my top, which says...

 

What do we want?

 

 

A cure for tourettes.

 

 

When do we want it?

 

 

Cunt.

 

 

 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Dolan said:

Hi all, been reading this forum for years I’m now writing here with a question.. I work for one of the major supermarkets in the distribution warehouse. So far regarding masks it’s just been when your coming and going but during actual work not needed.

  Yesterday we were told by management that as of next week you’ll have to wear one all time, so 8 hours of my day with restricted breathing, we were then asked to sign something to say we agreed, I have refused to sign and asked for something in writing as to what I would be signing(so far still been given nothing). I asked questions and was told even if you have a lanyard you need a doctors note and even with an exemption you will be required to wear a face shield rather than a mask! If caught not wearing a mask you’ll have 3 warning then suspended pending investigation! Madness! Does anybody have any suggestions?Thanks 

 

On 1/20/2021 at 7:12 PM, Mitochondrial Eve said:

 

Hi Vinny,

 

Miri Anne Finch helps people with letter templates which can be found on her website.

 

I am not sure the employer mask challenge letter (the first one listed below) quite fits with your situation as it has been drafted for someone with a hidden disability who is happy to declare this. If I understand you correctly, you object to being asked to provide proof of exemption at all?

 

Miri Anne Finch also offers to help draft letters if the templates don't quite fit a person's circumstances (https://miriaf.webs.com/). Her email address is [email protected]

 

LETTERS CHALLENGING MASK MANDATES:
https://miriaf.webs.com/employer-mask-challenge
https://miriaf.webs.com/mask-risk-assessment
https://miriaf.webs.com/pub-mask-refusal
https://miriaf.webs.com/airline-mask-refusal
https://miriaf.webs.com/masks-small-business
https://miriaf.webs.com/shopping-centre-mask
https://miriaf.webs.com/leisure-centre-masks
https://miriaf.webs.com/exercise-mask-children
https://miriaf.webs.com/council-shops-mask-exemption
https://miriaf.webs.com/doctor-smear-mask

LETTERS DECLINING COVID TESTING

https://miriaf.webs.com/school-consent-coronavirus
https://miriaf.webs.com/covid-test-dangers
https://miriaf.webs.com/school-coronavirus-test
https://miriaf.webs.com/hospital-covid-test
https://miriaf.webs.com/hospital-worker-test-vaccine

LETTERS DECLINING VACCINES

https://miriaf.webs.com/school-consent-coronavirus
https://miriaf.webs.com/custody-consent-vaccines
https://miriaf.webs.com/hospital-worker-test-vaccine

ALL OTHER LETTERS:
https://miriaf.webs.com/site-index
 

 

Welcome.
Have a look at Eve's post..
BC  :O)

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Basket Case said:

 

 

Welcome.
Have a look at Eve's post..
BC  :O)

 

Thanks I’ve had a good read through on a few of the letters, I’m going to put one together using these as a template. I have a lanyard at the moment but they will be requiring proof as of next week so we’ll see what happens. I’m worried I will be suspended. A lot of people at work disagree with this but still signed the paper it’s the fear of being sacked so I understand but if more people refused maybe we’d have a leg to stand on rather than being looked at like a nutter for questioning it

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

I have a lanyard. Everybody can get one off the internet, and GP's won't declare anybody exempt.

 

As it happens, I do walk with a rollator due to arthritis and a bad ankle, so I expect that visible clue deters people from trying to challenge my exemption.

 

But when I go to the supermarket, I sometimes prepare by donning a T-shirt that I've had for years, and tucking the lanyard inside my coat in the hope of baiting someone into demanding to know why I'm not masked. 

 

Then I can have the pleasure of whipping my coat open to reveal the lanyard and the wording printed on my top, which says...

 

What do we want?

 

 

A cure for tourettes.

 

 

When do we want it?

 

 

Cunt.

 

 

 

I want one of those T shirts.

 

All this reminds me of an episode of Curb your enthusiasm where he keeps wanting to go to the toilet but the only available ones are disabled. At the end of the episode he uses a disabled toilet and uses having a stutter as an excuse.

 

I'm dying to say it to someone when they ask why I ain't got one on.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Researchers at RationalGround.com - a group of data analysts, computer scientists, and actuaries - have analysed data from all 50 US states comparing rates of Covid-19 per 100,000 of the population according to whether the states had implemented mask mandates. The comparison was over 299 days between 1st May 2020 and 15th December 2020.

 

It was found that there were higher rates of Covid-19 in states where there were mask mandates compared to states were they were not.

 

http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2020/december/21/comprehensive-analysis-of-50-states-shows-greater-spread-with-mask-mandates/

 

Quote

The results: When comparing states with mandates vs. those without, or periods of times within a state with a mandate vs. without, there is absolutely no evidence the mask mandate worked to slow the spread one iota. In total, in the states that had a mandate in effect, there were 9,605,256 confirmed COVID cases over 5,907 total days, an average of 27 cases per 100,000 per day. When states did not have a statewide order (which includes the states that never had them and the period of time masking states did not have the mandate in place) there were 5,781,716 cases over 5,772 total days, averaging 17 cases per 100,000 people per day.

 

A Tweet by Justin Hart, co-founder of the website, also confirmed these findings.

 

 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Grumpy Owl changed the title to Everything to do with masks / face coverings

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...