Jump to content

Everything to do with masks / face coverings


Yasmina
 Share

Recommended Posts

Today I asked IMC Cinemas Dublin office if they were allowing people who are mask exempt to enter their premises. She stated they were strictly following the govt guidelines of wearing masks, I reminded her of the exemption list of which she stated she was aware. I reminded her if thats their policy they are refusing access to people on the grounds of physical/mental impairment and they may be open to a legal challenge

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

this is quite interestinf from the govs webite for the an influenza epidemic risk assessment from 2011

 

Quote

Facemasks and respirators

 

4.12 Facemasks and respirators have a role in providing healthcare worker protection, as long as they are used correctly and in conjunction with other infection control practices, such as appropriate hand hygiene9 and, most importantly, vaccination of frontline healthcare workers as soon as vaccine becomes available.

4.13 Facemasks, or surgical masks, are primarily designed to protect the environment from particles expelled by the wearer. If fitted properly, and used and changed in accordance with manufacturers instructions, they provide a physical barrier to large droplets but will not provide full respiratory protection against smaller particles such as aerosols.

4.14 Respirators are more sophisticated than facemasks and are designed to protect the wearer from breathing in fine or very small airborne particles (i.e. aerosols), which might contain viruses and other microorganisms, in addition to larger droplets. They should be worn when performing procedures that have the potential to generate infectious aerosols; examples include intubation, extubation and related procedures. It is a legal requirement that anyone who might be required to wear a respirator be fit-tested to ensure that an adequate seal can be achieved to provide the best level of protection and that training in use be provided. More than one make of respirator should be made available to help account for different face shapes among employees.

4.15 Although there is a perception that the wearing of facemasks by the public in the community and household setting may be beneficial, there is in fact very little evidence of widespread benefit from their use in this setting. Facemasks must be worn correctly, changed frequently, removed properly, disposed of safely and used in combination with good respiratory, hand, and home hygiene behaviour in order for them to achieve the intended benefit. Research also shows that compliance with these recommended behaviours when wearing facemasks for prolonged periods reduces over time

. 4.16 The Government already has in place stockpiles of facemasks and respirators for health and social care workers. In line with the scientific evidence, the Government will not stockpile facemasks for general use in the community. The responsibility for providing advice on the use of facemasks and respirators, as well as their provision and training, for non-health workers in the public and private sector rests with employers. 9 The use of facemasks and respirators in an influenza pandemic. Scientific Evidence Base Review 2011 UK Influenza Pandemic Preparedness Strategy 2011 38

4.17 Employers will need to undertake risk assessments to determine whether the provision of facemasks or respirators is appropriate for their staff, and workers who need to wear a facemask or respirator will need to receive training in their safe use, removal and disposal. Where a risk assessment indicates respirators are necessary, staff must be fittested. Employers should refer to Pandemic Infection Control Guidance at www.dh.gov.uk/pandemicflu (and www.hps.scot.nhs.uk), and Health & Safety Executive (HSE) guidance on conducting risk assessments when considering the supply of facemasks and respirators to other front-line workers (www.hse.gov.uk/biosafety/diseases/pandemic.htm). These policies will be kept under review as new scientific evidence emerges.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/213717/dh_131040.pdf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr H said:

 

Yeah I'm feeling this as well. Like I have provided factual information to people, I can't really do much else. A couple of folk have listened but the majority haven't and a large number become very offended with me....

 

The worst are the new age psuedo spiritualists, accusing me of making the problem worse, because resistance only perpetuates the problem. Which is an interesting theory up to a point, where real people are dying as a result of this.... that's when I chuck theory out the window. And most of these people are sending love and light to gaia as their solution whilst they continue with their sub-par life coaching and healing professions........

 

 

 

And to be honest, you would have to be a real dumb a** muthf**ker not to know something fishy was going on after 6 months....if it hasn't snagged by now, not much hope for you I'm afraid....

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

 

Thanks for the reminder. I started following this guy Thoughty2 a couple of years back because he did have a few interesting videos.

 

Although I'm still subscribed, I haven't watched any of late, as I became convinced he is some kind of shill just making 'click-bait' videos to get people watching and then 'drop the advert' at the end for whoever has 'sponsored' that video.

 

But I made an effort to watch this one the other evening, and looked forward to a perhaps balanced and reasoned analysis. In the end, he's just pushing the narrative, that we should all be wearing masks.

 

He must have been well paid to make this video, as I note there was no product promotion at the end, unless he's stopped this, like I said I've not watched any of his stuff for a couple of months now.

Apparently "assisted" by Google and Harvard TH Chan so it was never going to stray too far away from the official narrative, although he did appear to try and give the impression that people were free to choose what to believe, sort of like "...well ultimately it's your choice, but if you don't believe that wearing a mask is beneficial in the fight against Covid, then you're wrong".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12461990/mask-mouth-dentists-warn-rise-side-effect-damaging-teeth/

Pointless to wipe your dirty bum with the sun newspaper as more poo will come off the newspaper than your botty.  But here's the latest 'junk news' from the 'Sun' that shining beacon of perpetual bullshit ,although - this might actually be true:  (apart from the lockdown diet bit)
 

WEARING face masks and coverings could have an impact on your oral health, dentists have warned.

Experts suggest the increased use of masks due to coronavirus has left some patients with gum disease and bad breath.

Dr Rob Ramondi, dentist and co-founder of One Manhattan Dental in the US, said around 50 per cent of his patients are being impacted by the use of face masks.

He said: "We’re seeing inflammation in people’s gums that have been healthy forever, and cavities in people who have never had them before."

Doctor Marc Sclafan, also from the practice, said the issues are caused by mask wearers breathing out of their mouths more than their nose.

 

Dr Sclafan said this can cause a dry mouth, which leads to a decrease in saliva — and saliva is what fights the bacteria and cleanses your teeth.

He added that people are also drinking less water because they are wearing masks which is leading to dehydration.

Lockdown diet

Despite this, experts at the British Dental Association (BDA) have said that a deterioration in oral health could be down to a lockdown diet, rather than the use of masks.

The BDA's scientific adviser Professor Damien Walmsley said attempts to link the use of masks to tooth decay are motivated by political prejudice and are not about protecting public health.
"Recent claims on 'mask mouth' are risible. East Asian societies - where face coverings have been ubiquitous for decades - are not confronting an epidemic of decay. 

"Dentists wear masks as a matter of course, and we're not exactly at the front of the queue for extractions. 

"If patients have seen a deterioration in their oral health, it makes more sense to look at lockdown diets and lack of access to dental services than to indulge in mythmaking." 

In the UK it is mandatory to wear a face mask or covering in all shops and supermarkets.

Dr Scalfani however added that more patients are coming into the surgery as they are concerned about bad breath.

"Patients are coming into us like, ‘Wow, my breath smells, I need a cleaning.’

"When you smell the bad breath, you either already have periodontal disease or you have a lot of bacteria that’s sitting on your tongue because of dry mouth,”

While masks need to be worn during the pandemic he said that there are things people can do to prevent "mask mouth".

He said drinking more water, cutting down on caffeine and scraping your tongue can all help.

Dr Emma Cunningham, dentist and founder of www.dr-emma.co.uk agreed that while masks are important - they are causing other issues.

"It appears that most people when wearing masks breathe through their mouths as opposed to their noses, and this results in reduced saliva production and dry mouth, which becomes problematic as saliva is protective against tooth decay and gum disease.

maskmth2.jpg

Edited by sickofallthebollocks
add edited picture & link
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well IMC cinemas backed down in the end. Asked me what branch I intend to visit maskless and they will inform the management there. Know your rights folks and stand up for yourselves, nobody else gonna do it for you

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had a small victory this afternoon. Stopped to get petrol at Sainsbury's. Bloke in a van at pump behind me, he was just in front of me as we walked to the kiosk. He stopped looked at me and said "I have forgotten my mask". "You don' fucking need one mate, it's all bollocks. For a start if they did any good the government would have had us wearing them months ago". You're right he said, and followed me inside. Got a big grin and thumbs up from him as I got back to my car. One more of us, one less of them.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi I’m wondering if anyone has any suggestions about how to keep your job and get into a store without complying with the mandatory face mask rule. I provide the health insurance for my daughter and I and we are required to wear a mask at work I don’t support it at all and I hate wearing it and I don’t agree with it whatsoever but I also don’t want to lose  my job, any suggestions would be great thank you!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's the guidance from ACAS on corona. Don't think it's a one size fits all.....

 

I'm not really sure how they would defend the sacking if you challenged it in court, they would have to provide some sort of evidence that corona exists and that masks help prevent the spread. I suspect that intimidation and suspension are more likely unless you signed something to say you will comply with this.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, banjo dog said:

Had a small victory this afternoon. Stopped to get petrol at Sainsbury's. Bloke in a van at pump behind me, he was just in front of me as we walked to the kiosk. He stopped looked at me and said "I have forgotten my mask". "You don' fucking need one mate, it's all bollocks. For a start if they did any good the government would have had us wearing them months ago". You're right he said, and followed me inside. Got a big grin and thumbs up from him as I got back to my car. One more of us, one less of them.

Well done. I haven't met one on "our" side yet. I am still training my "awakedar". 

 

There was a young boy about 19 - 21 estate agent who visited today. We've had 6 so far. The more sensible ones didn't.  This guy didn't. I was going to say "oh I like him his sensible he's not wearing a mask" but I forgot to. He did ask before he came in as well. I just got the feeling he knew it was all bollocks. I don't usually mix well with estate agents 😉 but he had a good energy about him.

 

It's a strange thing man wondering around, sometimes I guess if some people know it's all bollocks. I'm pretty sure we encounter them all the time without knowing. I don't mean to sound extreme but I wonder if this was like the streets of Germany in the 1930s. Pretending to support the Nazis, and wondering if your neighbours really supported what they were doing. Mind you, I suppose it didn't become apparent how extreme they were to your average German citizen until towards the end of the decade but I could be wrong. ..

 

I remember walking the dog with my dad after a meal on a Thursday night to the heath and we had to walk through about a mile of houses. We always made sure we were at the heath by 8pm so we wouldn't have to walk through neighbours clapping. One night we got out at about 820pm and all the neighbours were congregating and chatting still I'm guessing after the clap. My dad sighed as we approached the street and I said oh no "we have stumbled upon some branch covidions" 😂 quite funny now I think about it and absurd. 

 

I have to write some of this down before the end of the year. All of us have a wealth of material for creative pursuits. Both on the macro and micro level. 

 

Unfortunately 1984 has already been written... 

 

 

Edited by Fluke
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Went into town here in Ireland yesterday afternoon to meet some friends in a bar/restaurant. Theres this pulpit type thing at the entrance with a sign, please put on your mask before entry. I wait for the guy, "Can you put on yr mask please", tell him Im exempt, he then asks "whats your exemption", I told him I dont have to tell you have that. When he agrees thats ok, he has to its the friggin law,  he shows me to the table where my friends are, all 6 foot away. So you are supposed to put on a mask, then take it off when you are seated at your table 5 seconds later. Governments must be delighted when these virtue signallers take the nonsense govt advice and go one step further, just like that primary school thats making masks mandatory for kids there. Well at least I had my rant at the table on how useless masks were to my buddies

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Spanish police tried to arrest a woman for not wearing a mask but were driven back when other people stepped in whilst chanting "freedom".

 

If people would only come to understand that they are the real power....

The police give the perception of power, but realistically they are probably outnumbered around 1500/1.

Most of the time we comply because in a lot of cases what they are enforcing is beneficial  to society. None of us want to see murderers, rapists, thieves and criminals roaming the streets with immunity. However when they are trying to enforce laws which are detrimental to people and only beneficial to the rulers then it's time to ignore that perception and show them where the real power lies.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, owen said:

Went into town here in Ireland yesterday afternoon to meet some friends in a bar/restaurant. Theres this pulpit type thing at the entrance with a sign, please put on your mask before entry. I wait for the guy, "Can you put on yr mask please", tell him Im exempt, he then asks "whats your exemption", I told him I dont have to tell you have that. When he agrees thats ok, he has to its the friggin law,  he shows me to the table where my friends are, all 6 foot away. So you are supposed to put on a mask, then take it off when you are seated at your table 5 seconds later. Governments must be delighted when these virtue signallers take the nonsense govt advice and go one step further, just like that primary school thats making masks mandatory for kids there. Well at least I had my rant at the table on how useless masks were to my buddies

 

Jedward has a message for you, (and Jim Corr) "Dear Dublin Anti Mask Protest! Get the f*** inside you selfish low lives, sincerely, the rest of the country. There's only one right in this fight against COVID so don't even try to question it! Change your attitude and get with the times. We're right you're wrong. Wear your mask and wash your hands to whoever needs to hear this."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Velma said:

 

Jedward has a message for you, (and Jim Corr) "Dear Dublin Anti Mask Protest! Get the f*** inside you selfish low lives, sincerely, the rest of the country. There's only one right in this fight against COVID so don't even try to question it! Change your attitude and get with the times. We're right you're wrong. Wear your mask and wash your hands to whoever needs to hear this."

 

Is that a quote from the distinguished Professor Jedward virologist twins who are conducting advanced research at the Irish Center for Disease Control perhaps?

....Oh wait, apparently it's a quote from a pair of moronic, manufactured teenyboppers who became famous as the only twins in medical history who actually share a single brain cell.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/21/2020 at 4:56 PM, sickofallthebollocks said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12461990/mask-mouth-dentists-warn-rise-side-effect-damaging-teeth/

Pointless to wipe your dirty bum with the sun newspaper as more poo will come off the newspaper than your botty.  But here's the latest 'junk news' from the 'Sun' that shining beacon of perpetual bullshit ,although - this might actually be true:  (apart from the lockdown diet bit)
 

WEARING face masks and coverings could have an impact on your oral health, dentists have warned.

Experts suggest the increased use of masks due to coronavirus has left some patients with gum disease and bad breath.

Dr Rob Ramondi, dentist and co-founder of One Manhattan Dental in the US, said around 50 per cent of his patients are being impacted by the use of face masks.

He said: "We’re seeing inflammation in people’s gums that have been healthy forever, and cavities in people who have never had them before."

Doctor Marc Sclafan, also from the practice, said the issues are caused by mask wearers breathing out of their mouths more than their nose.

 

Dr Sclafan said this can cause a dry mouth, which leads to a decrease in saliva — and saliva is what fights the bacteria and cleanses your teeth.

He added that people are also drinking less water because they are wearing masks which is leading to dehydration.

Lockdown diet

Despite this, experts at the British Dental Association (BDA) have said that a deterioration in oral health could be down to a lockdown diet, rather than the use of masks.

The BDA's scientific adviser Professor Damien Walmsley said attempts to link the use of masks to tooth decay are motivated by political prejudice and are not about protecting public health.
"Recent claims on 'mask mouth' are risible. East Asian societies - where face coverings have been ubiquitous for decades - are not confronting an epidemic of decay. 

"Dentists wear masks as a matter of course, and we're not exactly at the front of the queue for extractions. 

"If patients have seen a deterioration in their oral health, it makes more sense to look at lockdown diets and lack of access to dental services than to indulge in mythmaking." 

In the UK it is mandatory to wear a face mask or covering in all shops and supermarkets.

Dr Scalfani however added that more patients are coming into the surgery as they are concerned about bad breath.

"Patients are coming into us like, ‘Wow, my breath smells, I need a cleaning.’

"When you smell the bad breath, you either already have periodontal disease or you have a lot of bacteria that’s sitting on your tongue because of dry mouth,”

While masks need to be worn during the pandemic he said that there are things people can do to prevent "mask mouth".

He said drinking more water, cutting down on caffeine and scraping your tongue can all help.

Dr Emma Cunningham, dentist and founder of www.dr-emma.co.uk agreed that while masks are important - they are causing other issues.

"It appears that most people when wearing masks breathe through their mouths as opposed to their noses, and this results in reduced saliva production and dry mouth, which becomes problematic as saliva is protective against tooth decay and gum disease.

maskmth2.jpg

 

I think there is a lot of truth to what they say, fact that people didn't go to dentist for months and diet changes BUT also the masks!

 

Because yes Asians and dentists have worn masks for years no dental problems...BUT

 

They most likely where them once and throw them away.

 

The odd person I know who has a mask, has the same filthy mask they put on day after day. God knows what is growing in there!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Grumpy Owl changed the title to Everything to do with masks / face coverings

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...