EVERYTHING MENTAL HEALTH RELATED

Fluke

1 hour ago, Certified Green of Heart said:

Dunno, too tired to go on the hunt to find out this late time of day... but if that applies, then ok, but maybe it could spring back if that's what's happened. How did you infer that it had dissolved ?

I was checking one of the practitioners listed from the link you posted and this came up in the Google search listing. 

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/14505457/filing-history

It's odd because on LinkedIn they list themselves as a "non profit" (with 1 employee , then 7 linked) but I can't find their charity number anywhere.

https://uk.linkedin.com/company/pha-uk

Also limited companies have to post all their accounts online for the public to see. A 'non profit' can in theory be a limited company but they would have to prove all profits were put back into certain charitable activities. A lot of the time when a non profit started out as a limited company, as they did, then dissolved one month before they had to make their accounts public, it means they are hiding profits. Also they changed their directors multiple times in just a few months!

They don't have any oversight, they're not a group. It's just separate people listed in a directory. If you can verify your email you're suddenly  a 'practitioner', which is a meaningless word anyway.

There are lots of those online but most don't pretend to be a 'movement'. How do they vet the people listed? They admit they don't check anyone is even using their real name!!! Who checks their qualifications or criminal records? They admit they don't. They allow anyone to join them as a so called 'practitioner'.

That does mean you don't know if that person is qualified. It is really just a database for freelancers, aka anybody. Also it's weird they are listed as a non profit but they say on their website they have a "don't ask don't tell" policy on money changing hands between the client and the practitioner, that is certainly going to make it easy for people who are dishonest to abuse it. They are using words like "People's Alliance" and "Ambassadors" to create a sense of authority, but those are all self given titles to create a sense of trust from the public, again not a good sign. They use trigger buzzwords like "grassroots" and "organic", whoever designed their website knows how to market a business! They have created a 'feel good' narrative to pull in customers.

It concerns me that people who are already vulnerable through illness, mental or physical, will be easily taken advantage of through using their database.

One other concern is they say all practitioners charge fees (none listed upfront) but they have a long list of volunteer positions they want people to work for them for free. Why are volunteers expected to help them run a business for free where practitioners get paid? Also they ask for donations, but what for? There is literally no financial transparency. Their linkedin page says they have 1 employee and 7 linked employees, but those are just freelancers. So it's one person behind a computer screen running it. They are trying to make themselves sound like a big organisation but they are just a few freelancers on a database looking for cash paying, off the books, clients.

They are not doing any charitable work. It is a business. So expecting people to work for them for free while practitioners get paid and the people who run it get paid (and keep the donations) is unethical. Calling themselves a non profit while practitioners make profits on fees is unethical and illegal.

Their 'partners and affiliates' pay them to be listed and are all for profit businesses, which means they are lying about being a non profit. 

Also I tried their 'free health check' and it was just designed to sell stuff.

They are misrepresenting themselves and they are full of red flags. 

Unfortunately there are people out there ready to exploit people looking for alternatives to the mainstream, it's a multi billion pound industry. 

If you're looking for psychological help or natural health advice the best you can do is read around the subject online, or a few books on the subject, then check out the main qualifying body for the professional you are looking for. Ask your friends and family for recommendations. 

I don't trust that so called 'People's Alliance', on the face of it it seemed ok to begin with, I can see their marketing and clever use of language will pull people in, but after checking them out a bit it's one red flag after another.

Just one other strange thing on their website. There is a guy listed as a doctor and they go to lengths to tell you he is "happily married with children", seriously how is that relevant to his ability to provide treatment? It's fluff to make you feel good about him and make him sound 'reliable' and 'trustworthy', but if someone is doing that to convince you then it's dodgy. So divorced doctors are no good now? 🙄😆

When was the last time you asked your dentist if they were happily married to see if they were qualified? 🙄

They prove they are just agents for freelancers as they have a legal "Disclaimer" so you can't sue them when things go wrong. Also it's them admitting they don't even check the basic information about their freelancers to see if it is true or not. Their disclaimer reads - Disclaimer Notice
Please note that local health hubs and practitioners are independent and act autonomously. We rely on practitioners to be honest about their expertise. It is therefore important that you do your own due diligence when choosing a healthcare practitioner listed in our directory.

It's completely unmonitored. It's just a database anyone with an email can add their name to. None of the people listed know each other! It's not an 'Alliance' it's just an Etsy for 'alternative health'. 

Edited by Phil26
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Certified Green of Heart said:

Just as a recap and somewhere to go read up at.....
And to say...

Although I remember this from when you posted it last year, our memories now refreshed I am returning to this post now, (with thanks incidentally, to latest person -AWF- for bumping the thread up by inserting their own topic)..
And so realizing what was missing RobinJ as regards to what you posted is there needs to be a website posted alongside your raising awareness of what they do..

Okay so it doesn't look obvious you knew you left out the actual website for this RobinJ, but eitherway it is this yes??? 

https://the-pha.org

Also, this portion of info below might be reassuring for us lot... (whilst also of course checking out this organization
and what else they're about),
so hence this FAQ bit from their own website in which one of the answers gives this in the quoted at:-  
https://the-pha.org/about-us/

FAQ~ Do you offer a vaccine injury protocol?

Yes, i had only just heard about them when I posted that and possibly couldn't remember website name back then or perhaps it wasn't fully set up. They are spreading rapidly across the globe. I just saw that they are in USA now.

People often think they are powerless, when in fact WE hold the true power, should we choose to use it. All it takes is a good idea and joining together.

And, for those who like to just quote DI without any further knowledge, they could perhaps remember that this is how he started out. Small gatherings and a conviction to bring awareness. To do that though, you have to believe in your purpose not just parrot someone else's 😝

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, RobinJ said:

Yes, i had only just heard about them when I posted that and possibly couldn't remember website name back then or perhaps it wasn't fully set up. They are spreading rapidly across the globe. I just saw that they are in USA now.

People often think they are powerless, when in fact WE hold the true power, should we choose to use it. All it takes is a good idea and joining together.

And, for those who like to just quote DI without any further knowledge, they could perhaps remember that this is how he started out. Small gatherings and a conviction to bring awareness. To do that though, you have to believe in your purpose not just parrot someone else's 😝

It's just a database of freelancers. No checks, anyone with an email can add themselves to it. No one is connected in it they don't even know each other. It's just Etsy for life coaches and crystal 'healers'. You're making out it's some great movement, 🙄 but it's not. You're misrepresenting what it is. 

Do you have any involvement with them or anyone connected with it or listed on it perhaps? 

Also you're wrong about the USA. They list 'Ambassadors ' 🙄 from different countries but they specifically state that to be listed on their database the person has to be selling their services in the "UK or ROI". You can only sell your service in the territory covered by the database.

It's just a marketplace for new age freelancers. An online classified ads listing. They admit they do not accept ANY LIABILITY for anyone using or listed on their database.

Also it's very *convenient* that they managed to spend their entire donations of £36,000 on "Core costs and IT". 🙄 And at the same time they are trying to move to a monthly subscription model that will charge people just to search their database. Must be because they care so much about those in need. 🙄

• 1 month later...

I did post the link but sometimes as my phone signal is weak it seems to not get included. She is also now doing the PFFA which is all about decentralisef local food rather than supermarkets take all.

I don't think it was dissolved as I saw her talking about it just a week ago, maybe thats the Peoples Health Defense?

The food one is:

http://the-pffa.org