What To Say To Those Diving In Hedgerows...

I said to the missus before Monday that we're going to get loads of people coming out now that have been sat indoors for three months - and they're going to be annoying.

I've just been doing what I want when I want since the early "lockdown" scam, and tbh, I found that most people out were fine, or they wouldn't have been out anyway, I also found people in general were ok too. Only had one issue with a park ranger and a member of Tesco staff but nothing with anyone out walking their dogs having a stroll etc. I sort of had the feeling I was out with like minded folks 10/11 weeks ago at the height of the scam. Now though, all the tin foil hat wearing BBC conspiracy theorists are out in full force.

This week alone I've had three people mumble under their breath when they've given me this huge wide berth and expected a thank you, which I am not going to start doing. I refuse to thank someone for being a moron. I've literally just had a woman move twenty feet away from me and stand behind a car - I just carried on walking while she was "mumbling away about a thank you would be nice etc..."

I have ignored all three completely but feel I should have some witty remark ready, like "sorry, I won't thank conspiracy theorists..." or something. I generally don't react well with these kind of things so tend to keep my mouth shut and stew but they haven't annoyed me, I actually feel a bit sorry for them.

I'm always very considerate when out and about but these people are part of the problem, and I will not thank them for their ignorance.

Should I carry on just ignoring them, or have some remark ready for next time. Suggestions and similar experiences this week welcome.

Edited by Edgecrusher
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I said to the missus before Monday that we're going to get loads of people coming out now that have been sat indoors for three months - and they're going to be annoying.   I've just been doi

I have a couple of funnies.  One for now.   I had to queue at sainsbury's for my friend.   I was on my way home from work and the sun was shining and I was in no rush.   I got to t

Many people who can see through the pantomime feel sorry for those who are caught up in it.  Tesco is a creator of frustration, shame and idiocy requiring other humans to walk, stand and move in some

Posted Images

I think these people will eventually get the message. When so many people are now out enjoying the sun, not falling for this plandemic, and are just getting on with their lives then these mask wearing, side-dodgers will have to learn to wake up. I wouldn't converse with them. If they become abusive, then ignore them. Leave them be.

• Like 3

Hehehe! I think you should just play it by ear Edgecrusher, depending on what mood you're in.

I just had a nice transaction in the little Tesco near me, where I nipped in for milk. They're narrow aisles with a nonsensical arrow path mapped out. I noticed a handsome man standing well back while I was examining the fridge contents, and I said, "You're very welcome to walk past me (within 2m is unavoidable) if you want to, and he was very glad and relieved.  A minute later the same chap and another one all came nose to nose on emerging from the end of our aisles, and we had a laugh about how the system is ludicrous. 

But seeing some fool at Blackpool on the news tonight, getting local news coverage because he's raising a petition to try and close down Blackpool beach because folk visited at the weekend makes me feel glum and defeated again.

I think I might try and wave them through like that saying don't worry, just pass by... I think like you say most them will be thankful. The ones that aren't, I'll ignore.

I like the "I won't speak to conspiracy theorists" remark though....

1 minute ago, Edgecrusher said:

I think I might try and wave them through like that saying don't worry, just pass by... I think like you say most them will be thankful. The ones that aren't, I'll ignore.

I like the "I won't speak to conspiracy theorists" remark though....

I like that myself, and may purloin it from you.   ?

I sometimes look at the ones hovering anxiously yards back, quizzically in the hope they're read my mind which is saying, "Are you insane?"

• Haha 1

It started to bother me for a while when people would do stuff like this, but now I really couldn't give a toss.

I just carry on like I have done before - I don't wear a mask or gloves, and have no intention of doing so.

However I do note that from my own observations, fewer people seem to be doing so now, so I'm kind of in the hope that more and more people are (quietly) coming to the realisation that this has all been an immense pile of horseshit.

But sadly, there are still a number of people who have really been indoctrinated by all the government, media and social network propaganda, and are really 'frightened' by all this talk of a 'second wave' of infections and deaths.

Well, you just stay in your homes and leave the rest of us alone to get on with enjoying our walks out in the sunshine.

• Like 2

The majority of people I've come into contact with (not literally mind) don't seem too bothered whether you're closer than 6ft/2m or not.

I actually get the impression that most of them are only doing it because they're conscious that you might be offended?

There are some loonies obviously that will scream if you're within 20 feet but most just want normality.

Regarding the OP question...

I wouldn't bother, I'd just ghost them as if I didn't hear anything and treat them as if they don't even exist.

• Like 1

However temporarily gratifying it might be to shout or mumble the words "fucktard" "fucking cuntwipe dickhead"  (or whatever vile disgusting words you can muster) to these people, probably best to just ignore them.

As Storm says they probably don't mean to offend, and don't want to possibly offend you -  but inadvertently do end up offending you just by staying away, it just shows what a load of fucked up bullshit all this nonsense is.

Just keep walking on, smile if you have to , ignore them and carry on trying to be 'normal'

NB.
The above being said - I totally contradict myself by continuously mumbling the above words when people try to walk onto a busy road or sniff a hedge to avoid my presence, I'm always mumbling quietly though - don't want to get twatted, especially by some old bag sporting the latest look - a darth vader style breathing mask.
(seems to be all the rage round here)

Note to myself: Must learn to ignore completely from now on.

Edited by sickofallthebollocks
added section to bottom & shitty puncuation
  • Like 1

I have a couple of funnies.  One for now.

I had to queue at sainsbury's for my friend.   I was on my way home from work and the sun was shining and I was in no rush.

I got to the end of the queue or so I thought.   There was a little Chinese lady standing about 30 ft from her leader.  I asked without response but she reluctantly shuffled up by a few feet.  She was in full regalia of overcoat  (blazing sun) big boots, mask and almost what seemed like goggles. ..and a massive set of earphones. ....with a wooly hat ?

Now I know I'm not gonna get in any faster and I wasn't in a rush but I was now gonna be her TAIL.

We both got in and I started picking up the stuff required but saw 'HER' looking and picking at something.   I went over to her almost touching her shoulder and leant in!  Ha! She shat herself and shuffled off.

Next isle. ..same deal.  She was just standing there looking up.  I sidled up behind her and got in her periferal vision.  HA! She legged it faster than shit on a shovel.

In the frozen fish isle.  She was bent over the freezer (stop that now.) and I already had frozen prawns in my bag.  I went close to her and slowly dropped my bag into where she was looking.  She let off a "Hie" !  Ahh she's Japanese I mused (but secretly thinking of Kung-flu).

She scuttled off out of the store without paying. ?? she got away with her stuff too.

It's the simple things that make shopping fun.

Edited by Tom bombadil
I can't spell for toffy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

I feel the same way. At the start i used to keep my distance for their comfort but wasn't willing to go to extremes like walk in the road, although i may cross it. I feel sorry for them too. And its quite upsetting. I like the "thanks for treating me like a leper".  I like to keep my head down most of the time but it does make me angry but now i am just a bit bemused by it all. I thought today i might say to someone "its a mad world isn't it" just in case they think like i do, but i just dont want to do that and end up talking to a branch covidion. 

As others have said the extreme ones are rare, but i still see a lot of virtue signallers about i just ignore them. Unfortantely due to being out of regular work, living at home, i spend my time with mostly not aware people to put it polite.  Nice, but complete normies. And it drains me that they cannot think, cannot question. But i try my best to be on my own as much as possible. My dad and uncle being the only people i know in real life questioning anything..

Stay sane people. Nice thread btw. 

Edited by Fluke
  • Like 2

Part of me thinks it's actually well suited to British culture to adhere to this "social distancing" as much as some do. As a culture we're known for being generally quite polite, reserved and adhering to things like forming queues. Other cultures don't give a shit about etiquette but there's something in the British culture that seems to be into it. Perhaps it's a legacy of having a monarchy and all that pomp and ceremony bullshit that we've been subjected to in our society for decades. Personally I'll do my best not to make anyone who is frightened more spooked if I can help it, but I'm never going to thank someone for stopping or moving out of the way because I don't give a shit whether they do or not.  I've been happy to see in my local area loads of people on the seafront every afternoon and evening with not a mask in sight. Nice to see people enjoying the weather and not looking like they're about to give someone a prostate exam. All the muzzled pot bangers seem mostly confined to the supermarkets/shops around here.   

When I go to the local coffee bar and there are people there wearing masks, I sniff the air and I say its OK there is no COVID here.  I know the owner of the bar who does not believe the BS-19 story and is very much a fan of David Icke since I gave a copy of The Perception Deception.   What is reassuring there are many people I speak to who tell me they were afraid and believed COVID was dangerous and now they don't believe any of it.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

I noticed a handsome man standing well back while I was examining the fridge contents

I remember the days of Linford Christie and it was all about the 'lunchbox'!

3 hours ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

I said, "You're very welcome to walk past me (within 2m is unavoidable) if you want to, and he was very glad and relieved. 

Oh, come on, I'm seeing nothing but euphemisms now!

Haha! I met Linford Christy, and jolly unpleasant he was too, lunchbox not withstanding.

He was staying in the same hotel where I was in Gateshead on a residential training course. 

I held a door open for him that I'd walked through just ahead of him in the corridor, and smiled at him.

In response, he gave me a really chilling glare - it was quite unnerving. 

It was only later that I found out who he was, as I'm not into sports at all, and didn't know him from Adam.

The Tesco chap was much lovelier.

I saw an old lady who looked to be about 80 on Sunday, she had on plastic gloves, the obligatory mask and a thick jacket in all the heat.. pushing an oap trolley very slowly  along.

I really felt  sorry for her? lied to and tricked all her life and then to spend her  time  left on earth living in fear.

Normally I  would have asked if she needed a hand, but now her govt induced fear would stop that.

Visited a small co-op shop earlier this week. there was no queue outside because I tend to choose the time I go so no queues  but they have cordoned off entry to some of the aisles so its a one way system!

Anyway - I walked down one aisle to get to the next for some doughnuts but unbelievably people were queuing to get down the aisle because 2 people were there already. I just walked by them & grabbed my doughnuts and couldn't help smiling at the tutting and mumbling that was coming from the 4 or 5 people queuing behind me.

I would think that the more people demonstrate ordinary behaviour that has served us for untold millennia, the quicker it will return,  not that I expect normal life to resume now that the politicians, media, banks, UN  etc have gang raped the world economy.

Seeing more people slowly showing their disdain for queues and distancing - weird how the feeling of isolation was extended this way!  Some serious planning went into the psychological elements of this.

Does anyone remember referring to the last so called recession when Michael Heseltine  said something along the lines  of "if you think this is a recession you aint seen nothing yet" - that was around 2009 ?

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, shadowmoon said:

I saw an old lady who looked to be about 80 on Sunday, she had on plastic gloves, the obligatory mask and a thick jacket in all the heat.. pushing an oap trolley very slowly  along.

I really felt  sorry for her? lied to and tricked all her life and then to spend her  time  left on earth living in fear.

Normally I  would have asked if she needed a hand, but now her govt induced fear would stop that.

Masks are horrible things to wear or to work in especially if they are the ones without an exhaust air valve.

12 hours ago, Fluke said:

branch covidion.

First time I've heard that one :classic_laugh:

I think it's clear that waving people through and saying "don't worry, just walk past, I'm not worried you're going to kill me..." will definitely help and is a very non-confrontational.

It sort of puts the ball back in their court, and could actually create a conversation from them like "yeah, it's all bollocks" then you know you're at least on the same wavelength, even just a little bit. Might even lead to a conversation, or go some way to waking someone up a little bit.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Orange Alert said:

Masks are horrible things to wear or to work in especially if they are the ones without an exhaust air valve

....and a haven for bacteria (moist, humid) and restrict oxygen intake.

Was thinking about this....and this is dependent on whether you believe in negative energy or not, but...

This whole coronavirus scam has created bucketloads of negative energy through fear, isolation, distancing etc. etc.

Are we not ourselves contributing to the negative energy by getting annoyed, irritated by the mask wearers?

Maybe we should take a leaf out of The Dude's notebook and just say "Whatever, Man"

761191231_dude-the-big-lebowski-615x3671.jpg.77923309641da08edb9f936160196dcb.jpg

The Dude Abides....

• Like 3