Jump to content

New Forum Desires.


GarethIcke
 Share

Recommended Posts

1. Implement a "yes" button among the other reactions. It's only convenient when I can confirm sth that someone else is asking everyone on the thread with one click, instead of making a separate post (unless it offers details or sth). E.g. someone may ask sth like "has anyone else seen this or that in such and such location today or has anyone else had such and such tech issue/was not able to open this or that page/access a site or has anyone else experienced (any sensation of this kind) lately?, etc.- To react with "like" would be inappropriate in this case. A short and quick "yes answer" option would be great!

 

1.a) To have a reaction button that says someone's reply is a 100% unrelated to the original comment. e.g. Comment 1: walking in the forest/nature was a joyful and inspirational experience. Reply: nasa will never acknowledge the fake moon landing.

Believe it or not, I spotted a few replies of this kind on the previous and current forum versions. 

 

2. Definitely be provided with at least 24 hours editing option. Or an option that allows the user to choose how much time they give themselves (or maybe based of reputation?) to add sth or slightly reword what they have posted... or add a pic or a video. I do agree with others here who anticipate this maybe used in the wrong way. Well, then there could be 1 condition made for such option to be still available: if someone has already quoted the original post, maybe only minor changes can be made to it. Anyway, this like a knife that can be used in a good or bad way. To take into acc only the bad side is also incorrect. I-net is a dangerous thing too apart from all the advantages it offers, there should be a sensible balance between trust and control. It really depends on who is on the forum.

 

3. "Read only threads" that someone just mentioned is a great idea. Sth. like a reference/library resource. Or sth that you started and want to develop/explore, information wise.

 

4. An option for a member who starts a new topic to decide from the very start whether they want people to reply and chat or they only want others to join resources and post all the relevant to the topic info.

 

5. I would suggest to have 2 major sections of the forum in terms of info topics. 1) Consciousness, Perception, Awareness 2) Political & 3d Reality (On & Behind the Scene). Maybe we could vote or have a core management team to decide what's most appropriate, someone else on the now unavailable forum suggested sth similar to such branching. My branch name suggestion is slightly different, but I think it makes sense because different ppl gravitate more to one of these 2 topics and I think it would be more convenient for others to have these two topics separated, not mixed.

 

6. I don't mean it as punishment, but I have noticed there is a number of specific members who repeatedly derail other members topics. And that's not nice, because they basically take over someone else's thread, plus it confuses the readers. So, to somehow make such members aware- and those are mostly the same people, each and every time, maybe we can publicly flag/warn them/their actions so they will develop a better awareness of their behaviour in this particular regard?  And it may also simplify the mods job))).

E.g. you may see how "Shill Tactics" thread somehow ended up with DARPA technology +video, Flat Earth & chemtrails. I am not mentioning what happened to this thread and its original topic....

 

7. Create a separate pinned section where all usual and unusual tech issues and glitches can be reported and promptly dealt with. This section could be checked on a regular basis by say, a webmaster or you or some other admin capable of addressing those issues.

 

8. Have a separate, pinned thread for questions to the site management. This implies that, like Grumpy O. has already

suggested that the management would be more engaged and involved into what's happening here. We had a question section in the previous version of the forum, but we really need two, one for tech stuff, one for communication with the management, assuming that the section would be visited by the management and questions be answered.  

Edited by Finder
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When Sanctum Zone was on the go, we had a Swap Shop type thread that I thought was good. So if you had stuff to get rid of (no, not weed) you could put details on it and say the type of thing you would be prepared to swap it for - or you could just donate free of charge if you felt like it, and agree between you who would pay the postage cost if required. 

 

Books is a good example of that, as you could often sort out a straight swap and each pay the postage out for them.

 

I don't know if anyone would be interested here?

 

*Edit* The transactions would need to be with people you're comfortable trading postal addresses with via PM. Not just any old axe murdering muppet who appears for the 1st time.

 

 

 

Edited by Tinfoil Hat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

When Sanctum Zone was on the go, we had a Swap Shop type thread that I thought was good. So if you had stuff to get rid of (no, not weed) you could put details on it and say the type of thing you would be prepared to swap it for - or you could just donate free of charge if you felt like it, and agree between you who would pay the postage cost if required. 

 

Books is a good example of that, as you could often sort out a straight swap and each pay the postage out for them.

 

I don't know if anyone would be interested here?

 

*Edit* The transactions would need to be with people you're comfortable trading postal addresses with via PM. Not just any old axe murdering muppet who appears for the 1st time.

 

IDK. You could try but I'd imagine we are too paranoid here. :classic_laugh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, chocomel said:

 

IDK. You could try but I'd imagine we are too paranoid here. :classic_laugh:

 

Plus Basket Cases toys probably wont fit through the letterbox so ....

Edited by MrA
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MrA said:

 

Plus Basket Cases toys probably wont fit through the letterbox so ....

 

I hope he'll disinfect before sending. lol

I take it you are referring to butt plug or something rather?

Edited by chocomel
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

a prepping zone. for all things preppy, habitat, food, recipes, water purification, recipes

 

A means of flagging content that David might find useful ( looking at us lot this won't be used often)

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some of my thoughts have already been posted, namely: upping the reaction limit, a members only section and private threads. I also loved KillBill's suggestion that Bitchute videos should embed.

 

In addition, I would like to suggest:

  • An ancient / hidden history subforum.
  • Regarding the reaction limit, I think 20 would be better.
  • No upper limit on the number of members that can be added to a group PM.
  • Migrating existing profiles over including post count.
  • I personally dislike the leaderboard (this may not be popular with other members). I think the forum should be about focused on exchanging ideas as opposed to your typical social media popularity dopamine hit.
  • I think the Ickes should also mention the forum on videos / podcasts in order to try and grow the forum membership.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, chocomel said:

 

I hope he'll disinfect before sending. lol

I take it you are referring to butt plug or something rather?

 

What the hell choco !!! 

 

No I meant toy trains and cars 

 

Good.lord ! 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

Some of my thoughts have already been posted, namely: upping the reaction limit, a members only section and private threads. I also loved KillBill's suggestion that Bitchute videos should embed.

 

In addition, I would like to suggest:

  • An ancient / hidden history subforum.
  • Regarding the reaction limit, I think 20 would be better.
  • No upper limit on the number of members that can be added to a group PM.
  • Migrating existing profiles over including post count.
  • I personally dislike the leaderboard (this may not be popular with other members). I think the forum should be about focused on exchanging ideas as opposed to your typical social media popularity dopamine hit.
  • I think the Ickes should also mention the forum on videos / podcasts in order to try and grow the forum membership.

completely agree re leaderboard - it is egotistical. I feel the same about likes but not sure how else this would be captured in another way so happy to ignore them. Like dishing them out though

Edited by kj35
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

 

  • I personally dislike the leaderboard (this may not be popular with other members). I think the forum should be about focused on exchanging ideas as opposed to your typical social media popularity dopamine hit.
  • I think the Ickes should also mention the forum on videos / podcasts in order to try and grow the forum membership.

 

Those are good ! 

 

No more leaderboard and mention this place more 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kj35 said:

completely agree re leaderboard - it is egotistical. I feel the same about likes but not sure how else this would be captured in another way so happy to ignore them.

David's content from the main page should perhaps be shown on the forum too. Just a thread with the headlines. Am quite surprised sometimes how many people don't know what the latest content is on there (*coughs* flat earth)

Edited by kj35
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kj35 said:

completely agree re leaderboard - it is egotistical. I feel the same about likes but not sure how else this would be captured in another way so happy to ignore them.


No leaderboard, but the post total versus reactions can give some idea of members if you haven't engaged in discussion with them before..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Basket Case said:


Exactly.
No idea what everyone is going on about.
l'm a total vanilla virgin.
 

vanilla.jpg

 

Errr...maybe I'll withdraw that last suggestion after all. No offence, but you wouldn't want to find that unexpectedly pressed up against your window as a result of posting out a pack of carrot seeds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tinfoil Hat said:

 

Errr...maybe I'll withdraw that last suggestion after all. No offence, but you wouldn't want to find that unexpectedly pressed up against your window as a result of posting out a pack of carrot seeds.


l can personally deliver  :classic_tongue: 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Basket Case said:


No leaderboard, but the post total versus reactions can give some idea of members if you haven't engaged in discussion with them before..

think some people harvest likes rather than content but don't know how it is better captured. This is the first forum I've ever been on in a meaningful manner, could have done with a sort of "procedures manual" 

 

ie warning some people are trolls/shills/ here

derailing and what it is

don't trust basket case 

 

that sort of thing

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GarethIcke said:

The new forum is very nearly complete. The new davidicke.com will go live today and so all focus then moves to getting the new forum live. 

 

New webmaster has asked me if there are any functions that are important to you guys. 

 

If you have anything you really want the new forum to be able to do, drop it in here and I'll pass it on. He reckons it can all be implemented and live by the end of the week, so hopefully that will be a nice bit of news for everyone, after what has been a complete ball ache few weeks. 

Not sure if mentioned, but numbering the posts would be helpful. When people keep asking the same questions over and over you can easily send them to a specific post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...