How many professional footballers have died of Covid-19? (To those across the pond "footballers" refers to soccer players)

With the Premier League in England at a standstill, and football throughout the world in turmoil I thought it would be interesting to do a little search.

I started off with..

"How many premier league footballers have died of Covid-19?"

Not one name came up....zero.

Okay, lets broaden the scope a little...

"How many professional footballers are there in the world?"

"How many professional footballers in the world have died from Covid-19?"

According to my search, nobody.

This is strange because you would think that if they were trying to emphasize the dangers of the 'pandemic' then any footballer who died from Covid-19, even if from the lower reaches of a less popular league, would be reported?

There are reports of a 99 year old Ex-pro footballer dying after being "battered by Covid-19", a 21 year old Spanish coach of a team I'd never heard of (with leukemia!) dying from Covid-19, and ex-footballer Norman "bite yer legs" Hunter (who was 76).

And that's about it....65,000 professional footballers worldwide and apparently not one of them has died from Covid-19.

If I'm missing something here then feel free to set the record straight.

But if I'm not, then the question is.....WTF is going on?

I can't name any names right now, but I have at least seen some football players who have apparently 'shown symptoms' of Covid-19 / 'coronavirus'.

I guess even football players catch 'colds' too.

But certainly I don't recall seeing anything about any professional player having died 'from coronavirus'.

Then again, these people are all fit healthy young men, so I don't find this surprising in the least.

4 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

I can't name any names right now, but I have at least seen some football players who have apparently 'shown symptoms' of Covid-19 / 'coronavirus'.

I guess even football players catch 'colds' too.

But certainly I don't recall seeing anything about any professional player having died 'from coronavirus'.

Then again, these people are all fit healthy young men, so I don't find this surprising in the least.

Oh there's plenty of references to "testing positive for" alright, but that's because they are being tested more than the general public I reckon.

I realize these are fit and healthy people but even so....this worldwide "pandemic" which is wreaking havoc on the worlds population can't take down one footballer out of 65,000?

Perhaps the health 'experts' would be better off advising the public to throw away their masks, eat healthy and have a game of footy instead?:classic_smile: 

Yes, initially I was thinking quite a few sportsmen were smitten with the rumoured, tainted adrenochrome,  as per the likes of Hanks, Madonna, Ellen Degenerate etc (the 'secret' Trump / Q plot). Since then my confidence in the reality of that cunning plan has wavered somewhat.

27 minutes ago, Storm in the garden said:

I realize these are fit and healthy people but even so....this worldwide "pandemic" which is wreaking havoc on the worlds population can't take down one footballer out of 65,000?

4 minutes ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

Yes, initially I was thinking quite a few sportsmen were smitten with the rumoured, tainted adrenochrome,  as per the likes of Hanks, Madonna, Ellen Degenerate etc (the 'secret' Trump / Q plot). Since then my confidence in the reality of that cunning plan has wavered somewhat.

What is equally interesting is that no 'world leader' (to the best of my knowledge) has 'succumbed' to or died from this 'deadly disease'.

True that we've had people like Boris Johnson 'showing symptoms' and having hospital treatment, but I feel that's been more 'for show' than anything serious.

45 minutes ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

What about darts players?

Or is their athletic prowess too great?

If I was a professional footballer I'd be watching my back.

Can you imagine what they would give for just one high profile footballer to "succumb to the deadly virus"?

It would put any mention of a return to normality back years...half the Amazonian rain forests would be lost to the tabloids front pages, back pages and color supplements of his glorious career, non-stop reruns of his highlights on MSM, state funerals, weeping fans....a perfect storm for the cabal.

• 3 months later...