The Importance of Beauty

EnigmaticWorld

27 minutes ago, Dropship said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, for example I saw this pic on the net and it sort of grabbed me because it has a cool futuristic sci-fi look to it..:)

(PS- I know where it is but does anybody else care to guess? Clue- the answer might shock you)..;)

image.jpeg.c0a8a1be221cde5f88f3f82c1ce81a8a.jpeg

True, but more people will probably naturally gravitate towards a more welcoming and appealing environment that doesn't look like a dystopian hell if given the chance. Unfortunately a lot of people have to live where the work is though.

I like cyberpunk settings in entertainment, but I would never want that shit in real life for those that I care about. "Like" might not be the right word though, It's more so I can just get my thrills by trying to bring order to rootless cosmopolitans and taking out the filth, at least in video games that give me choice about who I side with anyway.

Edited by EnigmaticWorld

1 minute ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

..more people will probably naturally gravitate towards a more welcoming and appealing environment that doesn't look like a dystopian hell if given the chance. Unfortunately a lot of people have to live where the work is though.

I like cyberpunk settings in entertainment, but I would never want that shit in real life for those that I care about.

A post-apocalyptic environment might not be so bad as people think..:)

For example in the Survivors (1975) TV series after a major pandemic has wiped out most of the world's population, its resulted in a beautifully peaceful quieter world.

In this clip the group has set up home in a big country house and are having an after-supper singsong, the only clue that it's post-apoc are the paraffin lamps (no electricity).

Their choice of song is interesting, it's as if they're celebrating the fact that they'll never have to drag themselves out of bed ever again to go off to work in the pre-apoc rat race because that old world has gone for ever and doesn't matter any more..:)

https://youtu.be/ST9aGEhScxE

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
13 hours ago, Certified Green of Heart said:

Just in case anybody is into Passive Homes architecture or installation, there is this video I just found asking/ answering that very question.. I am however being a bit passive about watching it 😉, so saving it for a bit later... Also~ maybe I'm kidding by also saying maybe these show homes are not for show, but built for privacy, not made for youtube, 😋 and maybe I should find another job and give up being a construction worker when I am so passive about everything, just kidding again.. I am neither thing, much less a construction worker, but isn't it something to admire self-builds... Even~ Tiny Houses are amazing wheresoever they come into our imagination, and there too an even more practical purpose where in videos centering more on that, (can't guarantee their inclusion in this video tho).. we may become set on that if our intent is to be conscientious for the environment, anyway, not sure what's to learn in this video... Like or loathe it, but to learn of different ways to build or at least appreciate somebody else doing it, lol is quite something, and of course what different types of build consists of etc..

Eta in Bold:

Shut me right up, I just started watching, and I am learning a Passive House needs very little heating and cooling, so there we have it, I began learning something... And because I accidently clicked on play |> I thought I'd let others know at least that... Make your home in the concept of a thermos, where either heat or cooling can be achieved with less energy, there ya go = Passive House. I will have burn out if I try to tell you anymore. So, to avoid my fingers getting carpal tunnel syndrome.

TUMBLEWEED (sts) DISCLAIMER:- Not sure if currently anything tiny house wise COULD BE found in the following is at  all geared towards saving/ protecting the environment however until I come to watch it...

However elsewhere a so called Paradise Pine House I looked at on YT was talking about tiny houses, but perhaps not literally the real deal, since first of all it did not look so small of the one I took a peek at, unless all places of what would be a standard size in Europe are considered tiny in the USA, but anyway like I say that was another video I caught a clip of, (perhaps then of fairly normal dimensions if indeed a US home, but open plan with no hallways to save space at least)  FOR THAT <<>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfs5FbndR1E Yep the word "TINY" in inverted commas, so what I said would be about right concerning terminology on that^^ one.

If this is NOT??? appropriate for this thread, please feel free to report and get it deleted if it turns out not fitting with what might be anticipated...👍

interesting concept!
although i really think this post is in the wrong place lol
maybe survivalist/prepping/solutions section?

Edited by shabbirss
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

1987 Cannondale, built up from a nicely preserved frameset I found on craigslist.

No Chinese parts on this.

80s USA, Japan, or Italia components..

It rolls very nice on Dura Ace hubs. 

20240301_145702.jpg

20240301_145903.jpg

I forgot, it's got made in France tires. The tubes are probably Taiwan.

Edited by novymir
  • Like 1

Also notice we don't get to have beautiful models anymore. There was a time when I used to feel uplifted reading fashion magazines looking at all the beautiful faces (like Helena Christensen). We don't get to see that anymore, even if beauty sells. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2023 at 10:56 PM, EnigmaticWorld said:

I have no idea what I'm looking at, but I feel like this is some kind of joke at the viewers expense.

But don't you see this is beauty in itself? Probably the most beautiful post I have ever seen. Left up to the onlooker to decide. Chris Dangerfield would be blushing.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 10/21/2020 at 2:42 PM, EnigmaticWorld said:

artww2.jpg.6157b88436e799a59666c12eb8622e9a.jpg

From that to cubism. smh

"Cubism is still the most important art movement for the same reason that John D. is still the most important Rockefeller." - Brad Holland

What did Brad mean by that?

pm.jpg

Edited by EnigmaticWorld
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

pm.jpg

I'm afraid the rot had already set in by the first world war. In 1917 Marcel Duchamp used a urinal as a piece of sculpture, called 'Fountain'. And he's considered by the art establishment as one of the most important artists of the 20th century. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fountain_(Duchamp)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcel_Duchamp

220px-Marcel_Duchamp,_1917,_Fountain,_photograph_by_Alfred_Stieglitz.jpg

• Like 1