The Importance of Beauty

EnigmaticWorld

10 minutes ago, Golden Retriever said:

Freedom for all.

Wild and free horses.

“A horse is the projection of peoples’ dreams about themselves – strong, powerful, beautiful – and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.”

– Pam Brown

• Like 1

Not conventional in terms of asthetics, but shows beauty in the love this cat had for people. This, my middle daughter and Zebedee, a cat who just came to join us (even though we had two cats already, and he wasn't welcomed by them). He belonged to a neighbor and it was only after he died that we found out he had adopted at least two other families in the village.

I remember when I met him. I was sitting having a fag in my porch and he appeared in my garden. I love cats and so attracted his attention. He just came up, jumped onto my lap, settled down and purred.

Like one of my other cats he loved to get inside the bed for cuddles for a while.

image.png.24d02161fb4e2c64618724cf4467d29c.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Nobby Noboddy said:

Not conventional in terms of asthetics, but shows beauty in the love this cat had for people. This, my middle daughter and Zebedee, a cat who just came to join us (even though we had two cats already, and he wasn't welcomed by them). He belonged to a neighbor and it was only after he died that we found out he had adopted at least two other families in the village.

I remember when I met him. I was sitting having a fag in my porch and he appeared in my garden. I love cats and so attracted his attention. He just came up, jumped onto my lap, settled down and purred.

Like one of my other cats he loved to get inside the bed for cuddles for a while.

image.png.24d02161fb4e2c64618724cf4467d29c.png

Out of likes.

I have a cat too. She is mostly outdoors, probably because I have two dogs too. Now you have made me want to give her some attention, if I can get her in. lol

They're funny but lovely animals. Not only do they look cozy, but there is something about their vibrations.

Edited by EnigmaticWorld

I think beauty lies in simplicity like when there is an impatient long queue at the supermarket till only to find at the front of it is an elderly man buying some bacon, counting out his change and telling the cashier about cooking his breakfast. He has all the time in the world and I love that. 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh another thing I've just thought of that was beautiful. My friend brought her two and one year old to visit and whilst they were tottering around, the one year old stumbled a little. So the two year old instantly reached out to stop the fall. I thought that was a beautiful selfless thing in someone so young! really pure.

• Like 2

Guest Gone Fishing...
13 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

wise like an owl, and swift like an eagle.

That's 2 of our Mods.....l feel left out  :O( 

3 hours ago, Basket Case said:

That's 2 of our Mods.....l feel left out  :O( 

Lol, I didn't think of that. It wasn't intentional. Someone just brought up ancient Greece in another thread and it reminded me of some quotes I have been reading about birds after taking an interest in Ikaros, an eagle in Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

You have stumped me there. I'm not aware of any inpirational quotes about basket cases 😂

“Ask anyone: what is the deadliest white powder sold on the street, first synthesized in the nineteenth century? Heroin? Cocaine? They may suggest. Crystal meth? The answer? Portland cement.”

— The Cure for Catastrophe, Robert Muir-Wood

lol

Edited by EnigmaticWorld