Off Topic Stuff

7 hours ago, Nobby Noboddy said:

I think you can probably place abet like that somewhere. How big is your stake though?

Uh that's a trickey question. What do you think it should be?

I could be wrong but vaguely remember somewhere like William Hill might let you create your own bet....

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was looking for an image to take the piss out of a mate and happened across some information.   This is about the Davos (World Economic Forum) event 2020 and those who attended.  

I wonder who that might be..  🧐 

You are a beast.     Love this expression, so matter of fact.

Posted Images

D'oh! It's my son's 18th birthday on Sunday, so my daughter said today that she's driving over from Manchester with her boyfriend, and so that we're not breaking the distancing rules, we'll meet on the park for a picnic. 

I don't even know what the distancing rules are, because I've studiously ignored all the announcements for weeks. 

But the boy says he's not going for a bloody picnic so they'll have to come in our house whether they like it or not. Like me, he is unconcerned about the restrictions.

Edited by Tinfoil Hat
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

D'oh! It's my son's 18th birthday on Sunday, so my daughter said today that she's driving over from Manchester with her boyfriend, and so that we're not breaking the distancing rules, we'll meet on the park for a picnic. 

I don't even know what the distancing rules are, because I've studiously ignored all the announcements for weeks. 

But the boy days he's not going for a bloody picnic so they'll have to come in our house whether they like it or not. Luke me, he is unconcerned about the restrictions.

I'm exactly the same. I said to my Mum today that I would visit her with the kids and she seemed very sheepish. I said this to her 3 days ago and she didn't  come back to me so today I asked again. Normally my sister would have said she would put us all up (they all live 250 miles from me) but this time no offer?

I said to my partner tonight I bet it's due to restriction laws that I have no clue about. I also have no intention of looking into them either.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, chocomel said:

Have you seen the weather forecast for next week?

It's going to be 31C on Thursday....:classic_ohmy:

I can't sit in a cool cinema, cafe, KFC because of Covid...

I might have to visit Manchester....looking bearable there.

Yeah Going to be a hot sweaty one I think Chocomel.... good day for the beach.

• Like 1

In another 'off topic' topic. Having trawled through other forums it is also an eye opener that people have multiple accounts and masquerade different but similar beliefs under each. They try to hide it through different points of interest , even disguise the language they use but certain small idiosyncrasies give them away in their syntax which just come out. There's at least one poster here who has two pseudonyms over on truthzone. It's madness..why bother ? 

An example. (Not the real one I've spotted)

Maybe here they are esoteric and interested in metaphysical stuff. There they are both an avid right wing person in one avatar who never talks metaphysics and also a hippy history buff.  It's weird. Is this indicative of shill behaviour or just a very strange person?

Also I might be wrong..but I don't think so you see the facade slip after reading a number of posts.

There's probably a book you could write on the psychological behaviour of forum members.

I'd be in the paranoid 'used to be naive ' section :-)

Edited by kj35
5 hours ago, kj35 said:

In another 'off topic' topic. Having trawled through other forums it is also an eye opener that people have multiple accounts and masquerade different but similar beliefs under each. They try to hide it through different points of interest , even disguise the language they use but certain small idiosyncrasies give them away in their syntax which just come out. There's at least one poster here who has two pseudonyms over on truthzone. It's madness..why bother ? 

An example. (Not the real one I've spotted)

Maybe here they are esoteric and interested in metaphysical stuff. There they are both an avid right wing person in one avatar who never talks metaphysics and also a hippy history buff.  It's weird. Is this indicative of shill behaviour or just a very strange person?

Also I might be wrong..but I don't think so you see the facade slip after reading a number of posts.

There's probably a book you could write on the psychological behaviour of forum members.

I'd be in the paranoid 'used to be naive ' section :-)

Shills are strange people. Period.

Yeah agree why bother?

Are you going to write this book?

"How to spot shills in forums." A guide for moderators and admins;  managing a fast moving, forever shapeshifting community landscape. :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

?

6 minutes ago, chocomel said:

Shills are strange people. Period.

Yeah agree why bother?

Are you going to write this book?

"How to spot shills in forums." A guide for moderators and admins;  managing a fast moving, forever shapeshifting community landscape. :classic_biggrin:

It'd drive me bonkers.  No I'll carry on with my future predictions instead once forum all stable.??

Edited by kj35
  • Haha 1

This is an important question which nobody has asked before.

Q: How do you dismantle a pyramid?

Is this possible? Would you remove stone by stone from the top down?

I don't recommend blowing up the whole thing though because it means that we'll be gone with it too.

2068801-1572032478.jpg?itok=C_kebiKt

Reward: The best answer receives a Cornetto from me. Option: Chocolate, mint or Strawberry flavour. It will be sent via Royal Mail next day service.

note: I don't mean to dismantle the actual pyramids in Egypt. It's conceptual.

On 5/24/2020 at 6:16 PM, MrA said:

Sun is a giant halogen lamp ? 

The Sun is not just a lamp, but the sky is a projection from a giant projector some secret people are secretly shining up at a giant dome that covers our flat disc.  And we're all hypnotized from birth to never walk to the edge of the dome, but to believe we're travelling across the earth when in fact we're walking in a circle.  The clouds are not even real, and they do not travel counter-clockwise because of the Coriolis Effect, because even the Coriolis Effect is a projection.  All of the math that proves the Coriolis Effect is real is itself a conspiracy to trick us into believing the Earth is a sphere when it is fact a flat disk.  What would be the motive for hiding from us that the world is flat?  Some giant money-making scheme? 

On 6/9/2020 at 3:55 PM, Tinfoil Hat said:

Here's a tip - don't ever buy anything on-line from Wayfair!  ?

Their service is complete shite, and I'm furious with them messing me about, over an armchair that I ordered and paid for at the beginning of May, which I still have not received. So I've demanded a refund, and they're arsing about over how long it will take them to process that now. Don't give them your custom people, you will be disappointed.

I paid for an expensive tartan armchair. This was because my arthritis is getting worse & my old, low sofa was not comfy any more. I paid a man wit a van to take it away the day before the chair's delivery date - then sat in my living room on a flipping garden recliner for 2 months, while trying to find out where the heck my chair was!

After eventually chasing Wayfair daily for a couple of weeks - on each occasion, they could only email another department who I wasn't allowed to speak to and each time, they promised I'd get a response in 24 hours, which never happened - I demanded a refund.

I then chased the refund for a couple of weeks, and eventually got it. The day after, the delivery company turned up unannounced with the chair, and the man tried to bully my son into accepting it. But I'd heard this and got out of the bath naked & dripping wet, and bellowed down the stairs to take it away and darken my doorstep again at his peril. I emailed Wayfair telling them that I'd refused delivery after the refund, and that I wanted nothing to do with them in future. 

Then a week later (Monday this week) my new next door neighbour came round saying she'd taken in a delivery for me while I was out at work. It was the chair!

So, as far as I concerned, I've got a free £500 chair. If the dolts at Wayfair dare to approach me, I'll present them with an invoice for storage of the chair, which will match it's retail cost, and tell them that when that's been paid, they can collect it back at a time to suit me. Then I won't be in when they arrive.

• Like 2

Putin

putin-1189x800.jpg

Our PM

_113126382_mos-1.jpg

A photograph of the prime minister mid-workout dominates the Mail on Sunday's front page. Boris Johnson has given an interview to the paper, which reports he is promising a "building blitz" of hospitals, schools, homes and infrastructure projects to "save the British economy from disaster". The paper says details of the plan, which will cost tens of billions of pounds, will be announced on Tuesday. "If Covid was a lightning flash, we're about to have the thunderclap," the PM tells the paper.