What is your view on abortion ?

QuodHumana

https://psychicfocus.blogspot.com/2014/09/ivf-in-vitro-fertilization-impact-on.html

Q. In cases of IVF where embryos are created outside the body, does the soul enter at the time of creation of the embryos?  
A. I do see that it does.  I even have this image of several eggs being fertilized in one dish, and the souls are all hovered around it.  It looks like they are layered and all clustered in a group.  Each one is individual, but yet clustered together  I even see one fertilized egg (in some cases more but in the example I am shown it is one) looking to be "chosen" and at that very moment the remaining souls go back to the consciousness.  It was as if the souls decided who was going to be chosen for this life, and the rest went back to try again later when it "felt" right.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, bamboozooka said:

https://psychicfocus.blogspot.com/2014/09/ivf-in-vitro-fertilization-impact-on.html

Q. In cases of IVF where embryos are created outside the body, does the soul enter at the time of creation of the embryos?  
A. I do see that it does.  I even have this image of several eggs being fertilized in one dish, and the souls are all hovered around it.  It looks like they are layered and all clustered in a group.  Each one is individual, but yet clustered together  I even see one fertilized egg (in some cases more but in the example I am shown it is one) looking to be "chosen" and at that very moment the remaining souls go back to the consciousness.  It was as if the souls decided who was going to be chosen for this life, and the rest went back to try again later when it "felt" right.

Sorry but that is merely an opinion.... and conflicts with many other `` opinions``

I wonder why a ``soul`` would want to be chosen based on her view... If and in my view its a big if, souls hover over a petrie dish - surely they would be discerning which part of a learning curve they`d want to experience in another lifespan...not leave it to chance.

We dont come here as all knowing beings from my experience of life here. We learn, we are nurtured and possibly DNA is what manifests into the evolving cells.

When I was nursing and saw the results of terrible accidents or unsuccessful suicides, I noticed how people often changed personalities to greater or lesser degrees. Their families would say how they were different somehow. Residual brain injuries change personalities quite often - I feel a ``soul`` would remain the same - so for me I think when I describe spirituality it is something that maybe is not the same for everyone. I question whether a soul and spirituality are the same... I believe there are entities and I believe people have innate traits - but somehow souls hovering over a petrie dish seems rather unlikely to me.

Edited by Beaujangles

Posted (edited)

It's a good point Beaujangles...about brain injuries...

However my counter would be that our soul is beyond personality....personality is only really something we have acquired here on Earth.... it is a product of the brain and its various channels which block or transmit certain electro-chemical and hormonal signals.

We are not the brain.....however we are the electro-magnetic signals..... our soul is channeled into thoughts, emotions and opinions by our brain and other influences which I won't go into here....

Brain injuries damage the contours and shape of the brain therefore certain signals are blocked and the electo-magnetic soul energy can no longer express itself as it used to.

However it is still the same person or consciousness using that brain.... he just can't act or behave as he used to due to changes in his brain.

I also believe that brain injuries will not make a good man bad or bad man good....... there are innate inclincations....it may be more a case that the brain injury has heightened or promoted certain inclinations and made it harder to manifest certain others..... but although our personality is largely a product of our brain there is still some innate character behind us.......a kind of 'colour' of our soul.... which shapes who we are and how we develop.

As for souls hovering around a petri-dish..... you can say that instead awareness unfolds slowly...like a slowly opening door through which an electro-magnetic soul gradually passes into......

Edited by Edgewood

14 minutes ago, Edgewood said:

It's a good point Beaujangles...about brain injuries...

However my counter would be that our soul is beyond personality....personality is only really something we have acquired here on Earth.... it is a product of the brain and its various channels which block or transmit certain electro-chemical and hormonal signals.

I actually dont agree that we acquire our personalities here on Earth, not totally anyway. I think it is somehow tied in with DNA and that experiences will cause our natural tendencies to be either promoted or challenged.

When people say ``soul`` it conjures up a host of possibilities, not least that we all feel, some more deeply about some things and some moreso about other things....sometimes what we feel transcends and manifests into reality and for others into channels of varying fairytales.

We are not the brain.....however we are the electro-magnetic signals..... our soul is channeled into thoughts, emotions and opinions by our brain and other influences which I won't go into here....

There is a question that has been around for years... ` Where does the mind end and the brain begin``?

Brain injuries damage the contours and shape of the brain therefore certain signals are blocked and the electo-magnetic soul energy can no longer express itself as it used to.

However it is still the same person or consciousness using that brain.... he just can't act or behave as he used to due to changes in his brain.

I also believe that brain injuries will not make a good man bad or bad man good....... there are innate inclincations....it may be more a case that the brain injury has heightened or promoted certain inclinations and made it harder to manifest certain others..... but although our personality is largely a product of our brain there is still some innate character behind us.......a kind of 'colour' of our soul.... which shapes who we are and how we develop.

As for souls hovering around a petri-dish..... you can say that instead awareness unfolds slowly...like a slowly opening door through which an electro-magnetic soul gradually passes into......

I think sometimes people can overthink things.... and that reality is much clearer than many of the random perspectives and perceptions.

Brain injuries affect the processing ability, although there are some treatments that can retrain the circuits somewhat.

I find it strange that people tend to think souls are all good... IF souls exist independently.

I think there is a reason current medical situations are messing with DNA.

Posted (edited)

Well for one there are so many obvious examples of nurture having a more profound effect on the character and child development than nature.....or solely the DNA you inherit. 

Also don't forget that our DNA is constantly changing, or at least different aspects of it being switched on or off.... it's called epigenetics.... it means your life experiences actually effect your inheritable DNA, not the other way round.

So for instance someone who learns to be fluent in languages or music will pass on a facility with music or languages as an inheritable trait.

Edited by Edgewood

14 hours ago, Beaujangles said:

So at the end of the day it comes down to belief... You believe a spirit is created at conception. Although you will have no proof of this.

well, yes.

when life begins is the crux of the matter.

a few years ago i was adament that abortion was wrong after 10-12 weeks as the baby is fully formed

more recently i changed to the belief that life begins at conception as does the soul/spirit 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zArk said:

well, yes.

when life begins is the crux of the matter.

a few years ago i was adament that abortion was wrong after 10-12 weeks as the baby is fully formed

more recently i changed to the belief that life begins at conception as does the soul/spirit 

I think it`s good to know that your belief system has potential to change. Who and what changed your mind last time? I`m thinking it wasn`t from personal experience and more from what you have read or been told.

8 minutes ago, Beaujangles said:

I think it`s good to know that your belief system has potential to change. Who and what changed your mind last time? I`m thinking it wasn`t from personal experience and more from what you have read or been told.

the past couple of years has stretched my ponderance on all things, topics, issues, rights etc 

maybe an age thing also as the demographic shows a big shift

Screenshot_2022-06-28-11-30-55-808_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2022-06-28-11-31-14-006_com.android.chrome.jpg

8 hours ago, Edgewood said:

Well for one there are so many obvious examples of nurture having a more profound effect on the character and child development than nature.....or solely the DNA you inherit. 

Also don't forget that our DNA is constantly changing, or at least different aspects of it being switched on or off.... it's called epigenetics.... it means your life experiences actually effect your inheritable DNA, not the other way round.

I think that depends on what you read. I can see in my own family of aunts, cousins, sisters etc...that many share similar traits and they were not raised together. I have no problem with your belief that DNA has no profound worth but I dont share that view. I do agree that life experiences can affect the way we see things and our responses to things. 

I think there is a reason `they`want to alter DNA.

8 hours ago, Edgewood said:

So for instance someone who learns to be fluent in languages or music will pass on a facility with music or languages as an inheritable trait.

My grandfather was an amazing musician.  He had nine children that survived, only my mother had an ear for music. From his grandchildren (10) only two with particular musical talent. Of his great grandchildren 3 are very musical.

I do agree that many `talents` `traits` are inherited or remain latent within DNA

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, zArk said:

the past couple of years has stretched my ponderance on all things, topics, issues, rights etc 

maybe an age thing also as the demographic shows a big shift

Screenshot_2022-06-28-11-30-55-808_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2022-06-28-11-31-14-006_com.android.chrome.jpg

I think its more a case of media and  social pressures.   Polls for me are garbage... I for one have never contributed to one of these so called polls... I think DI forum polls have been my only experience. ( 😉) I just feel these polls pop up conveniently whenever there is need for public persuasion.

Edited by Beaujangles

One Reiki teacher that I know (a lady) once told me this story:

She was laying in her bed with her husband, doing you know what. After it was over, some time later, she started to feel one more presence in the room with them.

First she thought that it was some ghost or something, but after couple of days she was sure it wasn't a ghots etc.

So she went to do a pregnancy test and yes, she was pregnant.

Which would mean that the soul/spirit/consciousness of her child was with her pretty much since the moment of conception.

PS: as far as abortions are concerned, my opinion is that they should be legal only in cases of rape, and in cases of huge potential life threatening issues.

There is a rather simple solution to the whole abortion question/problem: stop being ho's, stop fucking random people, choose your partners wisely, take some time before committing to another person and have some morals and self respect ladies, and voalá, no more need for killing of innocent babies. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2022 at 5:42 AM, scowie said:

I don't believe the majority of women pick abortion as flippantly as you suggest, but then I guess I'm just not desperate for an excuse to pour scorn on a section of society.  I choose compassion.

I'll argue selectively and only address certain points you've made, whilst ignoring others entirely, because that's the strategy you've adopted. This ^^ is a misrepresentation of your stance on this matter. You're trying to make it seem as though you're playing devils advocate for women who seek abortions out of compassion, rather than out of some kind of personal agenda, or because you're projecting your own stuff onto that group. At least I was honest enough to be upfront about my infertility. At least I put all of my cards on the table. You should try it.

I watched a bit at the time point you directed me to and saw images of the dissected pieces of foetuses at various stages of development.  I have seen these sorts of images before you know.  If you thought seeing them in that video was going to shock me out of my POV regarding abortion, well i'm sorry to disappoint you.

This is genuinely interesting. I have a pretty strong case of complex PTSD and vacillate back and forth between complete numbness and extreme emotional dysregulation. You are, as far as I can tell, not in that position, and talk as though you are closer to "normality" yet when I look at images of aborted fetuses, I feel unimaginably sick, upset, sad, horrified, depressed. You look at it and reach the conclusion that this carnage is necessary. Have you considered analyzing that? Let me save you the bother: it's enculturation. "Society" says it's acceptable, therefore you attune to what "society" says. Only those in the Theta brainwave state can be active participants in enculturation. Theta brainwave = unconscious. 

You seem so desperate to attack people.  The truth is that I assume the best in people and you assume the worst

Fuck you. You don't know me. It is true that I see people's "shadow". That's just an inevitable side-effect of being an outsider my entire life. Would you like a little snapshot of my childhood? I couldn't count the number of adults who had seen me naked by the age of ten. I had things done to me your brain couldn't begin to imagine, so watch your fucking mouth. I'm well aware I come across as edgy and argumentative - so would anyone who had walked the road I've walked. I'm not sorry in the slightest so if you think accusing me of being a big meanie is going to silence me, think again. It was worth waiting the ten weeks to post this reply.

5 hours ago, Ethel said:

Fuck you. You don't know me. It is true that I see people's "shadow". That's just an inevitable side-effect of being an outsider my entire life. Would you like a little snapshot of my childhood? I couldn't count the number of adults who had seen me naked by the age of ten. I had things done to me your brain couldn't begin to imagine, so watch your fucking mouth. I'm well aware I come across as edgy and argumentative - so would anyone who had walked the road I've walked. I'm not sorry in the slightest so if you think accusing me of being a big meanie is going to silence me, think again. It was worth waiting the ten weeks to post this reply.

None of us know each others trauma... all we know is what people post. I have a few friends who are infertile.. One holds your opinion and two hold mine regarding abortion. To me this says we all have that right to choose. I don't mind what people post to try to bolster their argument or to defend their stance. I feel you have the right to your views regardless of whether I or anyone else agrees. In the same token I and others also have the same right. Based on the fact that those of us are fine for people to feel abortion is wrong but they can make that choice for their own bodies and own conceptions..whereas those who believe in choice will continue to have that belief... Basically you or anyone, should not have the right to decide what another woman does... ever...only what you choose for yourself. The same way dictated arranged forced marriages violate a woman's rights (unless she consents) or rape or vaccinations. The topic of the thread is " What is your view on abortion" It asks for views...it doesn't ask for ways to change peoples minds and to use videos to manipulate a way of thinking. No-one is trying to silence you. I personally like peoples views...it give an all round perspective. Then when I decide to stay with my own belief I know I have weighed up multiple viewpoints in order to reach my view.

On 7/4/2022 at 7:42 AM, XelNaga said:

One Reiki teacher that I know (a lady) once told me this story:

She was laying in her bed with her husband, doing you know what. After it was over, some time later, she started to feel one more presence in the room with them.

First she thought that it was some ghost or something, but after couple of days she was sure it wasn't a ghots etc.

So she went to do a pregnancy test and yes, she was pregnant.

Which would mean that the soul/spirit/consciousness of her child was with her pretty much since the moment of conception.

PS: as far as abortions are concerned, my opinion is that they should be legal only in cases of rape, and in cases of huge potential life threatening issues.

There is a rather simple solution to the whole abortion question/problem: stop being ho's, stop fucking random people, choose your partners wisely, take some time before committing to another person and have some morals and self respect ladies, and voalá, no more need for killing of innocent babies. 

I have had four children and can say that their presence was not in the room at conception. My daughter had a stillborn and I knew before being born that the baby would not survive - so I am not exactly without spirituality. I get senses too.

The part of your post I have highlighted is quite out of order in my opinion. People who want abortions...are often respectfully married, not hoes as you suggest or 'fucking randoms'.  It has nothing to do with morals or self respect being lacking either as you suggest. Your view is judgmental and lacks insight.

There are many many reasons woman have abortions and to lump them into such a derogatory and tunnel visioned viewpoint is both baseless and equally as repugnant as you seem to find pro choice for abortion.

I say this as someone who appreciates other posts of yours but this one I find disrespectful and condemning ...without having the knowledge of related situations to make any accurate determination. You have a right to your opinion..it helps when it is backed by evidence rather than flippantly calling women hoes, immoral and murderers.

Hi Beaujangles,

Well I do apologise, I guess I should have choosen my words more carefully.

But I still stand behind what I said, and firmly think that those two situations that I have mentioned are the only ones where having an abortion is justified. Just as there are only certain situation when murder would be justified (for me it is the same thing, this new trend in US/EU calling fetuses "lumps of cells" is disgusting).

"My body my choice" is such a stupid thing to say, when there is another body inside of your own. One should have "made a choice" in advance, choice to be carefull, not a choice to kill.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but that is just my opinion, of course.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, XelNaga said:

Hi Beaujangles,

Well I do apologise, I guess I should have choosen my words more carefully.

But I still stand behind what I said, and firmly think that those two situations that I have mentioned are the only ones where having an abortion is justified. Just as there are only certain situation when murder would be justified (for me it is the same thing, this new trend in US/EU calling fetuses "lumps of cells" is disgusting).

"My body my choice" is such a stupid thing to say, when there is another body inside of your own. One should have "made a choice" in advance, choice to be carefull, not a choice to kill.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but that is just my opinion, of course.

Yes I realize its your opinion...and I agree in that rape and health circumstances are matters that women take into consideration ( I know personally the latter) - however I dont see how someone elses opinion needs to be considered by anyone when a woman makes a decision about her body. That someone thinks a conception within someone else is their business is astounding.

While I agree that a viable fetus (foetus UK) (from approximately 21/22 weeks) should be born due to the ability to sustain its own life with minimal assistance, I fail to see how a non viable life that is wholly dependent upon a host (mother - natural or otherwise) can be anything other than the business of that mother. To force our opinions on others in my opinion is a dictate and should not be something that a woman has to consider when making a decision about her body.

I actually cant fathom how the opinion that says a rape conception is ok to remove and yet the all other conceptions are not. That in itself is a contradiction if preaching the sanctity of life. That means someone elses 'ethics' determines the outcome for the mother. That is totally wrong in my opinion. Thanks for your opinion and yes in my opinion it is harsh, to put it mildly. 

There is not another viable body inside a woman until it can breathe and support its own life, albeit with minimal intervention, aside from the feeding that all born viable life would receive. Do you make choices in advance on all occasions? Are you always careful? Do you as a presumable human being not make human spontaneous moves or decisions?  If people believe in a God...do they not also agree that there is God given free agency? We are all a different cluster of cells... there is nothing repugnant about that fact. The difference is that we can breathe and support our own lives to greater or lesser degrees. A fetus prior to say 20/22 weeks cannot. It is also a cluster of cells as we are and if it were removed from the mother it would die as it is not a viable cluster of cells  and not compatible with life. That is a fact whichever way someone tries manipulate it.

My body My choice is not a stupid thing to say at all....in fact you seem to believe in it fully in regard to rape victims.

9 hours ago, Beaujangles said:

Basically you or anyone, should not have the right to decide what another woman does... ever...only what you choose for yourself. 

I'm not "deciding" for anyone. I'm expressing an opinion. I haven't forcibly tried to prevent women from entering into abortion clinics, nor have I stood outside of one with a placard, shouting abuse. I've never tried to stop anyone.

9 hours ago, Beaujangles said:

The topic of the thread is " What is your view on abortion" It asks for views...it doesn't ask for ways to change peoples minds and to use videos to manipulate a way of thinking

It's a thread, people debate. This forum is full of debates. Everyone debates hoping they will be able to change each others minds, otherwise why would they bother debating? I am not interested in playing devil's advocate for killing babies, why would I? As for the video, the reason you have an issue with that is because you know it makes every pro-choicer look terrible. It displays carnage, and you know that makes the pro-abortion camp look like ruthless barbarians. The video stays. I'll post some more, if you like. 

Also, I am not the one who needs to "weigh up multiple viewpoints" because my viewpoint is harm-free, violence-free, peaceful, respects the value of life, and is pacifistic. Yours sees the greatest and most magnificent species which ever existed binned in a dumpster. Those are facts, deal with it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Beaujangles said:

Yes I realize its your opinion...and I agree in that rape and health circumstances are matters that women take into consideration ( I know personally the latter) - however I dont see how someone elses opinion needs to be considered by anyone when a woman makes a decision about her body. That someone thinks a conception within someone else is their business is astounding.

While I agree that a viable fetus (foetus UK) (from approximately 21/22 weeks) should be born due to the ability to sustain its own life with minimal assistance, I fail to see how a non viable life that is wholly dependent upon a host (mother - natural or otherwise) can be anything other than the business of that mother. To force our opinions on others in my opinion is a dictate and should not be something that a woman has to consider when making a decision about her body.

I actually cant fathom how the opinion that says a rape conception is ok to remove and yet the all other conceptions are not. That in itself is a contradiction if preaching the sanctity of life. That means someone elses 'ethics' determines the outcome for the mother. That is totally wrong in my opinion. Thanks for your opinion and yes in my opinion it is harsh, to put it mildly. 

There is not another viable body inside a woman until it can breathe and support its own life, albeit with minimal intervention, aside from the feeding that all born viable life would receive. Do you make choices in advance on all occasions? Are you always careful? Do you as a presumable human being not make human spontaneous moves or decisions?  If people believe in a God...do they not also agree that there is God given free agency? We are all a different cluster of cells... there is nothing repugnant about that fact. The difference is that we can breathe and support our own lives to greater or lesser degrees. A fetus prior to say 20/22 weeks cannot. It is also a cluster of cells as we are and if it were removed from the mother it would die as it is not a viable cluster of cells  and not compatible with life. That is a fact whichever way someone tries manipulate it.

My body My choice is not a stupid thing to say at all....in fact you seem to believe in it fully in regard to rape victims.

Well, I guess that is the thing we disagree about the most. It's not just a "woman's body = woman's choice", simply because, it takes two to make a baby. Fathers should also have a saying in that decision, it is fathers child as well. And also, I guess if we asked the baby does he/she wants to be aborted, he/she would probably say "hell no" 😅

Perhaps I'm just old fashioned, or raised too morally (I'll be 34 this year, so not too young and not too old), but I'm of the opinion that people should not fuck around, period. You only fuck with partners you choose wisely, partners that you at least see a future with (you never know how things will turn out, of course). I have never had a "one night stand" in my life, and whenever I liked a girl that I met and saw that I could have sex with her the first night, that was always the end of it. I want a lady, not a ho. Sorry, but that's just the way for me. If any of my previous girlfriends got pregnant, I would marry her, and that's it. One needs to stand behind his deeds till the end.

I find it ridiculous how many people use birth control things, it's like a direct way of saying "I wanna fuck around with random people withiut consequences".

As far as rape goes, that is probably one of the worst things that can happen to a person. That mother would probably have a certain level of hate or animosity towards her child her entire life. The child itself would be a constant reminder of the, probably, worst experience of her life. And that is no life for either of them. It's like a "mercy killing". For example, I'm generally against murder of course, but, if I got to a situation where I had a chance to kill one person, and that way save many innocent people from being killed, I would kill him without hesitation.

PS: science has recently discovered a first being on Earth that lives without breathing. Compared to it, fetus is 100% a living being 😁

2 hours ago, XelNaga said:

Well, I guess that is the thing we disagree about the most. It's not just a "woman's body = woman's choice", simply because, it takes two to make a baby. Fathers should also have a saying in that decision, it is fathers child as well. And also, I guess if we asked the baby does he/she wants to be aborted, he/she would probably say "hell no" 😅

It may take two to make a baby... and even a test tube in some cases! ...but at the end of the day the fetus grows within the mother...it is connected internally to the mother, it feeds and grows only from the mother.I dont agree that fathers should have an ultimate say at the non viable stage. It is not a child at the non viable stage. It is different when it becomes viable. This is why this whole debate is without substance re choice or not in my opinion.. The womans body is hers...what is within her is hers until such time as becomes a separate entity. You wouldnt be able to ask the fetus what it wanted because it is not viable pre 20 weeks ..therefore it does not breathe, does not speak and does not operate as a separate entity. So that train of thought is a non starter... much like the rest of the hypothetical discussions surrounding the subject.

Perhaps I'm just old fashioned, or raised too morally (I'll be 34 this year, so not too young and not too old), but I'm of the opinion that people should not fuck around, period. You only fuck with partners you choose wisely, partners that you at least see a future with (you never know how things will turn out, of course). I have never had a "one night stand" in my life, and whenever I liked a girl that I met and saw that I could have sex with her the first night, that was always the end of it. I want a lady, not a ho. Sorry, but that's just the way for me. If any of my previous girlfriends got pregnant, I would marry her, and that's it. One needs to stand behind his deeds till the end.

I personally dont see you have been raised too morally from your posts. In fact I see the posts of someone who makes quick judgments without looking at the whole picture....possibly naivety. At 34 you have a fair bit of living to do and experiences to witness. Maybe when you advance in age you may be able to make a more panoramic set of opinions.

I find it ridiculous how many people use birth control things, it's like a direct way of saying "I wanna fuck around with random people withiut consequences".

As far as rape goes, that is probably one of the worst things that can happen to a person. That mother would probably have a certain level of hate or animosity towards her child her entire life. The child itself would be a constant reminder of the, probably, worst experience of her life. And that is no life for either of them. It's like a "mercy killing". For example, I'm generally against murder of course, but, if I got to a situation where I had a chance to kill one person, and that way save many innocent people from being killed, I would kill him without hesitation.

I agree rape is a terrible thing to happen to anyone. But if you are going to preach about the sanctity of nonviable life then why make excuses for a conception from rape? There are other options if you are willing to continue a pregnancy to term. You cant say poor fetus that is not viable in one breath and then say well except for some. Thats hypocrisy. Calling that kind of abortion a 'mercy killing' is again a contradiction to your claim for the sanctity of non viable life.

I  think you may have a hangup about loose women....just my opinion. Abortions are not sought solely by people who 'fuck around'... that is a very stunted viewpoint in my opinion... many decent women seek abortion and for a variety of reasons.

PS: science has recently discovered a first being on Earth that lives without breathing. Compared to it, fetus is 100% a living being 😁

I think you are attempting to compare two different species. Sorry to piss on your parade 😉

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ethel said:

I'm not "deciding" for anyone. I'm expressing an opinion. I haven't forcibly tried to prevent women from entering into abortion clinics, nor have I stood outside of one with a placard, shouting abuse. I've never tried to stop anyone.

I didnt say YOU were!!! I said you or anyone....= generally. Trying to manipulate people to feel guilty is not a nice thing to do...in my opinion.

8 hours ago, Ethel said:

It's a thread, people debate. This forum is full of debates.

Yes I am aware and have said exactly that in my own posts that people have a right to their opinions.. Maybe you didnt read them through thoroughly.

8 hours ago, Ethel said:

Everyone debates hoping they will be able to change each others minds, otherwise why would they bother debating? I am not interested in playing devil's advocate for killing babies, why would I? As for the video, the reason you have an issue with that is because you know it makes every pro-choicer look terrible. It displays carnage, and you know that makes the pro-abortion camp look like ruthless barbarians. The video stays. I'll post some more, if you like. 

I disagree with what you say..and as yet you haven't substantiated any of your opinions past what you believe. This here ^^^ is a very judgmental view of others which is wrong in my opinion in so many ways. Again my opinion. (Shouldnt have to keep saying it for point to get across, but feel here it is necessary)  Post whatever you like. I have seen abortions take place and you are exaggerating and displaying a lack of self control in your anger. Your personal situation may have brought this about, but I am not going to agree just to make you feel better. I do not mean that in any way other than I understand that personal situations may influence peoples feelings.  Get angry all you like, try to demean others views all you like...but such judgmental ism has no place in my debate regarding a woman's choice. It is her choice. I certainly dont seek to change anyones mind. I speak only for the right of each individual woman to make their own choice.

8 hours ago, Ethel said:

Also, I am not the one who needs to "weigh up multiple viewpoints" because my viewpoint is harm-free, violence-free, peaceful, respects the value of life, and is pacifistic. Yours sees the greatest and most magnificent species which ever existed binned in a dumpster. Those are facts, deal with it.

Your viewpoint is certainly not harm -free, violence free or peaceful. It also does not respect others lives, situations or circumstance. It is also not pacifistic, when you consider the anger directed through words and posts to others. I see aggression...and sometimes passive aggression.  Those are the facts as I see it...and in your own words... you can deal with that.. Maybe think about it first as I feel you are oblivious to your own aggressiveness towards others. I feel you will no doubt claim otherwise and thus belie your posts. But I have no desire to debate you further as I feel there would be no reasoning or point. 

Edited by Beaujangles

9 hours ago, Diesel said:

If you ask an old lady her regrets of life, if applicable abortion will be in the top. Life begins at conception. 

Are you suggesting you know a lot of old ladies who've had abortions?  Posting a line does not make it true...

Being born is taking the FIRST breath and being able to do so.

Edited by Beaujangles

18 minutes ago, Beaujangles said:

Are you suggesting you know a lot of old ladies who've had abortions?  Posting a line does not make it true...

Being born is taking the FIRST breath and being able to do so.

True being born is the first breath but I believe life begins at conception. Yes I have spoken with older women who look back with regret on abortions. As you get older you spend time reflecting on your life.

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

True being born is the first breath but I believe life begins at conception. Yes I have spoken with older women who look back with regret on abortions. As you get older you spend time reflecting on your life.

I also know older people who do not feel as you suggest. Which brings me back to choice. We make choices. Sometimes people have regret and sometimes they dont. But imagine being forced to do something you do not want to do. What effect and impact do you think that would have on someone?