A new tech thread

Posted (edited)

I tried Midjourney yesterday. Got a pretty good synthwave Brittania.

Fl7o-Xe-VWAAAc3-Nw.png

Besides hands, its main weakness seems to be typography, so I would still do text in Photoshop or Illustrator for now. It can do nice logo elements though.

Edited by EnigmaticWorld
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

I tried Midjourney yesterday. Got a pretty good synthwave Brittania.

Fl7o-Xe-VWAAAc3-Nw.png

Besides hands, its main weakness seems to be typography, so I would still do text in Photoshop or Illustrator for now. It can do nice logo elements though.

Try the FREE Stable Diffusion model at https://playgroundai.com/

It's easier to use than Discord's Midjourney setup and you can produce limitless images for nothing!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, webtrekker said:

Try the FREE Stable Diffusion model at https://playgroundai.com/

It's easier to use than Discord's Midjourney setup and you can produce limitless images for nothing!

Been using that too. Had better results with stylized art in Midjourney, but I haven't tried realism yet, and maybe I need to just look for prompt tips for Stable Diffusion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

@Stuart dorransRemember when you said this?

Seems like it's working because this crap is totally off-putting.

1673048935733702.png

The sad part is that looks tame compared to some of the trends some young white girls are following on TikTok.

@EnigmaticWorldIf you think this is bad look what goes on in hook-up culture. Teenagers are sending boys pictures of their breasts and private parts to see if they are good enough for a one night stand. We are living in Sodom and Gomorrah. Disgusting immoral acts are everywhere. Who was it that said they will kill our sons in their wars and turn our daughters into whores🤔 I don't advocate for hitting children, but if I found out any of my daughter's went to a class like that I would slap the shit out of them. Kids need discipline but you have to be careful not to get the child catchers, oops, I mean social services involved.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 3:18 PM, EnigmaticWorld said:

On 8/18/2021 at 3:18 PM, EnigmaticWorld said:

Re: Git browser.

Which download is a browser for Android, which download is a browser for desktop? Once you download how do you open/use it?

Thank you for sharing this extensive list. Your contribution is appreciated!

Edited by HumanPerson

1 hour ago, HumanPerson said:

Re: Git browser.

Which download is a browser for Android, which download is a browser for desktop? Once you download how do you open/use it?

Thank you for sharing this extensive list. Your contribution is appreciated!

Not sure, I haven't used most things on it. It's this guys list:

https://www.minds.com/newsfeed/1207596107743027200

And no prob.

We don’t yet know exactly how 6G wireless technology is going to work. But researchers at the University of Massachusetts Amherst believe using humans as antennas to power 6G may be the most viable way to harvest additional energy that would otherwise get wasted.

After experimenting with wires, coils, and backgrounds, the scientists realized the human body offers the best medium—up to 10 times better than any other setting tested—for amplifying a copper coil’s ability to collect leaked RF energy. They then built the Bracelet+—an inexpensive gadget that is meant to be worn on the forearm, but can adapt into a ring, belt, or necklace—to harvest lost energy. The coiled copper Bracelet+ can reach up to micro-watts, enough to support on-body health monitoring sensors, which require little power to work, the team says.

Coupling the copper coils with VLC systems uses humans as antennas to power up the technology they use.

“Ultimately,” Xiong says, “we want to be able to harvest waste energy from all sorts of sources in order to power future technology.”

https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/energy/a42419268/6g-power-humans-antennas/

Edited by Velma
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Russia's Unified Biometric System: Question More?
'Why are so many "indy" media outlets indistinguishable from Russian state media?'
https://edwardslavsquat.substack.com/p/russias-unified-biometric-system

The bill caused so many protests and negative reviews that lobbyists from the Ministry of Digital Development and the State Duma, frightened by the wrath of the people, renamed the legislation on the fly.

Say, do not worry, citizens, we care about you! This “dressings up” shows there is a lot of dishonest and dirty things with the mentioned law. […]

The bill on a unified biometric system (UBS) was allegedly developed “in connection with the implementation of state policy in terms of increasing the security of processing biometric personal data.” The document establishes the “legal basis for this processing”, but does not explain why it is needed in principle.

And here the questions are: what—the current passport is not enough to confirm the identity of a citizen? What is wrong with this document? Only because it does not allow introducing a system of total digital control over every person in the country? […]

Hearings were held in the Public Chamber of the Russian Federation, where tough questions were formulated for gentlemen lobbyists. But they did not answer them—they simply did not come to the hearings.

I won't share the video but AI Twitch streamer bot, Neuro Sama got banned for saying that's it's not sure if it believes a certain historical narrative. It's Tay Tweets all over again. More info on Keemstar's Twitter.

Edited by EnigmaticWorld

I get Midjourney to render a cool synthwave Princess Zelda, then it adds some crap on her cheeks. Happens too often and I'm looking forward to when they fix that. And yeah, I know I can just paint it out in Photoshop.

Jay-NME-princess-zelda-synthwave-8142b51

That Britannia one before I edited it:

1.jpg

And some others I did:

3.jpg

2.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

I get Midjourney to render a cool synthwave Princess Zelda, then it adds some crap on her cheeks. Happens too often and I'm looking forward to when they fix that. And yeah, I know I can just paint it out in Photoshop.

1.jpg

And some others I did:

3.jpg

2.jpg

These are stunning images. I can design and finish a boat but as far as this goes I have the artistic talent of a brick.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bombadil said:

These are stunning images. I can design and finish a boat but as far as this goes I have the artistic talent of a brick.

Well, I don't take credit for these because it's just AI.

I can illustrate some things okay, but I'm not good at mechanical stuff.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, sickofallthebollocks said:

AI now able to put anyones voice and eye movements on anyones face convincingly (prob always been around anyway) but interesting to see here:

Neck brace and dark glasses it is then!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

1.jpg

And some others I did:

3.jpg

2.jpg

Fuck me, did you draw all of the above Enig? It's awesome.

I luve the last one though all of them looks fab. she's got the kind of "You fuck with me, I'll fuck you motherF" kinda look. 😁

Do you use Blender (3D)?

Edited by DaleP
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DaleP said:

Fuck me, did you draw all of the above Enig? It's awesome.

Nah, just testing out artificial intelligence art generators. I don't like AI taking over art because creation is a beautiful thing and I don't want machines taking over, but I'm just curious to see what it's capable of.

7 minutes ago, DaleP said:

Do you use Blender (3D)?

I do, but mainly just low poly stuff for hobbyist game development. My skills are mainly in Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.

• Like 1