A new tech thread

2 hours ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

Cryptocurrency Technology Is ‘The New Engine’ for Cybercrime, Argues Israel’s Check Point
https://www.algemeiner.com/2021/07/23/cryptocurrency-technology-is-the-new-engine-for-cybercrime-argues-israels-check-point/

So predictable.

FFS - as an aside the irony in this article is laughable - it's the abysmal failings in cyber security companies and their products like Check Point that open  corporations and governments to cyber attack anyway!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daithi said:

FFS - as an aside the irony in this article is laughable - it's the abysmal failings in cyber security companies and their products like Check Point that open  corporations and governments to cyber attack anyway!

It's the demonization of cryptocurrency that concerns me, seems like they're turning up the heat. I hear you though.

4 hours ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

Mutahar discusses Pegasus.

What a shame that pegasus malware gets installed using mundane hack attacks like spoof email links etc.

I hope lots of organisations fighting for freedom get to see something like this and get educated on how to not end up with spyware on their devices.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

The Britcoin revolution! Rishi Sunak plans to replace our cash with official digital currency in 'biggest upheaval in the monetary system for centuries'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9821855/Rishi-Sunak-plans-replace-cash-official-digital-currency.html

Didn’t see this coming! I’d like to be the first to coin the phrase “ Back to barter.” That’s my way of “building back better!”

• Like 2

Arm’s cheap and flexible plastic microchip could create an ‘internet of everything’
https://www.theverge.com/2021/7/23/22590001/arm-plasticarm-cheap-flexible-plastic-microchip-internet-of-everything

'If you think microchips are ubiquitous now, appearing in everything from washing machines to lampposts, just wait until circuits can be printed onto plastic, paper, and fabric for the price of pennies. That’s what chip designer Arm is promising, with the company this week unveiling a new prototype plastic-based microchip named PlasticARM.'

9 hours ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

Anybody driving a newish car needs to educate themselves on privacy and reconsider their choice! Shitty old cars with zero tech all the way for me these days 👍 (until they're outlawed, then it's horseback, push bike and Shank's pony)

• Like 1

• lake pinned this topic