Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, ink said:

I don't mate and that is why at times you need to use other search engines .... again normally I would never go near the fuckers!

Indeed. As for the old forum, can someone please soon tell us what is going on? I would far rather transfer some threads over, by actively using the old forum itself. This would negate the issue of seemingly 'uncacheable' threads in search engines and would also be far more convenient regardless. However, if it must be via a search engine, then so be it. Perhaps someone else can enlighten us, as to why some threads in search engines seem to be 'uncacheable' .

On another thread, I already suggested that the site team could make a big effort to at least bring back the old forum temporarily. They could also make an announcement to that effect. You know, like Windows XP won't be supported after 'x' date. If it then gets knocked out again after the deadline date, which might require too big an effort to again get it fixed, then so be it. At least everyone will have had a decent chance at transferring some threads over.

There could also be an 'Old Forum Thread Transfer Request' thread started on this forum, which some forumites, who don't feel very apt at transferring threads over, could benefit from. I would be very happy to transfer some requested threads over to help out. At the end of the day, I think that 13 years of graft on the old forum is too much to turn our backs on, IF it is possible to at least bring it back temporarily. What do you reckon then?       

Edited by numnuts
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone.  It looks like we're currently back to relatively normal at the moment. Davidicke.com was under a sustained attack for over 72 hours and  Ickonic was under a sustained attack for abo

Lets see if this totally cut down try works ....   2 hours ago, Basket Case said: Ta  How long do things like this remain available ? (and how do you find them) I don't know

I can't .... I have asked but the developers have not replied (fucking pain I know)   I asked Gareth if I can have a copy of the old forum database and was told "That should be fine for you

Posted Images

It's not right yet here. I've tried all ways possible to post an article about NASA claiming to have found evidence of a parallel universe where time appears to run backwards, but now I'm giving up. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

It's not right yet here. I've tried all ways possible to post an article about NASA claiming to have found evidence of a parallel universe where time appears to run backwards, but now I'm giving up. 

The link on it's own won't post ?

(name the site and title of the article)

Edited by Basket Case
25 minutes ago, Basket Case said:

The link on it's own won't post ?

(name the site and title of the article)

David Icke main page under nature of reality has a copy

Posted (edited)

According to the news outlet the Daily Star, low-energy neutrinos can pass by our planet with no problem, barely interacting with anything. 

Nevertheless, high-energy particles will be stopped by our planet's solid matter, which is why these high-energy particles are detected coming "down" from space. 

However, the team's ANITA detected a tau neutrino or a heavier particle coming from "up" out of the Earth in 2016, which means that these particles are traveling back in time and could be evidence of a parallel universe. 

The bizarre phenomenon was reported by the NASA scientists, led by Peter Gorham, an experimental particle physicist from the University of Hawaii, as well as the principal investigator of the ANITA. Even the discovery of the tau neutrino happened by accident, as Gorham and his team decided to investigate signals that have been dismissed as noise in the first two flights of the device, as noted by New Scientist. 

It goes on a bit more and is v interesting. Had to copy paste text in blocks the paste as plain text. Couldn't link and could 'select all'

Edited by kj35
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, kj35 said:

According to the news outlet the Daily Star, low-energy neutrinos can pass by our planet with no problem, barely interacting with anything. 

Nevertheless, high-energy particles will be stopped by our planet's solid matter, which is why these high-energy particles are detected coming "down" from space. 

However, the team's ANITA detected a tau neutrino or a heavier particle coming from "up" out of the Earth in 2016, which means that these particles are traveling back in time and could be evidence of a parallel universe. 

The bizarre phenomenon was reported by the NASA scientists, led by Peter Gorham, an experimental particle physicist from the University of Hawaii, as well as the principal investigator of the ANITA. Even the discovery of the tau neutrino happened by accident, as Gorham and his team decided to investigate signals that have been dismissed as noise in the first two flights of the device, as noted by New Scientist. 

I got so weary of clarting about with it, I just abandoned it (not for the 1st time) ?

1 hour ago, ink said:

Lets see if this totally cut down try works ....

2 hours ago, Basket Case said:

Ta 
How long do things like this remain available ?
(and how do you find them)

I don't know how long they stay .... by rights it should be for good but currently who knows??

Even though I hate them, to do this I use google and bing (bing very often has newer cashes)

For both it is the same .... you search a single site, such as for this one and wanting to find posts about 'Larken' .... you would put into the search field ....

site:social.davidicke.com larken

notice no spaces until the actual search term you wish to find .... then you dont go to the main link in the results ....

You see on two of the returned results that there is a small upside down triangle .... click that and then you have the option to click on the latest cashes of the page (this is the same on both search engines)

To view say page 2 (or what ever number) you need to add at the end of the returned url .... so for

https://social.davidicke.com/index.php?/topic/1800-the-truth-about-organ-donation/

Which is the first page of 3 .... Once you get that page url then if you add to the end

https://social.davidicke.com/index.php?/topic/1800-the-truth-about-organ-donation/&page=2

or the 3rd page

https://social.davidicke.com/index.php?/topic/1800-the-truth-about-organ-donation/&page=3

And you do a normal search for those 'links' then click the upside down triangle in the results to get the cashes of that page.

Or some stuff like that :)
Right lets see if this posts ....

Should we be doing this now on threads we perhaps started or should we wait for new forum?

10 minutes ago, kj35 said:

Should we be doing this now on threads we perhaps started or should we wait for new forum?

l'd guess, what ever floats your boat, but be prepared to do it again if you do it now..

48 minutes ago, kj35 said:

I did, earlier, ask that question directly and was told that the 'webmaster' has stated that the current posts and threads can be moved to the new, updated forum.

35 minutes ago, ink said:

I did, earlier, ask that question directly and was told that the 'webmaster' has stated that the current posts and threads can be moved to the new, updated forum.

Good News :classic_cool:

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, ink said:

This is very good news, which will give everyone confidence to keep on posting here. When are we 'likely' to hear about retrieving the threads from the forum that went down on Saturday morning? Any 'guesswork' appreciated. :classic_smile:

Edited by numnuts
4 minutes ago, numnuts said:

Any 'guesswork' appreciated.

Down to the 'webmaster' mate .... I don't know :(

The damage done was much more than was first thought!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ink said:

Just tried it but the forum page blocks me inputing any links and I'm worried I'll end up blocking the new page with all my "cut and pastes". so I'll wait. Most of my things seem to be there. But my stuff was relatively new. :-(

Edited by kj35
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, kj35 said:

Just tried it but the forum page blocks me inputing any links and I'm worried I'll end up blocking the new page with all my "cut and pastes". so I'll wait. Most of my things seem to be there. But my stuff was relatively new. :-(

lf you post plain text first, then post the link in a subsequent comment, it works.

• Thanks 1
Just now, kj35 said:

Yes .... to cut and paste anything will be difficult currently :(

But it must be that way for the time being.

Once the new forum is ready then everything can be put there .... for now .... copy and save that which you consider to your own system .... the main covid information threads (the refuting ones) have multiple saves of but any others you think maybe totally removed .... save them :)

I'm going to wait if we all start doing it we'll flood everything and it is still just the links it doesn't look like it did. Am going to hang on and see if the webmaster comes up with a better solution

3 minutes ago, kj35 said:

if the webmaster comes up with a better solution

Hopefully he/she can still save all the forum!

They have much more knowledge and skill than I do.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, kj35 said:

I'm going to wait if we all start doing it we'll flood everything and it is still just the links it doesn't look like it did. Am going to hang on and see if the webmaster comes up with a better solution

The ideal solution, in my 'untechie' mind, would be to retrieve the forum that went down on Saturday morning; then shift all of the threads from this temporary forum on to that forum; then to migrate the now resurrected forum that went down on Saturday morning to the new forum (sigh); and then to retrieve the old forum from 2006, at least temporarily, so that preferred threads from there can be migrated on to the new forum. Sorted. :classic_laugh:

Edited by numnuts
1 minute ago, ink said:

Hopefully he/she can still save all the forum!

They have much more knowledge and skill than I do.

I hope so because I can only find front pages all the other data seems to be missing. am keeping trying

1 minute ago, kj35 said:

I hope so because I can only find front pages all the other data seems to be missing. am keeping trying

Give me an idea of a thread you want to save Kj?

1 minute ago, numnuts said:

The ideal solution, in my 'untechie' mind, would be to retrieve the forum that went down on Saturday morning; then shift all of the threads from this temporary forum on to that forum; then to migrate the forum that went down on Saturday morning to the new forum (sigh); and then to retrieve the old forum from 2006, at least temporarily, so that threads from there can be migrated on to the new forum. Sorted. :classic_laugh:

Contract sold to Numnuts......what's your price ?  :classic_tongue:

• Like 1