Jump to content

Where is the Moderator Muir?


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kj35 said:

They closed down the thread because I was being a twat ( I think ) Because I was concerned member entelechy was trying to start a shit storm.

I wouldn't do it again now. It is not my place. I am not a mod (nor do I ever wish to be). One week ago we were under a complete nightmare. Emails and ip addresses were being posted (thankfully quickly removed,) . They tried to access my account too. Merely because I was the first to tell the hacker to fuck themselves. Mods and staff were clearly overwhelmed.  We did not know truthspoon had deleted his account. Accidentally.  Entelechy had already tried to goad an anti semetic shit storm on another thread and called either me or Jupiter12 the court jewess. With other implications.  Given we were hearing the hack was originating in Israel if you read that thread back I hope the above explanation helps.

 

I'm sorry GR. 

 

Also. I quite like the term 'court jewess' I'm going to sign all my Christmas cards with it this year. (!)

 

Also entelechy.  Fill your boots. Everyone's not distracted now. As you were. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by kj35
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is silly tbh    Muir is not responsible for the hack    He himself has been hounded off of discussion boards for years and was also heavily censored when progressives wore the

Of course the logical explanation for all this is that Muir was a mole ...  MI5 paymasters  would expect him to put in 9 to 5 type hours , so he would have no trouble in building up the highest number

I agree .... and I had many, many conversations with him .... and I trust him.

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, kj35 said:

They closed down the thread because I was being a twat ( I think ) Because I was concerned member entelechy was trying to start a shit storm.

 

I think just removing posts would deal with that ... no need to lock the thread ....

 

Let me put it this way ... Suppose you ran a hotel for many years , same employees , they all turned up for work every day  .. then one night the hotel burnt down , and one of these employees just disappeared ... no one could find or contact him ... who do you think the police would suspect and  go looking for ??? 

 

Also I think it's a myth that forums or any system can just be hacked by clever computer geeks ... They need the password  to get to the operating system ... normal moderators would not have this ... but if management felt they could trust Muir , they may have handed over tasks to him which required the next level password ...

 

It had to be an inside job ... if not ... if outside people can just hack , then what's to stop them doing the same next week , and the week after ? 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, oz93666 said:

 

I think just removing posts would deal with that ... no need to lock the thread ....

 

Let me put it this way ... Suppose you ran a hotel for many years , same employees , they all turned up for work every day  .. then one night the hotel burnt down , and one of these employees just disappeared ... no one could find or contact him ... who do you think the police would suspect and  go looking for ??? 

 

Also I think it's a myth that forums or any system can just be hacked by clever computer geeks ... They need the password  to get to the operating system ... normal moderators would not have this ... but if management felt they could trust Muir , they may have handed over tasks to him which required the next level password ...

 

It had to be an inside job ... if not ... if outside people can just hack , then what's to stop them doing the same next week , and the week after ? 

 

I joined up to this forum not long before the attack happened, and I have to confess I did find it odd how it could happen in such a devastating way if it wasn't an inside job. But I have to ask, if this is the case, why don't management just fess up about it? And also, if you had the passwords to get to the operating system, etc, they could literally destroy this whole site. Why didn't Muir go that far? I wasn't actually here when the attack took place, but I just find it odd that someone would be a mole for all those years, for 5 years, only to mess up. Because what has he actually achieved aside from deleting some of the threads? I'm interested to hear yours and other peoples thoughts on this.

Edited by TruthSeeker27
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, TruthSeeker27 said:

 But I have to ask, if this is the case, why don't management just fess up about it?

 

Nobody likes to admit their errors ..

The way management just deleted the old forum with no explanation indicates they regard members as sleeping partners  ...We Don't Need to Know 

 

11 minutes ago, TruthSeeker27 said:

 

 And also, if you had the passwords to get to the operating system, etc, they could literally destroy this whole site. Why didn't Muir go that far? 

 

I don't know enough about computing to answer that ... but I would imagine there are deeper and deeper levels , perhaps the hacker did not have  deepest level access ...

 

Or perhaps MI5 realize if the forum is totally gone , their infiltration and hacking department is out of work ...defunded .

Edited by oz93666
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oz93666 said:

 

Nobody likes to admit their errors ..

The way management just deleted the old forum with no explanation indicates they regard members as sleeping partners  ...We Don't Need to Know 

 

 

I don't know enough about computing to answer that ... but I would imagine there are deeper and deeper levels , perhaps the hacker did not have  deepest level access ...

 

Or perhaps MI5 realize if the forum is totally gone , their infiltration and hacking department is out of work ...defunded .

 

Ha. Yeah, that's a good point, actually. You're probably right regarding management. I just think honest communication would be best in these circumstances, especially after such an attack. And I'm not exactly a computer whiz, either, but in most cases mods and admins have A LOT of weight. They have the ability to ban any user, to delete any thread they like, etc. But yes, perhaps this doesn't extend to the deletion of the site itself.

 

At the end of the day I haven't been around anything like long enough to judge and can't recall interacting with Muir. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless things have changed over the years, it's just different access levels that are allocated to a member's registration. 

 

It wasn't Muir's account that the hacker was operating through, it was Jamie's, so it was his password they must have twigged to get in. Because of his access level, they were able to tamper with things that other members don't see.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

It wasn't Muir's account that the hacker was operating through, it was Jamie's, so it was his password they must have twigged to get in. Because of his access level, they were able to tamper with things that other members don't see.

 

I think tinfoil hat is a moderator ? Is that right .....

 

To get to the truth of all this we must be careful where information comes from ... I guess the above is what you were Told ... I from previous posts I understand all you know for sure, first hand ,  is that you tried to contact Muir , but received no reply ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

While I do think it is an odd coincidence that Muir hasn't returned since the forum was 'attacked', it is even more odd that accusations of Muir somehow being a 'mole' are flying about here.

 

Gareth has made it clear already here that it was Jaymie's account that was 'hacked' and which allowed the hacker to gain full admin access to the forum software.

 

I run websites myself so I know a little about how webhosting works.

 

On the surface, any website sits on a hosting account on a webserver. A hacker can gain access to software running a website (forum, blog, shop etc) but while they can tinker about with and 'deface' this software (changing settings, removing or modifying posts, users etc) they can't do anything more at the hosting account level, like delete the website altogether for example.

 

But even gaining access to the hosting account doesn't give you 'full access' to the whole webserver - the 'operating system' if you like.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

No, oz93666, I'm not a moderator here. I used to be a long time ago, till I fell out big time with the former webmaster. 

 

I just know the hacker was in Jamie's account when I logged on after the attack, because when I messaged Jamie I got abuse back. So for clarity, that abuse was from the hacker who had taken control of Jamie's account.

 

Then later, Gareth or someone else did confirm that it was Jamie's account that had been hacked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, oz93666 said:

Also I think it's a myth that forums or any system can just be hacked by clever computer geeks ... They need the password  to get to the operating system ... normal moderators would not have this ... but if management felt they could trust Muir , they may have handed over tasks to him which required the next level password ...

 

It had to be an inside job ... if not ... if outside people can just hack , then what's to stop them doing the same next week , and the week after ? 

I don't think that it is a myth. All software and operating systems have vulnerabilities which can be exploited by those in the know, so it isn't a certainty that this hack was an inside job. 911 was an inside job, but this might not have been.

 

What I am slightly concerned about is that there's not been much in the way of communication (apart from a few crumbs) and we've been left in the dark a bit which might explain all the speculation and theories about what exactly happened. Although I'm sure the admins need time and space to sort things out, good communication with the forum members would help a lot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

How interesting .... I sometimes play a little game, betting with myself, on the path certain threads will take and who will be involved and I never considered this path for this thread!

Just shows how wrong I can be at times.

 

So far I have seen 3 pieces of NLP being used for steering .... which is then of interest, to me, to see who 'gathers pace' with it?

 

Can't wait to read more posts.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

While I do think it is an odd coincidence that Muir hasn't returned since the forum was 'attacked', it is even more odd that accusations of Muir somehow being a 'mole' are flying about here.

 

Gareth has made it clear already here that it was Jaymie's account that was 'hacked' and which allowed the hacker to gain full admin access to the forum software.

 

I'm just throwing out ideas , which I'm sure have occurred to others ... just as I'm undecided if corona is real , I'm also open minded about this hack   ....

 

The deletion of all the material from the  old (First) forum , without explanation has left me wary of management ...less trusting . 

Edited by oz93666
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ink said:

How interesting .... I sometimes play a little game, betting with myself, on the path certain threads will take and who will be involved and I never considered this path for this thread!

Just shows how wrong I can be at times.

 

So far I have seen 3 pieces of NLP being used for steering .... which is then of interest, to me, to see who 'gathers pace' with it?

 

Can't wait to read more posts.

 

Hmm. Some definite food for thought here. Although if you do suspect foul play here somewhere, ink, I highly suggest saying absolutely nothing in future (yes, even if said suspicions are directed towards myself). Give them no warning at all. Softly, softly, catchee monkey, an all that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TruthSeeker27 said:

 

Hmm. Some definite food for thought here. Although if you do suspect foul play here somewhere, ink, I highly suggest saying absolutely nothing in future (yes, even if said suspicions are directed towards myself). Give them no warning at all. Softly, softly, catchee monkey, an all that.

 

I know what you are saying .... but for me it works in a number of ways and I post in the time I do 'to see .... changes' once I have posted, which then give greater information than just waiting longer!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I clearly was wondering about TS but then we were at the time, so many things added up quickly to where we just avoided a complete balls out. Not that TS would cause that but it all felt very knife edge and wouldn't have taken much to switch over. But that was just my intuition. Sorry if I got it wrong. 

 

Also my apology is genuine. What I said during that thread I stand by however. It went how it went and I responded out of sheer gut reaction.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ink said:

 

I know what you are saying .... but for me it works in a number of ways and I post in the time I do 'to see .... changes' once I have posted, which then give greater information than just waiting longer!

 

True, but said shady indvidual could figure out that you made the post for that very reason and thus change their behaviour accordingly. Of course, this could play right into your hands. It's a risky move either way, really, for both parties.

 

Got to love a bit of cat and mouse, eh?

 

I'll take my leave now. Keep fighting the good fight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oz93666 said:

 

Also I think it's a myth that forums or any system can just be hacked by clever computer geeks ... They need the password  to get to the operating system ... normal moderators would not have this ... but if management felt they could trust Muir , they may have handed over tasks to him which required the next level password ...

Well back in 2007 I used to talk to a lot of perk programmers and one of the geeks from an IRC chat network used to run a websites. People on there would post their codes and exploits. I think it was called an SQL injection. Probably updated systems can protect against this now. There are of course other exploits such as ddos flooding the system with packets of data with botnets. I don't know either and I am not saying you are wrong but it is/was always possible. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TruthSeeker27 said:

Got to love a bit of cat and mouse, eh?

 

Sometimes 'people' define or 'show' their 'true' intent or interaction via the changes of presentation (or then lack of same) they make once a potential 'loss' is offered to them personally!

Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys think about the hacking business from the perspective of a regular computer user, not from the perspective of a hacker. Oz, your logic is somewhat flawed mostly due to the lack of info and the abundance of incorrect and unverified info.

 

From the situational and moral point of view a hacking attack is an act of either extreme lunacy or plain idiocy. Can't argue with that. But from the technical point of view it is an art. To hack a site, esp. a big one, it takes a group of well trained, talented, often self-taught computer geeks with extensive and normally out of the box IT skills and thinking. The members of the group are located in different countries and attack the target site simultaneously or in a cascade fashion and a highly coordinated manner. They know what they are doing. They are idiots or psychopaths or both - from the moral standpoint and they are geniuses in tech/IT sense. Evil geniuses. The hacking soft and hardware have been actively developing over the years from the very beginning of the spread of the internet and probably faster and farther than the mainstream computer technology. 

 

You don't always need to have a password because there are plenty of ways around it. It does simplify things if a hacker has an admin password, however there is a soft that runs multiple p/w options to find the right combination in minutes. There is other soft that just cracks the existing passwords or finds loopholes and back doors to the target system. In many cases a good idea is to change your p/w every once in a while, provided you have a privacy oriented, 2-3 way verification option. All scroogle, wordpress, yahoo, hotmail and the rest of the "free" microsoft(=scroogle) sponsored platform passwords are sitting on the desk of pretty much every hacker. I mean, the entire user database. If I were in charge of DI site, I would create an asymmetric encryption of just about everything and didn't use wordpress platform to begin with. I would hire someone who can create a site from the scratch and then adjust it to the existing web services. It's a big job and not an easy task and most site owners rely on the pre-made stuff. Unfortunately. It takes creativity and quite a skill to create sth of your own on the i-net and then fully own it.

 

Also, Truthspoon did not accidentally delete his acc. Re-read the related threads. To the best of my awareness there is no acc delete option available to the members on this forum, you can only ask the site admin to do delete your acc for you. The hacker did not originate from israel, they are located in the UAI according to some posters here who bothered to check. Muir and Screamingeagle accounts were both deleted by the hackers and turned into guest accounts. 

 

I don't know what happened to muir, but he did care enough about all ongoing discussions that were either compromising the forum, DI or any given thread. I went through those discussion threads out of curiosity and I must say, I agree with muir's choice to either lock those threads, ban a questionable poster (a troll) or intervene in the discussion itself. I do not agree with some of his views and opinions, but as a mod, he was good enough and cared enough about the forum integrity.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

No, oz93666, I'm not a moderator here. I used to be a long time ago, till I fell out big time with the former webmaster. 

 

I didn't know that! you kept that under your tinfoil hat :-)

 

been dying to make that joke but ink is scaring me

 

and above anyone else here I respect ink's comprehension on things, so now I'm triple checking myself. 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Well back in 2007 I used to talk to a lot of perk programmers and one of the geeks from an IRC chat network used to run a websites. People on there would post their codes and exploits. I think it was called an SQL injection. Probably updated systems can protect against this now. There are of course other exploits such as ddos flooding the system with packets of data with botnets. I don't know either and I am not saying you are wrong but it is/was always possible. 

 

I certainly heard about this in the past, some PHP software did have 'exploits' that hackers could use, simply by adding parameters when calling certain .PHP files, and I think this was how they did these 'SQL injections' which would literally 'inject' data in to the database, either to add the hacker as a user (thus bypassing the software's registration system) or to insert malicious code or files.

 

You tend to not hear much about this now, probably because PHP and SQL security has been much improved over the years. I believe most 'bot attacks' now utilise databases of harvested email addresses and passwords in a 'brute force' method to get lucky and gain access to a website through standard login pages. (This happens a lot with Wordpress sites for example)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Finder said:

 

 

Also, Truthspoon did not accidentally delete his acc. Re-read the related threads. To the best of my awareness there is no acc delete option available to the members on this forum, you can only ask the site admin to do delete your acc for you. The hacker did not originate from israel, they are located in the UAI according to some posters here who bothered to check. Muir and Screamingeagle accounts were both deleted by the hackers and turned into guest accounts. 

 

 

member fluke says truthspoon accidentally deleted his account on that muir thread. It won't let me copy it.

 

there was a huge amount of posts saying this was Israel although the only official thing I saw was David icke's tweet which said due to the despicable description of an arab man we are pretty sure where this is coming from. Which didn't say Israel but also didn't say UAI?

 

Do you mean UAE?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@kj35 no i was quoting someone else on an early thread. I expect they were joking and i took it seriously. I dont even know if thats possible. Cant remember might have been Retriever.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fluke said:

@kj35 no i was quoting someone else on an early thread. I expect they were joking and i took it seriously. I dont even know if thats possible. Cant remember might have been Retriever.

jeez guys, yes just read it back it could read either way, but now looking at it you clearly were talking about muir. blimey. ok sorry. I just had a picture of TS furiously typing in his password and getting locked out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...