Music

Heavenman

The following is a list I've compiled of a variety of songs that all have one thing in common: they're fun.

Some are mildly amusing or quaint, others are downright silly, and one in particular (which I shall mention last) has only been included as it's so outrageous & nondescript that it would be out-of-place on any thematic playlist, so it might as well be highlighted here.

Titles are listed in alphabetical as opposed to preferential order...

- "A Lap Dance Is So Much Better When The Stripper Is Crying" by Bloodhound Gang

- "Banana Split For My Baby" by Louis Prima (off the Capitol Collectors Series release)

- "Beep! Beep!" by Louis Prima (off the Capitol Collectors Series release)

- "Bostich (N'est-Ce Pas)" by Yello (last [remix] track off the Claro Que Si release)

- "Chug-A-Lug" by Roger Miller

- "Closing Time" by Leonard Cohen

- "Embraceable You - I Got It Bad And That Ain't Good" by Louis Prima/Keely Smith (off the Capitol Collectors Series release)

- "Five Months, 2 Weeks, 2 Days" by Louis Prima (off the Capitol Collectors Series release)

- "Patricia The Stripper" by Chris DeBurgh

- "Pinball Cha Cha" by Yello (off the Claro Que Si release)

- "Singin' In The Bathtub" by John Lithgow (off the album of the same name, which is a hoot from beginning to end)

- "Talkin' Karate Blues" by Townes Van Zandt

- "Taxi Driver" by 3 Mustaphas 3

- "The Telephone Call" by Kraftwerk

- "You You You You You" by The 6ths/Katherine Whalen

- "Wimoweh" by Yma Sumac

There's also several fun tracks that can be found on an album titled 25 All-Time Novelty Hits, featuring such memorable oldies as:

- "Does Your Chewin' Gum Lose Its Flavor (On The Bedpost Over Night)" by Lonnie Donegan

- "Junk Food Junkie" by Larry Groce

- "Shaving Cream" by Bunny Bell

- "Surfin' Bird" by The Trashmen

- "They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha-Haa!" by Napoleon XIV

These are just a few songs I've enjoyed over the years whenever I'm in the mood for something frivolous and/or goofy.

Now for a song that is truly off the beaten track! I'm not sure it can even be called a song, more like a genre-defying vocal. It's not exactly radio-friendly, that's for sure. Whatever the case, this is by far 'the' most peculiar "song" I've ever come across:

As one with an eclectic taste in music, I would have to name Vangelis as my favorite artist within the 'contemporary instrumentalist' genre. He started out though in a band called Aphrodite's Child. There is a "song" off their 666 album, titled as a symbol meaning "Infinity." It features actress Irene Papas at the mic. It is an offbeat recording, to say the least!

• Like 1

Correction: In my above post the incorrect Yello album was given for the song "Bostich (N'est-Ce Pas)." It's found on their Solid Pleasure release. (I went to edit this post but was unable to. I wish this board allowed for up to 24 or even 12 hours for a poster to make an edit, or what good is the feature?)