HELP REQUEST - SIMON DOLAN UPDATE

Tinfoil Hat

Update on Join the Legal Challenge to the UK Govt Lockdown

Hi

We are getting close to the Court case. We have almost finished our judicial review case (some 60 pages long). This will be published on the site in the next few days along with the Govt letter. We thought it best to put them both up there at the same time so you will be able to see our response to their points.

In order to help show the Court how much support we have for this action and how many people have been affected by the lockdown, we would like to demonstrate this by providing some examples for use in our case.

If you are prepared to allow your names and the county/ city in which you live to be used for these purposes (our legal team will not give out your email or contact details to anyone else without your prior permission) then please can you email us urgently with the following information:

1. Do you live in England? If so, in which town or county?

2. Do you have any family (such as parents, grandparents etc) or friends who you have not been able to visit due to the lockdown measures?

3. Do you have any school age children whose education has been affected by the closure of schools during the lockdown?

4. If you can, please provide details of how many children you have and their ages (if you prefer not to answer this question at all or just to say how many children you have please feel free to give as much or as little of this information as you like).

5. Have you been prevented from attending any religious services due to the lockdown?

6. Would you have been willing to attend a protest about the lockdown had it not been for the Government's restrictions banning all gatherings?

7. Do you own, run or work for a business that has been closed due to the lockdown measures?

If you could email our legal team at [email protected] with your answers to these questions it would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks again for all the kind donations, and just as importantly the comments you make - they really do help to motivate.

Finally, I have read in some of the comments about contacting me directly - I'm afraid this CrowdJustice system only allows me to do blanket emails so I can't reply individually, but if you want to message me, my Direct Messages on Twitter are always open, so please do drop me a line there if you wish.

Simon

7 hours ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

This got no responses, so I'm shamelessly bumping it for attention, in the hope that we don't let Dolan down in his attempts to bring the bastards to account! 

doing it now. must admit I did not click the link but now will.

UPDATE done.

Edited by kj35
  • Like 1

My lawyers have this morning filed my application to the High Court for a Judicial Review of the Government’s lockdown regulations. They have filed over 1000 pages of legal documents including an 87 page Statement of Grounds. We will be publishing the entire document on this site around 1pm today, along with the initial Govt response to our first letter.

The proceedings are against Matt Hancock, the Secretary of State for Health & Social Care – whose name is on the lockdown laws – and Gavin Williamson the Secretary of State for Education, who has presided over the closure of schools and universities.

The aim of the proceedings is to lift the ruinous lockdown, restore the civil liberties taken away from the public and allow schools, healthcare services and the economy to restart.

The number of people furloughed or unemployed stands at 10 million people, and billions are being wiped off the economy with every passing day. Those lucky enough to have jobs left at the end of this crisis could see income tax increase by up to 10p in the pound. The government has spent £13,000 per household on bailout so far.

A judicial review is the only effective means of challenging what the Government is doing and holding them properly to account. BorisJohnson and his crew have sleepwalked into this mess and are taking the nation over the cliff edge with them.

Our fight begins proper today!

And finally, again, thanks so much for your support.

Edited by Tinfoil Hat
  • Like 3

Just a quick note to let you all know that our Statement of Grounds is live on the site now. Feel free to take a look, share etc

Thanks again

Simon

https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/lockdownlegalchallenge/?utm_source=sendinblue&utm_campaign=Update24092078onJointheLegalChallengetotheUKGovtLockdownMay212020&utm_medium=email

"Update on Join the Legal Challenge to the UK Govt Lockdown

Just a very quick update to say that our main Witness Statement, which is essentially our evidence in support of our case, is not live on the site. About 70 pages long, but well worth a read!

Simon"

Just a very quick update to say that there is additional correspondence up on the site. Same place on the home page - is at the bottom left

Things seem to be moving very much in our favour - we keep fighting. Govt have until 12th June to issue full defence.

(link at top of thread).

:classic_smile:

• Like 1

Our letter before action against the quarantine regulations is now up  on the site - right at the bottom of the homepage. Contains our whole argument against the quarantine and why we say it should be immediately revoked

Simon

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tinfoil Hat said:

Our letter before action against the quarantine regulations is now up  on the site - right at the bottom of the homepage. Contains our whole argument against the quarantine and why we say it should be immediately revoked

Simon

the fact that the NHS and most companies support the riots must also be taken into account

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Happy to say that we have now published the Govt Summary Grounds of Defence. Is on the website toward the bottom of the homepage (and yes, includes the schools defence in all its glory)

Also, you may want to visit

https://www.keepbritainfree.com

Which is a new movement I have set up to ensure this can never happen again

Simon

I've signed to join his 'Keep Britain Free' movement, but have struggled to find a link on the email received back that I need to click on to get in. I strongly suspect it's me being dozy. Have been so busy since returning to work that when I get home, I'm stupefied with exhaustion. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi the case goes to the high court tomorrow. I donated a little bit and will be keeping a close eye on it. 

One thing that crossed my mind today is, if how the government works in this country, the lockdown got through parliment how will it be deemed illegal? Excuse my ignorance but i am trying to make sense of it. 

Also will it be infritrated by the labour lot because they are always trying to bash the tories? I am not a tory of course and keep out of politics but am i wrong in saying a lot of judges are leftists? 

Anyways he reckons he has got a good case, so wishing him the best. 

1 hour ago, Fluke said:

One thing that crossed my mind today is, if how the government works in this country, the lockdown got through parliment how will it be deemed illegal? Excuse my ignorance but i am trying to make sense of it.

Hi Fluke - in his own words, the Simon Dolan case is based on the following points. It is contended that the UK government acted "ultra vires" in enacting the lockdown measures which means to step outside of its powers.

The Judicial Review will seek to challenge the Government on three main points: 

• Whether lockdown is unlawful because the Government implemented regulations under the Public Health Act 1984 instead of the Civil Contingencies Act 2004 or the Coronavirus Act 2020.

• The legality of the continuation of lockdown, and whether the tests for lifting it are too narrow, failing to take account of the economic and social impacts of lockdown.

• Whether the restrictions brought in by the Government contravene the European Convention of Human Rights, which cover the right to liberty, family life, education and property.

Edited by Mitochondrial Eve
  • Thanks 1

sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

Dear Supporter,

I am extremely disappointed to let you know that following last week’s preliminary hearing, the judge has refused us permission to challenge lockdown.

In March, the government imposed the most draconian set of rules the country has ever known. Yet in the opinion of the court, lockdown was entirely correct and proportionate. This means that going forward, the government will have the right to impose lockdown whenever it chooses and in doing so, take-away the livelihoods of millions, without having to justify its actions.

You can view the entire judgement online here. It does not engage with, or consider on any analytical level, the vital issues we set out in the case. Nor does it take into account the impact all this has taken on ordinary people. Please do read it carefully and you will see exactly how our rights and freedoms have been dismissed. My barristers and solicitor are currently analysing the full judgment with view to an appeal.

While it is a disappointing final decision, we did score some vital victories along the way and embarrassed a failing Government.

We fought for the SAGE minutes to be published and the Government caved in, releasing huge batches of information. The revelations gave people living under lockdown rightful access to information which had been behind closed doors but was key in stripping away their freedoms. The reluctantly released SAGE minutes highlighted that scientists accept the virus does not pose a threat to children and that closing schools has minimal impact on the spread, again exposing the mockery of the Government’s position.  

Our pressure also exposed the trick of words the Government used to close schools for millions of children for months on end. The judge held in his judgment that there is "no legal requirement on any school in England to close".  Yet millions of pupils  - the vast majority of them – have had no proper access to education since March and still don't.  The court has refused to let our challenge to this sorry state of affairs proceed.

This was all against a backdrop of the Government trying to delay our case as much as possible.

But more than anything, this legal action has given a voice to those who have had freedoms stripped away with no democratic process.

I wanted to launch the legal action because it was terrifyingly obvious the Government needed to be challenged. Parliament has been a bystander throughout.   Ministers have repeatedly signed legislation into law without scrutiny, debate or votes by MPs – until weeks after the event.

This legal campaign is not only mine but that of the 6,500 people who donated more than £200,000 to crowdfund the action.

Many of those supporters have shared the devastating personal effect lockdown had and will continue to have on their lives. I want to thank each and every one of you for stepping up and joining the fight.

Billions have been wiped off a previously healthy economy and millions of people are now out of work because of the lockdown. We also face a cancer, NHS waiting list and mental health crisis as a result of it. 

It is for all these reasons and dozens more that lockdown simply cannot be allowed to happen again.

That is why we will continue this fight beyond the confines of the court room.

We started Keep Britain Free to protect the basic freedoms of everyone living in the UK and it has become one of the fastest growing pressure groups in the UK, with thousands of you joining together to fight creeping totalitarianism.

This first battle may have been lost, but the war has only just started.

With kind regards,

Simon. 

• Thanks 1

What did they expect?

The judiciary, the whole ‘legal’ system is as bent and under control as governments are.

Nothing will happen until enough people - and I mean millions, not thousands, stand up and tell these festering shitholes to fuck off.

Sadly, going by how the majority have bowed down to this almighty fuckery, it’s not going to happen.

People can put up as many videos, articles etc that tell the truth and they’re still not going to believe it.

I now believe that the masses are as thick as pigshit, and those with enquiring  minds are few and far between.

The rest just do what they’re told because it’s easier, or they’re too lazy, or scared, or their brains are so fried from their gadgets they’re mindless anyway.

I do believe now that the masses are not even what we call human, they’re a sub species called morons; as vacant as a vacuum. 

And the puppet masters know it; the amount of blatant in your face fuckery they have perpetuated on us and a only a few see it is proof.

I can no longer excuse them; as in, oh it’s conditioning, oh it’s too monstrous to be true yadda yadda; fuck them.

Unfortunately, they drag those of us who can see, down with them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jonesthepost said:

Sadly, going by how the majority have bowed down to this almighty fuckery, it’s not going to happen. 

English people  are  hard to judge we live in an over polite, passive/aggressive  society and those types often snap dangerouly.

Look at how many ignored 'official advice' and crammed onto the beach, or went on marches.

56 minutes ago, shadowmoon said:

English people  are  hard to judge we live in an over polite, passive/aggressive  society and those types often snap dangerouly.

Look at how many ignored 'official advice' and crammed onto the beach, or went on marches.

A drop in the ocean - no pun intended.

The English are supremely conditioned to obey authority - the greater mass of them.

Look how long they’ve kowtowed to those arch scum ‘royalty’; how long they’ve allowed the ‘upper class’ to have their boots on their necks.

They’ve  been indoctrinated for hundreds of years, so no wonder the greater mass still bow down to these pieces of shit and do what they’re told.

Its the way it is and it’ll be a slow road to turn it around, but if it doesn’t happen soon, it may be too late.

I’m not criticising the Poms at all; they’ve just been indoctrinated for a long long time; hard to shake off.