The Flat Earth/Globe Earth Discussion Thread

bflat

6 minutes ago, Solasta said:

o and they aren't beliefs. You make it sound like the whole thing is a matter of taking things on faith

Well ,for Helios, not just faith but trust in deceiving organisations

9 minutes ago, Solasta said:

Explain how satellite dishes work - they ALL point at the same point in space corresponding to the location of a geostationary satellite cluster. Your previous fumblings on this subject do not work.

2. Explain how two people 10,000 miles apart at the same latitude can see the same face and orientation of the Moon. Let's say Full Moon.

3. Explain how the Sun can go round in the comedy unfeasible outer circle on the flat earth map in the same 24hr time as the inner one without any speed change

Lol you with the bold demands

1 minute ago, Basket Case said:

Doesn't that 'niggle' you..? 

Are you not curious about what is going on with all these TV dishes ? 

BC 

Just like moon bounce I am of the opinion signals are bouncing off a sky layer . Utilising natural phenomenon.

I don't believe the ionosphere is what they say it is. 

Well I am not curious as to the definitive reason because I do not have the tools to discover it. Someone has and will provide the answer eventually which I will read. 

Guest Gone Fishing...
7 minutes ago, Basket Case said:

@Solasta

You seem 'up' on maths and stuff.. 

Can you please explain one of the fundamental claims of FE believers. 

No curve, using the line of sight along a long canal or across a large body of water. 

The X amount of 'drop' over X amount of distance..? (not seen) 

Thanks 

BC 

@Morpheus

What's funny ? 

It's a genuine question. 

I'm interested in this part of FE claims. 

And I thought that maybe Solasta could 'put it to bed'.. 

BC 

3 minutes ago, Basket Case said:

@Solasta

You seem 'up' on maths and stuff.. 

Can you please explain one of the fundamental claims of FE believers. 

No curve, using the line of sight along a long canal or across a large body of water. 

The X amount of 'drop' over X amount of distance..? (not seen) 

Thanks 

BC 

This claim is made up. There is a drop, the drop is visible and it is exactly as it should be. I believe @zArkarmwaved away a perfect example many pages ago. This video below is simply stunning and a slam dunk of there being a curve:

For a big belly laugh, you should watch/read this:

'Behind the Curve' Ending: Flat Earthers Disprove Themselves With Own Experiments in Netflix Documentary (newsweek.com)

One of the more jaw-dropping segments of the documentary comes when Bob Knodel, one of the hosts on a popular Flat Earth YouTube channel, walks viewers through an experiment involving a laser gyroscope. As the Earth rotates, the gyroscope appears to lean off-axis, staying in its original position as the Earth's curvature changes in relation. "What we found is, is when we turned on that gyroscope we found that we were picking up a drift. A 15 degree per hour drift," Knodel says, acknowledging that the gyroscope's behavior confirmed to exactly what you'd expect from a gyroscope on a rotating globe.

"Now, obviously we were taken aback by that. 'Wow, that's kind of a problem,'" Knodel says. "We obviously were not willing to accept that, and so we started looking for ways to disprove it was actually registering the motion of the Earth."

Despite further experimental refinements, Knodel's gyroscope consistently behaves as if the Earth is round. Yet Knodel's beliefs seem unchanged when discussing the experiment at a Flat Earth meetup in Denver. "We don't want to blow this, you know? When you've got $20,000 in this freaking gyro. If we dumped what we found right now, it would be bad. It would be bad. What I just told you was confidential," Knodel says to another Flat Earther in attendance.

THEN THIS!

Campanella devises an experiment involving three posts of the same height and a high-powered laser. The idea is to set up three measuring posts over a nearly 4 mile length of equal elevation. Once the laser is activated at the first post, its height can be measured at the other two. If the laser is at eight feet on the first post, then five feet at the second, then it indicates the measuring posts are set upon the Earth's curvature.

In his first attempt, Campanella's laser light spread out too much over the distance, making an accurate measurement impossible. But at the very end of Behind the Curve, Campanella comes up with a similar experiment, this time involving a light instead of a laser. With two holes cut into styrofoam sheets at the same height, Campanella hopes to demonstrate that a light shone through the first hole will appear on a camera behind the second hole, indicating that a light, set at the same height as the holes, travelled straight across the surface of the Flat Earth. But if the light needs to be raised to a different height than the holes, it would indicate a curvature, invalidating the Flat Earth.

flat-earth-light-experiment-behind-curve

Campanella watches when the light is activated at the same height as the holes, but the light can't be seen on the camera screen. "Lift up your light, way above your head," Campanella says. With the compensation made for the curvature of the Earth, the light immediately appears on the camera. "Interesting," Campanella says. "That's interesting." The documentary ends.

9 minutes ago, zArk said:

Well ,for Helios, not just faith but trust in deceiving organisations

You mean like the snakeoil salesmen making money from the gullible flat earthers?

9 minutes ago, zArk said:

Lol you with the bold demands

Lol at you afraid to answer them. Can we just say you 'don't know exactly' to all of them? Because that is the truth. Flat earth gibberish cannot explain a single thing. Everything however beautifully and 100% explained by a tilted planet, orbiting the Sun. It should make anyone with intelligence or without an agenda start to question whether or not they've fallen into a clueless disinformation trap.

10 minutes ago, zArk said:

Just like moon bounce I am of the opinion signals are bouncing off a sky layer .

A sky layer? What the hell is that? And one exactly the same distance as the Moon as they point at the Moon? Wow - you are wriggling and evading big time aren't you.

You don't know what sky tv dishes do, what moon bounces do, and pretty much every single thing I ask you. How can you NOT question your fixed belief?

Utilising natural phenomenon.

Oooo. Natural phenomenon that's a new one. That once again is the same distance as the Moon, in the Moon direction.

I don't believe the ionosphere is what they say it is. 

That is your right, believe what you want. Ignore the millions of hours of its use, reports, papers experiments etc. etc.

Well I am not curious as to the definitive reason because I do not have the tools to discover it.

Hmmm, yet the "definitive reason" disproves your claim of a nearby Moon and ergo a nearby Sun and thus the completely unfeasible illumination pattern it makes on a flat Earth and the whole pack of useless flat earth cards falls to the ground. Luckily many, many people DO have the tools, amateurs and professionals alike and they confirm it does exactly as claimed.

Someone has and will provide the answer eventually which I will read. 

You've already read it - many "someone's" already have provided this answer. You didn't like it because it proves the Earth is a planet.

13 minutes ago, Solasta said:

You mean like the snakeoil salesmen making money from the gullible flat earthers?

oh come on , has these last 2 years not taught you to just accept anothers belief system and try not to interfere with anothers pleasure of thought if it does you or your property no harm???

anyways heres the Heliocentric Merch

n.b additional comment at bottom

moonlandbuy.jpg.2fb9a59198662d8e3c9123bf5212908b.jpg

moonrock.jpg.b64b13c67b4bcbc18af90955cf339007.jpgglobeclassroom.jpg.bf6c1a880d47e6e2d3ccc21b550a6f2b.jpg

nasamerch.jpg.98e34e262f6e9b696d790052048e90c2.jpg

moviesHelio.jpg.dad5360da83be647ba90fd4a88667b9e.jpg

in my opinion the Helio model is created to disorient the psyche of people. It is then used to instill fear which in turn creates a psychological state which is prone to compliance and group think.

additionally i am told (with honest word) that the first secret a mason is whispered is "the earth is round" . I see the masonic system being the one that encourages people to join and then sets about breaking down their subjects so they are psychologically prepared for possession (yes in the christian and spiritual sense)

7 minutes ago, zArk said:

oh come on , has these last 2 years not taught you to just accept anothers belief system and try not to interfere with anothers pleasure of thought if it does you or your property no harm???

anyways heres the Heliocentric Merch

n.b additional comment at bottom

moonlandbuy.jpg.2fb9a59198662d8e3c9123bf5212908b.jpg

moonrock.jpg.b64b13c67b4bcbc18af90955cf339007.jpgglobeclassroom.jpg.bf6c1a880d47e6e2d3ccc21b550a6f2b.jpg

nasamerch.jpg.98e34e262f6e9b696d790052048e90c2.jpg

moviesHelio.jpg.dad5360da83be647ba90fd4a88667b9e.jpg

in my opinion the Helio model is created to disorient the psyche of people. It is then used to instill fear which in turn creates a psychological state which is prone to compliance and group think.

additionally i am told (with honest word) that the first secret a mason is whispered is "the earth is round" . I see the masonic system being the one that encourages people to join and then sets about breaking down their subjects so they are psychologically prepared for possession (yes in the christian and spiritual sense)

Band practice tonight obviously

now you sound like your playing the victim

Edited by peter

22 minutes ago, Solasta said:

A sky layer? What the hell is that? And one exactly the same distance as the Moon as they point at the Moon? Wow - you are wriggling and evading big time aren't you.

no,

Lets look at Tycho , the Moon. It is visible to the eye, it is said to be 250,000miles away and it is said to be 53miles across.

250,000 miles away, 53 miles diameter. hmmm theres some sort of problem here.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/1pLqs5v44T5Q/

please do not use assumptions of distance, size and shape. The moon doesnt rotate, you havent seen it and there is no video footage of the rotation. The distance can be measured to be 3400 miles away

22 minutes ago, Solasta said:

Ignore the millions of hours of its use, reports, papers experiments etc. etc.

no,i dont. i recognise it as the proliferation of the zombification of the scientific world

Edited by zArk

8 minutes ago, zArk said:

A truly irrelevant statement. I accept your beief system. BUT, by placing it on a debate forum and stating that very daft opinion is actually a fact, means that others can choose to explain to you wh you are wrong. If you are uncomfortable being shown how woefully wrong you are, then leave the debate.

moonrock.jpg.b64b13c67b4bcbc18af90955cf339007.jpg

The value of rare rocks and minerals is neither here nor there. If you dispute that the rock is not from the Moon on what basis do you do this? Certainly not with any geologocal knowledge. If you dispute its value, so what - I agree.

Utter nonsense. The model represents reality. In my opinion the flat earth model was created to suck in the gullible and impressionable to part them from their money.

additionally i am told (with honest word) that the first secret a mason is whispered is "the earth is round" .

Hearsay and ludicrously irrelevant.

I see the masonic system being the one that encourages people to join and then sets about breaking down their subjects so they are psychologically prepared for possession (yes in the christian and spiritual sense)

Irrelevant. You are on a debate forum in a supposed flat earth thread and failing miserably to explain how it works. The alternative which you bizarrely dismiss explains everything perfectly.

21 minutes ago, zArk said:

no,

Yes you are. You have responded to none of that large list of problems and just jump up and down huffing and a puffing.

Lets look at Tycho , the Moon. It is visible to the eye, it is said to be 250,000miles away and it is said to be 53miles across. 250,000 miles away, 53 miles diameter. hmmm theres some sort of problem here.

I addressed this nonsense pages back and you obviously ignored it. To the naked eye, the Moon occupies 1/2 a degree of arc and if you extend your thumb you will cover it. Tycho takes up around 2.5% of that thumbnail!

Tycho Crater – FlatEarth.ws

tycho-crater.jpg

please do not use assumptions of distance, size and shape. The moon doesnt rotate, you havent seen it and there is no video footage of the rotation.

I don't need to assume anything. The distance has been verified by EME every day of the year for some time. Verified by laser ranging experiments. Verified by craft that have landed on it. Verified by craft that have orbited it and taken thousands and thousands of extensive images.

The distance can be measured to be 3400 miles away

No, really it can't. Explained above.

no,i dont. i recognise it as the proliferation of the zombification of the scientific world

Luckily nobody in the scientific world is worried by your inept opinion of them or your profound lack of understanding of any of their vast body of work.

14 minutes ago, zArk said:

comedy time

That's the flat earth for you. You are one chuckle a minute. But once again the flat earth nonsense explains nothing, heliocentric explains everything. Every detail and ongoing. Every motion of the planets, all of it.

Edited by Solasta

@Solasta i know what i see in the sky

i know what i can view and cant

i see the moon and i see Tycho

10 minutes ago, Solasta said:

I addressed this nonsense pages back and you obviously ignored it. To the naked eye, the Moon occupies 1/2 a degree of arc and if you extend your thumb you will cover it. Tycho takes up around 2.5% of that thumbnail!

jeeze, its chalk board time.

trying to disprove my own experience and what i see with numbers and measurement units

🤦‍♂️

anyone can go out and look at the moon and see Tycho.

moon.jpg.944eabc548f82c0562b4d263e2079482.jpg

its like when the moon is super large in the sky and we all say "the moon is huge tonight"

some arsewipe scientist comes along and says "its not large its actually a trick of the light"

fs, just look at the fecking thing.

Guest Gone Fishing...
4 hours ago, Morpheus said:

@Basket Case

Your comment amuses me. The forum provides a mechanism of reaction to posts. I've used it and now people are losing their shit. Go figure. 

l'm just bemused a straight question made you laugh. No-one is losing their shit, especially me 😉

Guest Gone Fishing...
4 hours ago, Solasta said:

This video below is simply stunning and a slam dunk of there being a curve:

The Minnewanka video disappointed. l saw it was 28 minutes long so saved it for a time l could focus and digest for half an hour. l just watched it. Just over 4 minutes of description and complicated Maths and then over 20 minute of beautiful scenery and music ???  WTF  ??  l was hoping for something more 'down to Earth' and comprehensible. l paused the Maths equations but could not fathom them out. Definitely 'above my pay grade' and l don't mind admitting it. Surely there's something better than this ?

I'm going to watch 'Behind the Curve 2018' to see what's going on there.
BC

4 minutes ago, Basket Case said:

Just over 4 minutes of description and complicated Maths and then over 20 minute of beautiful scenery and music ???  WTF  ??  l was hoping for something more 'down to Earth' and comprehensible. l paused the Maths equations but could not fathom them out. Definitely 'above my pay grade' and l don't mind admitting it. Surely there's something better than this ?

The most notable thing is that the exact part of the shoreline not visible from Earth curvature fits with what it should. ANY blocked shoreline should be impossible on a flat earth.

Edited by Solasta

Guest Gone Fishing...
3 hours ago, zArk said:

anyone can go out and look at the moon and see Tycho

l'm no expert but even l know this is incorrect.
You're not seeing the actual crater - you're seeing the highlands around the crater and the straight lines radiating out and around the highlands.
BC

Guest Gone Fishing...
1 minute ago, Solasta said:

The most notable thing is that the exact part of the shoreline not visible from Earth curvature fits with what it should. ANY blocked shoreline should be impossible on a flat earth.

They didn't make that very clear to 'non-scientific' people...
l build / fix bikes / cars / houses. l need something tangible and logically laid out for me to follow and see,

Another question before l watch Beyond the Curve...
The pole / lazer and the foam/holes/light experiment - 4 miles ?
Which part of the planet are they doing this ?
How do they know that there's no elevation changes, which would mess with the outcome ?
Why aren't these experiments done on the huge expanses of any of the Earths 'Salt Flats' to avoid discrepancies in elevation NOT due to Globe model OR the FE model ?
BC

3 hours ago, zArk said:

i know what i can view and cant

i see the moon and i see Tycho

Pulling teeth. Answer these please, simple yes or no will suffice.

1. When you extend your thumb(thumbs up), does the tip completely block the Moon?

2. Is this picture accurately depicting Tycho?

3-s2.0-B9780128092798000068-f06-01-97801

3. The Moon is 2,159 miles in diameter, Tycho is 53 miles in diameter. 2.5% of the visible sphere. Is that accurate?

3 hours ago, zArk said:

@Solasta

jeeze, its chalk board time.

trying to disprove my own experience and what i see with numbers and measurement units

I suspect you will NOT answer those questions.

How big is the moon? (brianclegg.blogspot.com)

"If you were looking at the full moon and held a coin out at arms length, which coin would be roughly similar in size to the apparent size of the moon? What would you answer? The most popular answers are 2p and 10p. Some opt for 5p. In fact it's a bit of a trick question. There are no coins small enough to be the same apparent size as the moon when held at arm's length. The nearest approximation is a hole punch hole. If you hold a piece of punched paper out at arms length, that little hole is about the same size as the moon appears to be."

Basically the Moon, 1/2 degree of the sky is equivalent to a hole punch in a paper at arms length! And Tycho is 2.5% of that hole punch at arms length. You are talking total bollocks and I just proved it beyond question.

3 hours ago, zArk said:

anyone can go out and look at the moon and see Tycho.

moon.jpg.944eabc548f82c0562b4d263e2079482.jpg

I don't know what's more worrying, you repeating the total bollocks or you genuinely not recognizing the difference between the picture above, a massively zoomed image and how the Moon appears to a normal view by eye. Tycho is barely a pin prick to the human eye. 2.5% of the total viewable Moon.

3 hours ago, zArk said:

@Solasta

its like when the moon is super large in the sky and we all say "the moon is huge tonight"

some arsewipe scientist comes along and says "its not large its actually a trick of the light"

I failed to see how any of that hogwash helps your daft claims. No scientist would ever say that. What they would say is quite correctly that the Moon is at a point in time, calculated by the use of gravity(!) where it is at its closest point to us.

There is substantial variation in its size viewed from Earth - 14%

moon-supermoon-12-3-2017-comparison-Muza

3 hours ago, zArk said:

@Solasta

fs, just look at the fecking thing.

How very scientific. I am guessing that you mean the Moon looks bigger at the horizon - an optical illusion. I find it hilarious that the illusion has you so convinced that simple explanations must be dismissed.

Why does the Moon look so huge on the horizon? | Discover Magazine

19 minutes ago, Basket Case said:

They didn't make that very clear to 'non-scientific' people...
l build / fix bikes / cars / houses. l need something tangible and logically laid out for me to follow and see,

Another question before l watch Behind the Curve...
The pole / lazer and the foam/holes/light experiment - 4 miles ?
Which part of the planet are they doing this ?
How do they know that there's no elevation changes, which would mess with the outcome ?
Why aren't these experiments done on the huge expanses of any of the Earths 'Salt Flats' to avoid discrepancies in elevation NOT due to Globe model OR the FE model ?
BC

It's a flat piece of land to satisfy the flat earthers. Have you noticed that @zArk basically ignored that whole post? He is ignoring so much it's hard to quantify and yet he carries on making junk claim after junk claim. That Tycho one was his "ace card" that turned out to be a ripped up joker.

5 minutes ago, Solasta said:

It's a flat piece of land to satisfy the flat earthers. Have you noticed that @zArk basically ignored that whole post? He is ignoring so much it's hard to quantify and yet he carries on making junk claim after junk claim. That Tycho one was his "ace card" that turned out to be a ripped up joker.

You're telling on me. ? 

🤣 

On 1/24/2022 at 2:59 PM, Solasta said:

The Sun sets without any size change and that is impossible in itself. The vanishing point is named thus!

I will disagree with this point, only on the basis of my own observations.

The Sun would appear to me to seem larger in the sky just after sunrise and just before sunset, dependent on cloud and weather conditions of course. I have always attributed this to 'refraction' though. In much the same way that a 'full moon' always seems to look 'huge' just after moonrise and just before moonset. (otherwise what they call a 'supermoon').

They (sun and moon) don't look like to me that they are getting closer or further away.

Guest Gone Fishing...
3 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

The Sun would appear to me to seem larger in the sky just after sunrise and just before sunset,

The lower they are in the sky the more they are magnified by the fact that you're looking at them through more (longer) atmosphere..?
BC

• Guest changed the title to The Flat Earth/Globe Earth Discussion Thread
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Guest unlocked this topic
  • Grumpy Owl unpinned this topic
  • Grumpy Owl pinned this topic
  • Guest unlocked and unpinned this topic
  • Guest locked and unlocked this topic