The Flat Earth/Globe Earth Discussion Thread

bflat

7 hours ago, Solasta said:

Your whole point of belief relies on a bizarre interpretation of a book written by men who claim to have spoken to an entity called God who gave them provably absurd information and left out gaping holes that could truly help mankind.

Well I suppose it would be too much for you to believe in a talking donkey ?

1806043544_adonkey.gif.bf449aeabf6298db04bb8b3007a08ab5.gif

Thought not, we'll have to leave that for another day! 🤫

7 hours ago, Solasta said:

Amazing isn't it. Science has such a strong handle on everything within the planet and a fast growing understanding of the Universe 

What! And God the Creator of earth, doesn't ?

12 hours ago, alexa said:

Well I suppose it would be too much for you to believe in a talking donkey ?

Thought not, we'll have to leave that for another day! 🤫

Head shaking stuff but sadly not dissimilar to belief in a magic sky wizard.

12 hours ago, alexa said:

What! And God the Creator of earth, doesn't ?

There is no God so no, the magic sky wizard does not.

Edited by Solasta

6 hours ago, alexa said:

Soon as Musk and the likes sort out their satellites, there be no need for cables.

Vert poor argument. The idea of using cables is simply instantaneous access to everyone. Satellites can be used for constant comms but they move about and there aren't nearly enough of them -the problem is bandwidth and latency. Plus the more there are the higher the collision risk.

15 hours ago, zArk said:

I love the way the Helios are trying to establish a sphere earth by watching television. 

"there that proves a curve exists, i am watching NBC In the UK "

🤦‍♂️

I like the way you avoided answering the major point proving this very thing. All the dishes point towards the sky and all point towards the same satellite by a very fine degree. Move them slightly and there is no signal. We've had the idea of 'masts' used which is absurd followed by the invisible balloons theory which wouldn't work either.

I don't think anyone is expecting a workable flat earth solution since everybody is still waiting for a solution to the Sun and Moon stayiong the same size, disappearing from view from above eyeline, the Moon being the same when viewed from almost half the planet away at the same latitude etc. etc. Oh and of course you've 'answered them all before' when you haven't.

44 minutes ago, alexa said:

Prove it!

Prove what? Prove that fairies down the bottom of my garden don't exist? Prove that mermaids don't exist? Prove that unicorns don't exist? Prove that the imaginary comfort giving sky wizard doesn't exist?

Perhaps somewhere alomng the line you failed to understand the rules of debating: you have the burden of proof. I don't need to show that the specific god that you believe in doesn't exist, you need to show it does!

How Many Gods Are There In The World? Best Answer 2022 - Lisbdnet.com

Throughout recorded history, we can count between 8,000 and 12,000 gods who have been worshiped. But we can only count about 9 different types of gods (based on theological characteristics) who were worshiped. Each modern god also corresponds to one of these types, and 5 of them are of the Hindu type.

I find it hilarious that your overwhelming number one piece of invisible evidence for a dome (disproven thousands of times by meteorites, space travel, astronomy, moon bounces and on and on, comes from a book translated a ludicrous number of times, written by man and containing hundreds of junk references.

Oh btw, you failed to acknowledge the post you made about Moon bounces from radio clubs every single day all around the world and none of the flat earthers have an explanation for it. As usual.

Moonbounce (EME) - Radio Society of Great Britain - Main Site : Radio Society of Great Britain – Main Site (rsgb.org)

Barry Amateur Radio Society - Moon Bounce on a Budget (chessck.co.uk)

Operation Moonbounce 1959-64 St Joseph High School Radio Club, Cleveland, OH (sjhrc.org)

Radio Amateurs Receive Images from Chinese Lunar Satellite (arrl.org)

"Some earthbound radio amateurs and sky watchers have received images from a tiny Chinese satellite now orbiting the moon."

Talking to Satellites on Ham Radio – Ham Radio Prep

"

Did you know that amateur radio operators have been sending satellites into space since the early 1960s? The Orbiting Satellite Carrying Amateur Radio, or OSCAR I for short, was successfully launched into a low Earth orbit on December 12, 1961. It carried a small beacon transmitter whose purpose was to study radio propagation through the ionosphere. It only lasted a few weeks before it dropped into Earth’s atmosphere and burned up, but it secured amateur radio’s place in space.

Now, there are dozens of amateur radio satellites in space, and as a Technician you can make contacts by bouncing your signals off of them. Think of them as repeaters in space."

5 hours ago, Solasta said:

I like the way you avoided answering the major point proving this very thing. All the dishes point towards the sky and all point towards the same satellite by a very fine degree. Move them slightly and there is no signal. We've had the idea of 'masts' used which is absurd followed by the invisible balloons theory which wouldn't work either.

no, no avoidance. Just lurking

you helios must acknowledge your ionosphere and its effect upon waves cannot be ignored

just like moon bounce myth ,

how about recognise skywave propagation

n.b you still aint got a curve or a sphere and that means no orbit

22 minutes ago, zArk said:

no, no avoidance. Just lurking

And you avoid again. Millions of dishes all pointing into space, any movement off the exact correct angle and no reception. The forum awaits your well thought out explanation for this.

you helios must acknowledge your ionosphere and its effect upon waves cannot be ignored

Not all waves, just some. Again, just armwaving and uninformed posturing. All the dishes, same point in space. There is no flat earth explanation and you are checkmated on this one simple point amongst hundreds.

just like moon bounce myth ,

Wait what!? You think tens of thousands of people who have done this with their radio transmitters and continue doing it all over the globe are lying? Your claim is just the bog-standard armwaving away inconvenient facts.

The radio wave bounces off the Moon and comes back 2.4 seconds later. QED.

how about recognise skywave propagation

Uninformed junk. Not all waves, not all times and completely unfeasible. Every single instance of EME produces the same return speed. Every single dish points into the same point in space. No magic skywaves, helium balloons, transmitters around the Globe work in any way.

n.b you still aint got a curve or a sphere and that means no orbit

No. There is a curve and a sphere and thousands of satellites, what we have by you is the purest and most extreme form of denial possible. No number of images suffice, you just claim without proof that they are all fake. No amount of video is admissable because you claim without proof that the inversion and centre lens levelling is proof that the curve isn't there. YET....every video has a complete circle segment of the Earth and it is NEVER the full Earth. How the hell can you possibly explain thatone? You can't, so avoid it.

You avoid the same lunar face in the same orientation being visible from two points on the same latitude ten thousand miles apart. You have no sensible explanation for anything, no rationale for why or how or an even remotely chance that so many millions of scientists could all be lying or wrong.

The Sun is above eyeline, show any coherent experiment where it can ever drop below eye line if it is moving away level. Show any coherent explanation where any object can suddenly disappear from view without vanishing as it gets smaller.

Simple, simple things that little children can be shown and understand. How can anyone deny such blindingly obvious things?

Edited by Solasta

Here is a short and by no means concise list:

• The Sun sets without any size change and that is impossible in itself. The vanishing point is named thus!
  • The Sun's motion through the sky is the same at every angle, location and time. It NEVER varies - 15 degrees of angular distance per hour.
  • On any map of the flat earth, the two tropic circles HAVE to be different circumferences - the Sun HAS to increase speed for the larger one!! It provably does not differ in speed anywhere, any time.
  • There has been not one iota of scientific measurement that corresponds to a flat earth, including sudden speed changes from the Sun.
  • The Moon is inverted in the Southern Hemisphere. 
  • At a range of distances starting with the unfeasible Everest height for the Sun - the horizon is a ridiculous distance away.
  • ANYONE can take an image through a quality telescope of Mars/Jupiter etc. and see them rotating.
  • ANYONE can take an image through a filter and see the Sun rotating.
  • Lunar eclipses occur where the Earth moves across the Sun's path to the Moon.
  • There are so many problems with long haul flight distances on the common flat earth map - it is quite absurd.
  • Australia on the regulation flat earth map is 5,000 miles across!!
  • Star fields rotate in opposite directions by hemisphere.
  • Gravity  - there is no offer of a workable counter explanation.
  • Sea tides.
  • There is no mechanism where the Sun is able to illuminate half a disc. It is an absurd magic spotlight needed to do this.
  • It is impossible for anything including the Sun and Moon to drop below eye level when they are always above it.
  • There are thousands of orbiting satellites. Including the ISS.
  • There are hundreds of thousands of images taken in space over the decades.
  • There is live footage from the ISS. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY4UJceEaVg / https://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/iss_ustream.html
  • Amongst the orbiting satellites are 24/7 weather satellites downloading realtime data.
  • Satellite TV dishes receiving data from a point out in space.
  • The Moon simultaneously shows the same face to places on the same latitude 10,000 miles apart. How?

20 minutes ago, Solasta said:

There is a curve and a sphere

There is no evidence of this myth

A flat earth has been shown through experiment and observation many times

21 minutes ago, Solasta said:

Uninformed junk.

22 minutes ago, Solasta said:

Your claim is just the bog-standard armwaving away inconvenient facts

22 minutes ago, Solasta said:

just armwaving and uninformed posturing

Skywave has been used for over 70years

23 minutes ago, Solasta said:

I am just telling you my explanation

I do not want to convince you or debate this issue, thanks. 

2 hours ago, zArk said:

There is no evidence of this myth

And the joke continues. Once again you armwave away every single image taken of planet Earth including a ridiculous number taken from low Earth orbit. How can any sane person think this is faked in 1969?

There are just so. so many videos showing boats and windmills over the horizon, you are just completely in denial.

2 hours ago, zArk said:

A flat earth has been shown through experiment and observation many times

That is completely untrue. There has not been one single experiment that stands up to scrutiny or easy explanations that flat earthers are afraid to understand.

2 hours ago, zArk said:

Skywave has been used for over 70years

So what? It doesn't do what is required to mimic the effect of a million dishes pointing at the same spot, it doesn't have even remotely enough bandwidth and TV transmission frequencies are simply too high! How can you not know this?

2 hours ago, zArk said:

I am just telling you my explanation

I don't think so. You are flanneling with gibberish. Nothing you have 'explained' works. I'd ask you to try properly and with detail, but historically from your posts you won't do that. No flat earther can explain even that simple thing about TV dishes.

12 minutes ago, alexa said:

And you believe your seeing live footage 🤣

It's "you're".  Hope that helps for future reference. I know I am seeing live footage and your ridiculous tendency to miss entire posts and come back with one liners is once again noted - from a list of some 20 odd things never explained! You can holler all you like and make noises about CGI but that is absolutely absurd. The idea that these images and continuous video could be auto generated is pure nonsense.

ANYONE who believes a flat Earth. explain this.

On any map of the flat earth, the two tropic circles HAVE to be different circumferences - the Sun HAS to increase speed for the larger one!! It provably does not differ in speed anywhere, any time.

On the Flat Earth, The Sun Never Sets! (nmsr.org)

3-D-FE-sun.jpg

Basically for anybody confused. The Sun MUST follow the paths denoted above at key times in the year, otherwise the rough illumination and visibility pattern would not be possible(it isn't anyway, but we'll ignore that). ie. Sun overhead at certain points in the year.

The orange circle is bigger than the blue circle, so the Sun MUST go faster to cover more distance in its 24 hour day - it NEVER does. Another simple point from one side issue about the Sun.

No flat earther will even attempt to explain this - because there is no explanation - we are on a planet.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Solasta said:

No flat earther will even attempt to explain this - because there is no explanation - we are on a planet.

Our exploratory research points to a quality reciprocal of the sun.

3 hours ago, alexa said:

Who's exploratory research, certainly not yours and what the hell is a quality reciprocal of the sun,I hope you are not alluding to zark's rather ludicrous crapped on,sorry krypton, gas layer reflections

Edited by peter

49 minutes ago, peter said:

what the hell is a quality reciprocal of the sun,

Homogenized reciprocal;

To make the same -(Of a course or bearing) differing from a given course or bearing by 180 degrees.

4 hours ago, alexa said:

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic. As I said, none of them will offer any explanation, there is no explanation. The sneeky posting dumps it off the latest page - here it is again for their continued evasion:

"Basically for anybody confused. The Sun MUST follow the paths denoted above at key times in the year, otherwise the rough illumination and visibility pattern would not be possible(it isn't anyway, but we'll ignore that). ie. Sun overhead at certain points in the year.

The orange circle is bigger than the blue circle, so the Sun MUST go faster to cover more distance in its 24 hour day - it NEVER does. Another simple point from one side issue about the Sun."

Edit: Morpheus and zArk did a little funny "Haha" comment about this post but showed how correct I was in their failure to explain it.

Edited by Solasta
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, zArk said:

That's just trolling. You really cannot answer any of the major issues being put to you.

Explain the satellite dishes all pointed to a point off Earth. Try to not repeat your uninformed error about Skywave, the frequency of TV transmissions are too high to bounce off the ionosphere.

• Guest changed the title to The Flat Earth/Globe Earth Discussion Thread
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Guest unlocked this topic
  • Grumpy Owl unpinned this topic
  • Grumpy Owl pinned this topic
  • Guest unlocked and unpinned this topic
  • Guest locked and unlocked this topic