Jump to content

The Flat Earth/Globe Earth Discussion Thread


bflat
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Solasta said:

 

I don't recall disputing this piece of Greek mythology. Relevance factor zero.

 

You quoted;

 

Quote

 

Atlas was not holding up the earth..........

Atlas was given the task of holding up the heavens as punishment from Zeus for leading the Titans in their battle with the Olympian Gods for control of the heavens. ... The Titan Atlas held up the heavens, a punishment from Zeus for warring with the Olympian gods.

 

image_2022-01-21_003054.png.d3a7c4b0a16c07f846f4b25108baebbc.png

 

 

Edited by alexa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The International Space Station could soon have a FILM STUDIO and sports arena! UK firm reveals plans to attach a 'Space Entertainment Enterprise' to the ISS as early as 2024 

53178601-0-image-m-15_1642706078292.jpg

Space Entertainment Enterprise (SEE) , based in London, has revealed plans for a film, TV, sport and entertainment broadcast module for the ISS, to launch in 2024.

 

What they gonna watch, 'The Day The Earth Stood Still ' 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, alexa said:

 

I didn't ignore them, I've seen all these CGI's before.

 

Explain it please because it is absolutey ludicrous for you to suggest this doesn't happen and is a CGI. Is the Moon a sphere? Why do you offer the Bible as the word of God when it was written and compiled by people in an era when they didn't even have flushable toilets? Does god hate homosexuals?

 

Watch this 3 minute video and perhaps get some perspective on the useless bible:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, alexa said:

 

You quoted;

 

 

Atlas was not holding up the earth..........

Atlas was given the task of holding up the heavens as punishment from Zeus for leading the Titans in their battle with the Olympian Gods for control of the heavens. ... The Titan Atlas held up the heavens, a punishment from Zeus for warring with the Olympian gods.

 

image_2022-01-21_003054.png.d3a7c4b0a16c07f846f4b25108baebbc.png

 

 

 

Yes, still irrelevant Greek Mythology. The Greeks knew the Earth was a planet, the meme was deceptive.

Edited by Solasta
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, alexa said:

The International Space Station could soon have a FILM STUDIO and sports arena! UK firm reveals plans to attach a 'Space Entertainment Enterprise' to the ISS as early as 2024 

53178601-0-image-m-15_1642706078292.jpg

Space Entertainment Enterprise (SEE) , based in London, has revealed plans for a film, TV, sport and entertainment broadcast module for the ISS, to launch in 2024.

 

What they gonna watch, 'The Day The Earth Stood Still ' 🤣

 

No, just normal stuff as they orbit the planet in full view of the entire world at a verifiable speed of 17,500mph. Some 'drone' that!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Solasta said:

 

I think you need to check out the other thread about why it cannot be flat

all measurements and experiments show the earth is flat

 

No experiments or measurements show the earth to be a sphere

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Solasta said:

The setting Moon and Sun proves the sphere. There is not any workable 2 dimensional model of an object above the eyeline dropping below it and without any modification to its size at the vanishing point.

 

What the hell are you writing? workable 2 dimensional model

 

i am ending this discussion. I havent got the time or will power to tramp through the same discussion which has been had on this thread and previous ones.

there is a plethera of sound explanation of angles, viewing angles, distance, vanishing points etc etc

go back to the start of this thread and read it, watch the videos and then return

 

Quote

Your base opinion means nothing to reality.

 

lol, thanks for that however my opinion is weighted by experiments and measurements.

 

 

Edited by zArk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Solasta said:

Why do you offer the Bible as the word of God when it was written and compiled by people in an era when they didn't even have flushable toilets?

Flushable toilet = 1775

Copernicus theory = 1530

 

🤔🤭

Edited by Morpheus
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Solasta said:

Please tell me how it is doing what it is doing in the animated gif I showed you. Librating. You see science, gravity and the entire community of cosmology and astronomy explains it, know it and understand it. 

 

the entire community doesnt agree with itself , the vast majority does

the vast majority opinion is based upon the earth being a sphere, it is not. There is no curve.

assumption and presumption is the grounding for the vast majority opinion

 

the moon image wobbles, it is not rotating. you and no-one else has ever seen it rotate.

the moons wobble
 

Quote

 

Helio conflict

 

if the moons rotational speed is affected by Sun and earth why does is its obliquity incompatible with the Sun and earth?

 

Thinking in a 3d way the orientation of the Moon (for its tilt) is locked to the earth yet the obliquity moves independent to the earths obliquity. The orientation in the Helio model is locked between moon and earth yet the Helio model is required to separate the vertical movement to accommodate the observable wobble

 

chuck that Helio model theory out

 

 

 

 

shall i mention Tycho and its size and that it is clearly viewable?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Solasta said:

Does god hate homosexuals?

 

God hates sodomy, why do you think he dun away with Sodom.

 

2 hours ago, Solasta said:

Is the Moon a sphere?

 

I've no Idea, but what I do know it is in the firmament & is not 384,000 miles away from earth.

 

2 hours ago, Solasta said:

Why do you offer the Bible as the word of God

 

Because it is.

Your video has cherry picked these passages for the sake of making millions for a Zionist Satanic organization called Hollywood.

You do know that the Apollo 69 landings on the moon were made in a Hollywood basement 😂

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, zArk said:

all measurements and experiments show the earth is flat

 

No experiments or measurements show the earth to be a sphere

 

 

That is one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever read.

 

Every single infinitessimal measurement both on Earth and in space, of its motion and its distances to other planets and stars is beyond any doubt proof of a planet.  Take for instance the distance to the Moon.

 

You keep pretending not to see this: amateur radio clubs all around the planet routinely bounce radio waves off the surface of the Moon and log returns showing its distance.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, zArk said:

What the hell are you writing? workable 2 dimensional model

 

 

Typo! I see you completely ignored the statement. Why was that? There is not any workable 3 dimensional model of an object above the eyeline dropping below it and without any modification to its size at the vanishing point.

 

 

2 hours ago, zArk said:

i am ending this discussion. I havent got the time or will power to tramp through the same discussion which has been had on this thread and previous ones.

 

 

Yet you keep posting in this tread for some strange reason. I read quite a large amount of this and you routinely avoid every piece of evidence that proves you wrong. The previous ones remain unanswered by you, so understandably you are 'ending this discussion'.

 

2 hours ago, zArk said:

there is a plethera of sound explanation of angles, viewing angles, distance, vanishing points etc etc

go back to the start of this thread and read it, watch the videos and then return

 

 

There is a plethora of nonsensical gibberish. There is not any circumstance where an object above the eyeline moving on a flat surface can drop below the eyeline. It is a linear impossibility. How can you not see this? It is so blindingly obvious. Just do an experiment with any object in your house. Move it away, it always stays above eye level.

 

It never just suddeny disappears at the same size as when it is directly above you. All yiou are doing is evading terminal flaws in your claims by telling me they are elsewhere. I saw one video of this mystical zone where the Sun goes but it contradicts reality and nobody can fail to understand this.

 

2 hours ago, zArk said:

lol, thanks for that however my opinion is weighted by experiments and measurements.

 

No, sorry it isn't. Your opinion is fixed and immovable as you refuse to acknowledge any of the thousand problems with a flat earth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Flushable toilet = 1775

Copernicus theory = 1530

 

🤔🤭

 

The Bible. Put together by people without any scientific understanding of the planet. Your post is not relevant to my point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Gone Fishing...

SATELLITES.

Years ago when I had a family member living with me I subscribed to Sky TV for them. (If you're gonna have TV then be selective and increase your choices for good content) 

Anyway.. After a big storm we had no signal. When I checked out the dish on the wall of the house in the back garden I saw that it had been moved by the strong winds. 

 

After climbing up, loosening the fittings and randomly moving it while someone tried the TV we got the dish pointing in the correct direction and the signal returned. The TV had all its channels again. 

The dish was pointing UP into the sky. (hence the company name I'd guess) 

So... the signal was coming from something up in the sky and not something on the ground. 

 

I therefore have a sneaky suspicion that there are indeed Satellites. 

BC 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, zArk said:

the entire community doesnt agree with itself , the vast majority does

 

 

Yes it does. The entire cosmology and astronomy community agree that we live on a planet. They know it from their work and their observations and every single piece of data - not least from telescopes in orbit with all the thousands of other satellites.

 

2 hours ago, zArk said:

the vast majority opinion is based upon the earth being a sphere, it is not. There is no curve.

assumption and presumption is the grounding for the vast majority opinion

 

 

Incorrect. None of the people in either of those two communities assume anything. Ten minutes with a powerful telescope and it becomes obvious, we live on a spinning planet. You seem to be suggesting that the extremely well educated people in the cosmology community are all gullible fools who can't see the incorrect things you see? Perhaps you should attempt to get some perspective on how likely that is. See video I posted just above.

 

2 hours ago, zArk said:

the moon image wobbles, it is not rotating. you and no-one else has ever seen it rotate.

the moons wobble

 

 

Why does it wobble? It isn't an image it is a spherical Moon being tugged about by gravity. I see it rotate every second it is visible. It is tidally locked from gravity as are the visible Moons of Jupiter seen as the visible planet of Jupiter rotates.

 

2 hours ago, zArk said:

shall i mention Tycho and its size and that it is clearly viewable?

 

Yes, please do. Explain why it shouldn't be viewable and why its size is significant.

 

tycho-crater.jpg

 

And for crying out loud, for once, explain how radio enthusiasts bounce radio waves off of the surface.

Edited by Solasta
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, alexa said:

 

Like your CGI pics of earth from space.:classic_rolleyes:

 

I suspect you are very young or not old enough to understand that the digital age does not extend back to 1969. Those images are from transparencies taken by a non digital camera. They show the exact view of the Earth at every single point that corresponds to the position in space they should be. I strongly suspect that you know they are real images and are simply afraid to admit that your view of the Earth is completely wrong.

 

God and the belief of everything around it does not require a silly dome or a flat plane. A beautiful planet glowing in space is far more wondrous.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, alexa said:

God hates sodomy, why do you think he dun away with Sodom.

 

 

Really, that is your response? God is homophobic but makes men who have no option other than to do this? What about you, you think good old God would do that? And what about that video, it shows the absurdity of the Bible.

 

 

1 hour ago, alexa said:

I've no Idea, but what I do know it is in the firmament & is not 384,000 miles away from earth.

 

 

I liked the first part of your statement. It is 384,000 km not miles. Read my post above and explain why you continually fail to respond to radio hams who bounce radio waves off of the surface of the Moon. Explain how it shows the same face to people viewing it simultaneously at the same latitude thousands of miles from each other. It's just impossible.

  

1 hour ago, alexa said:

Your video has cherry picked these passages for the sake of making millions for a Zionist Satanic organization called Hollywood.

 

It uses actual passages from the Bible, they are clear and unambiguous. Why do you fail to acknowledge this?

  

1 hour ago, alexa said:

You do know that the Apollo 69 landings on the moon were made in a Hollywood basement 😂

 

Your attempt at humour failed. It is one of the top 5 craziest conspiracy theories, just behind this one.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

And your point makes no sense. 🤯

 

Sure it does. Let me explain it to you in ever simpler terms if that is possible. I originally pointed out by way of attempting humour that the bible was put together by people who weren't advanced enough to experience a flushing toilet. So let's make this more succinct. They were religious zealots, they had no scientific understanding, not withstanding that the science at that time and region wasn't up to much. They had no idea about the shape of the Earth because they had no understanding of anything needed.

 

Now after we have dismantled this very daft strawman, the Bible says nothing about a dome. Further, using this book of nonsense as a means to determine the shape of the planet is like using a cornflake packet to make a jigsaw puzzle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Solasta said:

Now after we have dismantled this very daft strawman, the Bible says nothing about a dome.

 

King James Bible  Gensis 1-6
And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. 

 

Again and Again I have to point this out :classic_rolleyes: When will it sink home ?

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Solasta said:

They were religious zealots, they had no scientific understanding, not withstanding that the science at that time and region wasn't up to much. They had no idea about the shape of the Earth because they had no understanding of anything needed.

 

You under estimate these people.

 

199543114_amazzaroth.jpg.9ba97ac4ff4b312d14ca2f46c44314eb.jpg

 

865725434_amazarathx.png.435f69d2eac87de4f049cc610da03031.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Solasta said:

the Bible says nothing about a dome

 

Well it does .... just depends on which version you adhere to (also firmament, in part, means vault .... you know, some place you lock things into)

 

KJ21

And God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.”

ASV

And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

AMP

And God said, “Let there be an expanse [of the sky] in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters [below the expanse] from the waters [above the expanse].”

AMPC

And God said, Let there be a firmament [the expanse of the sky] in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters [below] from the waters [above].

BRG

And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

CSB

Then God said, “Let there be an expanse between the waters, separating water from water.”

CEB

God said, “Let there be a dome in the middle of the waters to separate the waters from each other.”

CJB

God said, “Let there be a dome in the middle of the water; let it divide the water from the water.”

CEV

God said, “I command a dome to separate the water above it from the water below it.”

DARBY

And God said, Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it be a division between waters and waters.

DRA

And God said: Let there be a firmament made amidst the waters: and let it divide the waters from the waters.

ERV

Then God said, “Let there be a space to separate the water into two parts!”

EHV

God said, “Let there be an expanse between the waters, and let it separate the water from the water.”

ESV

And God said, “Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.”

ESVUK

And God said, “Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.”

EXB

Then God said, “Let there be ·something to divide the water in two [L a firmament/dome/expanse in the midst of the waters to separate/divide the waters from the waters].”

GNV

¶ Again God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.

GW

Then God said, “Let there be a horizon in the middle of the water in order to separate the water.”

GNT

Then God commanded, “Let there be a dome to divide the water and to keep it in two separate places”—and it was done. So God made a dome, and it separated the water under it from the water above it.

HCSB

Then God said, “Let there be an expanse between the waters, separating water from water.”

ICB

Then God said, “Let there be something to divide the water in two!”

ISV

Then God said, “Let there be a canopy between bodies of water, separating bodies of water from bodies of water!”

JUB

And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

KJV

And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

AKJV

And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

LEB

And God said, “Let there be a vaulted dome in the midst of the waters, and let it cause a separation between the waters.”

TLB

And God said, “Let the vapors separate to form the sky above and the oceans below.”

MSG

God spoke: “Sky! In the middle of the waters; separate water from water!” God made sky. He separated the water under sky from the water above sky. And there it was: he named sky the Heavens; It was evening, it was morning— Day Two.

MEV

Then God said, “Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.”

NOG

Then Elohim said, “Let there be a horizon in the middle of the water in order to separate the water.”

NABRE

Then God said: Let there be a dome in the middle of the waters, to separate one body of water from the other.

NASB

Then God said, “Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.”

NASB1995

Then God said, “Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.”

NCB

God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters to separate one set of waters from the other.”

NCV

Then God said, “Let there be something to divide the water in two.”

NET

God said, “Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters and let it separate water from water.”

NIRV

God said, “Let there be a huge space between the waters. Let it separate water from water.”

NIV

And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.”

NIVUK

And God said, ‘Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.’

NKJV

Then God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.”

NLV

Then God said, “Let there be an open space between the waters. Let it divide waters from waters.”

NLT

Then God said, “Let there be a space between the waters, to separate the waters of the heavens from the waters of the earth.”

NRSV

And God said, “Let there be a dome in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.”

NRSVA

And God said, ‘Let there be a dome in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.’

NRSVACE

And God said, ‘Let there be a dome in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.’

NRSVCE

And God said, “Let there be a dome in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.”

OJB

And Elohim said, Let there be a raki’a (expanse, dome, firmament) in the midst of the mayim (waters), and let it divide the mayim from the mayim.

RSV

And God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.”

RSVCE

And God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.”

TLV

Then God said, “Let there be an expanse in the midst of the water! Let it be for separating water from water.”

VOICE

God: Let there be a vast expanse in the middle of the waters. Let the waters above part from the waters below.

WEB

God said, “Let there be an expanse in the middle of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.”

WYC

And God said, The firmament be made in the midst of (the) waters, and part (the) waters from (the) waters.

YLT

And God saith, `Let an expanse be in the midst of the waters, and let it be separating between waters and waters.'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ink said:

 

Well it does .... just depends on which version you adhere to (also firmament, in part, means vault .... you know, some place you lock things into)

 

CEB

God said, “Let there be a dome in the middle of the waters to separate the waters from each other.”

CJB

God said, “Let there be a dome in the middle of the water; let it divide the water from the water.”

CEV

God said, “I command a dome to separate the water above it from the water below it.”

DARBY

And God said, Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it be a division between waters and waters.

DRA

And God said: Let there be a firmament made amidst the waters: and let it divide the waters from the waters.

ERV

Then God said, “Let there be a space to separate the water into two parts!”

EHV

God said, “Let there be an expanse between the waters, and let it separate the water from the water.”

ESV

And God said, “Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.”

ESVUK

And God said, “Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.”

EXB

Then God said, “Let there be ·something to divide the water in two [L a firmament/dome/expanse in the midst of the waters to separate/divide the waters from the waters].”

GNV

¶ Again God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.

 

 

Sorry, that's just transational baloney.  I can't believe people are quoting a work of fiction written by men who had no understanding of science at all, suggesting that somehow God, being the kind male fellow he is, dictated his actions to some poor sap with a pen. Then thousands of years down the road people look at the 'firmament' and it becomes a plastic see-thru dome.

 

There isn't a hand or forehead big enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, alexa said:

 

King James Bible  Gensis 1-6
And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. 

 

Again and Again I have to point this out :classic_rolleyes: When will it sink home ?

 

So let me understand your belief system. God, in his infinite wisdom dictated his activities to some bloke who wrote it all down and then it became your mantra? You still ignore the quotes from the bible showing it to be a work of pure meandering nonsense. 

 

And what is this quote? God, good bloke that he is, has placed a see through plastic or something-never-defined dome between waters, when actually the atmosphere is on one side and the vacuum of space the other. Neither are water. Or maybe I missed the proper meaning here!

 

God divided the atmosphere from space, or are you actually suggesting that space is water?

Edited by Solasta
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Guest changed the title to The Flat Earth/Globe Earth Discussion Thread
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Guest unlocked this topic
  • Grumpy Owl unpinned this topic
  • Grumpy Owl pinned this topic
  • Guest unlocked and unpinned this topic
  • Guest locked and unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...