The Flat Earth/Globe Earth Discussion Thread

bflat

7 hours ago, RobSS said:

But midway through, I thought we only know what we're told and whet our brain tells us, but who really knows and does it matter?

It matters because they have taken the truth and turned it around (no pun intended ) to turn Gods creation into a lie.

It matters as it hides God & his word in the Bible, in Genesis 1.

It matters because our children are being indoctrinated to believe the lie & turn them away from the truth Genesis 1.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, zArk said:

a little un does not have the faculties to recognise the effect of such a profound difference

and

the difference between a centred or decentred being is huge

I didn't mean that little! How does the difference show?

Edited by RobSS

7 hours ago, alexa said:

It matters because they have taken the truth and turned it around (no pun intended ) to turn Gods creation into a lie.

It matters as it hides God & his word in the Bible, in Genesis 1.

It matters because our children are being indoctrinated to believe the lie & turn them away from the truth Genesis 1.

Can you please say which verse is applicable?

Thanks!

56 minutes ago, RobSS said:

How does the difference show

The earth being flat, observable and measurable Vs earth being a sphere with no proof and no curve 

Flat is real, sphere is fantasy 

1 hour ago, zArk said:

The earth being flat, observable and measurable Vs earth being a sphere with no proof and no curve 

Flat is real, sphere is fantasy 

Does it make any difference to how you feel about life? That's what I thought you meant!

19 minutes ago, alexa said:

Genesis 1-19

"And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day."

The Earth could be flat, but reading that verse, it could still be round, also! Does it really matter?

1 hour ago, RobSS said:

"And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day."

The Earth could be flat, but reading that verse, it could still be round, also! Does it really matter?

No - I meant for you to read in Gen 1 verses 1 to 19😁

24 minutes ago, RobSS said:

I don't see any specific verse or sentence that specifically says Earth is flat!

Gen 1-7

Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so.

Isaiah 40:22

22 He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

Psalm 104:5

5 He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved.

There are many verses in the Bible like this, in fact there are 200.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, RobSS said:

Does it make any difference to how you feel about life? That's what I thought you meant!

there is that as well

the difference between 'creation' and 'by chance'

8 hours ago, alexa said:

Gen 1-7

Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so.

Isaiah 40:22

22 He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

Psalm 104:5

5 He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved.

There are many verses in the Bible like this, in fact there are 200.

None of those verses actually states Earth is flat. For example, when God talks about "foundations", that could just be a metaphor for immutable primordial laws. I don't think it matters if the earth is round or flat.

1 hour ago, RobSS said:

None of those verses actually states Earth is flat. For example, when God talks about "foundations", that could just be a metaphor for immutable primordial laws. I don't think it matters if the earth is round or flat.

No none of the verses actually say the earth is flat, you have to see through the words, for instance, in the verse Isiah 40-22 where it says 'God sits enthroned over looking the circle of the earth' there is a difference in the word circle & Ball, as you can see from this verse

Isiah  22-18

He will surely turn violently and toss you like a ball Into a large country; There you shall die, and there your glorious chariots Shall be the shame of your master’s house.

You see we have two different meaning from the words, circle & ball, it helps to cross reference when reading the Bible. 😀

It does matter if the earth is flat or a spinning ball, to know you have been lied to all your life is not nice & the truth will come out eventually, just like the truth about this so called pandemic & the Spanish flue. Look how hard it is for us to persuade the masses that there is no pandemic & it's only been two years but the masses have been indoctrinated about the shape of the earth for five hundred years.You have to ask yourself 'WHY' 

6 minutes ago, alexa said:

No none of the verses actually say the earth is flat, you have to see through the words, for instance, in the verse Isiah 40-22 where it says 'God sits enthroned over looking the circle of the earth' there is a difference in the word circle & Ball, as you can see from this verse

Isiah  22-18

He will surely turn violently and toss you like a ball Into a large country; There you shall die, and there your glorious chariots Shall be the shame of your master’s house.

You see we have two different meaning from the words, circle & ball, it helps to cross reference when reading the Bible. 😀

It does matter if the earth is flat or a spinning ball, to know you have been lied to all your life is not nice & the truth will come out eventually, just like the truth about this so called pandemic & the Spanish flue. Look how hard it is for us to persuade the masses that there is no pandemic & it's only been two years but the masses have been indoctrinated about the shape of the earth for five hundred years.You have to ask yourself 'WHY' 

When you do look at earth from on high, it does look like a circle, and it would look like a circle even if it was a globe, so I don't think that passage proves the earth is flat, but it also don't prove Earth is a globe. I think the issue makes a mountain out of a molehill. If it really was important, I'm sure Jesus Christ would've had something to say about it!

13 minutes ago, alexa said:

No none of the verses actually say the earth is flat, you have to see through the words,

So you're basically admitting that you just reinterpret what you believe to suit yourself?

This is the problem with the Bible, it has been translated, reinterpreted and rewritten so many times over the years that much of the original meaning has been lost, and of course this has been done to suit other peoples' narratives and agendas at the time.

Of course, what you probably don't realise is that many of the 'modern' translations of the Bible were done by... freemasons. 🤫

6 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Of course, what you probably don't realise is that many of the 'modern' translations of the Bible were done by... freemasons.

No it wasn't, it was written by God through his chosen prophets 😇

How many books can you cross reference which always get's you to the truth ?

10 minutes ago, alexa said:

No it wasn't, it was written by God through his chosen prophets 😇

How many books can you cross reference which always get's you to the truth ?

You mean Experiencer. Who passed on their seen encounters. Which were then interpreted by those who knew how to write but understood none of it. Which then became cults. Who were rewritten to rule over others. What makes you think you can see the truth?

1 hour ago, Grumpy Owl said:

This is the problem with the Bible,

to be clear the Bible is a collection of works from a few sources

it is split into 2 main sections, the new testament and the old testament

the old testament can easily be cross-referenced with the hebrew version

i think the firmament is mentioned in daniel, psalms, genesis etc which is the hebrew bible

19 minutes ago, alexa said:

God speaks to me in ways that you wouldn't understand.

So your God speaks in ways I cannot understand. But I have seen many things like the others who have had to see it here in this reality. And I know exactly what they have seen. What all have ever seen. And I know that your God does not speak.  You only dream that which has been interpreted by humans.

5 minutes ago, Origin said:

So your God speaks in ways I cannot understand. But I have seen many things like the others who have had to see it here in this reality. And I know exactly what they have seen. What all have ever seen. And I know that your God does not speak.  You only dream that which has been interpreted by humans.

It's still your experience, & your experience of that collective. 

• Like 1

• Guest changed the title to The Flat Earth/Globe Earth Discussion Thread
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Guest unlocked this topic
  • Grumpy Owl unpinned this topic
  • Grumpy Owl pinned this topic
  • Guest unlocked and unpinned this topic
  • Guest locked and unlocked this topic