Jump to content

The Flat Earth Thread: The reality of our physical plane (v2)


bflat
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, dollazNdiamond said:

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/119382191_10164018213325562_7386220240265676414_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=iuIsv4nw7yUAX_tCVDm&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=c973398d25fd9c1d3f08c248afc23e9c&oe=5F872F23

 

So you think the Earth is flat do you? I misread your comment I actually thought you were tearing apart the nonsensical "proofs".

 

Ok then. So how about YOU win the debate by explaining this:

 

  • You are standing on the equator and the Sun is directly overhead. 
  • According to the flat earth community it is 3000 miles away.
  • In 6 hours time it is just about to set.
  • You are in French Guiana and six hours later the Sun is directly above Ethiopia - verifiably so.
  • Distance roughly between those is 6,300 miles.

Even on the totally unfeasible flat earth map (and proven so with aircraft routes) the distance is still about the same.

 

Now, I don't care whether you are good or crap with maths, ANYBODY can put figures into an automatic calculator. The Sun is a couple of degrees above the horizon.

http://www.cleavebooks.co.uk/scol/calrtri.htm

 

A= 2   (degrees)

a = 3000 (miles)

 

Now go off and put in the figures and read out what it says for b, that is the distance between the observer on French Guiana and where the Sun is above Ethiopia. I make it 85,900 miles.

 

Oh and what the actual phuck, the Sun is the same size 85,900 miles away as it is 3000 miles away.

 

Edited by Comedy Time
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, dollazNdiamond said:

cutting and pasting the same things is bad form. you should do your own research if you need answers.

 

 

I don't need answers and that piece of observation and maths that you are afraid to answer is mine. If you don't understand something like gravity for example, it isn't grounds for your opinion to be right. It is usual an indicator to get some education.

 

The sun sets how?

The Moon is upside down in Australia how?

Starfields rotate the opposite in the Southern hemisphere how?

A lunar eclipse how?

Boats disappear hull first how?

Chicago disappears bottom up how?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Comedy Time said:

 

I don't need answers and that piece of observation and maths that you are afraid to answer is mine. If you don't understand something like gravity for example, it isn't grounds for your opinion to be right. It is usual an indicator to get some education.

 

The sun sets how?

The Moon is upside down in Australia how?

Starfields rotate the opposite in the Southern hemisphere how?

A lunar eclipse how?

Boats disappear hull first how?

Chicago disappears bottom up how?

 

basic stuff

try researching

 

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/119451534_3613498105347905_2722354766481889280_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=ZN6O6rrma_wAX9aBRs0&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=0387f9d1916c21155b1191d1df2e93db&oe=5F885095

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dollazNdiamond said:

basic stuff

try researching

 

Wow, making lot's of noise but afraid to debate.

 

The sun stays the same size, zenith in Ethiopia when viewed from French Guiana 6,300 miles away. Using trigonometry it is 85,000 miles away. You cannot explain that in your wildest dreams. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, dollazNdiamond said:

basic stuff

try researching

 

Welcome to the forum @dollazNdiamond I can see you're yet another keen advocate of the 'flat earth theory'.

 

Perhaps you could try using your own words to answer questions and explain things, rather than just repeating the same tired mantras of the 'flat earth enthusiasts' please?

 

This topic is just going round in circles.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, dollazNdiamond said:

yes

and that has nothing to do with the point above unless you claim that the rest of earth is on the other side of a ball

 

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/119140771_10220550336621249_4994939585613191794_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=tT3zN7W6tGQAX9RCHoZ&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=80f174540b415eeb7782453a5fc58de9&oe=5F889CB7

 

they fake it all

 

 

Fish-eye lens of partial Earth in picture number 2. I could actually help you properly understand all of this, I suspect you will just ignore everything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dollazNdiamond said:

the globes are the same size... you have been tricked by a meme again

your research ability lacks

 

That isn't a "meme" and kindly stop projecting. If you are close up to a globe you won't see 180 degrees of it. They are 3 specific pictures at variable distance and I took the time to verify it with an old globe I had.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dollazNdiamond said:

not variable distance as the size of the globes are identical

 

you are being defeated by memes and nasa  will not like this

 

Would you like me to explain the concept of a zoom lens and enlarging images?

 

NASA couldn't give two small shites about any internet noise.

Edited by Comedy Time
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Comedy Time said:

 

Would you like me to explain the concept of a zoom lens and enlarging images?

 

NASA couldn't give two small shites about any internet noise.

no

explain why no evidence of earth curve exists

no crazy speeds or directions have been shown either

that is actually what you should explain

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, dollazNdiamond said:

no

explain why no evidence of earth curve exists

no crazy speeds or directions have been shown either

that is actually what you should explain

 

 

 

Dear me, I can see exactly where this thread is going, nowhere.

 

Can you please try and enlighten us - in your own words - without resorting to using the same memes and videos that have already been posted in this topic?

 

What is it with 'flat earthers' not having any original thoughts of their own?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Grumpy Owl said:

 

Dear me, I can see exactly where this thread is going, nowhere.

 

Can you please try and enlighten us - in your own words - without resorting to using the same memes and videos that have already been posted in this topic?

 

What is it with 'flat earthers' not having any original thoughts of their own?

explain why no evidence of earth curve exists

no crazy speeds or directions have been shown either

that is actually what you should explain

 

can you please try and answer? with your own original thoughts?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, dollazNdiamond said:

no

explain why no evidence of earth curve exists

no crazy speeds or directions have been shown either

that is actually what you should explain

 

So you accept that close up you see less than 180 degrees?

idiot-guide.jpg

16 minutes ago, dollazNdiamond said:

explain why no evidence of earth curve exists

 

 

At what altitude? The ISS shows curvature as do all the images taken during the Apollo missions. If you are just going to cry faaaaake, what's the point?

 

This is a curvature plot by altitude I did:

 

Angles.jpg

 

The Earth is very, very big. At aircraft cruising altitude you will only see 3.2 degrees of variance and that if you can see a full 90 degrees of span.

 

16 minutes ago, dollazNdiamond said:

that is actually what you should explain

 

The problem is not that "crazy speeds" haven't been shown but why you think they are crazy. If you were on an Earth sized roundabout spinning once in 24hrs and you were right at the centre, it would be ridiculously fast. The more you move away from the centre the slower it gets. 7000 miles away you won't even notice.

 

16 minutes ago, dollazNdiamond said:

that is actually what you should explain

 

Your turn. If YOU can't answer basics without relying on really daft youtube videos then that should tell you, YOU are the one who has been hoodwinked.

 

Read this and answer it:

https://penguinsfalloff.blogspot.com/2017/06/as-internet-debates-go-one-concerning.html

Edited by Comedy Time
correction to daft error 3.2 degrees at 30,000ft
Link to comment
Share on other sites

People like Galileo for example proved this in the renaissance, Ancient Egyptians proved it, Ancient Greeks proved it. People have been burnt at the stake for the globe theory.   Why would anyone risk being burnt alive to make up something so ridiculous. I can take my telescope to my garage roof and point at town about 10 miles away. I can clearly see curvature. My 7 year old understands this. Don’t normally comment on FE stuff but getting too much. I have a friend who is convinced of flat earth despite all the proof against. Love her dearly but glad she’s terrified of cv so haven’t seen her since end of March.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, dollazNdiamond said:

it is fake

 

https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/119141084_10217882182158811_8359467168041279918_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=Muw2mvWlUUQAX_54KNu&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&oh=66f73be65ea8a608b9682946efa64289&oe=5F85179C

 

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/119457186_10217882183878854_7476701111930384121_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=SsFOaDi7sWcAX_HHYDM&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=7641e5728265ab36135f0fc03d2aee82&oe=5F8690C0

 

 

 

Listen dude. Felix jumped from 39,000 metres. Ok?

 

See my little chart above, at 50,000 metres you will see 7.16 degrees of variance on a curve on Earth proportions. This is easily verifiable trigonometry. Go on, do it yourself verify it.

 

The Earth is VERY, VERY big. The curvature seen on the wide angle lens exaggerates it - you'd see about 6 degrees of variance on a 90 degree span. The bit through the window is barely 5 degrees span - you'd see no variance through that, at that altitude!

 

You are actually getting your backside kicked here on every post I am making. Perhaps you need to run off and rethink this?

 

 

Edited by Comedy Time
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Comedy Time said:

 

Listen dude. Felix jumped from 39,000 metres. Ok?

 

See my little chart above, at 50,000 metres you will see 7.16 degrees of variance on a curve on Earth proportions. This is easily verifiable trigonometry. Go on, do it yourself verify it.

 

The Earth is VERY, VERY big. The curvature seen on the wide angle lens exaggerates it - you'd see about 6 degrees of variance on a 90 degree span. The bit through the window is barely 5 degrees span - you'd see no variance through that, at that altitude!

 

You are actually getting your backside kicked here on every post I am making. Perhaps you need to run off and rethink this?

 

 

yes

no one has seen earth curvature

 

8 minutes ago, Bombadil said:

People like Galileo for example proved this in the renaissance, Ancient Egyptians proved it, Ancient Greeks proved it.

please post the proofs

 

9 minutes ago, Bombadil said:

I can take my telescope to my garage roof and point at town about 10 miles away. I can clearly see curvature.

i am not calling you a liar, but this is a tribute to the power of the brainwashing

 

please take a photo through your telescope and i will prove this to you

 

10 minutes ago, Bombadil said:

My 7 year old understands this.

my advice here is to stop brainwashing your children

 

10 minutes ago, Bombadil said:

I have a friend who is convinced of flat earth despite all the proof against. Love her dearly but glad she’s terrified of cv so haven’t seen her since end of March.

again i am not calling you a liar but most who understand flat earth know that coronavirus is as fake as space

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am and have always been capable of free thinking thank you. I dont brainwash my children and I’d rather you leave them out of your opinions. Plus she made the observation by herself. Plus your not calling me a liar , I’m just brainwashed. 
you only put up consistently proven wrong info. Think you should start a comedy routine. Saying this in jest don’t agree with personal insults. 
obviously I cannot show you any proofs of old evidence because you will just dismiss them out of hand. You won’t except any earthly proof from anyone or anything. Just realised I’ve got involved in fe rubbish. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Grumpy Owl changed the title to The Flat Earth Thread: The reality of our physical plane (v2)
  • Grumpy Owl locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Grumpy Owl unlocked this topic
  • Grumpy Owl locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...