Jump to content

The Flat Earth Thread: The reality of our physical plane (v2)


bflat
 Share

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Well duh. Not only that but the Moon has zero sunshine on it and there is atmospheric scattering. A day before the new Moon one photographer managed to capture the barest sliver of the crescent Moon - I shan't post it - your stock defence is to claim some sort of bollocks about everything being fake.

 

atmospheric scattering of the moon or the earth?? the sun is the same sun as usual aint it and the moon is the same moon as the previous day and the next day??

 

you dont accept that the moon pre and post eclipse that day should at the very least have a corona and/or appear as a dark disc ????

 

the suggestion that during a couple of degree movement in the sky the moon suddenly becomes pitch black as it crosses the rim of the sun but prior to that and after that shows absolutely no shade fade to pitch black

 

during the day of the eclipse where are pictures of the moon? its impossible that across the entire sky during approach or departure there is no picture or observation of the moon

 

unless the moon is at a different height to the sun and/or its not the moon causing the eclipse and/or the moon and sun are refracted images

 

 

 

Edited by zArk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, zArk said:

And it doesnt work out It cant beat the spin of the earth as per sphere theory. 143degrees in 5hrs ....lol

 

 

That is NOT what the Moon is doing. It is exactly the same as the diagram I used before The Moon is to all intents and purposes carving out a 5hr straight line at the quoted speed.

 

It's shadow falls on The Earth again in a straight line, something like this:

 

moon.png

 

Now the total length of the arc is 143 degrees. That is 15,918 km. The Moon carves out a path equating to the blue line - that is a chord on a circle and equates to 12,083km.

 

 

20 hours ago, zArk said:

And then once the moon travels distance in 3 hrs its not in alignment with sun ---earth so it cant cause an eclipse for the other hours

 

Show me YOUR maths!

 

20 hours ago, zArk said:

Opppps another failure of the model

Talk about shooting itself in the foot

 

 

Failure of the flat earth "analysts"!

 

Edited by Carlos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, zArk said:

atmospheric scattering of the moon or the earth?? the sun is the same sun as usual aint it and the moon is the same moon as the previous day and the next day??

 

 

Atmospheric scattering BY the Sun on the Earth. Dude!

 

They are both only on eclipse day the Sun is no longer shining on the Moon.

 

5 minutes ago, zArk said:

you dont accept that the moon pre and post eclipse that day should at the very least have a corona and/or appear as a dark disc ????

 

One of the dumbest statements you have made and there has been fierce competition. Why would the Moon have a bloody corona!? Why would you see a black disk in daylight!?

 

5 minutes ago, zArk said:

the suggestion that during a couple of degree movement in the sky the moon suddenly becomes pitch black as it crosses the rim of the sun but prior to that and after that shows absolutely no shade fade to pitch black

 

Gibberish. The Moon is subject only to light reflected from the Earth. The Moon suddenly doesn't become anything. It looks black because it is contrasted against light from the Solar corona. The camera is able to use layering and increased light capture to show the Moon with earthshine.

 

5 minutes ago, zArk said:

during the day of the eclipse where are pictures of the moon? its impossible that across the entire sky during approach or departure there is no picture or observation of the moon

 

Are you deliberately playing the goat here? You cannot see the new moon during daylight. Earth shine is insufficient to illuminate it through the atmospheric scattering!!

It's impossible to get through to somebody who has such poor understanding.

 

5 minutes ago, zArk said:

unless the moon is at a different height to the sun and/or its not the moon causing the eclipse and/or the moon and sun are refracted images

 

It's too faint to be seen. Just like the stars!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Carlos said:

 

 

moon.png

 

Now the total length of the arc is 143 degrees. That is 15,918 km. The Moon carves out a path equating to the blue line - that is a chord on a circle and equates to 12,083km.

 

Show me YOUR maths!

 

Failure of the flat earth "analysts"!

 

your theory

 

the earth is spinning to the right ------> at 15 degrees an hour

the moon is spinning to the right at 0.5 degrees an hour

 

thats 14 degrees behind per hour

 

look at your diagram the end point has gone from the 4 oclock position to the 1 oclock position --- the moon is only 2.5 degrees differnt, the earth is 75 degrees different

 

 

🤪

and then we think about the position of the moon on its orbital path

moonoutside.jpg.edd8fc79b751db25c8d82d4e7b4972f4.jpg

 

get an orange, get a grape and get an apple and move them representing each hour.

 

oh wait someone did it better

 

demonstratingmoonsuneclipse.jpg.48a90c107f1b4f60016e38005a0bccd4.jpg

 

devastating  for the helio / globe  model

Edited by zArk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, zArk said:

the earth is spinning to the right ------> at 15 degrees an hour

the moon is spinning to the right at 0.5 degrees an hour

 

thats 14 degrees behind per hour

 

Gibberish and not even accurate how do 15 and 1/2 produce 14? 

 

All that anyone with intelligence needs is to know:

 

1. The speed of the Moon.

2. How this relates to various points on a globe as described on my roundabout diagram.

3. How far the Moon moves ACROSS the path of the disc in a given time.

4. How fast the Earth rotates at the given latitude and how this relates again to my roundabout analogy.

 

All that and you have the model for computing speeds at latitude. Or you could pluck some youtube gibberish out of your bottom and put that up instead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Carlos said:

 

Gibberish and not even accurate how do 15 and 1/2 produce 14? 

 

All that anyone with intelligence needs is to know:

 

1. The speed of the Moon.

2. How this relates to various points on a globe as described on my roundabout diagram.

3. How far the Moon moves ACROSS the path of the disc in a given time.

4. How fast the Earth rotates at the given latitude and how this relates again to my roundabout analogy.

 

All that and you have the model for computing speeds at latitude. Or you could pluck some youtube gibberish out of your bottom and put that up instead.

 

keep banging your head against the wall.

 

theres nothing more for me to say or show regarding the solar eclipse.

 

thanks for your time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, zArk said:

 

look at your diagram the end point has gone from the 4 oclock position to the 1 oclock position --- the moon is only 2.5 degrees differnt, the earth is 75 degrees different

 

 

 

Irrelevant. My diagram is just a basic illustration anyway but shows the same principle involved as per the speed variances.

Edited by Carlos
typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, zArk said:

 

keep banging your head against the wall.

 

theres nothing more for me to say or show regarding the solar eclipse.

 

thanks for your time

 

Run along then. Thanks for ignoring the majority of virtually every post I made.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Carlos said:

Run along then. Thanks for ignoring the majority of virtually every post I made.

 

i responded to your posts and you replied to all of them with derision and mean words

i am not upset and feel that the issue has been exhausted and concluded demonstrably that the sphere model disproves itself with the solar eclipse

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, zArk said:

i responded to your posts and you replied to all of them with derision and mean words

i am not upset and feel that the issue has been exhausted and concluded demonstrably that the sphere model disproves itself with the solar eclipse

 

NOT true on both accounts. A little derision perhaps, but caused by you and the other 2 ignoring long carefully written posts and responding with diversionary gobbleydegook. Mean words? Hells bells what are you a teddy bear? There was nothing more than gentle piss taking banter.

 

This minor subject hasn't been "exhausted" - you just don't understand the dynamics involved and are listening to youtubers. For starters you are definitely playing some weird game by suggesting it isn't the Moon causing the eclipse!

 

What causes a lunar eclipse? In your own time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@zArk Here is a good animation showing the way it produces the shadow - done to scale so watch in full screen.

 

https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/vis/a000000/a004300/a004324/eclipse_oblique_360p30.mp4

 

and another showing the angle of totality getting more and more elongated:

 

https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/vis/a000000/a004500/a004579/eclipse_flyaround_360p30.mp4

 

The moon, moving as it should, the Earth rotating as it should, the shadow as reported and as it should. You were wrong and your youtuber failed to incorporate the items I mentioned about the speed on a rotating circle being relative to the observer.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Red pill taken said:

Sometimes the moon is visible during the day.

 

Sure, but not when it is new. The best I could find was even less than this but needed numerous techniques:

 

http://www.astrophoto.fr/new_moon_2010april14.html#:~:text=Thierry Legault - World record %3A the,New Moon - April 14 2010&text=This is the first image,this instant being exactly zero

 

"From the shooting site (Montfaucon, France, 44°41'52"N, 1°34'30"E, altitude 300m), the angular separation between the Moon and the Sun was only 4.55° (nine solar diameters). At this very small separation, the crescent is extremely thin (a few arc seconds at maximum) and, above all, it is drowned in the solar glare, the blue sky being about 400 times brighter than the crescent itself in infrared (and probably more than 1000 times in visible light). This explains that it has never been observed visually or even photographed until now. In order to reduce the glare, the images have been taken in close infrared and a pierced screen, placed just in front of the telescope, prevents the sunlight from entering directly in the telescope."

 

nm_100414.jpg

 

Moon-1-day-crescent-May-2010.jpg

Edited by Carlos
added link
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, alexa said:

 

No sorry Grumpy Owl it doesn't, I'll leave this for all these so called Scientists.

But the good news is .......... it does so in 'The Book of Enoch' If you can get your head around it.

 

https://www.ccel.org/c/charles/otpseudepig/enoch/ENOCH_3.HTM

 

I have read through that. It does seem to offer an explanation for the movement of the sun and moon across the sky, but it looks to me like a mistranslation of a misinterpretation of some original text/pictagrams. I don't think the use of the word 'portal' is what you believe it to be, but one would have to go back to the original texts to work out what this means.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

 

I have read through that. It does seem to offer an explanation for the movement of the sun and moon across the sky, but it looks to me like a mistranslation of a misinterpretation of some original text/pictagrams. I don't think the use of the word 'portal' is what you believe it to be, but one would have to go back to the original texts to work out what this means.

 

I know what you mean, it's pretty heavy stuff to follow........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/27/2020 at 2:13 PM, Carlos said:

@zArk Here is a good animation showing the way it produces the shadow - done to scale so watch in full screen.

 

https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/vis/a000000/a004300/a004324/eclipse_oblique_360p30.mp4

 

and another showing the angle of totality getting more and more elongated:

 

https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/vis/a000000/a004500/a004579/eclipse_flyaround_360p30.mp4

 

The moon, moving as it should, the Earth rotating as it should, the shadow as reported and as it should. You were wrong and your youtuber failed to incorporate the items I mentioned about the speed on a rotating circle being relative to the observer.

 

and the earth isnt spinning in those animations  !

 

at least get it together for the big event like a solar eclipse

at least the videos i showed had demonstrative models displaying how the shadow of the moon would be outside the earth after a couple of hours

demonstratingmoonsuneclipse.jpg.48a90c107f1b4f60016e38005a0bccd4.jpg

moonoutside.jpg.edd8fc79b751db25c8d82d4e7b4972f4.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, zArk said:

and the earth isnt spinning in those animations  !

 

You blind? It is clearly spinning in both. Here's another:

 

https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/vis/a000000/a004500/a004579/eclipse_flyaround_360p30.mp4

 

3 hours ago, zArk said:

at least get it together for the big event like a solar eclipse

 

 

It is together. The problem is you and the flatties not reality.

 

3 hours ago, zArk said:

at least the videos i showed had demonstrative models displaying how the shadow of the moon would be outside the earth after a couple of hours

 

The "model" you show is riddled with errors. I have pointed some out to you and you have ignored them.

 

Serious question, please answer: What is the total time the Moon shadow was on the Earth from West to East, hours and minutes? Your source for this please.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@zArk I told you quite specifically that your video had numerous errors in it. But the one you keep harping on about concerns the duration being 5hrs. Now why did you not double check this? I just did and your source is completely wrong!

 

2017_eclipse_globe.jpg

 

TSE2017_stereographic.jpg

 

The shadow arrived on the surface at 16.48 UT and left at 20.02 UT - duration 3hrs 14 minutes.

 

To clarify, your video maker has made the colossal blunder of taking the first viewing time of the partial eclipse at the most Northern latitude and the last viewing time of the partial eclipse on the most Southern latitude!

 

Quite clearly next to each point it shows the start and end of the shadow duration! See "Start of total eclipse" at point 1 and "End of total eclipse" at point 2.

 

start.jpg%C2%A0

 

 

To put that into perspective - it is like taking the sunrise in England and the Sunset in Thailand and concluding that the daylight figures don't add up! Clearly the duration of the shadow cast on the Earth is well within limits of the motions involved.

 

Now what? Are you going to ignore this or acknowledge you were wrong?

Edited by Carlos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everyone here is wrong

When we can perceive less then .00001 of the spectrum of light..collectively we all know nothing so need to stop pushing our egoic agendas on each other. It is self limiting only and alienates discourse. The earth is what it is and we use this plane to develop consciousness..if we choose to

Save the causation for higher dimension reality..which in that dimension, "one" doesnt need to prove anything to "another". Knowing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, OFgreatKNOWledge said:

Everyone here is wrong 

When we can perceive less then .00001 of the spectrum of light

 

And your first statement is completely wrong anyway - we can SEE 100% of the visible spectrum of light - hence its name! But even so, we can certainly detect/perceive everything else on the rest of the spectrum - the part you are probably referring to. This discussion concerns things within the visible spectrum. 

 

As for your argument you could apply that to every single exchange on this forum and it would still be wrong. Don't worry about starving children, just develop your consciousness save the causation for mystical beings in other realities.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Grumpy Owl changed the title to The Flat Earth Thread: The reality of our physical plane (v2)
  • Grumpy Owl locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Grumpy Owl unlocked this topic
  • Grumpy Owl locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...