The Flat Earth Thread: The reality of our physical plane (v2)

38 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Oh dear, perhaps you need to reread what I said. It is simply impossible to view Polaris more than 1 degree below the equator on a globe model. Earth axis and seasons are irrelevant.

Yes you notice I put that up and then edited it ,I just wanted to see your reaction

You see I get a bit suspicious when new posters bring up stuff that has already been dealt with at the beginning of the thread

Edited by peter
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The “Nature of Reality” forum was recently hosting a thread where heated discussion was taking place regarding our plane, “a flat, nonrotating Earth” as nasa themselves reference multiple times in mul

I dont think that flat earth is a thing. But either way - why does the shape of the world matter? If its a flat sphere or a globe - there is no difference for us in our daily lifes, is it?

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, peter said:

Yes you notice I put that up and then edited it ,I just wanted to see your reaction

Oh you sneaky sneak

Gotta keep my eye on your tricks

images (3).jpeg

25 minutes ago, peter said:

Yes you can call me CC from now on ,first word being cagey

dont tell us , just say

"no clues, just guess"

"i've already explained that!"

"you've made an error but i .... cant .... tell ..... you ..... where"

1 hour ago, peter said:

With the procession of the equinoxes the stars move 1 deg every 72 years ,it is caused by the gravitational effects of the sun and the moon, so without correct equipment how are you going to tell if it has moved or not in relation to the earth , and I emphasize relation to the earth ,because it's the earth that is moving and not the stars, you would need 3 life times to notice it if you were lucky . Therefore you assertion that if you can't Polaris from 1% south of the equator means absolutely    nothing,and is another furphy to confuse the issue. However I do agree with you  there is no need for golf balls ,but I think sunsets and ellipses are rather relevant ,don't you 

Currently Polaris is at a declination of a bit over 89 degrees, which means that no one south of 1 degree south latitude can see Polaris. That's almost all of the Southern hemisphere, let alone the South Pole

https://astronomy.stackexchange.com/questions/16427/can-you-still-see-polaris-even-if-you-are-in-the-south-pole

As for already been dealt with my apologies but if Polaris is visible as claimed then this is definitive proof the earth is not a globe.

11 minutes ago, zArk said:

dont tell us , just say

"no clues, just guess"

"i've already explained that!"

"you've made an error but i .... cant .... tell ..... you ..... where"

You Missed it again,what can I say

15 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Currently Polaris is at a declination of a bit over 89 degrees, which means that no one south of 1 degree south latitude can see Polaris. That's almost all of the Southern hemisphere, let alone the South Pole

https://astronomy.stackexchange.com/questions/16427/can-you-still-see-polaris-even-if-you-are-in-the-south-pole

As for already been dealt with my apologies but if Polaris is visible as claimed then this is definitive proof the earth is not a globe.

I agree with you, sorry my apologies as I miss read your original post

Edited by peter
8 hours ago, alexa said:

So what are FE's supposed to do then, disregard the truth, let NASA carry on with all their so called lies & money grabs, let them & Hollywood keep on indoctrinating our kid's heads with more of their lies ?  You know it's the truth when the PTB try their hardest to shut you up but most of all you know its the truth by the water levels (Sea Level)

They are supposed to look at proper evidence. Why have you ignored my posts? It isn't a NASA thing! The entire cosmology community are being labelled as stupid by very ignorant claims of flat earthers. These are people who are ridiculously smart.

What are you talking about regarding water levels? The visible surface of water maximum is always going to look flat, it's simply too small on the eye to detect a curve. In fact the human eye probably won't detect curvature until several miles up, nor should it. Now address the presented material, it should be easy for you.

1. How is the sun the exact same size all over the globe regardless of its distance to the observer? 

2. How can it always travel 15 degrees of arc in 1hr wherever it is viewed from?

3. How can it possibly set?

It is categorically impossible for anything above the eyeline to drop below it. Just the observation of the Sun proves everything. All this nonsense about things visible farther than they should is simply explained from refraction close to the horizon. Items concerning lasers are almost certainly where the laser skips off the surface of the sea. If you confine your searches and 'evidence' to sources that agree with you, you will forever stay in this crazy group who deny reality.

Explain This -

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Who claimed this nonsense? It is possible to see it a half degree into the Southern hemisphere facing north on the edge of the horizon through refraction, but other than that, anyone who says it can be viewed in Thailand for example is making a false claim.

Edited by Carlos
typo
15 minutes ago, Carlos said:

They are supposed to look at proper evidence. Why have you ignored my posts? It isn't a NASA thing! The entire cosmology community are being labelled as stupid by very ignorant claims of flat earthers. These are people who are ridiculously smart.

What are you talking about regarding water levels? The visible surface of water maximum is always going to look flat, it's simply too small on the eye to detect a curve. In fact the human eye probably won't detect curvature until several miles up, nor should it. Now address the presented material, it should be easy for you.

1. How is the sun the exact same size all over the globe regardless of its distance to the observer? 

2. How can it always travel 15 degrees of arc in 1hr wherever it is viewed from?

3. How can it possibly set?

It is categorically impossible for anything above the eyeline to drop below it. Just the observation of the Sun proves everything. All this nonsense about things visible farther than they should is simply explained from refraction close to the horizon. Items concerning lasers are almost certainly where the laser skips off the surface of the sea. If you confine your searches and 'evidence' to sources that agree with you, you will forever stay in this crazy group who deny reality.

Explain This -

That video is ridiculous! At 50 seconds a boat crosses in front of the target boat and a second or two later the boat just appears to drop a foot or two. That is impossible on any model that I have ever seen!

What follows are just three of six million videos that actually require explanation. I mean honestly now, how many multiples of miles past where the geometric horizon needs to be do we need to go before people open their eyes to see what has been right in front of them for their entire lives?

Good luck with that!

10 minutes ago, Carlos said:

It is possible to see it a half degree into the Southern hemisphere facing north on the edge of the horizon through refraction...

Prove that please.

11 minutes ago, Carlos said:

but other than that, anyone who says it can be viewed in Thailand for example is making a false claim.

Several observations even below 20 degrees south have been recorded multiple times by navigators and some of these observations have been documented by the Royal Astronomical Society. The Zetetics were frequently in contact with the RAS and if you really want to search online, these discussions can be found in their literature and notations.

Also, be aware that it is known that Ursa Major (near Polaris) can be seen from 90 degrees North to 30 degrees South.

24 minutes ago, bflat said:

Prove that please.

It is inherent to that which you deny, the 1/2 degree refraction at the horizon causing the sun to be visible for that distance after it has set. I cannot prove anything to those who are so locked in to their crazy world view. I certainly hope you are not able to sway any more easily led people.

http://piecubed.co.uk/atmospheric-refraction/

"In fact, at the horizon, light is bent about 0.5 degrees, which also happens to be very slightly more than the size of the sun in the sky. So, when you see the sun just ‘touching’ the horizon, it is actually already completely below it."

One of numerous sites that you can only deny.

Several observations even below 20 degrees south have been recorded multiple times by navigators and some of these observations have been documented by the Royal Astronomical Society. The Zetetics were frequently in contact with the RAS and if you really want to search online, these discussions can be found in their literature and notations.

This forum has a really poor quotation facility. Anyway - prove that. Prove it with more than hearsay. 

Also, be aware that it is known that Ursa Major (near Polaris) can be seen from 90 degrees North to 30 degrees South.

Ursa Major is not that "near Polaris". It extends southwards for around 3-4 degrees and has a declination of just under 70 degrees. It is visible in entirety up to 25 degrees south then it starts dropping stars from the top part. 

Explain that on your flat Earth?

Kindly explain also why you are basically avoiding all the major points I have raised?

8 minutes ago, Carlos said:

It is inherent to that which you deny, the 1/2 degree refraction at the horizon causing the sun to be visible for that distance after it has set. I cannot prove anything to those who are so locked in to their crazy world view. I certainly hope you are not able to sway any more easily led people.

It is an unproven claim to get past the observations that destroy their model.

51 minutes ago, bflat said:

Yes I have heard you say this before. However this is not proof. I expected something more tangible than this. Real evidence to support your claims. 

51 minutes ago, bflat said:

That video is ridiculous! At 50 seconds a boat crosses in front of the target boat and a second or two later the boat just appears to drop a foot or two. That is impossible on any model that I have ever seen!

Nicely dodged. There is nothing all ridiculous about it. The boat is travelling away from the observer and drops over the horizon bottom first. You have no answer to this except blanket denial and you continue to avoid presented evidence - all flat earthers do this.

He simply moved the camera periodically, keeping it rolling. The objective, to keep the boat continuously in view. That is not a boat moving in front of it. There is little change to the boats distance afterwards, but clearly the camera has a slightly altered HIGHER elevation(sea level is lower in the image).

Animation12116e69b6ab7a658.gif

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Yes I have heard you say this before. However this is not proof. I expected something more tangible than this. Real evidence to support your claims. 

Sure, no problem and I am not claiming proof, nor do I have time to research the RAS from the middle of the 1800s.

As our technology continues to improve, however, the things we will continue to see will leave the globe believers as a gigantic minority.

It's the horizon that doesn't lie. It is the fact that water does not bend around anything, let alone a spinning, whirling, wobbling ball. The laser experiments do not lie. Freemasons do.

6 minutes ago, bflat said:

It is an unproven claim to get past the observations that destroy their model.

You can only deny. It is proven beyond any doubt that we live on a rotating globe. Your distraction videos gloss over all the major issues that you are avoiding.

Refraction through denser mediums is a known and provable fact. Even on a flat earth model there is massively more air for the light to travel through.

https://nationalweathermuseum.com/astronomical-refraction/#:~:text=When a celestial body is,is higher in the sky.

"When a celestial body is low on the horizon, the light from it has to travel through the Earth’s atmosphere, which causes it to be refracted or bent. Because of the low position in the sky, the light must pass through much more of the Earth’s atmosphere than when the object is higher in the sky."

3 minutes ago, bflat said:

Sure, no problem and I am not claiming proof, nor do I have time to research the RAS from the middle of the 1800s.

As our technology continues to improve, however, the things we will continue to see will leave the globe believers as a gigantic minority.

It's the horizon that doesn't lie. It is the fact that water does not bend around anything, let alone a spinning, whirling, wobbling ball. The laser experiments do not lie. Freemasons do.

Your continued evasion is very telling and any casual readers of this thread will be able to see this. There is no gathering consensus of flat earth believers.

Water doesn't need to bend around the planet. The curve is so very gentle and provable gravity pulls it towards the centre of mass. Laser experiments DO lie, at least to those who do not consider the far simpler explanation. Two things are in play regarding refraction at the equator - the air density and heat gradient. It's why the Sun distorts so much when it is setting.

200px-Sunset_sequence07-23-06.jpg

Besides:

https://www.newsweek.com/behind-curve-netflix-ending-light-experiment-mark-sargent-documentary-movie-1343362

Head shaking stuff - and that's from one of your leaders!

30 minutes ago, Lady Baynham said:

read the comments on you tube to this one 2 folks

Yeah thanks Lady Baynham here they are....... LOL'z🤣

Simon J.
Dang curve still getting in the way of obvious flat earth. The ship was sinking, nice trolling cameraman, you should have called the coast guard and saved the captain and crew, but no, you had to go and prove your point, it is on your conscience now, hope you are happy. 😊

dazzathecameraman

Farmersboy
It really is a sad state of affairs when you have to make demonstrations like this to supposedly rational adults about how magnification works.

TheYobbo71
I really hope everyone got off that sinking ship safely.

ANDMA
Wonderfully demonstrated. "Zooming brings ships back into view" destroyed!

I will say this...

Evan science now recognises that this reality is waveform. So the shape of the earth and universe itself is entirely changeable. I believe that the universe expands on observation. Therefore we could yet find ourselves on a flat earth when the game is over and the matrix comes down. 

For or now the heliocentric model seems to be in place.

@Carlos nice video showing lens effect at apparent horizon visually lifting the sea level and boat leaving the boats further away to appear sunken behind a len effect crest of sea

Edited by zArk
4 hours ago, Carlos said:

Kindly explain also why you are basically avoiding all the major points I have raised?

Because that is exactly what Bflat has done all through this thread, it's his Modus operandi so to speak

He can make any claim he likes but we have to prove everything

Edited by peter
  • Grumpy Owl changed the title to The Flat Earth Thread: The reality of our physical plane (v2)
  • Grumpy Owl locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Grumpy Owl unlocked this topic
  • Grumpy Owl locked this topic