The Flat Earth Thread: The reality of our physical plane (v2)

bflat

30 minutes ago, Comedy Time said:

There isn't a problem with curvature. There is a thing called refraction and it explains things perfectly. 

maxresdefault.jpg

It's no good posting a picture, that ship could be sinking 🙂 , seriously it wasn't an invitation.

The curvature calculation is set. It can be measured on land which is my intention. We have a thing called sea-level to work from, triangulation points, landmarks and GPS - all verifiable. I was just saying that I will look for myself thank you.

As for water curving I've yet to see any experiment. The video of 'space' playing with water is uncannily what you would see in a zero G plane and a suspiciously short clip (nominal 0G duration in a plane 30 - 40 seconds), let's see one that runs for a minute or more please.

What laboratory experiments can be carried out to prove the curvature of water?

Oh, and just in case some of this is already 'settled', I don't read all the intervening posts all the time.

(SEE! I mentioned the short clip, only to find the apollo one appear too! - It is MUCH longer, I will have to thunk).

Edited by Nobby Noboddy

Just now, Basket Case said:

On topic.
Your point ?

Claiming water can curve in the way you claimed has nothing to do with large bodies of water curving around a ball or sticking to the outside of any container.

And it certainly does not explain why I can shoot a laser across a lake.

Now we are on topic.

7 minutes ago, amy G said:

OK, well why would you post that on this thread? What does that possibly have to do with this topic? How is that not the pure obfuscation that I have been pointing out?

After you admit, finally, that none of us have any idea of what the actual distances are between any two distant points on earth.

Miss Flatulence.
If a plane travelling at a certain speed arrives at its destination on time as predicted..we clearly have proved its distance.

Whilst it makes no LOGICAL sense atall according to your flatardic warped stuck record..

Address that.

Then Address GPS & Satellites.

For the third time I ask you this basic, you surely must of thought about before you decided to go full flat & have a LOGICAL explanation..apart from shouting Masons.

4 minutes ago, Nobby Noboddy said:

As for water curving I've yet to see any experiment. The video of 'space' playing with water is uncannily what you would see in a zero G plane and a suspiciously short clip (nominal 0G duration in a plane 30 - 40 seconds), let's see one that runs for a minute or more please.

Agree with this.

7 minutes ago, amy G said:

Claiming water can curve in the way you claimed has nothing to do with large bodies of water curving around a ball or sticking to the outside of any container.

Now we are on topic.

More regurgitation, where is a sick bag when you need one

2 minutes ago, oddsnsods said:

Miss Flatulence.
If a plane travelling at a certain speed arrives at its destination on time as predicted..we clearly have proved its distance.

Whilst it makes no LOGICAL sense atall according to your flatardic warped stuck record..

Address that.

Then Address GPS & Satellites.

For the third time I ask you this basic, you surely must of thought about before you decided to go full flat & have a LOGICAL explanation..apart from shouting Masons.

I know you are still no logician. You cannot see this. After your admission I might continue with you. Please be sure to ask the mods to remove your intentionally dishonest memes as well.

1 minute ago, Basket Case said:

You sure are funny....   😂 😂 😂 

How am I funny?

Were you not complaining how this goes in circles? Why contribute to that? Why can you not simply acknowledge that you were playing around and you realize now that the video you posted had nothing to with large bodies of water curving around a ball or sticking to the outside of any container?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nobby Noboddy said:

It's no good posting a picture, that ship could be sinking 🙂 , seriously it wasn't an invitation.

Don't be absurd dude. It's over the horizon!

The curvature calculation is set. It can be measured on land which is my intention. We have a thing called sea-level to work from, triangulation points, landmarks and GPS - all verifiable. I was just saying that I will look for myself thank you.

Oh no it isn't!

https://aty.sdsu.edu/mirages/mirsims/loom/loom.html

As for water curving I've yet to see any experiment.

Water doesn't "curve" on the ocean. It is so close to flat because the planet is absolutely massive. Gravity curves it so gently it is barely noticeable, unless of course the sun is setting and a ship is disappearing over the horizon!

The video of 'space' playing with water is uncannily what you would see in a zero G plane and a suspiciously short clip (nominal 0G duration in a plane 30 - 40 seconds), let's see one that runs for a minute or more please.

An airplane has an absolute maximum limit of 25 seconds. 

Oh, and just in case some of this is already 'settled', I don't read all the intervening posts all the time.

Run along and do so...you might actually learn something. Don't read the flat earth crap though, you'll get sucked down into the pit of no hope!

24 minutes ago, amy G said:

Pathetic evasion again. The laser is subject to refraction. I answered this pages and pages ago....you ignored it as you always do. Puck puck puckargggghhhh.

The laser in theory can be skipping over the sea but this is 100% light refraction. I want you to go to your video at 4.12 and look at how this dead straight laser can easily be bent through simple temperature gradients and density variations in the sky. If you like I can give you some great mathematics pages that show the looming effects that this is.

https://youtu.be/PI8kdz79yyw

I would add that we have no independent corroboration the heights are as they say - and I really don't trust these people at all. They cannot possibly believe the Earth is flat, it's a big cash cow for them.

16 minutes ago, oddsnsods said:

How I know its Bflat.

Usually just spams logical fallacy at everyone...got away with it for months on here, I was even told by an admin to give you a safe space.

What has anyone that still believes in the globe brought to this thread that did not involve unproven assumptions, serving as the basis of what is presented with the certainty of scientific fact and logical fallacies?

I will answer any questions that do not involve the above, but one at a time until that topic is done. Like how you finally understand that distances on earth between any two points are unknown to all of us.

Just now, shabbirss said:

@oddsnsods thanks for the heads up on bonacci....it's quite interesting the connections he makes tho!

Yea he knows all his hermetic stuff & used to be true.

He used to talk alot of about Giordano Bruno who was burnt at the stake for promoting true science, the heliocentric model.

Distant galaxies & an infinite Universe.🤦‍♂️

5 minutes ago, amy G said:

What has anyone that still believes in the globe brought to this thread that did not involve unproven assumptions, serving as the basis of what is presented with the certainty of scientific fact and logical fallacies?

I will answer any questions that do not involve the above, but one at a time until that topic is done. Like how you finally understand that distances on earth between any two points are unknown to all of us.

4geczc.jpg

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, oddsnsods said:
30 minutes ago, shabbirss said:

@oddsnsods thanks for the heads up on bonacci....it's quite interesting the connections he makes tho!

Yea he knows all his hermetic stuff & used to be true.

He used to talk alot of about Giordano Bruno who was burnt at the stake for promoting true science, the heliocentric model.

Distant galaxies & an infinite Universe.

And now he's a Flat Earther 😄

6 hours ago, amy G said:

Great, so someone asks you a question and you don't have to answer because with your mind set everyone is wrong apart you, or as you put it, logical fallacies and therefore the question need not be answered .

Here is a question would it be preferential to have  logical fallacies, than the totally illogical ones your trying to peddle. 

And as far as distances go ,never heard of trigonometry or a ruler for that matter

In the first line in your quote delete globe and insert FE

Edited by peter

1 hour ago, peter said:

Great, so someone asks you a question and you don't have to answer because with your mind set everyone is wrong apart you, or as you put it, logical fallacies and therefore the question need not be answered .

NO again, you are pretending I have said something and then arguing with yourself over that false idea.

Logical fallacies are well know since ancient Greece and probably earlier as they fit with common sense. It is unreasonable, regardless of the topic or personal bias to assume something, base your entire argument off of thaty assumption, and then claim you have proved anything at all. It is a logical fallacy to trust known liars. It is a logical fallacy to take something hypothetical and treat it as real.

Am I off here or is this as obvious to you as it is to me?

1 hour ago, peter said:

And as far as distances go ,never heard of trigonometry or a ruler...

Yes, please use them to show you know the distance between any two distant points on Earth without engaging in pure fallacy and I will easily concede here.

29 minutes ago, amy G said:

Yes, please use them to show you know the distance between any two distant points on Earth without engaging in pure fallacy and I will easily concede here.

Then provide a map of Flatovia. The exact map. Provide an estimate or ballpark figure of where you think the Sun is.

You are a gigantic phoney and from where I'm sitting your evasion HAS to be some sort of hidden agenda. You have failed at every juncture to respond to any single point and you had the audacity to claim you are a mathematician! Let me list some stunning unanswered points and a couple of new ones!

• The Sun sets without any size change and that is impossible in itself. The vanishing point is named thus!
  • The Sun's motion through the sky is the same at every angle, location and time. It NEVER varies - 15 degrees of angular distance per hour.
  • On any map of the flat earth, the two tropic circles HAVE to be different circumferences - the Sun HAS to increase speed for the larger one!!
  • There has been not one iota of scientific measurement that corresponds to a flat earth, including sudden speed changes from the Sun.
  • The Moon is inverted in the Southern Hemisphere. 
  • At a range of distances starting with the unfeasible Everest height for the Sun - the horizon is a ridiculous distance away - I use trigonometry - go learn some.
  • ANYONE can take an image through a quality telescope of Mars/Jupiter etc. and see them rotating.
  • ANYONE can take an image through a filter and see the Sun rotating.
  • Lunar eclipses where the Earth moves across the Sun's path to the Moon.
  • There are so many problems with long haul flight distances it is ridiculous.
  • Australia on Flatovia is 5,000 miles across!!
  • Star fields rotate in opposite directions by hemisphere.
  • Gravity  - offer a counter explanation.
  • Explain the tides.
  • Explain how the Sun is able to illuminate half a bloody disc.
  • Explain how the Sun and Moon actually drop below eye level when they are always above it.

That's enough for now. It's a shame that evasion isn't a rule breach because you do nothing but. I believe you are doing it deliberately because you KNOW your nonsense cannot be true, ergo ulterior motive. You will not answer any of that. Not one thing and you will probably ignore the whole post.

Flat Earth belief is THE dumbest one of all. Fence sitters look at the above list and just know this, I can make it pages long and every single point by flat earthers is debunked and also ignored.

Edited by Comedy Time

37 minutes ago, amy G said:

Logical fallacies are well know since ancient Greece and probably earlier as they fit with common sense. It is unreasonable, regardless of the topic or personal bias to assume something, base your entire argument off of thaty assumption, and then claim you have proved anything at all. It is a logical fallacy to trust known liars. It is a logical fallacy to take something hypothetical and treat it as real.

Its a logical fallacy to take something hypothetical and treat it as real. So what makes your hypothetical arguments  real to you and not  logical fallacies to everyone else

I see you never posted my other question

2 hours ago, peter said:

Here is a question would it be preferential to have  logical fallacies, than the totally illogical ones your trying to peddle. 

37 minutes ago, amy G said:

No mate because if I go to the trouble it will be disregarded or branded as a Freemason conspiracy, a toad doesn't change it's warts.

Your the math whiz why don't you go to the trouble of putting up the evidence to show that it's impossible, your the one making the assertion 

Edited by peter

5 minutes ago, Comedy Time said:

The Sun sets without any size change and that is impossible in itself. The vanishing point is named thus!

Wrong and I showed this to you, you admitted defeat, but still continue.

5 minutes ago, Comedy Time said:

The Sun's motion through the sky is the same at every angle, location and time. It NEVER varies - 15 degrees of angular distance per hour.

Yes, the Sun moves above our plane exactly like that.

6 minutes ago, Comedy Time said:

On any map of the flat earth, the two tropic circles HAVE to be different circumferences - the Sun HAS to increase speed for the larger one!!

Congratulations on seeing reality.

6 minutes ago, Comedy Time said:

There has been not one iota of scientific measurement that corresponds to a flat earth, including sudden speed changes from the Sun.

Every curvature and motion test ever done shows none.

7 minutes ago, Comedy Time said:

The Moon is inverted in the Southern Hemisphere. 

As it should be on our plane.

7 minutes ago, Comedy Time said:

At a range of distances starting with the unfeasible Everest height for the Sun - the horizon is a ridiculous distance away - I use trigonometry - go learn some.

You do not know how to use trigonometry and you peoved this yourself prior.

Need I really go on or are you ready to concede these distractions and start dealing with reality?

3 minutes ago, peter said:

No mate because if I go to the trouble it will be disregarded or branded as a Freemason conspiracy, a toad doesn't change it's warts

Look, you don't know how to use trig either and even if you did, you could never show the distances you are claiming.

Prove me wrong and I'm done here. How's that for enticement?

8 minutes ago, amy G said:

Yes, the Sun moves above our plane exactly like that.

Congratulations on seeing reality.

Need I really go on or are you ready to concede these distractions and start dealing with reality?

Look, you don't know how to use trig either and even if you did, you could never show the distances you are claiming.

Mate we had to use trig in 3phase power factor equations back in the day so yes I do know how to do it  , you made the statement you show the workings to prove your assertions that it is impossible

1 minute ago, peter said:

Mate we had to use trig in 3phase power factor equations back in the day so yes I do know how to do it  , you made the statement you show the workings to prove your assertions that it is impossible

Your claim so it is your responsibility. If you can prove the distance of two distant points in our world using trigonometry and not requiring logical fallacy I will leave this board.

I promise you though, should you take me up on my offer, I will show you exactly why you are wrong. There will be no doubt.

And all I ask in return? That you take the time to explain it to comedy routine. Is that acceptable?

28 minutes ago, amy G said:

You are lying!! You referenced a bloody optical illusion! Now answer the damn point properly. No matter where or when it is always the same size. It is lunacy of the highest order to dismiss all of that because at the Horizon it looks bigger!!

Yes, the Sun moves above our plane exactly like that. Congratulations on seeing reality.

Ok, so let me get this quite straight, the Sun does move the same angular distance you admit?

It takes a colossally confused brain not to see the major problem with that - now the Sun Must be going much faster on the outer circuit and its angular velocity is different!!

moron.jpg

How about you use your "mathematical" brain because we are done right there. You just shot yourself in the foot with an Uzi!!

A lie.

EXPLAIN HOW!! 

Show me where and show me the correction. You are lying.

Dude, your answers are proven hogwash, so yes go on, but answer the damn things properly. 

Prove it. Show me where I made a mistake and correct it. You are a liar.

You have been proven wrong. You do this......

OIP.5VlsGE4rHtvwPeycSiFLPgHaHa?w=172&h=1

Edited by Comedy Time

• Grumpy Owl changed the title to The Flat Earth Thread: The reality of our physical plane (v2)
  • Grumpy Owl locked this topic