Coronavirus Mega-Thread.

numnuts

Message added by Grumpy Owl,

This topic is for all general discussion regarding the current COVID-19 pandemic. There are of course numerous other related topics for discussing specific aspects of this pandemic in more detail. And there are other parts of this forum for more 'off-topic' discussions.

19 minutes ago, skitzorat said:

Just like the WHO updating their definition of herd immunity, webster dictionary updates the definition of vaccine!

19 h  · 
I confess one of my geeky interests in life is etymology, which is basically the study of words, their origins and how they have changed through history.
I have found I learn a lot, especially history, by having this interest.
On the 8th of December last year I made a post on my personal page about the definition of the word vaccine in the Merriam Webster dictionary.
My post was not a literal suggestion, it was more to point out that the definition for vaccine no longer fits current covid 19 vaccine technology.
I have included the screenshot of the post I made at the time.
What is interesting is that on 26th of January 2021, Merriam Webster dictionary changed the definition of vaccine.
I have included the current screenshot from their page, and the page captures of the previous definition from their page.
All links are below.
The wayback machine
The definition when I made my post, the page was last updated before that date on 5th November 2020
For the year of 2012, the website has additional information, such as the origin of the word vaccine, plus the medical dictionary definition
Medical Definition of VACCINE
: matter or a preparation containing the virus of cowpox used to vaccinate a person against smallpox
: a preparation of killed microorganisms, living attenuated organisms, or living fully virulent organisms that is administered to produce or artificially increase immunity to a particular disease <chicken pox vaccine>; also : a mixture of several such vaccines <measles-mumps-rubella vaccine>
"Merriam Webster is part of Britannica Encylopodeia and the CEO is Karthik Krishnan, who is CEO of Britannica, Merriam-Webster, Britannica Knowledge Systems and Melingo."
below
"He is on the World Economic Forum Network as recognized expert in Education, Healthcare and Media. He is also a Top 100 global influencer in EdTech."
"He was involved with the Clinton Foundation and was recognized by President Clinton for his leadership in launching the Urban Enterprise Initiative."
World Economic contributor profile
An interview with Karthik Krishnan
30th October 2020
"When the Britannica opportunity came up, it provided a platform for me to channel my passion for lifelong learning and digital transformation expertise into two key knowledge challenges of the 21st century: misinformation and educational relevance. The idea of taking timeless brands including the 250+-year-old Britannica and 180+-year-old Merriam-Webster and transforming them into their 21st-century avatars for the next generation seemed a challenging and worthy endeavour."
The date the Merriam Webster dictionary online changed the definition was 26th January.
The World Economic forum had their annual meeting which was held virtually on 25th-29th January.
The theme of the meeting was the Great Reset

145821408_119990980018182_4014719937444476919_n.jpg.e469118993dfae16269f97f3e7e2c7a5.jpg146490558_119990953351518_5729817885477040399_n.jpg.044cb2718ce10af3c75577f3c8df2ebe.jpgFrom this link

1984 is happening before our eyes. 

4 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Oh and finally, yes just to add to the psychological warfare, a "Covid denier who thought pandemic was a hoax dies of virus

That one last summer, his dying words.

"I thought it was a hoax ... but it wasn't."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Illmatic said:

The truth will out, everybody will lose trust, we will win.

the problem isn't that the information isn't out there, the problem is that a large portion of the public perceive reality to be what they want it to be not what it actually is. this means that they are engaged in self-deception and the manipulators in government are the one eyed people in the land of the blind

1 minute ago, Macnamara said:

the problem isn't that the information isn't out there, the problem is that a large portion of the public perceive reality to be what they want it to be not what it actually is. this means that they are engaged in self-deception and the manipulators in government are the one eyed people in the land of the blind

Thats true to an extent, because even with being faced with indisputable facts, people's cognitive dissonance will prevail. However, I think @Illmaticis right, TPTB look desperate to me and I think they're going fuck it up at some point. 

• Like 1

More piss-poor Reach Plc journalism...

Covid denier from West Midlands who thought pandemic was hoax dies of virus

1_Gary-William-Matthews.jpg

A Covid denier from the West Midlands who refused to wear a face mask has tragically died after catching the COVID himself.

Gary Matthews, 46, from Shrewsbury, Shropshire, died a day after testing positive for COVID on January 13.

He was a regular contributor to online conspiracy forums, according to the Mirror, our sister title.

The 46-year-old believed the bug was a hoax, according to his cousin.

When did Shropshire become part of the 'West Midlands'? 🤔

So much clutching at straws here, "catching the COVID" indeed!

He is understood to have claimed he suffered from asthma before he died, though his family were unaware he had the condition.

Cousin Tristan Copeland said his relative refused to adhere to social distancing guidelines and had developed a strong distrust of the media.

"He and his friends had the mindset that they needed to go out and meet people to show they didn’t believe the government," Mr Copeland told The Guardian.

"About two or three years ago he became very concerned about the conflict in Syria from a humanitarian point of view.

"I think he read a few stories which led him to distrust the media. Eventually that led him to some climate change denial groups which he started posting on."

It comes amid new reports a staggering 1 in 5 people in the West Midlands have had Covid, according to the ONS.

However, Mr Copeland remembers Mr Matthews as a kind and talented man who loved painting portraits, with his death "heartbreaking" for the family who were "all very close".

He believes his cousin was "led astray" by conspiracy groups online in the months before his death.

I believe this may well be a fake story. If he was a regular contributor to 'conspiracy forums', does anyone know who he is?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Thats true to an extent, because even with being faced with indisputable facts, people's cognitive dissonance will prevail. However, I think @Illmaticis right, TPTB look desperate to me and I think they're going fuck it up at some point. 

well at the moment the daily mail is telling people that captain tom wasn't vaccinated whilst one of their own columnists said otherwise so i suggest that people take to social media and make them choke on that lie

Edited by Macnamara
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, AnarchicBreeze said:

Same for me. The BBC are helping the police target dissenters from the twisted government narrative

Absolutely....

I bet my bottom dollar that a large percentage of BBC “journalists” are either on the British initellgience payroll or are active intelligence agents.

Same goes for ITV, sky news and channel 4 to a lesser degree.

https://www.the-latest.com/uncovered-british-reporters-who-are-spooks  

Edited by Yucca
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

I believe this may well be a fake story. If he was a regular contributor to 'conspiracy forums', does anyone know who he is?

i'm surprised that the piece doesn't say that he's '33' years old...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Yucca said:

I bet my bottom dollar that a large percentage of BBC “journalists” are either on the British initellgience payroll or are active intelligence agents.

in the US the intelligence infiltration of the media was called 'operation mockingbird'

to think the same isn't true of the british media would be naive in the extreme; they're gonna want to control the information spigots

Edited by Macnamara

2 minutes ago, oddsnsods said:

Now been edited out.🤔🤫🙈

is it fair at this point to call the folks at the daily mail 'enemies of the british people'?

i think at this point that would be a fair description

Not a sound round my neck of the woods.

Is the great Tom already forgotten by my awful and horridneighbours?

They don't remember the plucky doggie victims of the Taliban either.

Seems a pity to disappoint poor BoJo, dishevelled ( hitting the 'Winston juice' in the cupboard at No 10?) and under pressure from all the incoming directives from Fauci, Gates and Schwab.

Clapping on the doorstep might not be advisable or sensible for oldies when it's 3 degrees C and wet. But if clapping on the doorstep is to start off again, maybe we need a change of emphasis.

Let's hear a round of applause for ... Vernon Coleman...  David  Icke ...  and Nick Kollerstrom...

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

the problem is that i've been watching them fuck it up for years

no WMD's in iraq

building 7 going down on 911 when no plane hit it

libor rate rigging, london whale, mf global etc etc

epstein, saville

but wheres the justice?

i've been waiting for a longtime for people to really start paying attention to the world around them but i see people retreating into self-delusionment even as the walls close in

Edited by Macnamara
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ziggy Sawdust said:

Total set up in my opinion.

Agreed.....

Where is his security? I can’t believe he’d be without any.

In my opinion this was staged, as are all the reports and videos of  the “COVID deniers” who suddenly and magically contract COVID and die, but before they do they make a little video to proclaim how wrong and misguided they were. 

My favourite are all the COVID  patients apparently near-death on the ICU’s around the country, but yet they always seem to have plenty of breath and energy to do an interview or two when the news reporters are around?! 

8 minutes ago, vinny79 said:

Great find

its unbelievable this eh ?

So the vaccine killed him

poor sod 

mind he was 100

So we have been gaslighted! 

I'm sure that's a crime.

Where do we begin?

I did a bit of reading and came across this from an article on Gaslighting. It's about abusers...

• seclusion – isolating the victim from their friends and family.
  • questioning and ridiculing the victim’s memory.
  • accusing the victim of lying or fabrication.
  • reneging on, or simply denying previously made promises or something they have said.
  • withholding information from the victim.
  • misdirecting the victim to do something, then questioning the victim’s actions.
  • persistent denial – denying a previous incident or conversation took place.
  • constantly contradicting or discounting information that comes from the victim.
  • belittling the victim’s worth. Making them seem unimportant and treating them as inferior.
  • trivialising and ridiculing the victim’s thoughts or feelings.
  • withdrawing affection and/or physical intimacy.
  • blatant and constant lying.
  • blaming – accusing the victim of messing up, failing them, not caring about the abuser, making the victim feel inadequate and like they have failed.
  • put downs – comments that they can easily find someone else, that the victim can be replaced by someone more attractive or who isn’t “useless” like the victim.
  • silent and sulky treatment – ignoring the victim for days and giving them the cold shoulder, often over something trivial. Putting the victim through a guilt trip.
  • dismissive language – such as “you’re mad, “you’re paranoid”, “you’re hysterical”, “don’t be so sensitive”, “can’t you take a joke”, “don’t be so dramatic”, or “you are imagining things”.
  • creating inexplicable incidents to either blame the victim or so that they doubt themselves.
  • verbal abuse.
  • manipulate and mould the way the victim looks, dresses and acts.
  • monitoring and surveillance.

From this website - https://safeguardinghub.co.uk/gaslighting-a-basic-guide/

All sounds very familiar!!!

Edited by allymisfit
Further research took me back.
  • Like 3

Just now, vinny79 said:

Great find

its unbelievable this eh ?

So the vaccine killed him

poor sod 

mind he was 100

Well we dont know, but seems he was hospitalised after having the vaccine & then tested positive, so was another case.

But was on holiday in Barbados, so could have well caught a cold on the plane.

I dont watch TV so havent bought into any of this.

Researching his Handler daughter Hannah & her "Maytrix" marketing firm seem to be profiting nicely from the virtual signalling props.

4 minutes ago, Macnamara said:

the problem is that i've been watching them fuck it up for years

no WMD's in iraq

building 7 going down on 911 when no plane hit it

libor rate rigging, london whale, mf global etc etc

epstein, saville

but wheres the justice?

i've been waiting for a longtime for people to really start paying attention to the world around them but i see people retreating into self-delusionment even as the walls close in

Once they take everyone's shit from them, just you watch. 

Edited by Morpheus

6 minutes ago, Yucca said:

Where is his security? I can’t believe he’d be without any.

what was he doing there standing like a gormless twat in the street?

are they going to stage stuff like that to then claim that the sage team and government need special protections so that they can pass new laws to shut down 'covid denial'?

Edited by Macnamara
  • Haha 1

"South African variant" in Birmingham:

Live updates - South African variant of Covid-19 detected in Birmingham, mass testing to start

From: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/live-updates-south-african-variant-19761490

The feared South African variant of Covid-19 has been detected in Birmingham, affecting two members of the same extended family, we can confirm today.

Neither of those affected have been abroad recently, meaning they have caught the infection locally.

The two community cases have been confirmed in the Frankley Great Park area of the city.

Mass testing will start tomorrow at St Modwen's on Longbridge Business Park, with more venues to open later this week.

More than 10,000 adults living locally will be asked to undergo urgent testing, starting tomorrow, in a bid to check if there are more cases of the highly infectious variant and isolate anyone affected.

"Feared variant", oh for crying out loud...

A sure fire way to increase the 'case' numbers, is to frighten more and more people into 'having tests'...

However, it was not until Friday last week that random tests revealed their infections were of the South African variant, with further checks since to try to work out how they caught it, he said.

Mass testing will now start for residents in the Frankley Great Park ward area and nearby neighbourhoods, with a target to test 10,000 residents.

"Random tests revealed their infections were of the South African variant" - really, come on, how exactly is this being determined?

Birmingham Northfield MP Gary Sambrook Said: “Following the announcement of the new variant in Frankley Great Park ward it is vital that people follow the Public Health advice.

"It’s really important that people living or working in the Frankley Great Park ward and parts of south Northfield between Frankley and the A38, since 1 January 2021, go and get a PCR COVID-19 test this week through one of the designated sites in the area, even if they are not showing symptoms.

Just go and get tested! Even if you have no symptoms! Gotta get those case numbers rising again! And how many more new 'variants' will they find?

Katie Spence, Deputy Director, PHE West Midlands, said: "The UK has one of the best genomic systems in the world which has allowed us to detect the variant originating in South Africa here in Birmingham.

"The most important thing is that people continue to follow the guidance that is in place, limit your number of contacts, wash your hands regularly and thoroughly, keep your distance and cover your face. If you test positive by any method, you must isolate to stop the spread of the virus.”

Yeah, because washing hands, keeping distance, and covering faces has worked so well for the last year, hasn't it?

The press release continues: "There is currently no evidence to suggest this variant is more serious than others, or that the regulated vaccine would not protect against it, however it is important that we control the spread of this new variant quickly.

If there is 'no evidence' to suggest this variant is more serious, then why the 'feared variant' rhetoric from the media?

6 minutes ago, allymisfit said:

So we have been gaslighted! 

I'm sure that's a crime.

Where do we begin?

the only place that may hear your plea is the court of public opinion

all the doors of the state will be firmly shut in your face

2 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

but as of yet there is no explanation as to where it came from.

When this magic virus reappeared in Auckland after 102 days and they locked it down and sealed it off with the military, postponed the election, bought in mandated masks on public transport and started hauling the "infected" and their households out of their homes into the facilities, questions were asked and talks about the "cold storage" where the guy worked for a few days...then completely dropped from public conversation.

(It was also very suspicious the week before the PM was on TV at a mask factory and the CHO was having a televised test lol)

Months later when I started trying to convince my mum my it really was the biggest hoax in human history and NZ govt is a part of it too, I asked her how did she think a virus just magically reappeared in the community after 102 days?! to which she said "it came in on the cold storage plant where the guy worked" 

Its amazing that even people who are not stupid can be hoodwinked when their not overly suspicious about everything happening aka a conspiracy theorist.

2 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

"Covid denier who thought pandemic was a hoax dies of virus",

Are they still using that old trope?! For love of Gawd they've been using that since the beginning of this charade. As with the London bus and the NHS Father Christmas etc, you would think the behavioural psychologist in SAGE would know the saturation will loose all effect?

That's where my heart really goes out to the rest of my global human family - the devious sustained psychological warfare has reached insane levels - it's truly evil what's happening with the side of the warfare.

It's still ongoing in Australia, (its curious how the Melbourne-tyranny model is now being rolled out elsewhere now too,) but NZ seems to have this magical bubble of insulation against most of the total lunacy going on every else, even stuff like the whole transgenderism of the English language etc doesn't take root. It's like we're still some back-water, provincial place like it was in the 80s.

Edited by skitzorat
  • Like 1